tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+2
orthodoxymoron
Floyd
6 posters

Ufo alien cults

Floyd
    Floyd

Ufo alien cults - Page 2 Empty Re: Ufo alien cults

Post  Floyd Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:12 pm

The founder of american alien cults
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:45 pm

Floyd wrote:Just like the entire population of Germany laid itself down to NAZIsm
    Of course we should sit back and do nothing and let life take its course
    Even with the smaller ideologies that grow into beasts.
    Who would be so rude as to warn.
    Its better we let self proclaimed prophets ruin the lives of countless individuals
    Its karma after all
    Well oddly enough Floyd I believe it's through an interchange of ideas and actual contact with life that we come to forge our character
    Hopefully as we process all this through the filter of mind and heart we gain experience and come to find our own answers.
    What is true to us we share with others . This is quite natural amongst human beings and absolutely welcome.

What I was pointing out in my above post is that you can warn people a thousand times of a true or imaginary danger.
    They will only know what you said was true once they saw and lived it for themselves and got burned or not through it.
    Have you ever raised a kid ?

I once had a friend who was in a cult with me. His parents were strongly against him being there and warned him over and over again
    of how bad it was. But he didn't listen to their advices.
    When things turned bad for him in the cult though he decided to leave completely disgusted by then and feeling betrayed.

For 30 years he then turned to build his own path reading loads of books and authors that inspired him.
    He turned to nature and farming as well and devoted himself to his art as a singer. He looked perfectly happy.

A few years later it was my turn to leave that cult.Not that I felt disgusted or betrayed as he did.
    I was happy when I joined and as happy when I left. I simply grew out of it .
    But we had now a cult we had left in common and therefore plenty to share on the subject which was quite enjoyable.

So time went by and recently about 30 years later I heard he decided to get back in that cult three years ago and from all I know he is very happy and even raving about his new choice.

A bad experience he turned into a good one. One of these life miracles you know. And how long that latest one is going to last .. the story doesn't tell yet LOL

Just out of curiosity you seem quite versed into these cults. How much time did you actually spent in any of these so as to form such a strong opinion ? Would you share your own experience ?

Love from me
    mudra

orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:31 am

Just about anything can be good -- and just about anything can be bad -- including cults. Sometimes it depends on who's running things -- and sometimes it depends on whether a particular situation is a good fit, or not. Sometimes it depends on when one joins -- and when one leaves. I've sort of had a cult of one -- for myself -- within the Mists. I'm sure it could've been turned into a cult -- but I'm not that kind of guy. What's sad, is that treating the material I've been dealing with in a cultish manner would've probably generated a helluva lot more interest than it did. I'm presently walking away from the whole thing -- and I probably should've done so a couple of years ago. I spent a lot of time in classes taught by a famous cult-watcher named Dr. Walter Martin. I remember him saying that cults always promote something which they alone have -- and which nobody else has. Being special and exclusive seems to be a big draw. I've been trying to facilitate a form of Judeo-Christianity which has high-standards -- yet which is non-exclusive and non-cultish. The problem is that I end-up offending everyone, and making everyone angry -- just by trying to make everyone think. I've been reduced to determining to leave the Mists, and just study my study-guide without trying to convince anyone of anything. In essence, I will be a Cult of One -- or a Secret Society with only One Member!! I think this might be a Soul-Preparation for Future-Incarnations -- because I doubt that what I've presented within the Mists will gain traction during the remainder of this century. Some things just can't be rushed or forced without causing HUGE problems and misunderstandings. Some things have to run their course -- and I suspect that this civilization will just have to learn the hard way. Perhaps that's the ONLY Way.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:54 am

