tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

3 posters

Comprehensive Introduction to Yoga

Sanicle
    Sanicle

Comprehensive Introduction to Yoga - Page 2 Empty Re: Comprehensive Introduction to Yoga

Post  Sanicle Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:25 pm

Thank you for your graciousness Vidya.

What you've said above makes more sense to me. Another question? When you say, "In any moment the accumulation of what you are in the accumulated circumstance of the now decides the action" does that include the various aspects of us incarnate (or not?) in the now? Must be quite the buildup of energy directing those free will actions.
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Comprehensive Introduction to Yoga - Page 2 Empty Re: Comprehensive Introduction to Yoga

Post  Vidya Moksha Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:49 pm

Sanicle wrote:  Another question?  When you say, "In any moment the accumulation of what you are in the accumulated circumstance of the now decides the action" does that include the various aspects of us incarnate (or not?) in the now? Must be quite the buildup of energy directing those free will actions.  

First of all I realise my comment should have said .."now dictates the action".. there is no choice sunny

I am not sure I understand your question. Yes, in any given moment we are subject to our environment.. our spiritual connections .. and to take it to its extreme, all the various energy bodies yogis and other describe. Monkey cannot begin to comprehend them, they are experiential.. advaita is ineffable..

its sounds pedantic to keep saying there is no choice.. but its a useful tool to get into the now, into advaita, at which point there is no monkey analysis or imaginary futures.. choice as a concept doesnt really exist.. i know its easy for semantics to get in the way, its easy to overthink it in our normal monkey driven state of duality.

In advaita there is no concept of 'my', there is no 'my home, my family, my things, my anything. Advaita is deliciously alien. Monkey is switched off, there is only the ever present, perfect now. Maybe you will follow the butterfly who just sauntered past. There is no notion of being anywhere other than where you are. There is no home or place or another attachment that you would look for, or look to return to. Everything you need you already have,

As for energy. I was more aware of energy. At one point I could feel the energy of the wind, on my skin and through a cotton shirt, but not through the 'plastic' trousers I was wearing. That was curious, so i took my trousers off. why not? there was no notion of thinking what anyone else would think. I didnt think to carry my trousers for an imaginary future, as there is no notion of the future (its not that you are stupid. of course you know what the future is, you just don't 'think' about it, imagining the future requires monkey  and monkey is off). there is only the ever changing experience of now.. this instant, no judgement, no qualifications... and that's also why you cant make a choice, there is no notion of an imaginary future. Only now...

ok so lets create a scenario in advaita where you need to do something, maybe you meet a person or a complex situation that requires thinking.. monkey is tasked with the mission. What if you wish to give directions to someone.. either geographically or through some form of 'teaching' i found that my thought processes were faster than 'normal', and that i had no problem, if needed, constructing complex but coherent models in my head..and after the 'task; was complete, monkey would switch off again.  

After the 'encounter' I would walk away end up where I ended up. No plans, just with the free will to interact with the present moment.. looking for nothing outside of myself. There was no where else to be but where i was. nowhere to go. there is only now.

I repeat, its not that you are stupid. You still eat, sleep, shelter from environment.... you are more than capable of achieving these task, but it tends to be eat when hungry, sleep when tired...

The above is a glimpse of advaita, deliciously alien.. what 'drives' you in this state ... i guess its 'ahem' in yogic terms. the 'i-am' ego.  What's missing is asmita , the 'i-want' ego. you are still you, but now without the distortion of mental clutter, of monkey's mirrors and tricks, seeing clearly and freely. This is 'you'. the core, 'ahem'. That's what is 'driving' the body. As to why it does what it does.. its massively complicated, easier just to say i don't know, which is what I do know boils down to.

In advaita there is no why? there just is. Its a wonderful planet, you are now a part of it, rather than separate from it  - the monkey blind is not only keeping folk out of the 'now' it's a prophylactic over the earth's energy. To feel as part of nature, rather than separate from it, is a wonderful feeling, on top of the bliss from no asmita and no fear... i cant conceive of not interacting in awe and gratitude with my surroundings, when in the state of advaita.. im not in it now, just recalling the experience.....  

so to say we have no choice, but free will is quite sharp, certainly challenging to monkey and in the direction of a zen koan. as it's true! when you see it, you get that 'satori' feeling  Big Grin 3  
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:58 am

Hmmm, thanks for that explanation Vidya. I can see more where you're coming from now. I love you

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:17 pm