tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+9
gatstrat
burgundia
mudra
malletzky
Balance
Anchor
Stargazer
eleni
Carol
13 posters

MISTS OF AVALON MEMBER OF THE MOMENT

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

MISTS OF AVALON MEMBER OF THE MOMENT Empty MISTS OF AVALON MEMBER OF THE MOMENT

Post  Carol Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:03 am

MISTS OF AVALON MEMBER OF THE MOMENT IS

TRANCOSO

for identifying that Project Avalon 2 managed to lose

over 6,000 members this past month!

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    eleni
    eleni

MISTS OF AVALON MEMBER OF THE MOMENT Empty Re: MISTS OF AVALON MEMBER OF THE MOMENT

Post  eleni Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:20 am

Carol wrote:

TRANCOSO

6000? Wow, the gestapo is really working it!
    Anonymous

MISTS OF AVALON MEMBER OF THE MOMENT Empty Re: MISTS OF AVALON MEMBER OF THE MOMENT

Post  Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:36 am

Carol wrote:

TRANCOSO

Wow! MISTS OF AVALON MEMBER OF THE MOMENT Icon_eek MISTS OF AVALON MEMBER OF THE MOMENT Icon_eek MISTS OF AVALON MEMBER OF THE MOMENT Icon_eek I am not surprised, I think there are harrassing anyone that comes with anything of value.

Well done Lord Trancoso MISTS OF AVALON MEMBER OF THE MOMENT 439414 MISTS OF AVALON MEMBER OF THE MOMENT 291147
    Stargazer
    Stargazer

Post  Stargazer Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:16 am

I don't know if I want to celebrate or be sad....... MISTS OF AVALON MEMBER OF THE MOMENT Icon_neutral
    Anchor
    Anchor

Post  Anchor Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:45 am

PA1 had several thousand relatively inactive members who are not therefore enrolled on PA2.

Whatever is the matter that we must focus on such things?

I'm not here to defend or attack Project Avalon, but I really see this thread as somewhat bitter; and the use of statistics like this is just playing an old game that we don't need to play anymore.

Sorry for the soapbox moment.

AJ..
    Balance
    Balance

Post  Balance Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:24 am

Anchor wrote:PA1 had several thousand relatively inactive members who are not therefore enrolled on PA2.

I'm not here to defend or attack Project Avalon, but I really see this thread as somewhat bitter; and the use of statistics like this is just playing an old game that we don't need to play anymore.

AJ..

Agreed.
    Anonymous

Post  Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:55 am

Anchor wrote:PA1 had several thousand relatively inactive members who are not therefore enrolled on PA2.

AJ..

Hey Anchor, nice to see you here

As far as I remember the last time I checked before AV2 they had about 1400 active members? Is it possible that they made a mega clearing and invited only 300? why will that be, they could not have had 1100 antisocial people there? The Thubans didn't had that amount of suscribers

I know that now anyone can ask for an invitation

I understand your point but I also think that what is, is.

Should we rejoice because PA2 appears to be not as successfull as it was before the split? As one that have left the "thought police" I can not tell you whether it matters or not but, it goes to show that many received a treatment that was not harmonious from the PA team. Cheering is normal, or should we not cheer when we see a sports match? should we not cry faul when we see one?

It might just be a way to get it out of the system for all of us

Love
    malletzky
    malletzky

Post  malletzky Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:49 am

Since the first "glitches, bugs and shut-downs" on PA1 last year [(I think this was June, when the forum was down for few days) when the "active" amount of members "suddenly" and rapidly went down from more then 800 to some 200 (later 300 - 400)], it was obvious to me that the REAL amount of active members has never been larger then 500 in aproximity. Sure, there might've been created over 6000 accounts, but we all know that this happened mostly in the last months of 2008 (especially before the 14th of October MISTS OF AVALON MEMBER OF THE MOMENT Icon_wink , and you all know why).

So the "sudden" dissapearance of the 6000 members is just not surprising me. More the 80% of these accounts were a kind of "dead one".

And as much as I can "feel" the further development of the PA2 (altough I am not a member nor I will under the present circumstances), PA2 will never manage to once again gain the old glory.

Nevertheless, even I feel a big sadness about the recent happenings and the great splitt up, I will not be vengeful. No need for that. Everyone is doing what they feel is right to do, so I just feel fine with that.

BTW...and this is something that botheres me a lot, as I know (let me say better, I feel the energies behind the scene...) that the whole story with PA1 (and now PA2) being shut down in so many occations recently had very little to do with some server problems.

Much more, the feeling that these shut-downs has been deliberately done with purpose is now even stronger then ever.

Why? Well, allow me to assume something here: if the whole forum is off the net, it is much easier (for the one who would purpously do this) to acces the whole database and check the in/outgoing e-mails, PM's. It was all about controll, and it will remain to be about controll.

It's been a nasty game recently, and I'm aware that PA and all other "subforums" (just as this one) has been monitored....by whomever MISTS OF AVALON MEMBER OF THE MOMENT Icon_scratch MISTS OF AVALON MEMBER OF THE MOMENT Icon_wink

But hey...let it be MISTS OF AVALON MEMBER OF THE MOMENT Icon_biggrin . We're here, so let's continue what once started 18 months ago.

With much respect
    Mall...
    Stargazer
    Stargazer

Post  Stargazer Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:45 am

malletzky wrote:Since the first "glitches, bugs and shut-downs" on PA1 last year [(I think this was June, when the forum was down for few days) when the "active" amount of members "suddenly" and rapidly went down from more then 800 to some 200 (later 300 - 400)], it was obvious to me that the REAL amount of active members has never been larger then 500 in aproximity. Sure, there might've been created over 6000 accounts, but we all know that this happened mostly in the last months of 2008 (especially before the 14th of October MISTS OF AVALON MEMBER OF THE MOMENT Icon_wink , and you all know why).

