tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

2 posters

Susan Sarandon Widely Criticized Following Reports That She Called Pope Benedict a Nazi

HigherLove
    HigherLove

Susan Sarandon Widely Criticized Following Reports That She Called Pope Benedict a Nazi Empty Susan Sarandon Widely Criticized Following Reports That She Called Pope Benedict a Nazi

Post  HigherLove Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:24 pm

Susan Sarandon Widely Criticized Following Reports That She Called Pope Benedict a Nazi

During an interview with actor Bob Balaban at the Hamptons Film Festival in New York over the weekend, Susan Sarandon referred to Pope Benedict XVI as a "Nazi," according to a report from New York Newsday.

Days, later, the backlash continues.

While discussing the anti-death-penalty book, "Dead Man Walking," the film adapatation of which Sarandon starred in, the actress reportedly said she sent a copy of the book to the pope.

"The last one," she clarified. "Not this Nazi one we have now."

According to Reuters, Balaban reportedly "gently chided" Sarandon for her comment, which she did not hesitate to repeat.

http://wonderwall.msn.com/movies/susan-sarandon-widely-criticized-following-reports-that-she-called-pope-benedict-a-nazi-1648005.story?gt1=28135
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Susan Sarandon Widely Criticized Following Reports That She Called Pope Benedict a Nazi Empty Re: Susan Sarandon Widely Criticized Following Reports That She Called Pope Benedict a Nazi

Post  orthodoxymoron Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:44 pm

I don't go for nasty name calling. However, I think the Vatican, and all of the Four Reichs, should be closely studied. But still, this study should be completely academic and emotionless. It should be entered into with a completely open, yet critical, mind. We should lay aside our pre-conceived ideas and opinions, and attempt to learn the whole story before passing judgment. I could say more, but I'd rather not. These subjects are too hot for me to handle, but they need to be properly understood in order to properly understand most of what we discuss on this site, IMHO.

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:52 pm