orthodoxymoron wrote:Just about anything can be good -- and just about anything can be bad -- including cults. Sometimes it depends on who's running things -- and sometimes it depends on whether a particular situation is a good fit, or not. Sometimes it depends on when one joins -- and when one leaves. I've sort of had a cult of one -- for myself -- within the Mists. I'm sure it could've been turned into a cult -- but I'm not that kind of guy. What's sad, is that treating the material I've been dealing with in a cultish manner would've probably generated a helluva lot more interest than it did. I'm presently walking away from the whole thing -- and I probably should've done so a couple of years ago. I spent a lot of time in classes taught by a famous cult-watcher named Dr. Walter Martin. I remember him saying that cults always promote something which they alone have -- and which nobody else has. Being special and exclusive seems to be a big draw. I've been trying to facilitate a form of Judeo-Christianity which has high-standards -- yet which is non-exclusive and non-cultish. The problem is that I end-up offending everyone, and making everyone angry -- just by trying to make everyone think. I've been reduced to determining to leave the Mists, and just study my study-guide without trying to convince anyone of anything. In essence, I will be a Cult of One -- or a Secret Society with only One Member!! I think this might be a Soul-Preparation for Future-Incarnations -- because I doubt that what I've presented within the Mists will gain traction during the remainder of this century. Some things just can't be rushed or forced without causing HUGE problems and misunderstandings. Some things have to run their course -- and I suspect that this civilization will just have to learn the hard way. Perhaps that's the ONLY Way.
    The United States of the Solar System -- Archangelic Queens of Heaven -- and the University of Solar System Studies and Governance: 13524 views

Archangelic Queens of Heaven and the United States of the Solar System: 23101 views

That's the number of hits your main threads got Oxy. A substantial number of fans I would say cheers 
    They may not be all on this forum engaging in a dialogue with you but you certainly got readers out there Oxy.
    May be that indicates a book around your work would find success.

" Its the possibility that keeps me going , not the guarantee " . These are the words of some anonymous author that I came across lately.
    And as Maxwell Maltz said " If you make friends with yourself you will never be alone " .

I guess this is true for us all.

Every single one of us is a unique vibration of the infinite creation.

Much Love for You

mudra
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:45 pm

mudra wrote:
    Every single one of us is a unique vibration of the infinite creation.
    Toast 
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:32 pm

Thank-you mudra. I can no longer log-on to the old Project Avalon, so I can't see how many views there have been, but the Amen Ra thread was racking-up tens of thousands of hits. But that thread was mostly the work of Brook. Actually, I don't like any of this stuff. I am NOT at peace with any of it. It is a somewhat pathological pursuit. I seem to be seeking solutions in a MOST ridiculous and provocative manner. I'd much rather be part of some secret research team -- with access to the really good people, other than people, and meaning of life stuff. I'm honestly a wreck 24/7. I know it doesn't have to be that way -- but that's the way it is for me -- and I can't seem to change the channel. I'm trying to get at the truth in a round about way -- but I'm not trying to throw anyone under the bus -- human or otherwise. I don't think there is any nice way to run this solar system, social experiment, and genetic experiment. If we are still here in January, I will be starting a couple of new hobbies -- to get my mind off of posting on the internet. I like the book idea -- but it would have to be done by those in the know -- and NOT by me. I have NO idea what the realities are concerning the topics I've touched upon -- and I have NO idea how people would react to the highly upsetting material I have speculated upon. This is truly playing with burning magnesium. The potential for insanity and suicide is quite high if this madness is not publically handled in a responsible manner. I do NOT wish to personally make a bigger deal out of this than I already have -- but I truly spoke with a very close relative of one of the most famous Hollywood Directors about the possibility of a High-Tech Sci-Fi Life of Christ Super-Movie -- mostly based upon a book called The Desire of Ages. Nothing came of it -- but the editorial slant I've pursued (if mostly true) would be dynamite (if properly handled). I simply have NO idea what's true, and what's not. This stuff is way too dangerous to mess around with if one doesn't know what they're doing -- and I do NOT know what I'm doing -- and I know it...
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:12 pm

Projects camelot and avalon suck.
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:48 am

mudra wrote:
    Just out of curiosity you seem quite versed into these cults. How much time did you actually spent in any of these so as to form such a strong opinion ? Would you share your own experience ?

