tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+2
orthodoxymoron
mudra
6 posters

Bermuda Triangle: ship reappears 90 years after going missing

mudra
    mudra

Bermuda Triangle: ship reappears 90 years after going missing Empty Bermuda Triangle: ship reappears 90 years after going missing

Post  mudra Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:48 pm

BERMUDA TRIANGLE: SHIP REAPPEARS 90 YEARS AFTER GOING MISSING

Bermuda Triangle: ship reappears 90 years after going missing 1441749585_screenshot_20150908233129

Havana| The Cuban Coast Guard announced this morning, that they had intercepted an unmanned ship heading for the island, which is presumed to be the SS Cotopaxi, a tramp steamer which vanished in December 1925 and has since been connected to the legend of the Bermuda Triangle.

The Cuban authorities spotted the ship for the first time on May 16, near a restricted military zone, west of Havana. They made many unsuccessful attempts to communicate with the crew, and finally mobilized three patrol boats to intercept it.

When they reached it, they were surprised to find that the ship was actually a nearly 100-year old steamer identified as the Cotopaxi, a name famously associated with the legend of the Bermuda Triangle. There was no one on board and the ship seemed to have been abandoned for decades, suggesting that this could actually be the tramp freighter that disappeared in 1925.

An exhaustive search of the ship led to the discovery of the captain’s logbook. It was, indeed, associated with the Clinchfield Navigation Company, the owners of the SS Cotopaxi, but hasn’t brought any clue concerning what happened to the ship over the last 90 years.

read on: https://www.facebook.com/

Love Always
    mudra

orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Bermuda Triangle: ship reappears 90 years after going missing Empty Re: Bermuda Triangle: ship reappears 90 years after going missing

Post  orthodoxymoron Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:20 pm

Bermuda Triangle: ship reappears 90 years after going missing Phil_dodds%2520CEoaTK
    Bermuda Triangle: ship reappears 90 years after going missing Closeencounters1
    Bermuda Triangle: ship reappears 90 years after going missing Ce2eeefa981e2a54a225532fdb50004a09e269f4
    Eartheart
    Eartheart

Bermuda Triangle: ship reappears 90 years after going missing Empty Re: Bermuda Triangle: ship reappears 90 years after going missing

Post  Eartheart Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:49 pm

sorry pals, butthis storry was a joke for april or so,
    anyhow let us all disappear and lets appear all the missing things of the
    last 30000years, return all the stolen material and nonmaterial goodies of the people and have some more inspiration by the way...
    Thrashing photons into your electronshells might nullify all gravitation around you... clown
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:27 pm

Eartheart wrote:
    sorry pals, butthis storry was a joke for april or so,
    anyhow let us all disappear and lets appear all the missing things of the
    last 30000years, return all the stolen material and nonmaterial goodies of the people and have some more inspiration by the way...
    Thrashing photons into your electronshells might nullify all gravitation around you...  clown

Thanks for pointing this out Eartheart. You are right about the fakeness of that article.

Flowers

Love from me
    mudra
    bobhardee
    bobhardee

Post  bobhardee Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:25 pm

I think this is the all best story posted this year. Seriously, I think this return of the vanishing ship "ghost ship" should get the 2015 Best Post"....so far. The only thing that could have made it better would have better had it been reported a little closer to Oct 31.Ooooooo!!!!! I love it. I want to see follow up. We are talking Front Page headline.
    Bob H.
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Post  B.B.Baghor Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:14 pm

Bobhardee's words:
    "The only thing that could have made it better would have better had it been reported a little closer to Oct 31"

How so, bobhardee? What's the heaven&earth-matter with Oct 31?
    bobhardee
    bobhardee

Post  bobhardee Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:00 pm

Halloween is celebrated in the US on Oct 31. I think it might be called All Saints Day in some places. It is a day of ghosts, and goblins. It is also one in which little kids go trick or treating. It's a great time of the year for sitting around a campfire and telling ghost stories. This year we should all be required to include telling our grandchildren or the neighbors kid the "story of the steamer returning from the deep blue sea. Oooooo!!!! And its true. That is what makes it soooooooo cool!!!!
    How do you think it happened? Did some alien mother ship pull this baby up from its grave??? Did some freak storm cause an underwater hurricane which brought it to the surface. When you tell the story, whatever you want to do with this, will be acceptable.
    Bob H
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Post  B.B.Baghor Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:42 pm

Oh yes, thank you bobhardee, I see what you mean. It's Halloween time soon. That steamer ascending into the 3rd dimension
    is a great story to tell, with all kinds of details in wonder and marvel, while sitting near the crackling fire in the wood-stove, with
    the icy winter-ghosts melting on the window panes, drinking hot chocolate milk. In a shop in Glastonbury, there's a great black
    velvet dress with pointed sleeves and a wide very pointed witchy hood, with fringes in the right places and a right sort of suspense
    in the folds of the wide skirt reaching down to (I've got to work on it) wonderful creepy pointed slippers Cheerful

Bermuda Triangle: ship reappears 90 years after going missing Images12

There's a Halloween party in the planning in that fairy tale village of Glastonbury, a costume party for everybody, no entrance
    fee is required. This would be my first Halloween party. I've got to start exersizing flying my broom, I need to free it from the
    mothballs and air it thoroughly, with a lot of eerie giggles. Now... here you have it, bobhardee, this is how I attach a pigtail to
    a witchy..... ehmmmm.... ballroom dress, see what I mean?
    bobhardee
    bobhardee

Post  bobhardee Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:18 pm

I thinking that I'll dress up like Black Beard the Pirate. ARrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Mate. Shiver me timbers.....

