tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+10
Vidya Moksha
burgundia
anomalous cowherd
aMuse
mudra
greybeard
LeeEllisMusic
lindabaker
Mercuriel
Floyd
14 posters

Sai Baba Dead

starninja
    starninja
    Inactive

Sai Baba Dead - Page 3 Empty Re: Sai Baba Dead

Post  starninja Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:16 pm

Vidya Moksha wrote:

But I have managed spiritual highs at times in my life, and during this period the monkey was absolutely silent, i completely surrendered to the universe, i knew all was perfect exactly as it evolved, i had no desire, no need, no ego, no conern as to how things unfolded... so i know, for me, from my own experience, that surrendering to the flow is essential.. I also know that my monkey doesnt understand this concept. Your monkies dont either.

But! One valid and exceptionally succesful way of achieving this complete surrender is through a guru. Now its not my path, and its not yours, but it is valid. And easy, if you have that mindset.. and the guru or teacher or god or whatever, is just a bridge, once you have surrendered you are back in the universal flow and the guru will dissolve as part of that process...
    mmm ninja, you misunderstand and misquote me but thats ok.. i did hope to make it clear that I have the same ideas you do, i need to find my own path, my own way, and i also agree there is a lack of passion in most teachings. I could never ever even consider surrendering to a guru.. but the point I wanted to make is that this is a valid path for some, and shouldnt be so easily dismissed.

I don’t think so that I misunderstood you. You said…..I had no desire, no need, no ego, no concern. To be honest, I felt a chill in my spine when I read it. Therefore, I said that I would never ever give up my desire or needs. It is giving up who I am. Unfortunately, eastern spirituality teaches that it is nirvana, or enlightenment. No thanks no.
    Yes, some people choose not to grow but instead they surrender to their guru. As AC said, we may ask from where the power of throwing a golden egg comes from?

I was interested in eastern spirituality for a number of years. Never follow those teachings. I grew up in catholic family and I am the only one in entire family who said no, so, eastern spirituality has provided a nice alternative to catholic dogma. Now, I know that they were created by those who created Buddhism, Hindu, or Islam. It is very freeing.

The only reason that I was interested in Buddhism and Hindu because I had an experience and I wanted to understand it and repeat it again. The closet explanation is provided by Raja Yoga. I accessed a spiritual mind. It was very blissful experience but words can’t describe it. Secondly, I was flooded with tons of insights and I wish I were not lazy and wrote it down. It happened before I read anything about eastern spirituality. I have not experienced that state again. But maybe as I am clearing my mind from all spiritual beliefs I may access it again. I wish I could do it again and it happened without any teachings or gurus. Lolerz
    anomalous cowherd
    anomalous cowherd

Post  anomalous cowherd Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:52 pm

yeah, cool, nice to hear what you experienced starninja.

I don't have tons of time for forum chats (sadly) but I am not repeatedly replying to this thread on a whim. I think the understanding of this issue is crucial, and much of it is to do with understanding the shadow. The very thing the new age is trying to sanitize us from owning, experiencing and embracing within our own selves. When we DON'T do this, or think we have found someone who washes us clean of it, you help create something like a pedo guru of mega proportions. Very unhealthy .

I do not wish to offend, I post only for consideration of outmoded control mechanisms of every sort and an appeal to common sense.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:27 pm

starninja wrote:
    Amnesia regarding who we are......I hope that you don’t mean past lives memories.

No what I meant is what I said " amnesia regarding who we are ".
    Wink

Love for you

mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:44 pm

anomalous cowherd wrote:

I'd sooner follow Mudra any day, but she doesn't want followers.

Well yes... It would be hard to follow me .That's because I am not going anywhere if only close to a cup of tea usually Wink
    You'll always be welcome to share it with me of course anomalous .
    BrookBrook

Hugs

Love from me
    mudra
    anomalous cowherd
    anomalous cowherd

Post  anomalous cowherd Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:47 pm

I hardly go anywhere either, Mudra, except up and down the garden path. I'm glad you remember you YOU are , it helps us to see ourselves.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:08 pm

anomalous cowherd wrote: I hardly go anywhere either, Mudra, except up and down the garden path.

Up and down the garden path ... how wonderfull anomalous .
    This brought to mind " Mister Chance " .

