tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+12
scottaleger
Jenetta
Sanicle
HigherLove
Mercuriel
tacodog
AscendingStarseed
lindabaker
JesterTerrestrial
Carol
burgundia
mudra
16 posters

Sea creatures dying across the world

mudra
    mudra

Sea creatures dying across the world  - Page 2 Empty Re: Sea creatures dying across the world

Post  mudra Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:30 pm

Massive fish kill reported in Vero Beach state park

By Virginia Chamlee | 02.10.11

http://americanindependent.com/168948/massive-fish-kill-reported-in-vero-beach-state-park

Another massive fish kill has struck Florida waters — this time affecting menhaden in a Vero Beach state park. The Sebastian Inlet State Park became inundated with swathes of dead fish last week. According to one report, some residents have estimated that there are “millions” of dead fish, and the area is now inundated with a strong odor from the decay. #

Love Always
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mudra
    mudra

Sea creatures dying across the world  - Page 2 Empty Re: Sea creatures dying across the world

Post  mudra Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:34 pm

STRANGE LIGHT KILLS THOUSANDS OF FISH IN COLOMBIA ( JANUARY 25 2011 )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klTfTvPCS_I

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:53 pm

Thousands of dead fish blanket water
    February 17, 2011

http://www.windsorstar.com/technology/What+that+smell+little+River/4299732/story.html

There's an increasingly smelly fish and duck soup at the mouth of Little River as thousands of dead shad and several dozen dead ducks blanket the water's surface, causing some alarm among residents.

Read more: http://www.windsorstar.com/technology/What+that+smell+little+River/4299732/story.html#ixzz1EFAj6qgk

Love Always
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:08 pm

5 million aquatic animals die at Mara river in Kenya
    BY ADMIN – FEBRUARY 20, 2011

http://www.themistsofavalon.net/post?t=987&mode=reply

The National Environmental Management Authority (Nema), Public Health Ministry and Kenya Wildlife Service are investigating the deaths of fish in Mara River. Conservationists suspect the deaths that started last week might have been caused by agro chemicals from farms, that drain into the river. Hoteliers in Masai Mara Game Reserve are now expressing fear that the chemicals might kill animals that depend on the river.

Love Always
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    JesterTerrestrial
    JesterTerrestrial

Post  JesterTerrestrial Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:24 pm

WHALES DYING IN NEW ZEALAND FEBRUARY 21 2011

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:36 pm

Thank you Jester .
    Yes I too believe the Oil Spill is creating great damage.
    It seems that since that Oil rig exploded we are witness
    to a much greater rate of animal death in our environment.
    Reports have showed that the true gushing spot never was sealed.
    The vast amounts of Corexit used to hide the catastrophy
    only made things worse . Not only does this have an impact
    on our environment but also on the Gulf stream creating
    climate perturbances as well .
    There might be other things at play at the moment but the Oil
    spill disaster should remain in our minds as a major catastrophy
    that is far from being over and that has a large range impact.
    I think I said somewhere else that I can clearly see there is
    a before and after the Oil spill .

Love from me
    mudra
    burgundia
    burgundia

Sea creatures dying across the world  - Page 2 Empty Baby dolphins dying on oil-soaked US coast

Post  burgundia Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:01 pm

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/baby-dolphins-dying-on-oil-soaked-us-coast/story-e6frfku0-1226010679234

BABY dolphins are washing up dead along the oil-soaked US Gulf Coast at more than 10 times the normal rate in the first birthing season since the BP oil spill disaster, researchers say.

Some 17 baby dolphin corpses have been found along the shorelines of Alabama and Mississippi in the past two weeks, The Institute for Marine Mammal Studies said.

"The average is one or two a month. This year we have 17, and February isn't even over yet," said Moby Solangi, director of the Gulfport, Mississippi-based institute.

"For some reason, they've started aborting or they were dead before they were born."

Mr Solangi is awaiting results from a autopsy performed on two of the dolphins yesterday to determine a cause of death.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/baby-dolphins-dying-on-oil-soaked-us-coast/story-e6frfku0-1226010679234#ixzz1EmpfLEeg

lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:20 pm

The dispersants are not bio-degradable. Duh! The chemicals remain and will continue to poison the sea. And yes, the well is not capped, you are right, Mudra. I have an invitation to stay on the Gulf in a beach house in Alabama. I'm tempted to go get some stories, however, I think I will leave it up to those who have better reporting skills. In the meantime, Americans are eating shrimp and fish from the Gulf, and they have no idea why they are getting sick. My daughter went out with her Dad and ate shrimp. She was deathly ill for three days. And I'm considered to be a kook because of the info I am trying to give out. Sheesh.
    AscendingStarseed
    AscendingStarseed

Sea creatures dying across the world  - Page 2 Empty All members of pod of 107 pilot whales die in stranding on New Zealand's Stewart Island

Post  AscendingStarseed Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:15 pm

Here are the details, it was an entire pod of 17 pilot whales that we lost. Now we're losing baby dolphins, many were aborted before coming full term. I can't imagine the depth of the sadness, mourning and confusion in the cetacean community right now since they are highly intelligent, telepathic and sensitive creatures.

