tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

4 posters

Self Moderate Forum

malletzky
    malletzky

Self Moderate Forum Empty Self Moderate Forum

Post  malletzky Fri May 01, 2015 2:22 pm

To all our present members, guests and potential members: I wanted to share my thoughts and ideas of something very important, which many might take for granted, but basically, THAT something is unfortunately not a common standard in this world.

In the past few years, and especially in the last few days, we could read that our Forum, TMoA, is a kind self moderating. This caused me to think and investigate a bit about the meaning of "self moderating" (this term could well be applied to many other various gatherings as communities, states, governments etc. as well).

By one definition, moderate is:

mod·er·ate adj. 1. Being within reasonable limits; not excessive or extreme: a moderate price. 2. Not violent or subject to extremes; mild or calm; temperate: a moderate climate. 3. a. Of medium or average quantity or extent. b. Of limited or average quality; mediocre. 4. Opposed to radical or extreme views or measures, especially in politics or religion. n. One who holds or champions moderate views or opinions, especially in politics or religion. v.  (mŏd′ə-rāt′) mod·er·at·ed, mod·er·at·ing, mod·er·ates v.tr. 1. To cause to be less extreme, intense, or violent. 2. To preside over: She was chosen to moderate the convention. v.intr. 1. To become less extreme, intense, or violent; abate. 2. To act as a moderator. [Middle English moderat, from Latin moderātus, past participle of moderārī, to moderate; see med-in Indo-European roots.] mod′er·ate·ly adv. mod′er·ate·ness n. mod′er·a′tion n. Synonyms: moderate, qualify, temper These verbs mean to make less extreme or intense: moderated the severity of his rebuke byremaining calm; qualified her criticism by noting some strong points; tempered my harshcomments before writing the report. Antonym: intensify wrote:

In my own investigations and at last, by my own thoughts and by my own logical standards, it came pretty clear to my mind that self moderating is inevitably connected with the overall level of consciousness and partially the emotional intelligence (EI, not IQ) of the members that 'agree' to self moderate.

Why I write 'agree'? In my humble opinion, one "must" be self moderate first, which requires a very particular level of consciousness and EI, before one agree to interact on the same level with other equal minded individuals.

Here in TMoA, we are really a bunch of equal minded individuals with so much diversity - we have artists, musicians, poets, spiritualists, doctors, investigators - you just name it - among us, all of us so unique in it's own field, but all of us on the a particular level of consciousness which enable us to contribute and collaborate for this community.

What are your thoughts and ideas about this? Could we elaborate on this topic and eventually find a common definition of what makes our forum as it is?

Should we also consider some other factors, like our past and very oft negative experiences on other forums or are these (if there are some other factors, please state here) not so relevant, because it is obvious that some individuals just never learn and never get out of this circle of being banned from any particular community?

Much respect
    Mall...
    mudra
    mudra

Self Moderate Forum Empty Re: Self Moderate Forum

Post  mudra Fri May 01, 2015 5:19 pm

That is an interesting search Mal .

To me our willingness to open to different perspectives while being able to express our own resulting in a mutual welcoming of diversity is what make the Mists what they are.

The murmuration of starlings each one of them moving differently while allowing singularity ( consciousness ) to express itself through them is what comes to mind when you ask how self moderation could be defined.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eakKfY5aHmY

The Karen

Love from me
    mudra
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Fri May 01, 2015 9:52 pm

The essence of The Mists is that this is not someone's forum but our forum.

It's as much Carol's forum, Mudra's forum, Beren's forum, Malletzky's forum, Mercuriel's forum and Floyd's forum, as it is my forum.  

None of us is 'bossy', 'cos we're all chiefs in our own right.

And whenever a troll arrives (s)he's taken care of, and for as far as I can remember there's never been a thread started about the banning policy here.

Even a member like 'Truth' (http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t7866p90-transparency-in-the-one-truth-forum#111410) can express him/herself the way (s)he does, without having to fear that (s)he's banned.

Just as long as one shows respect for the way things work here, and keeps in mind that our kindness is our strength.

(Because fair and square, f#ck with me and I'll set you free - permanently. They don't call me LORD 'NEESON' TRANCOSO for nothing.)

Huge Grin
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sat May 02, 2015 12:49 am

"To me our willingness to open to different perspectives while being able to express our own resulting in a mutual welcoming of diversity is what make the Mists what they are.

The murmuration of starlings each one of them moving differently while allowing singularity ( consciousness ) to express itself through them is what comes to mind when you ask how self moderation could be defined. "

I like this statement mudra. It seems to fit. Did you ever notice that the fewer the rules the easier it is to co-exist peacefully here? Mutual respect covers a lot of territory. For me personally Moderation without ego is what works best.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Sat May 02, 2015 2:31 am

ROXY MUSIC - Manifesto

I am for a life around the corner
    that takes you by surprise
    that comes leaves all you need
    and more besides

I am for a life and time by numbers
    blast in fast 'n low
    add 'em up, account for luck
    you never know

I am into friendship and plain sailing
    through frenzied ports o' call
    shake the hand to beat the band
    with love is all

or nothing to the man who wants tomorrow
    there's one in every town
    a crazy guy, he'd rather die
    than be tied down

I am for the man who drives the hammer
    to rock you till the grave
    his power drill
    shocks a million miles away

I am for the revolution's coming
    I don't know where she's been
    for those who dare because it's there
    I know - I've seen

now and then I've suffered imperfection
    I studied marble flaws
    and faces drawn pale and worn
    by many tears

I am that I am from out of nowhere
    to fight without a cause
    roots strain against the grain
    with brute force - you'd better

hold out when you're in doubt
    question what you see
    and when you find an answer
    bring it home to me
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Sat May 02, 2015 2:39 am

Carol wrote: Did you ever notice that the fewer the rules the easier it is to co-exist peacefully here? Mutual respect covers a lot of territory. For me personally Moderation without ego is what works best.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:32 pm