tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

5 posters

Size of a forum member's signature including attachments

Poll

Do you think there ought to be a size limit for the signature?

[ 2 ]
    Size of a forum member's signature including attachments - Page 2 Bar_left50%Size of a forum member's signature including attachments - Page 2 Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Size of a forum member's signature including attachments - Page 2 Bar_left50%Size of a forum member's signature including attachments - Page 2 Bar_right [50%] 

Total Votes: 4
    Pris
    Pris

Size of a forum member's signature including attachments - Page 2 Empty Re: Size of a forum member's signature including attachments

Post  Pris Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:13 pm

Last edited by Pris on Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mudra
    mudra

Size of a forum member's signature including attachments - Page 2 Empty Re: Size of a forum member's signature including attachments

Post  mudra Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:48 am

Pris why taking the big tour with gloves on when you could submit the matter to Oxy directly. Oxy at times complains of people showing no interest for his threads but you are going there and interact with him. I would think he appreciates this and would be ready to make you a favor by breaking his long posts down into several shorter ones and... god knows what Wink

Love from me
    mudra

Love from me
    mudra
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:26 pm

Last edited by Pris on Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:09 am

Pris wrote:
    mudra wrote:Pris why taking the big tour with gloves on when you could submit the matter to Oxy directly. Oxy at times complains of people showing no interest for his threads but you are going there and interact with him. I would think he appreciates this and would be ready to make you a favor by breaking his long posts down into several shorter ones and... god knows what Wink

Love from me
    mudra

Right... just go talk to him.  Actually, I've tried that.  Several times.  Didn't get me anywhere.  

I've gone after him when he tries to bog down my threads with his UBER long/heavy posts.  Sometimes, I sense he 'holds back' just for me (keeps his posts more or less brief) which is super appreciated.  But, generally, he can't seem to hold himself back and goes 'all out'.  I've complained numerous times directly to him about it.

I've complained to him about his TARDIS, too.  He mostly ignores me.  Once he did get my hopes up by saying he just might change it (make it smaller) because he probably wasn't going to be around much longer anyway... but that was over a year ago and he's still around and nothing's changed.

I've even brought this matter up with Carol on occasion, but it gets swept under the rug.

Apparently, lots of people have complained about the general spammy posts Oxy likes to lodge into their threads.  He repeatedly uses the same information/message/content -- especially certain images, when he does his rounds.  For example, I've seen the exact same pro-'Illuminati/reptile' images so many times in so many threads now (even where the topic is mostly unrelated) it's like a bad commercial stuck on replay.

I know the value/effect of repeating a message a few times.  I do it myself when topics overlap.  But, I mostly do it in my own threads and I endeavour to come up with new content as best as I can.  It actually becomes abusive to others when we constantly repeat the same message over and over.

And, yes, I've had some really good chats with Oxy despite all the annoyances.  These chats happen outside his one main thread.  One of the reasons I avoid his thread is because the pages crash my browser.  

Anyway, that about sums up the situation.  rendeer

Got it Pris .

Here is what I posted on Oxy's thread today .
    Quote below in case you can't reach it Wink

I took the leap of faith.
    That was the least I could do .
    Good Luck Pris

Love from me
    mudra
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:55 pm

Last edited by Pris on Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:30 pm

Size of a forum member's signature including attachments - Page 2 Aprilfoolscoverjpg-52d702
    Size of a forum member's signature including attachments - Page 2 Finalrebornthumb-1424987276037
    Size of a forum member's signature including attachments - Page 2 1602.drunk-twilight.png_2D00_610x0
    Pris wrote:
    orthodoxymoron wrote:I have a vivid childhood memory of a goat standing on a stump while drinking urine from his own %$#@!!! It was at a family get-together in British Columbia, and my aunt said "Whatever Turns You On!!" That Really Got My Goat!!

Lol amusing you are, Oxy. jocolor That goat of yours instinctively knew what was good for it.  I'll drink to that (but NOT with goat urine, thanks lol). Toast Okay, back to business here... Very Happy  This is about drinking one's own urine -- no one else's (and that includes goats!).  Your own urine is your body's own best medicine.  The only time it is suggested to drink someone else's urine is when that individual is so sick that they can't produce their own urine.  Then, other people's urine (preferably of the same sex because of hormones etc.) can be given until the sick person's own kidneys start to produce urine again.  Also, depending on the illness(s) and/or wound(s), other people's urine (including aged urine) can be applied topically to sick individuals to help out/encourage healing in the more rigorous aspects of urine therapy -- combination of taking urine internally (drinking) and externally (through the skin).
    Pris wrote:.

As a  member of this forum, I have found that large signatures become very tedious
    when you have to scroll over them repeatedly...

over and over

and over again...

It's kind of like being subjected to water torture.

