tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+10
monique
Anchor
CetaceousOne
giovonni
burgundia
mudra
TRANCOSO
malletzky
eMonkey
enemyofNWO
14 posters

POLL. How many of you are taking seriously the Earth changes and preparing ?

Poll

How prepared are you

[ 1 ]
    POLL. How many of you are taking  seriously the Earth changes and preparing ? Bar_left10%POLL. How many of you are taking  seriously the Earth changes and preparing ? Bar_right [10%] 
    [ 5 ]
    POLL. How many of you are taking  seriously the Earth changes and preparing ? Bar_left50%POLL. How many of you are taking  seriously the Earth changes and preparing ? Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 2 ]
    POLL. How many of you are taking  seriously the Earth changes and preparing ? Bar_left20%POLL. How many of you are taking  seriously the Earth changes and preparing ? Bar_right [20%] 
    [ 2 ]
    POLL. How many of you are taking  seriously the Earth changes and preparing ? Bar_left20%POLL. How many of you are taking  seriously the Earth changes and preparing ? Bar_right [20%] 

Total Votes: 10
    Poll closed
    enemyofNWO
    enemyofNWO

POLL. How many of you are taking  seriously the Earth changes and preparing ? Empty POLL. How many of you are taking seriously the Earth changes and preparing ?

Post  enemyofNWO Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:51 am

POLL. How many of us at MOA are taking seriously the Earth changes and preparing ?
    How would you define your state of preparation ?

Very prepared .
    Prepared but still working on it .
    Not prepared but have a lot of work to do.
    not doing anything .

eMonkey
    eMonkey

POLL. How many of you are taking  seriously the Earth changes and preparing ? Empty Re: POLL. How many of you are taking seriously the Earth changes and preparing ?

Post  eMonkey Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:19 am

enemyofNWO wrote:POLL. How many of us at MOA are taking seriously the Earth changes and preparing ?
    How would you define your state of preparation ?

Very prepared .
    Prepared but still working on it .
    Not prepared but have a lot of work to do.
    not doing anything .

None - I don't believe the BS however, I do have stocks of food in case tptb try something on or some other disaster.
    malletzky
    malletzky

POLL. How many of you are taking  seriously the Earth changes and preparing ? Empty Re: POLL. How many of you are taking seriously the Earth changes and preparing ?

Post  malletzky Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:28 am

Not prepared. No need to. Call me dumb, but preparing for something that "might be" is something I can't do at all...as I don't live with any hypothetical premises. If something is about to happen, should/will happen. This has been my first and only premise my whole life and I was never ever wrong so far...Storaging food and/or preparing to go underground is not a sollution for me.

with respect
    malletzky
    Anonymous

Post  Guest Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:50 am

Have some food and extra duvets, that is about all. Usual English water-butt, camping stove, that sort of useful stuff but I have resistance to the survivalist scenario Crazy Happy
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:41 am

When things start to look seriously grim I move to my soulmate's houseboat.
    Freedom
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:47 am

The best things I ever did in my life did'nt come from a plan but rather a spontaneous response coming from my Heart.
    Although I would like to be in nature and grow my own food at the moment , it is not for safety measures but rather a
    desire of deep connection with Mother Earth.
    As she is undergoing changes I feel we should not run in fear but rather be with her in Love.
    My message is on the order of
    " Have no fear , be part of the change , follow inner guidance, cultivate peace,
    create space for miracles to take place " .

Love Always
    mudra
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:43 pm

I haven't done anything yet...but I am paying attention to everything and looking around...to start doing sth if necessary.
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:48 pm

mudra wrote:The best things I ever did in my life did'nt come from a plan but rather a spontaneous response coming from my Heart.
    Although I would like to be in nature and grow my own food at the moment , it is not for safety measures but rather a
    desire of deep connection with Mother Earth.
    As she is undergoing changes I feel we should not run in fear but rather be with her in Love.
    My message is on the order of
    " Have no fear , be part of the change , follow inner guidance, cultivate peace,
    create space for miracles to take place " .

Love Always
    mudra

Double Thumbs Up

Last edited by giovonni on Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:09 pm; edited 4 times in total
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:06 pm

I take life as it comes - day by day. I don't worry about tommorow, 'cos tommorow might never happen. And if it does, I just see what it will bring.
    CetaceousOne
    CetaceousOne

Post  CetaceousOne Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:08 pm

What will be will be. In the meantime, living life to the fullest with the assumption
    that things will continue more or less as is.