Being There

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgGvd1UPZ88&feature=player_embedded

Thanks .
    I must post all videos in the movie section.
    Being there is one of my favorite.

Love for You

The Karen

mudra

mudra
    anomalous cowherd
    anomalous cowherd

Post  anomalous cowherd Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:10 pm

So funny, I was just thinking the other day that's who I was turning into! Thanks for this, xo I love you
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:34 pm

anomalous cowherd wrote:So funny, I was just thinking the other day that's who I was turning into! Thanks for this, xo I love you

Hehe that must be part of the synchronicities Sanicle is mentioning above.
    We are not going anywhere but we are getting somewhere Cheerful

Love for you
    mudra
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:13 pm

starninja wrote:

I don’t think so that I misunderstood you. You said…..I had no desire, no need, no ego, no concern. To be honest, I felt a chill in my spine when I read it. Therefore, I said that I would never ever give up my desire or needs. It is giving up who I am. Unfortunately, eastern spirituality teaches that it is nirvana, or enlightenment. No thanks no.
    Yes, some people choose not to grow but instead they surrender to their guru. As AC said, we may ask from where the power of throwing a golden egg comes from?
    i think we are discussing semantics, its so hard to describe the place i was at, so hard to put words to such overwhelming feelings of connectedness... and i went into the esoteric religions to try and find out what i had experienced.. but i was truly alive during my experience.. no desire but plenty of passion for life.. anyway, we will be talking in circles now, so i will bow out of here, i vote for a cup of tea with mudra and cowgirl
    starninja
    starninja
    Inactive

Post  starninja Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:57 pm

Vidya Moksha wrote:

i think we are discussing semantics, its so hard to describe the place i was at, so hard to put words to such overwhelming feelings of connectedness... and i went into the esoteric religions to try and find out what i had experienced.. but i was truly alive during my experience.. no desire but plenty of passion for life.. anyway, we will be talking in circles now, so i will bow out of here, i vote for a cup of tea with mudra and cowgirl

Perhaps we discuss semantics. The difference is that I didn’t need any teachings or guru. It was spontaneous. Secondly, my experience was different that yours as you said that you didn’t have needs, desires, or egos. I felt fully alive, full of feelings and fully connected with all needs and desires. I even loved my ex-husband during that experience. Very unusual. Insanely Happy But you contradict yourself as you said earlier,”I also agree there is a lack of passion in most teachings”. Therefore, it is my deepest concern and criticism of those teachings. I know that I don’t need any teachings as I didn’t need when I had that experience. I need to find out how I can access it again. I know that we have been deeply compromised and the knowledge is hidden but esoteric teaching is no my cup of coffee. I want to find my way as I did in the past. I agree that we will be talking in circlers. Our discussion has helped me to clarify my thoughts and feelings, though. Thanks. The Karen
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:26 pm

starninja wrote: The difference is that I didn’t need any teachings or guru. It was spontaneous. Secondly, my experience was different that yours as you said that you didn’t have needs, desires, or egos. I felt fully alive, full of feelings and fully connected with all needs and desires. I even loved my ex-husband during that experience. I need to find out how I can access it again. I know that we have been deeply compromised and the knowledge is hidden but esoteric teaching is no my cup of coffee. I want to find my way as I did in the past. I agree that we will be talking in circlers. Our discussion has helped me to clarify my thoughts and feelings, though. Thanks. The Karen

i dont think we are so far apart in our experiences, mine was spontaneous also, i looked to the teachings to try and explain it, after the event. I never did find an answer. I think i need to stop looking. I dont think any of the teachings I have encountered hold the whole truth, in energetical terms they are too masculine.

During my experience I had the strangest feeling that it didnt matter who i talked to, all would understand what I was saying, and saying to one person was the same as saying it to all. I have only just encountered true love energy, but then males and females do work out of different centres, it will be interesting to feel if i can be connected on that level should i ever find myself in such a space again.

However, I have met several people who looked quite aware and awake on a 'spiritual' level, and several of them achieved this through a guru, or focus... which is where i first came into this thread... coffee time now :)
    starninja
    starninja
    Inactive

Post  starninja Sun May 01, 2011 2:23 am

]b]Vidya Moksha[/b] wrote:

i dont think we are so far apart in our experiences, mine was spontaneous also, i looked to the teachings to try and explain it, after the event. I never did find an answer. I think i need to stop looking. I dont think any of the teachings I have encountered hold the whole truth, in energetical terms they are too masculine.