All members of pod of 107 pilot whales die in stranding on New Zealand's Stewart Island

The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION

By: The Associated Press

20/02/2011 10:58 PM |

WELLINGTON, New Zealand - All members of a pod of 107 pilot whales that stranded on a remote New Zealand beach have died, including 48 that were euthanized, the government's conservation department said Monday.

The stranded whales were discovered by hikers Sunday near Cavalier Creek on Stewart Island, off the southern tip of New Zealand's South Island.

Conservation department staff flew to the area and found that about half of the group were already dead and the others were dying, the agency said in a statement. The whales were well up the beach and the tide was receding, leaving little chance of keeping them alive until more rescuers could arrive.

"Euthanasia is a difficult decision, but is made purely for the welfare of the animal involved to prevent it from prolonged suffering," said Brent Beaven, the official who led the team at the site.

Pilot whales are about 13 feet to 20 feet (4 metres to 6 metres) long and are the most common species of whale in New Zealand waters.

Whale strandings are common in New Zealand. Last month, 24 pilot whales died after stranding on the North Island. In December 2009, more than 120 whales died in two separate beachings near Golden Bay and on the east coast of North Island.

http://www.brandonsun.com/world/breaking-news/107-whales-die-in-stranding-on-new-zealands-stewart-island-116579593.html?viewAllComments=y
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:51 pm

Spate of Derwent fish deaths

February 25, 2011

http://www.themercury.com.au/article/2011/02/25/209871_tasmania-news.html

EXPERTS have no answers on what has caused the death of thousands of squid in the River Derwent this week.

Dead and dying arrowhead squid have been washed ashore or spotted floating on the water at Austins Ferry and Berriedale since Tuesday.

Love Always
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:49 pm

mudra wrote:Thank you Jester .

Love from me
    mudra

Mudra, your instincts align with mine. Before the oil spill, after the oil spill. That was a timeline where we went off the best course. Now, the earth is splitting apart where they drilled. We know. We will rise to the task.
    AscendingStarseed
    AscendingStarseed

Post  AscendingStarseed Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:13 pm

lindabaker wrote:
    mudra wrote:Thank you Jester .

Love from me
    mudra

Mudra, your instincts align with mine. Before the oil spill, after the oil spill. That was a timeline where we went off the best course. Now, the earth is splitting apart where they drilled. We know. We will rise to the task.

We are all on the same page, after this oil catastrophe (spill diminishes the impact) the kills began to ramp up and can remember thinking back in Aug/Sept that the marine life dying are at one point in the web of life and that we are all connected somewhere on the web. Once we begin to see a die-off at any point in the web, it has a ripple effect that eventually comes back around humans as well as everything else connected to the web.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that when you dump 2 million gallons of the most highly toxic substance onto the planet it's bound to creep into and make it's way around that web as well...
    tacodog
    tacodog

Post  tacodog Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:20 am

Crying or Very sad just speachless
    AscendingStarseed
    AscendingStarseed

Sea creatures dying across the world  - Page 2 Empty Fish kill reported in the deep South Atlantic near Ascension Island

Post  AscendingStarseed Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:48 pm

Posted on February 27, 2011 by The Extinction Protocol
    February 27, 2011 – Ascension Island – Over the last few weeks we have been recording high numbers of dead fish washing up onto the beaches around the Island. The same thing happened, at the same time of year, in 2008. A report was published recently, called ‘Reef fish mass mortality event in an isolated island off Brazil, with notes on recent similar events at Ascension, St Helena and Maldives’ by Hudson Pinheiro, Joao Gasparini and Jean-Christophe Joyeux. The report states that ‘it is possible that blooms of toxic algae, under certain conditions, caused cascading intoxication along the trophic web. Toxic algae occur in other Atlantic oceanic islands and there are reports of algal blooms occurring in remote areas that suffer low human impact. A second hypothesis is that seasonal upwelling events of anoxic or hypoxic waters may be involved (the low oxygen content would be due to the resuspension of sediment and organic matter deposited at geological scales) often heavily loaded with hydrogen sulphide. Oxygen-poor waters of the Benguela upwelling have been reported to affect the southeastern Atlantic continental shelf and these waters, in years of strong Benguela upwelling, can even reach the Mid-Atlantic Ridge island of St Helena.’ The full report is available to download from our website. We are currently consulting with contacts in the UK and Falklands. I have sent them as much information as I have, including species affected, numbers, symptoms and photographs. They will be able to offer advice on the best course of action. I have also been in touch with one of the authors of 2010 report, this was his response. -The Islander
    Ascension Island and Tristan da Cunha both lie along the Mid-Atlantic Ridge and volcanism is one of the culprits contributing to conditions which create hypoxic zones.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:08 am

Thousands of dead fish have been washing up on WA beaches

March 09, 2011

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/thousands-of-dead-fish-have-been-washing-up-on-wa-beaches/story-e6frg14u-1226018687597

EXPERTS say that record temperatures and low oxygen levels are to blame for dead fish being washed up on riverbanks and beaches across WA.