I hope I am wrong!
    Anchor
    Anchor

Post  Anchor Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:48 pm

1 and 2.

It is a no loss situation (unless you don't eat extra food by cycling through any reserves - that's just wastefull).

Most of the work involves becoming completely off-grid and self sufficient. It is a huge task, but a lifelong dream of mine to do this and I think this year I may actually completely make it :)

John..
    malletzky
    malletzky

Post  malletzky Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:39 am

Anchor wrote:1 and 2.

It is a no loss situation (unless you don't eat extra food by cycling through any reserves - that's just wastefull).

Most of the work involves becoming completely off-grid and self sufficient. It is a huge task, but a lifelong dream of mine to do this and I think this year I may actually completely make it :)

John..

John, this is good news cheers I hope you'll be able to accomplish this...

Becoming off-grid has been an issue for me in the last few years only, but the feeling to act on it is becoming stronger and stronger. Starting with letting go of the "usual" boundaries...merging the duality in one...becoming more and more a kind of observer...and still with the inevitable touch to the present 3D reality.

I'm on a good way...which might explain my above mentioned POV...

much respect
    malletzky
    monique
    monique

Post  monique Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:59 am

Yesterday, Saturday, I felt myself in the "Fall of the Roman Empire. " Here in the southern hemisphere'is summer and i went to the fish market to buy fish and shrimps to get some family for lunch. At the time I went to pay for the merchandise, the lord of the cashier told me that the streets and beaches of Jurerê Canasvieiras were under water. And it was impossible to reach the center of Florianopolis by "Beira Mar" Avenue because it was flooded too. My relatives were able to pass and get to my house in the north of the island.We had good times together. We are all well. But beyond saving corks from wine bottles to fish in 2012, I will buy seeds because I see that things are getting serious. I also have to do more physical exercises to be ready for the hard work\legwork. I have to learn how to make "citronella" incense to ward off mosquitoes. I like the ease of modern life. I do not like anything that is happening. Although my life remain the same. Good sunday for all. Monique.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:11 am

Ahh, monique, I'm sorry. Many throughout the world are suffering with either ice, cold, floods, mud slides and food problems as a result. I just bought seeds to sprout as one can have healthy food in a few days. I also keep various types of canned meat on hand (tuna, chicken, salmon) for emergency and rice.

My primary focus these days is learning more about permaculture and gardening so we can continue to grow healthy food and use it for trade.

Today I'll be trading fresh eggs and eggplant for papaya tree and squash. Pretty good when the neighbor is into organic gardening too. I seem to be able to grow what he is having problems with and vise versa.

John, I'm proud of you. Now you need a cold press so you can make olive oil from those olive trees. Olive oil makes a great barter item. You can use it in salads, for cooking and as oil to light a latern.

Last edited by Carol on Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:05 am

There are two ways to look at this.

One could look at the state of the world in general and without having an interest in the New World Order, conspiracy theories 2012 and so on they could say to themselves, 'the planet is generally in a dire state'. 'The economy is unstable', 'The Threat of war lurks'. Then they could say to themselves,'What can I do about this'?'How can I ensure that myself and my loved ones will be in a good position if things become violent or unstable'? 'What measures could I put in place just to give me an edge'?

Its better to be safe than sorry. For me its not enough to say-'nothing's going to happen' because we simply dont know if that will be the case. There are forces at play here larger than humanity-we are not making the decisions about whether these things are going to happen or not so let's not be glib about this. One could say-if I store up food im energetically inviting a scenario whereby I will need this emergency food but in these times I think the storing of some supplies is not an unwise thing to do. You dont have to build a giant underground shelter but installing some supplies is always a wise thing to do, especially in the current economic climate. I always thought I would look like a bit of a silly bastard if I didnt preapare myself somewhat given all the information I have come across telling me otherwise. To be forewarned is to be forearmed.

Again, regardless of conspiracies and 2012 etc, to grow your own food, to become self sufficient or experiment with permaculture is a wise thing to do anyway. It empowers us and connects us to nature. Whilst we take from our planet we respect it-It is balancing and does not harm the environment. It also provides us with our own healthy food. It is the disconnect from nature which is humanities downfall IMO and finding a remedy for this will go a long way to setting the record straight between the planet and its human inhabitants-let alone hunamity's relationship with the animal kingdom, as well as the mineral.

