tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

4 posters

Book in process

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Book in process Empty Book in process

Post  Carol Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:51 am

Well all, after numerous delays and set asides I'm finally back at writing my fiction book. The human looking alien book will have to wait until I get back to Hawaii as my research books are there. But this one is for fun and includes all paranormal under the sun, time travel, Planet X and every fun idea I've ever run across on some wacky forum.

Here is a draft of the prolog. Some rewriting will need to be done and my 14 year old daughter (who really is a brilliant writer) will be doing editing. This should be a hoot.

For easier reading I've moved the text to:

http://www.themistsofavalon.net/member-s-words-f31/the-great-deception-book-in-process-t998.htm#17398

Book in process Templar

Last edited by Carol on Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:54 am; edited 7 times in total

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Book in process Empty Re: Book in process

Post  Carol Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:42 am

I've been working on this section which is presenting a few challenges. Obviously more rewrites are needed but it has some good bones to work off of.

Text moved.

Last edited by Carol on Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:48 pm; edited 6 times in total

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:09 am

Last edited by Carol on Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:14 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : moved text to another thread.)

lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:31 pm

Carol wrote:Well all, after numerous delays and set asides I'm finally back at writing my fiction book. The human looking alien book will have to wait until I get back to Hawaii as my research books are there. But this one is for fun and includes all paranormal under the sun, time travel, Planet X and every fun idea I've ever run across on some wacky forum.

Here is a draft of the prolog. Some rewriting will need to be done and my 14 year old daughter (who really is a brilliant writer) will be doing editing. This should be a hoot.

Book ~ the dream

The dream began the way it always did.

Sitting astride his mount a cool lavender grey mist swirls about him. He urges his well-trained roan onward up through the damp woodland along the treacherous winding rocky path. With each hoof-step he hears rocks and some of the smaller pebbles roll and tumble, rolling over and over gently down behind him. He is wearing a white, dirt-stained tunic over dark leggings that stretched down to his knees. Emblazoned on the front of his surcoat is a plain blood-red splayed, eight-pointed cross of the Merovingian kings of France, a symbol of martyrdom. About his waist a mock medieval belt is girded with a sword. Upon his head a helmet. Underneath his helmet, damp with sweat, is shoulder length wavy black hair. Due to exertion he feels trickles of sweat run along his spine in tiny rivulets down into the small of his back. Hearing his horses’ labored breathing and upon each exhalation he also saw small puffs of steam blowing out from the nostrils. The scents surrounding him were mixed and consisted of a combination of his own musky sour body odor, his horses sweat ~ along with the scent of the oak forest floor’s soft, crumbly, moldy decaying leaves that were underneath the climbing hooves. Tensing his well-formed muscular thighs he gives his heels a kick into the heaving ribs and uses his spurs to urge his horse up and over a rotted log that had fallen onto their path. His mount, dark as a moonless night itself, was next to invisible making him look more like some ghostly specter, bobbing up and down, wafting along haphazardly through the deep dark forest. His ongoing internal experience of a powerful inner force draws him onward and upwards. With little light to see properly his upward trek is mostly by instinct. His soul is protected by the armour-of-faith and his body protected by the armour-of-steel. Doubly-armed, he fears neither demons nor men. His is of a monastic Order and had been specially selected for this unique, very important, yet also treacherous mission. This is a sacred, spiritual quest. He is both honored and humbled. A cold easterly breeze rushes across his exposed face lifting the small bristles of his dark beard. In the crook of his left arm, hidden behind his shield is a small delicate glowing bundle wrapped in swaddling white linen cloth. He must deliver this treasure before the full moon rises from behind the high rocky peak and before the dark oppressive clouds clear to reveal a starry sky currently hidden and obscured. He must realize his goal. He must reach the summit. He must. Failure is not an option. Out of the corner of his left eye he catches movement. Others? The small hairs on the nape of his neck bristle and lift up. Friend or foe? Did they spot him? Even at his own peril he must continue and urges his mount to quickly move forward. Menace or not he refuses to waver from his mission. He has sworn to keep the secrets of his Order and to 'faithfully defend and maintain the holy Christian faith ~ under no less penalty than loss of life, by having his head struck off and placed on the point of a pinnacle or spire, his skull sawn asunder, and his brains exposed to the scorching rays of the sun, as a warning to all infidels and traitors.'

In a flashback of his initiation he recalls being given a skull and a taper and told to walk slowly round the room again, seven times, keeping his eyes fixed on those 'two emblems of life and mortality' and swear, 'May the spirit which once inhabited this skull rise up and testify against me, if ever I willfully violate my obligation of a Knight Templar'. To complete the oath he is told he must 'Seal it with his lips seven times on the skull.' The Grand Password is 'Maher-shalal-hash-baz' (Isaiah 8:1) The Grand word is 'Jesus Emmanuel'. The sign is an imitation of Jesus hanging on the cross, with the arms outstretched, the feet crossed, and the head bent to one side. He, but a mere mortal, could do no less then Christ. If asked, he would willingly give his life. Yet this sacred treasure he carries must reach its destination. He must protect it and get it safely to the small clearing at the highest point of the summit. There the answers await him. Then he will see with his own eyes, and know for himself, the truth. In Latin, he quietly mutters to himself “Veritas, veritas, veritas.” His destiny lies with Veritas.