Dead fish, eels and crayfish have been found on shores - with the coastline of Green Head, some 290km north of Perth, covered in now-rotting carcasses.

Love Always
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:10 am

Millions of dead fish discovered in marina

By Connie Agius

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/03/10/3160604.htm

A massive clean-up is underway in southern California where millions of dead fish washed up at Redondo Beach.
    Love Always
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    AscendingStarseed
    AscendingStarseed

Post  AscendingStarseed Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:51 am

I can't believe they came up with such a wackodoodle excuse for how those fish died, I worked in Marina Del Rey, have visited friends who live on boats there many times and that's just a crock! How ridiculous, too stupid to turn around and navigate their way out...Those waters are perfectly capable of supporting a large school of one million or more fish and surely have for millions of years.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:26 am

30 whales stranded on Tasmanian South Bruny Island beach
    March 17, 2011 2:35PM
    http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/special-features/whales-stranded-on-tasmanian-south-bruny-island-beach/story-e6frg19l-1226023409360

A POD of about 30 pilot whales has stranded on Tasmania's South Bruny Island.

The whales are believed to be pilot whales and became stranded late this afternoon.

Love Always
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    AscendingStarseed
    AscendingStarseed

Post  AscendingStarseed Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:32 pm

Thanks for this post Mudra...the whales dying are a bad sign of an impending earthquake, right before the earthquake in New Zealand last month whales beached themselves off the coast of New Zealand...
    Much love,
    annette
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:22 am

AscendingStarseed wrote:Thanks for this post Mudra...the whales dying are a bad sign of an impending earthquake, right before the earthquake in New Zealand last month whales beached themselves off the coast of New Zealand...
    Much love,
    annette

They obviously don't want to give us the right answers AscendingStarseed .Since these animals deaths have been reported we are getting no follow up at all from the investigations done .

Love from me
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:24 am

9 dead dolphins found since Saturday in Alabama and Mississippi
    March 18 2011

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/226114-9-dead-dolphins-found-since-Saturday-in-Alabama-and-Mississippi

Despite what she called an "unusual mortality event" killing dolphins in the Gulf of Mexico, the top federal scientist investigating the deaths, revealed Wednesday that the government has yet to send any tissue samples for laboratory testing to determine a cause. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Blair Mase blamed the delay on complications related to oil spill litigation.

Love Always
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:45 pm

dead whale

21 Mar 2011

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/226173-Whale-more-dolphins-found-dead-on-South-Carolina-beaches

Morris Island - A large pygmy sperm whale carcass washed up by the Morris Island lighthouse and was found over the weekend. It was too decomposed to say what killed it, researchers concluded.

Love Always
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:28 pm

Falklands reports grounding of a pod of 400 pilot whales

March 19th 2011
    http://en.mercopress.com/2011/03/19/falklands-reports-grounding-of-a-pod-of-400-pilot-whales

Hundreds of dead pilot whales along the shores of Speedwell Island and thousands of petrels enjoying the unexpected feast (Photo Chris May) Hundreds of dead pilot whales along the shores of Speedwell Island and thousands of petrels enjoying the unexpected feast

Love Always
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:14 pm

Hundreds of dead starfish wash up on Talybont beach, UK
    – March 27, 2011

Several hundred dead starfish have been found washed up on a north Wales beach and it comes following the discovery at Talybont, between Harlech and Barmouth in Gwynedd. Authorities reveal that its common for starfish to be washed ashore during spring tides but it was not clear why they had migrated so far up the shoreline.

http://thewatchers.adorraeli.com/2011/03/27/hundreds-of-dead-starfish-wash-up-on-talybont-beach-uk/

Love Always
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:21 pm

They can't find much at the bottom anymore as that is where the Corexit has migrated the Oil from Macondo to. The Depths that is - And now Its affecting the whole World's Seas as a Toxic Sludge moving along the Sea Floor and covering It - Killing most everything at Depth that Lives down there...

Sad and Infuriating at the same time. This is what We have chosen by NOT Choosing or letting others do the Choosing for Us (Rigged Elections)...

Solutions - Yeah I'm still working on that but Its more now that I intend to be a part of a World that fixes It's Mistakes - Not part of One that thinks It hasn't made any or that Its another's Job to clean up what We have wrought...

I must Govern Myself also and so in that and above - This I intend...

Wink

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 4:57 pm