tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+3
orthodoxymoron
burgundia
Brook
7 posters

Earthlings........wake up

Brook
    Brook

Earthlings........wake up  Empty Earthlings........wake up

Post  Brook Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:57 am

burgundia started a "Petitions" thread
    It's nice to think we can make a difference Wink

burgundia
    burgundia

Earthlings........wake up  Empty Re: Earthlings........wake up

Post  burgundia Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:19 am

Thank you Brook for this video. such videos can probably do better than just petitions.
    Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:42 am

burgundia wrote:Thank you Brook for this video. such videos can probably do better than just petitions.

I certainly hope so cat
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:50 am

Thank-you for the video Brook. Do animals have souls? If so - what is the nature of these souls? Is it possible that there is only one type of soul? I have recently been speculating about the souls of so-called 'aliens' - regarding the possibility that they might be human/reptile hybrids - and that they might have the same type of souls as we do - and that we all might be hybrids. I don't know Jack about this subject. I don't even know Jill. But I still wonder. BTW - I'm a lifelong vegetarian - but I haven't done much to stop the suffering. I'm presently conceptually reorganizing the whole mess - in part, to eliminate much of the suffering and cruelty. The cruelty on this pale blue dot of a world is sickening beyond words...
    sabina
    sabina

Post  sabina Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:17 pm

imo the first step to respect animals is to be a vegetarian how can I eat a fellow earthling.
    all animals have feelings like us do they have a soul? Yes imo
    Since 13 years I have a cat. she has the behavior like a child of 4 or 5 years. Of course she don`t speaks
    verbally but I can understand all what she is telling me.
    Last year I have had the luck to look after 10 snakes I was helping our herpetologe during an exhibition in the Natural History Museum, where Iam working Ichanged the water etc.
    After some time the snakes recognized me when I was coming in the morning they looked at me .I got a nice feeling from them which I have for all the animals.
    But the question was do animals aliens have a soul? I think all enteties have one the earth (planets)the suns even galaxies.
    All the best Sabina

thank you Brook for the video

Last edited by sabina on Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:25 pm

Thank You Brook for posting this.
    I always find these videos dealing with animal suffering unbearable to watch.
    To me the lowest you can get is taking advantage of your " power "
    over a living creature that has no way to defend itself.
    If pictures like that were added on the packages of meat that is
    sold I think many would turn vegetarians without second thought.

Love from me
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:31 pm

orthodoxymoron wrote:Thank-you for the video Brook. Do animals have souls? If so - what is the nature of these souls?

Consciousness , Spirit , is the source of the tangible world experience Orthodoxy .
    But it seems that most humans have forgotten of the divine essence that is at the core of all life.
    If you doubt animals have souls have a look at the following video and see for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y9BmOBhTy8

Translation:

One day on Earth…

Empathy is a notion designating a mechanism through which an individual can understand
    The feelings and emotions of another individual.
    The ability to identify yourself to another and to feel what he feels
    His feelings and in particular his suffering and distress
    An emotion much bigger than beliefs and differences
    That unables us to enter in the perceptions of another, to feel his fear, his anger , his tenderness
    To temporarily live his life and to move into it with care and without judgement
    To look for common points before the differences
    And there are always more common points than differences
    The essence , the heart and the soul
    The human warmth is when you offer yourself without expecting anything in return
    Simply share so as not to spoil a life
    And to help those that don’t have that ability
    And despite all difficulties keep that force , that will
    give a heart blow to those who need it
    Just a litle attention
    And give the right to everyone to exist
    A feeling much higher than instinct and the food chain
    A feeling that unables us to take care of another
    And to share the litle we possess
    And to help each other to keep warm
    Or to protect one another
    Be able to share happiness, tenderness, protection and complicity
    We all need human warmth
    We all need affection and to feel at home amongst our brothers
    Despite appearances without ever relying on the outside look only
    Without ever minding language
    Because it is something invisible to the eye but that is not without fragrance

Final definition

Science has proved that the difference between man and animal was exactly empathy
    BUT.. BUT… BUT
    Homicide …
    Guilt…
    Iniquity …
    I am well aware that with this video I invite some to question themselves
    But to question oneself is to put oneself in command of one’ s life and to realize we
    Have lost the foundation of humanity
    Actually speaking of empathy .. between men or between animals ...?

Love Always
    mudra

lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:33 pm

Sometimes I think that Humans don't wonder about animals and whether they have a soul, because the animals don't speak like humans speak. I am waiting for the day that the barriers come down, and we can hear their stories...I want to know what they really think. I do believe that animals are smarter than people...just think, they don't have taxes, or elections, or insurance...
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:40 pm

Animals have souls. My mother's dead pets always haunted her house leaving behind cat hair, dog hair, dandruff... I felt the cat jump up on the bed and heard it meow after it died. I watched my own dog soul's leave her body through her eyes the day she died. There is not question in my mind animals have souls... and I cannot watch where suffering is inflicted on an animal or a human.. it is just too painful.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:41 am

Thank-you for all of your answers (and the video). I agree with all of you. One problem in all of this - is nature. There is violence and suffering in nature - without humans doing anything. There are diabolical creatures in nature - not just kittens and puppies. Nature can be a real mother. Is this simply a result of evolution? Is this the result of diabolical genetics laboratories? Why isn't nature just kind and beautiful? Why is there the harsh side? I believe in intelligent design. I believe in evolution. I'm not sure how evolution and intelligent design interact with each other. I don't really know who the intelligent designers were or are. Perhaps I should read 'The Mind of the Maker' by Dorothy Sayers. Perhaps the gods and goddesses of this solar system should tell us the truth about everything - even though we might hate them for telling us the truth. Could nearly all suffering be eliminated from this solar system? Or - is pain simply the cost of doing business in the universe?
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:15 am

The part about nature that we don't like, of course, is the killing. The animals kill for food and territory. I think people kill for the same reasons. I think human violence can be traced back to either hunger or territory.
    Males compete for females, considering them to be the crux of their territory.

So, when all of the animal and human physical systems (bodies) become able to be fueled by fruits and grains and vegetables only, then the hunger part is solved. Now, when it comes to territory, that's another subject and dilemma. If all animals were well fed, would the territory concept become moot? Or, is there conflict based on ownership of females, still?

Social anthropology discusses these issues in depth. My personal thoughts tend to say that both carnivores, and those who must own female territory, will become extinct, soon. When females control the possession of their children and choose their mates unhindered by violence, then the vegetable farming and cooperation will begin.

1960's brought a cultural change that we will see mature this decade. Birth control, the female's choice version of mating and reproduction, and the cessation of violence against women will end the territory problem. When the violence stops, the farming can continue. Problem solved, Orthodoxy, just be patient.
    Anonymous

Post  Guest Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:59 am

I didn't know where to post this but it is about waking up

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:03 pm