For those who do see major change coming soon they might want to form self sufficient communities and indeed many more communities are starting up over the world. Perhaps you here should put your money where your mouth is and start one between you for those interested. Wasnt that one of the purposes of the failed Project Avalon?. Others may decide to go down another road, retreating to the country in a fearless and peaceful manner as Mudra says, getting to know nature again( I talk to the bluetits all day, its great fun and they are smart little things) equipped with the means to be off grid or self sufficient with their families or loved ones. To me the latter is the approach I will be taking and am starting to prepre for. Each will have their own approach, no doubt, some will be buying assault rifles, night vision googles and anti tank busteing rockets but its the fear that will kill them not the enemy.

Thats a lot of words for this time in the morning so I think Ive deserved a coffee.
    On The Mists info site I have been posting useful practical videos on permaculture self sustainable and off grid living rather than use it to concentrate on the other stuff we talk about here. I would urge you to watch the vidoes. You may be glad you did one day. There are a lot of inspirational people out there showing us they way forward.
    http://www.themistsofavalon.info/

Whatever you do. I hope it works for you
    Sincerely
    Floyd
    MargueriteBee
    MargueriteBee

Post  MargueriteBee Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:29 am

Today I took a class on native edible and medicinal plants. I'm glad I did, it's so cool!

Anchor
    Anchor

Post  Anchor Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:53 pm

Floyd

I agree.

However I am probably going to get an air-rifle (once I get the licence that we need here) but this will be for defending myself against hordes of killer bunny rabbits that want to eat my stash.

Not sure I need the night vision gear - I'm usually asleep when it would be useful :)

John..
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:49 pm

This has me very confused. Lots of more severe cold winters until 2035.

Today there are apples forming on the apple trees, tangerines, lemons, limes, avacados, some pineapples starting, egg plant, tomatoes, lettuce, spinach, etc. and it's winter here. If we were back up north I would be potting what doesn't need to be pollinated and put them in the house in the windows.

I watched this very interesting small aquaponics system video where the fish tank is below the water grow beds that could be in a small space with grow lights over them.

It's all about self-sustainability.. basically growing food that can also be used for trade. Our place is moving toward being able to live off the produce it produces. I find that exciting. Next is getting the soil in top notch condition.. then onto at least a small aquaponics system.

MargueriteBee
    MargueriteBee

Post  MargueriteBee Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:35 pm

I'm going to get into sprouting. Anyone have experience to share on sprouting?
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:05 pm

I am comtemplating becoming a breatharian .
    I have had extremely good experiences with fasting short and long ones .

Engineer uses sun to claim victory over hunger
    Times of India | 30 Dec. 2000

By A Staff Reporter:

AHMEDABAD: Can the human body turn into a photovoltaic cell and covert the rays of the sun into energy? Sixty-four-year-old retired mechanical engineer Hira Ratan Manek claims it can. For the past 364 days, he claims he has not swallowed a single morsel of solid, living only on some boiled water and the star closest from the earth.

"We humans live primarily on secondary solar energy as the plants which we consume depend heavily on the sun to grow," Manek, a Kutchi living in Coimbatore, says. "All you need to do is learn to absorb from the primary source of solar energy."

To ensure that Manek's story does not sound like a fairy tale, there are an array of doctors from the Health Care International Multitherapy Institute and the Jain Doctors Association who have been monitoring his health from two days before the fast started, which will last up to February 15 to complete 411 days.

The method of becoming a solar cooker is quite simple. According to Manek, you start by looking straight into the rising morning sun for only a few seconds. Slowly you increase the time to minutes reachin up to 30 to 35 minutes. "If you do it gradually, your eyes will not be damaged and help in charging your brain with solar energy."

Manek adds that once you go above 15 minutes, your desire for food slowly diminishes. "It is victory over hunger, not its suppression." At 30 to 35 minutes, the human brain starts developing the capacity to store solar energy. "All you need to do is take a walk barefoot for about 40 to 45 minutes in the sun everyday to recharge the energy."

Claims Manek, "Only through this process can man achieve complete freedom or Moksha. You rid yourself from physical and psychological ailments. Psychosomatic ailments out of stress become a distant dream.

But more importantly you develop a corona of energy around you. As this energy field becomes stronger, diseases don't harm you. Even your worst enemy will become harmless."

Eminent neuro-physician Sudhir Shah, who has been monitoring Manek's health with a team of doctors, says, "What we have is not 100 per cent science, but hypothesis. However, we believe that this is a chronic case of adaptation syndrome where the body reduces its demand for energy after 16 to 30 days of fasting. This is done by downing the regulation of receptors."

