The alternative crowd - of which I am a willing participant - doesn't seem to have the roots, depth, organization, and discipline of the traditional church. Unfortunately, a lot of the theology of the traditional church is utter bs (Protestant, Catholic, All Churches). I really think the church MUST be reformed for the human race to really move forward. I see a bright future for a properly reformed church. Take a look at the book 'Evangelicals on the Canterbury Trail' for some insights regarding the attraction to the liturgical manner of doing church. I'm beginning to read the '1928 Book of Common Prayer' from cover to cover. It's better than the current one. Anyway - listen to some of the services on the Grace Cathedral website - and see what you think. http://www.gracecathedral.org/church/overview/ Then, perhaps we can talk about it. Grace to you!
BTW - Angela is doing quite well at St. Mary's (and elsewhere) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0mmeBWZD-o&feature=related - pursuing her craft with enthusiasm (especially the Vierne), isn't she? But the Ruffatti is rank! What would Monseigneur Bowe say? Do you see what I'm saying? If not - Angela has been known to give sight to the blind...
I'm including the following - mostly because of the beautiful music. There aren't a lot of Grace Cathedral clips on YouTube or Google. How were so many magnificent churches, organs, and pieces of music created - so long ago? They are inspiring - but there is a creepy side to them as well. What presence lurks within them? Do they really fit with the Life and Teachings of Jesus - or are they derived from another source - possibly the same source which produced the pyramids and other ancient architectural and artistic wonders throughout the world? I find it helpful to listen to this sort of music while reading about that which we discuss on this site. Finally - I keep thinking that the Queen of Heaven had something to do with all of this. Lucifer was supposedly the Minister of Music in Heaven prior to the Luciferian Rebellion. I have speculated that Lucifer and the Queen of Heaven might be the same being - or at least similar in nature. This is just more pseudo-intellectual venturing by an egotistical ignoramus.
Saint Ouen http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basilica_of_St._Ouen,_Rouen
1. Images http://www.google.com/images?rlz=1T4GGIR_enUS216US217&q=st+ouen+church+images&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=jAb2TOXQGoT0tgPg_anlCw&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCYQsAQwAA
2. Boellmann https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueU4CDjn3v0
3. Widor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmjpkvXbyII&feature=related
4. Saint Saens https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pny-Ily4SbE&feature=related
5. Vierne https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCsnSXRpXug&feature=related
6. Widor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWsDk77nBwg&feature=related
7. Mulet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq8i69-L-Fs&feature=related
8. Vierne https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE2aC8Vefjw&feature=related
9. Widor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsyR40G2BeU&feature=related
10. Widor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BxHcPcTyTU&feature=related
Saint Sulpice http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89glise_Saint-Sulpice,_Paris
1. Images http://www.google.com/images?rlz=1T4GGIR_enUS216US217&q=st+sulpice+images&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=xgn2TPfxBYGCsQOU_LDwAQ&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCgQsAQwAA
2. Vierne https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmZE2bEzeVw&feature=related
3. Dupre https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qBxZQfrTTQ&feature=related
4. Dupre https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOnr5uhoPlE&feature=related
5. Dupre https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRcMtB27z7E&feature=related
6. Dupre https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxBjqrPAUg8&feature=related
7. Dupre https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mHOfP4MEfc&feature=related
8. Dupre https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X6cZfy9uR0
9. Dupre https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjqbee8cRyw&feature=related
10. Dupre https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tmnWhaQC4c&feature=related
The time of the cathedrals may have arrived. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L24vaxNH91w&feature=related
Latin Mass Society of England and Wales http://www.latin-mass-society.org/
Latin Mass Magazine http://www.latinmassmagazine.com/
Latin Mass Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tridentine_Mass
My speaking positively regarding Latin Masses, Classical Sacred Music, and the Teachings of Jesus - does not mean that I'm ready to jump into bed with Mother Church. I'm more Protestant than Protestantism. I seek nothing less than the complete purification, reformation, and liberation of the Roman Catholic Church. I truly see a bright future for the church - but the coming years may be extremely painful for everyone - including me. I used to think that the Second Coming of Christ would solve everything - and that we good people would go to Heaven - while the bad people burned. I don't think this way anymore. I think we will have to stay here in this solar system - reincarnating endlessly - and somehow make things work out reasonably well for everyone. We will have to make our bed - and sleep in it - whether we like it, or not.
Last edited by orthodoxymoron on Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:18 pm; edited 7 times in total