So the "sudden" dissapearance of the 6000 members is just not surprising me. More the 80% of these accounts were a kind of "dead one".

And as much as I can "feel" the further development of the PA2 (altough I am not a member nor I will under the present circumstances), PA2 will never manage to once again gain the old glory.

Mall...

I talked with some of the SMURFs\Agents....IMO they created "place holder" accounts that were inactive till they were needed to throw descent among the ranks.

I "watched" a lot because I can check in frequently while I'm at work and could see the patterns of 3 or 4 accounts that had been there for a while but not used backing up other of the same status

Peace
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:05 pm

Okay, off topic here a bit. I posted this for the simple reason that truth & integrity was
    upset because she thought we were losing people from the move from the
    Invision to Heaven server and was afraid this trend would only continue
    to worsen if we move to our own website. TRANCOSO just reminded us that
    when PA1 moved to the PA2 server it lost 6,000 members. I was just
    pointing out that we weren't doing too badly given that we were already
    up to the number of members we have now in just one week.

I
    didn't mean to gloat or be mean-spirited. I guess this was just a poor
    attempt at lifting up t&i spirits. Of course we are saddened by
    what occurred with PA. Some are still in mourning about it. I'm still
    irritated off at how Bill/admin/mods treat those of us who gave so much
    of ourselves to help make PA1 what it was. So if there is a touch of
    bitterness, yes, that would be true as well.

Last edited by Carol on Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:24 pm

The truth is PA2 is growing in numbers everyday .
    I wish them well and I have respect for our members who dwell in both communities.
    And we are growing in numbers too sunny
    In the same way as PA2 is not trying to build what once was we should'nt ourselves cling to the past .
    This does 'nt make us stronger .
    Let's build from what we have .
    Keeping the focus on this place and an open heart and we will do just fine.

Love Always
    mudra
    Anchor
    Anchor

Post  Anchor Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:06 pm

I guess the reaction in me was against any perceived "competetive" stance - that of comparing numbers of losses from one community or another - I find the idea somewhat negative, and reinforcing the judgmental position of rightness or wrongness. However, on re-reading my post above I realise my post was perhaps overly critical and harsh.
    I agree with Mudra - now the division is substantially complete, each community will form according to the intent of the members within them. Some, like me, will have feet in both camps. I do intend to remain a member of PA2 and work within thier new rules structure, though I expect that this will be my main forum of choice for the forseeable future. No doubt others will choose not too have anything to do with PA2 and that also is perfect for them.
    A related thought: things are always changing, now very fast! I don't think anyone should feel bound by words and intents formed in the past within the limited context of those times. As we move forward, we can make our desicions with increasing light and enlarged vistas of knowledge available to us - therefore you will see people "changing thier minds" and this is totally natural and should be expected (and encouraged).I think it is important is to positively embrace the freedom that enables this to carry out. Focus on the amazing light that has enabled all this to happen and the tremendous opportunities for us to both teach and learn among those of our own and other communities - next see in yourselves what the ideal outcome is, and thereby MAKE IT HAPPEN.
    AJ..
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:20 am

I think that people should go to the forums where they feel comfortable...I am glad that there are a lot of members at A2. Some stuff that they post there I already know, but new Avalon members may not...so let them learn and grow there...
    Anonymous

Post  Guest Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:15 pm

To everything there is a season,
    a time for every purpose under the sun.

Etc.

BC
    gatstrat

Post  gatstrat Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:26 am

AV2 currently has 530 members, and all is well in both camps... MISTS OF AVALON MEMBER OF THE MOMENT Icon_biggrin
    anomalous cowherd
    anomalous cowherd

Post  anomalous cowherd Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:59 am

birds of a feather... MISTS OF AVALON MEMBER OF THE MOMENT Icon_wink
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:23 pm

Carol wrote:

TRANCOSO

MISTS OF AVALON MEMBER OF THE MOMENT 720241 MISTS OF AVALON MEMBER OF THE MOMENT 720241 MISTS OF AVALON MEMBER OF THE MOMENT 720241
    Wow!!!
    I had not seen this before!
    MISTS OF AVALON MEMBER OF THE MOMENT 193366 MISTS OF AVALON MEMBER OF THE MOMENT 193366 MISTS OF AVALON MEMBER OF THE MOMENT 193366
    MISTS OF AVALON MEMBER OF THE MOMENT 164548
    truth and integrity

MISTS OF AVALON MEMBER OF THE MOMENT Empty Mists of Avalon Member OF THE MOMENT

Post  truth and integrity Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:16 am

Carol, Hugs
    You are so sweet. I was so tired and frustrated and I needed to take time off to clarify my feelings. Too many changes and I needed my equilibrium back. Well, spring has come and I wait for summer to spend my time as much as possible on the beach as I can.
    Love,
    t&i
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:37 pm

Sometimes the best of intentions can completely fizzle... MISTS OF AVALON MEMBER OF THE MOMENT Icon_pale
    But I was trying to cheer you up. MISTS OF AVALON MEMBER OF THE MOMENT Icon_cheers

truth and integrity

MISTS OF AVALON MEMBER OF THE MOMENT Empty Mists of Avalon Member OF THE MOMENT

Post  truth and integrity Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:25 pm

Carol,Hugs
    Intentions and caring it is what really counts. I appreciate that.
    Love,
    t&i
    THEeXchanger
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:35 am

wow, what an interesting thread - this is Wink

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:55 am