Size of a forum member's signature including attachments - Page 2 ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lolpix.com%2F_pics%2FFunny_Pictures_68%2FFunny_Pictures_6817

Please, share your thoughts. Very Happy
    Pris wrote:
    mudra wrote: If you think this is torture you haven't lived anything yet  Wink I like signatures in general .I noticed they tend to change. At times short and simple, at times  longer and colorful. They offer  variety and a way to see people's considerations change and evolve. A few personnal considerations regarding posts though:

I noticed I have I have less attraction for posts where there are few images and little or no text. Lengthy worded posts on the other hand tend to throw me off after a while unless clear and understandable and my interest is high for the subject being covered. Humor is fine. But by now I have seen so many cats in our gardens that I think I 'll go and look for the ladybirds and lilies for a while.

Love from me
    mudra

I'm glad you're sharing your thoughts here, mudra!  I wish more people would. I love you Hey, we all are kind of 'quirky' in our own ways.  Hurray, how wonderful.  This is about being as inclusive as possible. I'm amazed I've not been booted out of this forum yet.  Carol... wow, she's got some patience. I've been booted out of one forum and let myself out the door in a few others because they weren't quite so.... inclusive as this forum. Being able to state what one thinks and feels without being lynched by the mob is something I truly appreciate. Okay, this signature thing may seem like a somewhat silly problem to bring up, but I'm all for bringing up everything and anything.  So, here it is. Very Happy

Here's a few more of my own thoughts on the subject.  The Floyd

Personally, I like having my little 'catch phrase' (related to 'Pris', Blade Runner... all that).  I've had the exact same avatar picture and the exact same signature since I first started doing the... forum circuit.  I'm NOT going to change my avatar pic as I've established that to be 'me' right from Day One (I don't want to confuse people by changing anything).  However, to make a point here, I've decided to change my signature.  This is meant to be temporary...  I've complained in the past and nothing happens.  Maybe if I have a large signature, too, people will see that this is really an annoying problem.  

Look, we all know who we're talking about here.  It's a SMALL forum.

Just because somebody's done something the same way for years doesn't mean it's okay.  We're all just supposed to 'get used to it'?  I've noticed everyone else, out of decency perhaps (to compensate perhaps), refraining from making a huge signature.

There's like a kind of unsaid, informal forum etiquette we all generally follow.  That restraint doesn't 'cramp my style'.  I've found many other ways to be 'original' around here.

Meanwhile, it's like we're all tip-toeing around the forum's one 'special needs person' because it's our responsibility to be nice.

When somebody makes thousands of posts, their signature (that's never changed since I've been here btw) gets to be a real pain in the arse to crawl over.

I realize that my posts aren't exactly 'light' at times with all the pictures and videos I post, but even my slow browser can handle it.

All annoyance aside, when somebody uses multiple video links plus pictures plus large blocks of text in a single post, over and over, repeated on the same page even, coupled with an extra large picture that gets repeatedly tacked on at the end, it really does slow my browser down.  Multiple videos are the worst.

To my delight and surprise, I recently noticed I've been quoted in a certain someone's thread post... and the post was looking really interesting, very insightful... but I couldn't even respond.  The page was so heavy my browser froze up and I had to kill it.

Pris wrote:
    mudra wrote:

Here's a few more of my own thoughts on the subject.  The Floyd

All annoyance aside, when somebody uses multiple video links plus pictures plus large blocks of text in a single post, over and over, repeated on the same page even, coupled with an extra large picture that gets repeatedly tacked on at the end, it really does slow my browser down.  Multiple videos are the worst.

To my delight and surprise, I recently noticed I've been quoted in a certain someone's thread post... and the post was looking really interesting, very insightful... but I couldn't even respond.  The page was so heavy my browser froze up and I had to kill it.

Now that you stated  clearly what the problem is I understand and realize how this can be annoying. It would be interesting to know whether you are the only one encountering it or if more people are concerned. I don't remember  having to bear with a slow down for that specific reason myself when I use my computer. The Glitches and Bugs sub forum would be the right place to debate the matter I believe. Hope you find some fruitful solution.  

Love from me
    mudra

Oh good!  I keep forgetting that 'middle-grounders' and 'left-brainers' need more evidence/proof. Very Happy  Those particular posts really do slow my browser down... Maybe it's because I'm on a more... antiquated system (and I've got a zillion tabs open which doesn't help).  So, when those heavy posts finally do load up on my page, it's like a proverbial back-handed slap in the face every time with that last picture tacked on there.  I've been psychologically damaged.

I'm worried though... on a side note... A certain someone's not been here for a few days.  Hope everything's okay.  If not, the timing of this thread would really suck.

UPDATE:  just checked, a certain someone just showed up, phew.

mudra wrote:Pris why taking the big tour with gloves on when you could submit the matter to Oxy directly. Oxy at times complains of people showing no interest for his threads but you are going there and interact with him. I would think he appreciates this and would be ready to make you a favor by breaking his long posts down into several shorter ones and... god knows what Wink

Love from me
    mudra
    mudra wrote:Hello Oxy,

As I came to your thread today it took me 3 minutes to be able to scroll down the last page of your thread. And I am on high speed bandwidth ! Imagine what this means to people who have a lower speed one ? Actually this is the case for Pris apparently that is unable to reach the point of answering some of your posts although she wants to. According to her some other people complained about this as well. The large picture files you post as well as the multiple videos that come in a  row are responsible for the freezing screen.

