tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+30
Jenetta
oliverclay
Floyd
magamud
seekeroftruth
THEeXchanger
Owlsden
Beren
malletzky
Carol
Brook
Rasa
earthian
immortalisdolor
HigherLove
Sanicle
iysun
devakas
Anchor
eMonkey
TRANCOSO
spiritwarrior
greybeard
Nebula
Mercuriel
Balance
pedro m
truth and integrity
ClearWater
mudra
34 posters

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1

mudra
    mudra

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 20 Empty Re: The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1

Post  mudra Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:57 am

Franco DeNicola Clarity and Inner Peace Preview Webcast pt 1 of 7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDu5w9CniUc&feature=related

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1 - Page 20 Empty Re: The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 1

Post  mudra Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:06 am

"There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it. "

- Edith Wharton

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:40 am

Lessons from 4 Near Death Experiences NDE & Out of Body Experiences OBE‬

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31LkbXGnuJI

Thubs Up Thubs Up Thubs Up

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:05 am

"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope."

- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:04 pm

INSPIRATIONAL POSTROCK: J. KRISHNAMURTI "Totally Absolutely Without Conflict" [1/4]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIHDdeDdi_I

THE ONLY VIDEO YOU HAVE TO SEE: J. KRISHNAMURTI "Totally Absolutely Without Conflict"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB1_1J6Jqvk

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:24 am

"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free." ~ Michelangelo

Love Always
    mudra
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:08 am

I think this is one of my most favorite quotes mudra. We could take the quote a step further as if one were to look at the human ego as marble, one sets about carving away ego to set spirit (the angel within) free.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:32 am

Carol wrote:I think this is one of my most favorite quotes mudra. We could take the quote a step further as if one were to look at the human ego as marble, one sets about carving away ego to set spirit (the angel within) free.

Thank you Carol . That is somehow how I was looking at it too . Also the ability to see beyond mere apparences the free flowing essence that brings about all worlds into manifestation. These are really words one can expand with .

Love for You
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:33 am

Mukti 'Stillness'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT2P6kByKhI

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:03 am

Fly Free
    by Mukti

Break the cycle of suffering by embracing stillness.
    Article by Mukti, originally published in Yoga Journal

Soon after I was married, I found myself busier than I'd ever been before. Working two part-time jobs, commuting to acupuncture school, and studying for my state licensing exams, I needed to feel some sense of quiet inside. So I decided to hold the question "Where is rest?"

The answer didn’t come to me in words; instead, I discovered that just asking the question elicited a sense of stillness and peace. Once my mind became calm, I could rest in the busyness.

My interest in stillness didn’t start, or stop, there. Since childhood, I’d wondered about the words from Psalm 46 that we learned in Sunday school: Be still and know that I am God. So when I began hearing Eastern teachings, I was intrigued by concepts such as samsara (continuous movement) and nirvana (cessation).

In the East, an image that’s referred to as the "wheel of samsara" has been used for centuries to depict the continuous cycle of birth, death, and rebirth, and the conditions that cause suffering. The conditions of ego that power the wheel are sometimes called the three poisons. They are desire, or attachment; hatred, or aversion; and ignorance, or illusion. When one's life is lived free of these conditions, one is said to be freed from the wheel of samsara.

In my own experience, the first two conditions, attachment and aversion, are best remedied by addressing the third condition, ignorance. You could say that the root condition of suffering is ignorance of our true nature, ignorance of knowing ourselves as spirit. Attachment and aversion, then, cause day-to-day suffering.

Stillness, I have seen, is both the treatment for ignorance and the ultimate antidote to samsara. When your mind is still, you get a rest from the push-pull energies that drive the ego and cause suffering. In stillness, the energies of attachment and aversion can unwind. The sense of a "me" who desires can relax out of the center of experience and ultimately dissolve. That is the harmonizing quality of stillness.

To get a dose of what life is like divorced from stillness, try this experiment: Think a thought that has "push" energy, such as "I don’t want to go to work" or "I don’t want to have that difficult conversation." Or think, "That shouldn’t be." Now check in with your body. Can you feel it registering aversion? It may feel like there's a hand in your gut, pushing away.

Next, consider a "pull" thought, such as "I want to meet someone who will love me" or "They should do what I want." Hold that thought, and then pay attention to your body. Do you feel a grasping fist in your gut? Tension in your shoulders?

Either way, push or pull, your body beautifully lets you know which thoughts will cause you constriction, inner division, or feelings of separation. It would seem, then, that if you could stop divisive thoughts, you'd be at peace with whatever presents itself in each moment.

But wait... having trouble finding the "off" switch? Yep, thoughts keep coming. The more you try not to think, the more aversion arises. And the more you try not to have divisive thoughts, the more attachment arises. Both efforts take you further away from experiencing peace.
    A Better Way

But there is an alternative to push-pull thoughts. Again using your body as a thought meter, feel your gut as you contemplate the phrase "Thoughts simply arise." Let the words permeate your body. Do they make you feel more peaceful, or less so? My guess is that you feel more peaceful. Perhaps you can sense relaxation as you let go of assigning credit or blame for having a particular thought. When you align yourself this way with what life is presenting—with reality—the experience of inner division gives way to peace.