Carol, this really pulled me in. I would love to see a picture of the eight point Merovingian cross. Maybe on the cover of the book, hmmm? as a trigger? Please send more of this dream, and how does the story go on from there? Love it. Linda
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:34 am

Thanks Linda. The dream is past-life recollection and will be expanded upon a bit later.

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:14 am

lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:20 pm

I must go down a rabbit hole in the direction of information on the Order of Montessa. I think we don't know enough about it. Something is chiming a small bell somewhere about this. Thanks, off to the races. Linda
    Anonymous

Post  Guest Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:25 pm

This is very cool Carol! Do you have any published books? I guess I should know this - but I don't remember seeing you mention any. Do you have any completed manuscripts awaiting publication? Who might be the publisher? I want to write a book - but I just can't seem to get motivated enough to do so - so I just keep making post after post on the internet. I admire your discipline.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:07 pm

Hi orthodoxymoron.. I plan on publishing my books at www.authorhouse.com which is where Paola Harria and a number of other well know folks do their publishing. This way as the author one has complete control over the process and once published the books are automatically sold on Amazon.com

Personally, I'm not big on publishers and would prefer to handle this myself.

If you have a story line idea just start it here in mists and see how it goes. It helps to know someone is reading your work and adds a bit of inspiration.

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:30 am

moved

Last edited by Carol on Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:10 pm; edited 2 times in total

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:45 am

The Volcanologist moved

Last edited by Carol on Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:11 pm; edited 5 times in total

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:51 am

Carol this is awesome . You got the talent to write and plenty of memories to set the wave going towards something most interesting .
    I love your colorfull way of expressing yourself .
    I believe the passion behind this and your heartfelt drive will cover quite a few pages .
    The book is already sold my dear and I reserve a copy cheers

Much Love from me
    Hugs

mudra
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:45 pm

Thanks mudra. It's been gestating for a very long time. I did start the original draft about 8 years ago and lost it when by computer ended up fired by the malware it picked up from GLP. The research data couldn't be recovered so that put a sock in it for a few years. Then I started working on it again with yet another computer that crashed. This time I email copies of each section to my daughter so it won't get lost again and that is also the reason for posting some of it here. What makes this fun is my daughter were we work on this together. Writing is her forte.

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:34 pm

moved

Book in process Kilauea
    Kilauea: The World’s Most Active Volcano
    Pele, Hawaiian Goddess of Fire. "She-Who-Shapes-The-Sacred-Land"

Book in process Sacred%20Fire%20of%20Pele
    http://www.olgashevchenko.com/images/Sacred%20Fire%20of%20Pele.jpg

Last edited by Carol on Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:13 pm; edited 4 times in total

dominic777
    dominic777

Post  dominic777 Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:08 am

Carol wrote:Thanks mudra. It's been gestating for a very long time. I did start the original draft about 8 years ago and lost it when by computer ended up fired by the malware it picked up from GLP. The research data couldn't be recovered so that put a sock in it for a few years. Then I started working on it again with yet another computer that crashed. This time I email copies of each section to my daughter so it won't get lost again and that is also the reason for posting some of it here. What makes this fun is my daughter were we work on this together. Writing is her forte.

well done carol , you certainly have the talent to do it....i wrote a book through authorhouse many years ago
    lol
    best of luck with it
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:32 am

Thanks dom. What did you write?

Lost at Sea - moved

Book in process B-whale1

Book in process Flippergate

Last edited by Carol on Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:03 pm; edited 8 times in total

dominic777
    dominic777

Post  dominic777 Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:11 am

[quote="Carol"]Thanks dom. What did you write?
    hello Carol..my book is called
    Consciousness is King,
    changed from authorhouse to lulu.....small thin book , but with a lot of esoteric data..or it was a few years ago....best of luck with your book ..
    lol
    dom
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:56 pm

Dom, and Carol: maybe you should start an author's corner or some such. Provide links to published works that fellow members of the forum can peruse! Heck, you could sell some books! Yay! I'll even contribute my links to my plays. One of the plays is about Hawaii, of all things. I am published with a firm in Florida. Just a thought. Maybe it is not allowed...I don't remember the rules about such things. Linda
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:10 pm

Hi Linda. We don't have those type of rules here. People can pretty much do whatever.

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:17 pm

Daniel – moved

Last edited by Carol on Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:04 pm; edited 2 times in total

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:15 am

Book in process The-cove-underwater

Lost at Sea - Redux moved

Last edited by Carol on Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:58 pm

Grace – moved

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:17 pm

For those who are interested all of the rewrites and text have been moved to this other section for members "WORDS"

http://www.themistsofavalon.net/member-s-words-f31/the-great-deception-book-in-process-t998.htm

Anything new will be posted there. Mahalo, Carol

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:23 pm