tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

5 posters

Size of a forum member's signature including attachments

Poll

Do you think there ought to be a size limit for the signature?

[ 2 ]
    Size of a forum member's signature including attachments Bar_left50%Size of a forum member's signature including attachments Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Size of a forum member's signature including attachments Bar_left50%Size of a forum member's signature including attachments Bar_right [50%] 

Total Votes: 4
    Pris
    Pris

Size of a forum member's signature including attachments Empty Size of a forum member's signature including attachments

Post  Pris Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:51 pm

Last edited by Pris on Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Pris
    Pris

Size of a forum member's signature including attachments Empty Re: Size of a forum member's signature including attachments

Post  Pris Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:30 pm

Pris
    Pris

Size of a forum member's signature including attachments Empty Re: Size of a forum member's signature including attachments

Post  Pris Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:32 pm

Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:35 pm

Last edited by Pris on Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:02 pm

Last edited by Pris on Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:27 pm

Last edited by Pris on Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    JoeEcho
    JoeEcho

Post  JoeEcho Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:40 pm

I enjoy visuals but when seeing a huge picture over and over again (due to it being a signature) in the same thread get ridiculous. I just scroll right by those posts as fast as I can.

We could all add a long oversized picture to our signature to illustrate the point. The more heavily posted threads will be literally a mile long in no time.

Size of a forum member's signature including attachments 850ed9aa272e199ecbec87774a18dee1--photography-portfolio-hdr-photography

Another idea would be to have a option in preferences to turn off signatures.

I am sure some yahoo does it to do be annoying just because they can.

Size of a forum member's signature including attachments I-Heard-Of-Mythbusters-Chinese-Water-Torture-Episode-Netflix--But-This-Is-Inhumane

I wonder if this kind of behavior is where calling someone a 'drip' come from.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:25 am

If you think this is torture you haven't lived anything yet Wink

I like signatures in general .I noticed they tend to change.
    At times short and simple, at times longer and colorful.
    They offer variety and a way to see people's considerations change and evolve.

A few personnal considerations regarding posts though:

I noticed I have I have less attraction for posts where there are few images
    and little or no text.
    Lengthy worded posts on the other hand tend to throw me off after a while unless clear and understandable
    and my interest is high for the subject being covered.
    Humor is fine. But by now I have seen so many cats in our gardens that I think I 'll go and look for the ladybirds and lilies for a while.

Love from me
    mudra

Love from me
    mudra
    JoeEcho
    JoeEcho

Post  JoeEcho Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:30 pm

As I immerse in the sea,

As you are
    As you were
    As you will be

Wave after wave of dazzling diamonds upon the surface.

Size of a forum member's signature including attachments 1

Do you see the kitten in this post?
    No?
    It's definitely here.
    Persistent perception, gets us EVERY time!

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:52 pm

No joeEcho but i see the ladybird above it and the water lilies beneath it in the kitten's dream.

Love from me
    mudra
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:25 pm

Last edited by Pris on Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:35 pm

Last edited by Pris on Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    JoeEcho
    JoeEcho

Post  JoeEcho Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:42 pm

mudra wrote:No joeEcho but i see the ladybird above it and the water lilies beneath it in the kitten's dream.

Love from me
    mudra

But of course, now I see what you see.

Any perception beyond perception is (another) perception no matter how grand that perception may be. As an example, No matter how infinitesimal or infinite the perception beyond, the sea is what is seen.

Two seerers see each other, which one is the perceived and which one is the perciever? Oh how art thy, perception.

Removal from the bubble makes for a larger bubble bath. A god for every bubble and a bubble for every god.

Size of a forum member's signature including attachments Multiverse2

Everyone's signature should be that of a bubble, needle I say more? drunken Whistle

JoeEcho
    JoeEcho

Post  JoeEcho Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:53 pm

Pris wrote:
    I'm amazed I've not been booted out of this forum yet.  Carol... wow, she's got some patience.

I've been booted out of one forum and let myself out the door in a few others because they weren't quite so.... inclusive as this forum.

I have boots. I am not afraid to use.

Size of a forum member's signature including attachments 125bd897d0e7e7ea8aa7452170f17b1afe17583d082a425e59a9d75ecbb14078

Size of a forum member's signature including attachments 22cb305d0431eaf59df5e1aaff13c235--the-movie-it-movie-tv

Size of a forum member's signature including attachments I+have+shamed+myself_7fadcf_4494289
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:55 pm

Last edited by Pris on Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:21 pm

Last edited by Pris on Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:08 pm

Last edited by Pris on Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:09 pm

Last edited by Pris on Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:31 pm

Last edited by Pris on Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:46 am

Last edited by Pris on Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:24 pm

Pris wrote:

[size=16]I'm glad you're sharing your thoughts here, mudra!  I wish more people would. I love you

Hey, we all are kind of 'quirky' in our own ways.  Hurray, how wonderful.  This is about being as inclusive as possible.

I'm amazed I've not been booted out of this forum yet.  Carol... wow, she's got some patience.

I've been booted out of one forum and let myself out the door in a few others because they weren't quite so.... inclusive as this forum.

Being able to state what one thinks and feels without being lynched by the mob is something I truly appreciate.

We don't wear boots in the Mists. We only walk bare feet through our gardens. It makes less noise and keeps us grounded Big Grin 3

You are welcome here Pris.
    You are outspoken but not tyrannical.
    What you are sharing here is your own contribution in the attempt to make sense of this world just as pretty all the rest of us. And you do so in your own Pris-tine way... with integrity.  

Love for You
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:34 pm

Pris wrote:
    mudra wrote:
    No joeEcho but i see the ladybird above it and the water lilies beneath it in the kitten's dream.

Love from me
    mudra

Sweet dream, mudra...

Size of a forum member's signature including attachments 840c8f06408dde0cbe7c5a5491469e0e

Awe ... you got me smiling.
    Thank You Pris

Hugs

Love from me
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:28 pm

Pris wrote:.

Here's a few more of my own thoughts on the subject.  The Floyd

All annoyance aside, when somebody uses multiple video links plus pictures plus large blocks of text in a single post, over and over, repeated on the same page even, coupled with an extra large picture that gets repeatedly tacked on at the end, it really does slow my browser down.  Multiple videos are the worst.

To my delight and surprise, I recently noticed I've been quoted in a certain someone's thread post... and the post was looking really interesting, very insightful... but I couldn't even respond.  The page was so heavy my browser froze up and I had to kill it.

Now that you stated clearly what the problem is I understand and realize how this can be annoying.
    It would be interesting to know whether you are the only one encountering it or if more people are concerned.
    I don't remember having to bear with a slow down for that specific reason myself when I use my computer.
    The Glitches and Bugs sub forum would be the right place to debate the matter I believe.
    Hope you find some fruitful solution.

Love from me
    mudra

Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:52 pm

Last edited by Pris on Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:00 pm

Last edited by Pris on Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 1:38 pm