During my experience I had the strangest feeling that it didnt matter who i talked to, all would understand what I was saying, and saying to one person was the same as saying it to all. I have only just encountered true love energy, but then males and females do work out of different centres, it will be interesting to feel if i can be connected on that level should i ever find myself in such a space again.

However, I have met several people who looked quite aware and awake on a 'spiritual' level, and several of them achieved this through a guru, or focus... which is where i first came into this thread... coffee time now :)

I don’t think that I will find explanation, either. Perhaps, we just meant to experience it and enjoy it. But our monkey mind wants to know. But I would love to experience it again. I heard that people can get that kind of experience through a guru. In fact, I heard from a person who was involved in Siddha Yogi for 12 years and she had that blissful experience. She left when she realized that became a victim of the guru who used black magic. I don’t know her personally so that I can’t verify that. However, I read enough about occult and there are gurus who use this power as this person said for control, money, and sex. Plus, I have never been a follower and the guru would ask me to leave shortly. Insanely Happy I just can’t stand to be told what to do and I question everything.

I don’t think so that males and females work out of different centers. I believe that it is a result of our programming. My teachers into the realm of emotions were....... males. Can you believe it? I am wondering if that state we are taking about is our natural state but it has been lost through our programming and indoctrination. I had a couple of times a very powerful experience, not the same but it was highly emotionally charged. When I made a conscious decision that I was going to feel and not to suppress feelings I experienced feelings of such intensity that if I didn’t have emotional awareness I would be calling 911, believing that I had a heart attack. But the next day, I feel happiness and joy of such intensity that.....I was ready to dance naked on the street. I had to really control myself not to do it but I danced anyway. Lolerz But it was only for a day. So, again, I wanted to understand what happened and how I could access it. Hm......maybe my problem is that I like spending to much in my head rather in my body. scratch
    malletzky
    malletzky

Post  malletzky Sun May 01, 2011 7:19 am

I'm not here to tell you (all of you, not one particular) what to do, but I will tell you that the chances to understand and find an explanation for your blissful experiences are very low. This is just for the reason that our mind, as you've understand by now, is playing tricky games with our own and real being. We're too limited to understand the whole range of our existence.

The whole is rather a matter of allowing and accepting...in this case some particular experiences. Not questioning, but allowing and accepting as it is, even for the unknown reasons. It also is a matter of being happy (rather grateful) to have been able to experience another state of being, far more powerful and far more real that our own present. Not many can tell that they did.

And at last, it's a matter of letting go...means, not trying to call that particular experiences back...despite the fact that they're a really something unexplainably beautiful. It won't work, as it will be forced from You upon You. No mater what technique you might use, even call a guru to help you.

But be sure that if needed, these experiences will be back...to remind you of something very important.

I was able to have had such experiences too, which I recorded back on PA1 in my thread called The concept of the unification. If interested, you can read my three experiences here, it's only 2 pages.

But nevertheless, this thread is probably the wrong place for such discussion.

Much respect
    Mall...
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Sun May 01, 2011 7:53 am

Yes Mal it might not be the right place I will post something which may be relevant on the ego thread
    Regards Chris
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun May 01, 2011 8:41 am

Other then what Merc posted and Lee - a few posts at the beginning of this thread I've not read it as I'm dealing with a life and death situation here away from home. Even here in our own family my brother and I are at odds as he views the world one way and I another. When I sit down with him and take the time to express how I feel or what I see - I THINK he's getting it only to see by his behavior that he is just to set in his ways, his own personal world-view that we (our personal world-view) shall likely never meet in 3-D. It just isn't going to happen.

These types of differences also play themselves out in the real world and here on the forums. The fundalmental element here is that even though we don't personally know each other we can be considerate and we can practice kindness when there is a differing perspective.

I know having been the executive director of a battered women's program and of the child abuse prevention council from first hand experience with victims that evil and Satanism exists. Certainly my reality. I've seen evil up close and personal yet irrespective of all the worse that mankind has to dish out I still advocate rising above the worst of what life can offer to find/discover the best that dwells within us - which is our own spiritual integrity.

