tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

5 posters

Who on this forum would b willing to join an Avalonian Eco Community

Poll

Would you live on a self sustainable community with other memebers of this forum and ones like it

[ 1 ]
    Who on this forum would b willing to join an Avalonian Eco Community Bar_left13%Who on this forum would b willing to join an Avalonian Eco Community Bar_right [13%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Who on this forum would b willing to join an Avalonian Eco Community Bar_left25%Who on this forum would b willing to join an Avalonian Eco Community Bar_right [25%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Who on this forum would b willing to join an Avalonian Eco Community Bar_left25%Who on this forum would b willing to join an Avalonian Eco Community Bar_right [25%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Who on this forum would b willing to join an Avalonian Eco Community Bar_left0%Who on this forum would b willing to join an Avalonian Eco Community Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Who on this forum would b willing to join an Avalonian Eco Community Bar_left0%Who on this forum would b willing to join an Avalonian Eco Community Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Who on this forum would b willing to join an Avalonian Eco Community Bar_left13%Who on this forum would b willing to join an Avalonian Eco Community Bar_right [13%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 2 ]
    Who on this forum would b willing to join an Avalonian Eco Community Bar_left24%Who on this forum would b willing to join an Avalonian Eco Community Bar_right [24%] 

Total Votes: 8
    Floyd
    Floyd

Who on this forum would b willing to join an Avalonian Eco Community Empty Who on this forum would b willing to join an Avalonian Eco Community

Post  Floyd Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:55 am

Just out of interest. If there was an hypothetical eco and self sustainable community for members of this forum to join, how many of you would consider paticipating?

There are many views here about how the world needs to change. Do you think like minds coming together in an eco village type community could help get the world in motion.
    What stops you from putting words into action?

Others are doing it but they are not necessarily conspiracy theorists etc. They just realise that things are wrong.

What would stop you from doing such a thing?
    What would inspire you to do such a thing?

Would you be able to put up with Floyd farting in the kitchen?
    malletzky
    malletzky

Who on this forum would b willing to join an Avalonian Eco Community Empty Re: Who on this forum would b willing to join an Avalonian Eco Community

Post  malletzky Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:08 am

Floyd wrote:
    Would you be able to put up with Floyd farting in the kitchen?

Definitelly Floyd, definitelly Wink

Only, to be honest, none of the above for me. Really none. Just for the fact that at the moment I'm on my own path, and my understanding of changing the world beginns within me and the actions I take, and has nothing to do with joining any community.

Another important point is, I consider leaving the "present world" behind and joining any community wouldn't be fair to the many billion other, who couldn't join any community for any reasons.

Not that I am the most important person on this earth, but we're all unique on our own way. I understand my being here on earth also as kind of responsibilty for what I am and what I do, and it is my understanding and I feel strongly that I'm more needed here and now where I am, and I feel that I do the right things, just as it is, no matter what that "right" might be.

With much respect
    Mall...
    Floyd
    Floyd

Who on this forum would b willing to join an Avalonian Eco Community Empty Re: Who on this forum would b willing to join an Avalonian Eco Community

Post  Floyd Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:15 am

malletzky wrote:
    Only, to be honest, none of the above for me. Really none.
    Another important point is, I consider leaving the "present world" behind and joining any community wouldn't be fair to the many billion other, who couldn't join any community for any reasons.

Mall...

Hi Mall
    Im not community orientated though I did flirt with the idea and almost committed. Before it even got off the ground there where identifiable problems concerning the 'leader' of the project and I decided it wasn't for me.
    Although I could be persuaded to join a community run by Bikini clad woman on a desert island somewhere.
    If it worked though I think it would be a good idea, a global network of self sustainable communities without currency would be ideal.

For me though Im keeping things on a small scale but I so admire those who have set up these communities, especially the eco buildings and self sustainable projects. There are some amazing people out there showing the way forward
    malletzky
    malletzky

Post  malletzky Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:16 am

Floyd wrote:
    malletzky wrote:
    Only, to be honest, none of the above for me. Really none.

Mall...

For me though Im keeping things on a small scale but I so admire those who have set up these communities, especially the eco buildings and self sustainable projects. There are some amazing people out there showing the way forward

I couldn't agree more Floyd.

Beren
    Beren

Post  Beren Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:47 pm

What if they dislike reds overthere ???

Crazy Happy

P.S.

When in UK in August I stopped by to Anfield ,bought one scarf and hat (red of course) and bought another for a neighbor who is a die hard...

Didn`t quite understood Liverpool`s accent though... Big Grin 2
    A mix of Scottish and English tossed with local accent...

man!!!
    Big Grin 2
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:51 pm

Beren wrote:What if they dislike reds overthere ???

Crazy Happy

P.S.

When in UK in August I stopped by to Anfield ,bought one scarf and hat (red of course) and bought another for a neighbor who is a die hard...

Didn`t quite understood Liverpool`s accent though... Big Grin 2
    A mix of Scottish and English tossed with local accent...

man!!!
    Big Grin 2

Beren you hippie

Regarding the scouse (Liverpool) accent, it draws most of it's influence from North Wales and Ireland. A large amount of Scottish came to the city at the start of the 1900's to influence it further. It is a unique city in England in terms as it has a lot of 'celtic' blood. In fact if you open a Liverpool phone book two thirds of the surnames would be Irish, Scottish or Welsh!
    For example McCartney and Lennon are Scottish and Irish names respectively.
    F
    Owlsden
    Owlsden

Post  Owlsden Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:50 pm

Talking Scottish touches my heart. I am from the McKay and McLean clan.
    Beren
    Beren

Post  Beren Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:01 pm

Owlsden wrote:Talking Scottish touches my heart. I am from the McKay and McLean clan.

I noticed when in Scotland that when they see that you`re not from UK or USA then they speak more understandable English...

Very Happy

P.S.

a little practice for Americans say RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR and when you peRfect then you are ready for Highlands and Lochs and other colorful stuff over there...

Crazy Happy
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:06 pm

och, doncha know... and we were the Alexanders. cyclops

I can slip into a Scottish brogue at the slip of a tongue. Toast

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:50 am