You oftened complained that your threads receive no interest from members but take a moment and consider the above may well be a reason for this. Having to wait to be able to read any of your posts at all is quite dissuasive.

Mercuriel not being around we are really left with our own to handle such matters through communication only. Would you be so kind as taking this into account and handle things accordingly. Just making your posts shorter of so many pictures as well as multiple videos in a row would help a LOT.

Thank You Oxy
    Love from me
    mudra
    Mea Culpa. I'll take care of it. Size apparently matters. What's Done Is Done, but I'll Try to Do Better in the Future, which might involve starting Book Four of the United States of the Solar System, and including a lot of posts which involve very few videos and images. This might happen rather quickly, or it might have to wait until next year. I have some pressing matters to deal with, which might take a while. Sorry for the confounding-consternation (including weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth). One benefit of my problematic-posts is that the alphabet-agencies probably have no problem viewing my posts (because of their powerful computers) but We the Peons are unable to easily view my highly-hypothetical and reprehensively-revolting threads and posts. The target-audience probably got reached, while the internet-surfers and alerted-locals probably gave-up before they could be brain-damaged by my upsetting-posts.

Regarding that 'Dr. Who Blue-Boy' signature, there is significant symbolism and character which is relevant to all of my threads and posts, and I've hinted at the reasons. This is an integral part of the puzzle to be solved, so I'll probably leave it 'as-is' and it shouldn't significantly slow down anyone's browser. I find it interesting that one who preaches 'No Rules' and 'No Leaders' finds it necessary to be the 'Police of Avalon'. I think I'll restrict my posting to 'my' threads, so as not to contaminate anyone else's threads. Just skip my threads. I've noticed throughout the years that my threads have not been included in the 'featured' threads on the 'welcome' page. I'm OK with that, and this is the first time (and probably the last time) that I've mentioned it. I've tested myself and others with my contrarian posting on a contrarian website. It's harder that way, and I usually do things the hard way. Thank-you for your patience and tolerance.

Pris, you sometimes remind me of Aquaries 1111 aka A-1 (and others). Sometimes I  wonder if you are all one?? Notice how Elvis Presley's face changes when he starts singing 'Glory', and notice how he seems to open a 'dimensional door'!! Namaste, Godspeed, and Geronimo.

Size of a forum member's signature including attachments - Page 2 Giphy
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:26 am

Last edited by Pris on Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:14 am

Good Oxy. Thank you for taking the time to reply.
    But page 11 of your thread is still freezing my screen.
    No chance to download the page and acknowledge you there.
    So you see I don't think this has'nt anything to do with Pris
    taking the role of Police of Avalon but rather just plain practicality
    for you as for those who wish to exchange views with you on your thread.

Love from me
    mudra

Swanny
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:35 am

mudra wrote:Good Oxy. Thank you for taking the time to reply.
    But page 11 of your thread is still freezing my screen.

I tend to avoid threads in which I can see Oxy has posted in as his posts mess with my pc

I'm probably not the only one that does this
    JoeEcho
    JoeEcho

Post  JoeEcho Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:11 pm

Pris wrote:JoeEcho nuts.

I have found a fun way of gathering them......

BANZAI!

Size of a forum member's signature including attachments - Page 2 91508255645f3ab307e2c66615b5a186--wild-animals-funny-animals
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:05 pm

JoeEcho wrote:
    Pris wrote:JoeEcho nuts.

I have found a fun way of gathering them......

BANZAI!

Size of a forum member's signature including attachments - Page 2 91508255645f3ab307e2c66615b5a186--wild-animals-funny-animals

HAHA!!  Thanks for the laugh, Joe. Insanely Happy I think I really needed it.  

With what's happening in the forum at the moment, I've had to stay focused.  

Size of a forum member's signature including attachments - Page 2 ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.quickmeme.com%2Fimg%2Fbc%2Fbc7c1773d1664b279c9975a90e6432e5621b447f6822e06340f6d4c0148d3255

http://mistsofavalon.heavenforum.org/t9359-identity-masking-in-the-mists-of-avalon#130606
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:27 pm

Considering the topic of this thread, I thought I'd share this timely comment I made in Oxy's thread, 'The United States of the Solar System, A.D. 2133 (Book Four)':

Pris wrote:It's interesting, Oxy, that you've included so many of my posts in your research/conclusions.  You've made a great effort here, but it's not right to take me out-of-context to 'sell' whatever you are selling.  I far from agree with much of it.  Personally, I'm leaning towards mostly everything happening being the result of us humans messing around with one another and that's about it.  All the rest of what you're going on about smells like a psyop in this forum.

(Btw, I was barely able to post this because the page is still too damn heavy.)

Maybe you'd like to share your thoughts in my psyop thread?

http://mistsofavalon.heavenforum.org/t9359-identity-masking-in-the-mists-of-avalon-psyops#130606

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:54 am