I've had NDE where I releived every thought and negative emotion I ever had and all I have to say is that this experience changed me. I no longer think evil thoughts when behind someone slow on the freeway or spend time getting emotionally worked up with negative emotions where they stick to me. Sure there may be a passing moment of anger, frustration or irritation... but it is "passing."

Perhaps we are all "works" in progress and as the artist we get to choose which pattern we will paint across the canvas of our life. I choose truth, beauty and justice. And I hope I can remain kind even when I don't feel like it.

Mists - what is it but the expression of many beings from around the world who are not all going to be in agreement. Yet we can choose kindness in the end. And like others, I enjoy wit, humor. I don't enjoy reading where others put another member down and I've seen a bit more of that of late. Perhaps it is a sign of the times with how the earth changes are affecting the global psyche of everyone on a sub-conscious level.

Yet, in the midst of all of this global stress - it is a time of polishing oneself in the process of becoming. I know I get frustrating when I run into people who flatly refuse to accept the truth of a situation (my brother - case in point). And I've come to the conclusion that some people do not want to know the truth because it upsets their world-view and they just aren't ready to emotionally grow outside of their comfort zone. Case in point, my sibling, illusion is preferable to reality. There is absolutely nothing I can do or say that will change his mind so I choose to step back and not get caught up in his self-made undoing.

The same here at Mists. If people choose to be unkind to one another I choose to stay out of it other then from time to time to comment on the process. This is not where I'm at. My emotional energy is going to my mother and we are having good success with her large cell lymphoma in a very unusual way. Don't know how long this will last but at least it gives us more time... where a few weeks back she was in the hospital getting the last rites because 3 docs thought she was dying.

They were wrong. There is one day to be born and one day for dying. All the rest are for living. So we are focused on living and enjoying this time we have while we still can. Peace to you all and may you step beyond your personal view points to embrace the reality that we are here together and have each other so that we may continue to grow spiritually in the moment.

JT Lawless JT

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Sun May 01, 2011 11:02 am

It's great to hear your Mother is doing better Carol. My prayers are with you. I love you
    starninja
    starninja
    Inactive

Post  starninja Sun May 01, 2011 12:26 pm

malletzky wrote:

I'm not here to tell you (all of you, not one particular) what to do, but I will tell you that the chances to understand and find an explanation for your blissful experiences are very low. This is just for the reason that our mind, as you've understand by now, is playing tricky games with our own and real being. We're too limited to understand the whole range of our existence.

The whole is rather a matter of allowing and accepting...in this case some particular experiences. Not questioning, but allowing and accepting as it is, even for the unknown reasons. It also is a matter of being happy (rather grateful) to have been able to experience another state of being, far more powerful and far more real that our own present. Not many can tell that they did.A

And at last, it's a matter of letting go...means, not trying to call that particular experiences back...despite the fact that they're a really something unexplainably beautiful. It won't work, as it will be forced from You upon You. No mater what technique you might use, even call a guru to help you.

But be sure that if needed, these experiences will be back...to remind you of something very important.

I was able to have had such experiences too, which I recorded back on PA1 in my thread called The concept of the unification. If interested, you can read my three experiences here, it's only 2 pages.

But nevertheless, this thread is probably the wrong place for such discussion.

Much respect
    Mall...

Yes, I agree that we need to allow that to happen. But I wouldn’t agree that we need stop questioning. We have minds for a reason. Big Grin 2 Some may choose to be empty minded. But from a psychological point of view they have a quite fragmented self which is very serious. Those who have fragmented sense of self are stuck on lowest levels of a human development such as childhood and early adolescence. For example, most people who have addiction and replaced alcohol or drugs with AA. They are stuck at this level and they don’t question at all as most of them never reach the critic stage that is the late adolescence. Those are victims of any spiritual teachers or gurus. We wouldn’t want to listen to them, wouldn’t we? Bleh

Secondly, I remember that before I had that blissful experience and I was flooded with tons of insights, I was very focused and concentrated upon Goethe’s words as he said, "If you trust yourself , you will be happy.” There was no single day that I didn’t think about and 3 months later I had that experience and I got my answer.

Goethe was a mason so he knew what he was talking about. If you trust yourself you don’t need any teacher or guru. Plus we have feelings and intuition. I don’t give any advice because I don’t want to influence people with my way of thinking except one: TRUST YOURSELF AND YOU WII BE HAPPY written is capitols letters.

The Karen

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 12:51 pm