Thoughts themselves don’t create division, separation, and suffering. Rather, investing thoughts with belief, identifying with them, and taking them personally are what fuels the wheel of samsara.

When you identify with a thought, that creates a fixed position in time and space—like a star in the night sky. As you identify with more thoughts, you create more fixed positions, until you have an entire constellation of ideas and beliefs. The lines of that constellation continue to grow and overlap, creating something that begins to look solid, like an object. Those fixed points create an illusion of an individual "me," with its own boundaries separating it from the whole.

You can live your whole life in ignorance, not knowing that suffering is a result of believing the thoughts that suggest you are separate from the whole. But if you examine your push-pull thoughts, discover which beliefs you're investing in, and question them, you can slip into stillness and become your own medicine—the perfect antidote to the poisons of ignorance, attachment, and aversion.
    What is Stillness?

Connect with the quiet at the center of your whirling energies.

Begin by sitting comfortably. Close your eyes, breathe deeply, and let your body settle, inviting relaxation. Observe your body as you allow it to cease moving. Lean softly into your experience and give it your whole attention.

Now drop this question into the space between your muscles and bones: What is stillness? Let your body experience the answer. Let the body’s response wash into every part of you, from the top of your head down to the floor or chair where you are sitting. As your body quiets and softens, notice the stillness gather and settle.

Maintaining a steady and intimate quality of attention, let the stillness widen and let your senses open globally to the outer world. Notice the space of your awareness and let it relax outward. Let sounds in the distance enter the space of your awareness, but don’t strain to hear or to make note of them. Notice any sounds that arise closer to you, between the edge of your body and the outer shores of your hearing.

While continuing to soften into stillness, rest a portion of your attention on the surface of your body, allowing it to stop there completely, allowing the stillness saturating you inside and out to soften any sense of boundaries between your body and the outside world.

Let any sense of a "me" who is aware relax out of the center, letting stillness dissolve all attachment, all effort.

Arrow http://www.google.be/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=mukti+stillness&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&redir_esc=&ei=Ze9QTpypOYqVOumClbYB

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:56 am

"I kept a poem in my Bible that sustained me throughout my life. Here it is:

'I have only a minute...Only 60 seconds in it...Forced
    upon me...Can't refuse it...Didn't seek it...Didn't choose
    it...I have only just a minute... But eternity is in it.'

These words gave me hope and perspective during good times and bad."

~ Fredide Hogenson Knudson (1881-1963)

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:25 pm

Peter Russell 'The Great Awakening' Interview by Iain McNay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irFpxlXNSYI

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:45 pm

Thich Nhat Hanh ◦ The Nature of Things ◦ Stonehill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYvCh8lc14s&feature=related

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:51 pm

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:34 pm

"Appreciation is like looking through a wide-angle lens that lets you see the entire forest, not just the one tree limb you walked up on."

- Doc Childre and Sara Paddison

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:20 pm

"Love what you do, focus on what's real for you, despite the influences around you."

James Hopkins

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:07 pm

(Part 1 of 9) Now is the Time: An Uncensored Interview with Matt Kahn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itzCGSmo_Ao

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:40 pm

The Purity of Truth- Matt Kahn /TrueDivineNature.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBstMzyXgnY&feature=relmfu

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:45 pm

"We don't have a future together. We only have right here, right now.
    This moment is all we have together. To the seeker, that's incredibly depressing.
    But to recognise the utter preciousness of this moment liberates me from the need
    to complete myself in the future, and liberates you from having to provide that completion.
    In this timelessness, we truly meet.
    Love is the disappearance of time, the disappearance of the story of 'relationship',
    and true relationship is possible here."

- Jeff Foster

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:24 pm

Free Awareness Belgium Retreat (Part 1 of 2) - 3 Key Realizations "Awakening, Unity & Emptiness"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOKQYfCJ4KM&NR=1

I enjoyed listening to him . I am amazed how many young and older people are emerging these times that
    attain a state of bliss . It's beautifull to see.

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:44 pm

Sri Yukteswar - The Holy Science

scribd: Arrow http://www.scribd.com/doc/35297919/Sri-Yukteswar-The-Holy-Science

This extraordinary treatise explores parallel passages from the Bible and the Hindu scriptures to reveal the essential unity of all religions. Swami Sri Yukteswar is renowned as the revered guru of the great pioneer of yoga in the West, Paramahansa Yogananda (author of Autobiography of a Yogi). In this remarkable work - composed in the year 1894 at the request of the great Indian sage, Mahavatar Babaji - Sri Yukteswar outlines the universal path that every human being must travel to enlightenment. He also explains the vast recurring cycles of history - the yugas that mark the upward ascent of human consciousness over millenniums - amid the ever-changing panorama of turbulent world events.

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:39 pm

ECKHART TOLLE: AWAKENING IN THE NOW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwr4zCuEmw0

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:35 pm

Open the curtains

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvs17tHOFO4

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:04 am

Nice one from our friend Gregor Arturo

Prepare the Mind, Open the Heart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXw4izLN1ag&feature=relmfu

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:36 am

"People travel to wonder at the height of the mountains, at the huge waves of the seas, at the long course of the rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motion of the stars, and yet they pass by themselves without wondering."

St. Augustine, 354 430

Love Always
    mudra

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:50 am