Shah does not rule out the possibility that the temporal lobe in the human brain, which is believed to control parapsychic activity like the sixth sense, may have been activated due to this process. All other parts of the brain including the hypothalamus, the pituitary glands and the medulla oblongata have shown no signs of changing.

For Manek, a Shwetambar Jain, the fast has both religious and scientific connotations. "All this search for a microchip to insert in the human brain to store loads of information and increase memory is ridiculous," he says. "We don't even use 10 per cent of it. But once charged, its capacity is increased manifold. In fact, enlightenment in spiritual terms is nothing but 100 per cent use of the brain!"

Is there anyone around that could share some perspective on this subject ?
    There is a thread I opened about this here :
    http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t1395-breatharians

Love from me
    mudra
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:49 pm

Hi MargueriteBee, Our sprouts and books arrived and there are a number of youtube videos on it. Nenpura started a thread and I ordered from her source in Canada. I purchased the books on Amazon.com second hand so they were a lot cheaper then ordering new.

The book I got today is Sproput Garden (Indoor Grower's Guide to Gourmet Sprouts by Mark Braunstein. Tomorrow was the start day with sprouts as they look pretty easy to get going.

The book gives the amount 2 tablespoons for Alfalfa. Soak for 3-8 hours. Rinse 2-3 times daily. Takes 3-4 days if kept in the dark or 1-3 days in the light. Length 1 1/2 - 3 inches.

The book has recipes as well and places to purchase seeds. I got this batch of sprouting seeds and the containers to use for sprouting from Mumm's Sprouting Seeds in Canada. They have very good service.

www.sprouting.com

They also have different sprouting mixes and the broccoli mix is very healthy cancer preventive. I hope this helps.

Ahhh, mudra. I have found times when doing the lemonade fast liberating and can understand wanting to be a breatharian. Just water. Water, a little fresh squeezed lemon 2T, 2T Maple syrup, 8 oz water with some cayanne pepper is very healthy and one can live on that for weeks. The lemon alkalines the body. The maple syrup provides nutrition. The cayanne pepper is a cleanser and heals. The extra water washes away toxins. My husband was on this for 3 weeks and after the first several days didn't miss food at all. The cayanne pepper also is an appetite suppressant. One can actually increase the size of the Pineal gland and live without food which is remarkable. Good luck with that. That path pushes up the frequency and makes one much more sensitive. Please let us know how this works out for you.

AscendingStarseed
    AscendingStarseed

Post  AscendingStarseed Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:34 am

Great thread! It's interesting to read where everyone else is at on this issue...

I only awakened to the fact that we may not have much time left with the current reality a couple years ago, the most important thing I've done in an effort to prepare was moving from Los Angeles to the big island of Hawaii in March of last year. Mainly in an effort to reconnect with the Earth, as well as build a life in a community better prepared to handle the changes humanity is facing. My financial situation doesn't provide for stocking up on food, herbal supplements and other survival needs so I don't worry about it and try to buy an extra can of food every time I shop.
    I'm putting in a garden soon to be as self sustained as possible, including building a sense of community with people here who recognize the importance of supporting each other through whatever the future brings.

But for the most part, I have faith that I'll ride out the changes creating what's necessary as need arises. Which begins by working in the here and now to visualize a perfect outcome when shtf and not letting fear guide the decisions I make at any point in this journey - humanity needs as many of us as possible to think positive about the outcome!

On a more spiritual level, I prepare by assisting others in the awakening process by providing a source to find information and/or advise on both spiritual and material preparation.

Thanks for the recipe for the lemonade fast Carol, looks like an excellent formula!

Last edited by AscendingStarseed on Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:57 am

Anchor wrote:Floyd

I agree.

However I am probably going to get an air-rifle (once I get the licence that we need here) but this will be for defending myself against hordes of killer bunny rabbits that want to eat my stash.

Not sure I need the night vision gear - I'm usually asleep when it would be useful :)

John..

Killer Bunny Rabbits..theres a movie in there somewhere!
    Glad to hear your preps are going well and hope all turns out well for you John. Yep.. Its the way forward. Try and habour some forgivness for those death dealing bunnies though.

TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:45 am

Floyd wrote:Killer Bunny Rabbits..theres a movie in there somewhere!
    Glad to hear your preps are going well and hope all turns out well for you John. Yep.. Its the way forward. Try and habour some forgivness for those death dealing bunnies though.
    Killer Bunny Rabbits
    Lmfao
    Great name for a band also! KBR

scratch
    KBR... As in
    K for Kerry
    B for Bill
    R for Ryan
    Oooyeah 1

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:20 pm