tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

3 posters

"They" are trying to drill off of California coast, again.

HigherLove
    HigherLove

"They" are trying to drill off of California coast, again. Empty "They" are trying to drill off of California coast, again.

Post  HigherLove Wed May 11, 2011 1:54 am

"They" are trying to drill off of California coast, again. Croppe10
    UPDATE: VOTED DOWN BY SENATE!!!!!!!!!!!

They are targeting my territory again. Grrrrrrr........

GOP bill calls for oil drilling off North Coast

by GUY KOVNER
    THE PRESS DEMOCRAT

May 7, 2011

A Republican move to expedite offshore oil drilling in response to
    $4-a-gallon gasoline includes a bill, scheduled for a House vote this week,
    that could bring oil wells to the Sonoma and Mendocino coast.

“They have the votes to do it,” said Richard Charter of Bodega Bay, an
    anti-drilling advocate with Defenders of Wildlife.

The first of three drilling-related bills sponsored by Rep. Doc Hastings,
    R-Wash., House Natural Resources chairman, passed last week, 266-149, with
    33 Democrats in support and only two Republicans opposed.

That bill, related to oil lease sales off Virginia and in the Gulf of
    Mexico, is intended to reverse the Obama administration’s hold on oil leases
    imposed after the Gulf oil spill.

But another measure, HR 1231, requires the Interior Department to offer
    leases in every area, including California, with significant oil deposits
    three miles off the coast.

The measure, “Reversing President Obama’s Offshore Moratorium Act,” is
    intended to double offshore oil production by 2027. It is scheduled for
    House action Wednesday.

“This is the oil industry’s dream come true,” said Charter, a veteran of the
    30-year battle over North Coast oil development. The last time gasoline hit $4 a gallon was during the 2008 presidential campaign, when an offshore oil moratorium lapsed and Republicans pushed to ”drill now.”

http://myhouseofbelonging.com/higherlove.html

Last edited by HigherLove on Wed May 18, 2011 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

"They" are trying to drill off of California coast, again. Empty Re: "They" are trying to drill off of California coast, again.

Post  Mercuriel Wed May 11, 2011 11:20 am

You know - The Fukashima (Japanese Nuclear Plant Leaks) and Macondo (Gulf Oil Spill) Incidents have Me thinking and almost believing that Mankind simply wants to destroy Itself...

I am thinking - It does not want release - It wants Bondage...

I am thinking - It does not seek Truth - Just more lies that conform to It's false sense of Itself as a Species...

I am thinking - It does not need or want saving - There is almost nothing left to save at any rate...

I am sorry My Brethen - I now this comes off as Harsh but alas - It is what I am seeing lately...

All will receive that which They Focus on. That said - One should watch what They Focus on...

Wink

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

"They" are trying to drill off of California coast, again. Empty Re: "They" are trying to drill off of California coast, again.

Post  HigherLove Wed May 11, 2011 6:56 pm

I hear you, Mercuriel. It's just downright heartbreaking to think about what has been done / may be done.

Thanks for the reminder about where one focuses their energy: "Where the mind goes, energy flows".

I included the picture to help keep me focused on the seemingly pristine coastline in Fort Bragg, so that when I see reality, I can just look at the pic and be reminded to focus on what is present, and not what may be missing or could be missing.

Thanks for your thoughtful response.

:)
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Wed May 18, 2011 7:26 pm

Senate rejects GOP oil drilling plan
    By Ted Barrett and Alan Silverleib, CNN
    May 18, 2011 -- Updated 2047 GMT (0447 HKT)

Washington (CNN) -- The Senate rejected a Republican measure Wednesday to expand offshore oil and gas drilling in U.S. coastal waters, signaling a continued partisan stalemate over energy policy and, more specifically, how to respond to rising gas prices.

The bill was defeated in a 42-57 vote. Sixty votes were required for passage.

Five Republicans -- Alabama's Richard Shelby, Louisiana's David Vitter, Maine's Olympia Snowe, South Carolina's Jim DeMint, and Utah's Mike Lee -- voted against the bill.

One Democrat, Montana's Max Baucus, didn't vote.

On Tuesday, the Senate rejected a Democratic measure to strip major oil companies of about $20 billion in tax subsidies over the next 10 years and use the savings to pay down the federal deficit.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/05/18/senate.oil.drilling/
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Thu May 19, 2011 5:34 am

That's great news Higher Love. I'm wondering though, was there any talk up that way about organizing demonstrations against it or anything? There doesn't seem to be as much demonstrating about environmental issues anymore and I'm wondering if people are in shock over Fukishima etc and/or have given up thinking they can make a difference. I would have thought that up in your beautiful neck of the woods the 'green' movement would still be strong. Have you noticed anything?
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Thu May 19, 2011 8:58 am

In terms of the drilling, it was not expected to pass the senate anyway, so nobody really got their hackles up.

As for Fukushima, most people do not even talk about it anymore, unless I bring it up. People all over are acting like it has all been fixed. Part of it is due to refusing to live in fear, but part of it also is about keeping ones head in the sand. I think. :op

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 10:30 pm