B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Post  B.B.Baghor Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:16 am

bobhardee wrote:I thinking that I'll dress up like Black Beard the Pirate. ARrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Mate. Shiver me timbers.....

Big Grin 3  Toast

Bermuda Triangle: ship reappears 90 years after going missing 5b314010

For what it's worth to you, bobhardee, I've lost my right leg once upon a time, while being in command fiercely, on a ship.
    My overruling everybody became so strong that my higher self decided to slow me down....effectively. In this lifetime, around
    1998 or so, I found the place where my right leg is attached to my body, in much pain. Only my skin was hurting when I
    touched the skin. No damage or dis-ease was present at all. I could walk and move without hindrance whatsoever.

During an energetic coaching session with a friend of mine, I mentioned that pain and she explained what my leg was showing
    to her, that is.... the energetic process taking place in it. "You're growing a new leg" she said. I fell off my chair almost. And then
    she described the lifetime of my past, connected to that pain and why I lost the leg in the ship-ropes. To me, my past life events
    aren't that important, for life is already interesting as it is now  Cheerful A most curious thing in this, I told my friend of my
    experience (before that session), is that once I'm on a wooden ship with sails, on full sea and I hear the song of the wind in the
    ropes, the creaking of the boards and when I walk down the narrow stairs, smelling the tar and the salt in rope-coils, I'm totally
    happy, full of beans. When helping on board I feel myself going into that past life personality again, in his role of "my ship, my rules".
    It's not that difficult for me, to enter that role  Wink

Of course I can't act on it, being a nitwit in sailing, but I'm asking a lot of questions, looking at the sailors moving around and I
    explore the ship, possibly finding the climbing rope to the crow's nest high in the mast of the ship. I so like to shout "Ship ahoy!"

Bermuda Triangle: ship reappears 90 years after going missing A47c4c10
    bobhardee
    bobhardee

Post  bobhardee Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:38 am

That's it BB.  We have met in a bar or perhaps were in a bar room fight in a previous life.   You were a pirate and perhaps I was as well.  I know for certain that when I am out in the deep blue water, I get a haunting feeling that the sea has pulled me to the bottom of Davy Jones locker and there I stayed until my current reincarnation. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
    Bob H.

SS Cotopaxi mystery: Ship missing since 1925 reappears in 2015 off Cuba coast
    Science Add comments
    Jun 182015

New reports over the stunning appearance of a ship that had mysteriously disappeared in the Bermuda Triangle nearly 100 years ago, emerged in the blogosphere.

Cuban coast guard allegedly announced on 20 May 2015 that it intercepted a crewless ship heading towards country’s shore. Experts argue that it would be “SS Cotopaxi”, a tramp steamer which went missing in December 1925.
    SS Cotopaxi

Steam ship SS Cotopaxi (pic: internet)
    The disappearance of the cargo ship has been for long associated with the Bermuda Triangle. The Cubans spotted the vessel for the first time on May 16, 2015 when they tried to get in communication with the ghost crew. Since their efforts in this regards failed, they made their way to the deck four days later.

After getting on board, they noticed that it is indeed the nearly century old ship called SS Cotopaxi. And as obvious in such cases, there were no sailors on board. A logbook was also found but unfortunately there was nothing recorded over the mystery incident that occurred 90 years ago and led to the disappearance of the crew and the ship together.

All the records of the journal stop at 1 December 1925. On 29 November, Cotopaxi departed from Charleston, South Carolina heading for Havana, Cuba. The vessel had 32 sailors on board under the command of Captain Meyer and a cargo of 2340 tons of carbon. Two days later, the ship went missing after releasing distress signals. In the last radio communication, the crew reported that Cotopaxi was taking water while tilting to one side.

Now, Cuban Foreign Minister said that an inquiry into this event is made and the mystery created around the Bermuda Triangle stories should be untied, given that this area is increasingly more avoided by commercial ships, a situation which affects Cuba.

The Bermuda Triangle is an expanse of water in the Atlantic Ocean stretching between Miami, Puerto Rico and Bermuda Islands.

Cotopaxi was 253 feet (77 m) long between perpendiculars, with a beam of 44 feet (13 m). Her steam engine could propel her at 9.5 knots (17.6 km/h). It was built by the Great Lakes Engineering Works, Ecorse, Michigan, in 1918 for the Clinchfield Navigation Company.
    - See more at: http://www.foxcrawl.com/2015/06/18/ss-cotopaxi-mystery-ship-missing-since-1925-reappears-in-2015-off-cuba-coast/#sthash.Intkkb7H.dpuf
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:18 pm

I couldn't imagine the story being authentic but enjoyed it all the same.  BB, we were in Glastonbury about 17 years ago and fell in love with the area. It looks like you're enjoying your time there. How delightful.

Last edited by Carol on Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:24 pm

That "lost ship" is straight out of Close Encounters of the Third Kind...
    Bermuda Triangle: ship reappears 90 years after going missing Closeencounters1
    Bermuda Triangle: ship reappears 90 years after going missing 1441749585_screenshot_20150908233129

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:30 pm