Love from me
    mudra
    You may be disapointed to learn mudra that I did not join any religious cult of my own volition. I have in the past engaged with many as part of graduate study and a hobby if you like both before and after.

One does not have to be a member of a cult to understand how they work or comprehend the modus operandi of the oft deluded and manipulating individuals who bring them into fruition. Indeed, it is precisely because cult members are unable or disallowed to fathom this, that cults succeed.

Whilst it is always fascnitaing to hear of individual experience of religious cults, what I am trying to focus on this thread is the origin of a particular type of cult. That is the the birth and development of UFO/alien cults and religions.

A cult is a cult of course no matter how small or big. Religious or poltical or both. Roman Catholicism, Islam, Nazism, Judaism, Alienism, Ascensionism,, White supremacism, libertarianism, communism, Raelinism and so on.

Alien Ufo cults originating in the United States have dubious origins that to the many who whimsy around alleged 'new age/ascension/ufo religious beliefs have no clue about.

Hypnotize
    You could always join the Church of Zardon if you like.
    Our principles are permaculture, ecology, symbiance with nature, peace, destruction of all weapons and the advocacy of non religion and nullification of all political ideological extremities.
    cheers

join. www.peopleofthetempleofintergalacticzardon/recruitment lol
    Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:38 am

You may be disapointed to learn mudra that I did not join any religious cult of my own volition. I have in the past engaged with many as part of graduate study and a hobby if you like both before and after.
    Graduate study from where?  Did they teach you to spell or at least use spell check?  Because your spelling is atrocious and noted on many of your posts (Disappointed has two p's).

I'm working to picture your thesis on the graduate study.  Yikes!

Ufo alien cults - Page 2 5efssi

I heard a rumor that secret government and private operations have training in such cults and infiltrate as well.  They also infiltrate forums.

There's also a rumor they pay good money to do that.  Infiltrate forums that is.  But that's just silly now isn't it?

Floyd:  Projects camelot and avalon suck.

(Camelot and Avalon should be capitalized) Whistle 

I remember you being a member of both.  Can you tell us why?
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:44 pm

Iphone typing
    And yes my spelling is awful.
    Still graduated with honours though.
    Is that what you have to resort to.
    When you have nowhere else to go.
    Just makes you look silly doesnt it?
    I can spell pathetic though.
    :-)
    Perhaps out the window is the best place for you.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:02 am

Floyd wrote:
    Perhaps out the window is the best place for you.
    NO NO don't throw Brook out of the window Floyd.
    Smashed windows wouldn't make our spaceship any good UFO2 
    And I would miss Brook too much.

The interplay we are having on this board at times makes me think of Tom and Jerry Rolling Eyes 
    I haven't figured out who is Tom and who is Jerry though...
    Despite the appearances there is a bondage no doubt .

Tom And Jerry Cartoon OF FELINE BONDAGE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGFjyM7HjRA

Love from me
    mudra
    Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:02 am

Note to self;  Since Iphone  has been out it has had a spell correction feature which is automatic to avoid such error. I got one of the first and have the latest version.  Am I the only one that has this feature?  scratch   Perhaps the aliens put it there for me!

Ufo alien cults - Page 2 30mbers

Floyd I'm happy to hear you graduated with honors at the Alien Cult School.  Really I am!  Did you attain a Bachelor of Alien Cults or Masters?

I have a question.  Did they teach history there at the Alien Cult School?  I ask this because apparently you think America is entirely responsible for slavery.  When England reaped some great spoils of the slave trade.

By the 18th century, the slave trade became a major economic mainstay for such cities as Bristol and Liverpool, engaged in the so-called "Triangular trade". The ships set out from England, loaded with trade goods which were exchanged on the West African shores for slaves captured by local rulers from deeper inland; the slaves were transported through the infamous "middle passage" across the Atlantic, and were sold at considerable profit for labour in plantations. The ships were loaded with export crops and commodities, the products of slave labour, such as sugar and rum, and returned to England to sell the items.
    [b]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_the_British_Isles

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triangular_trade

But on the serious side of things;  I'm surprised to hear of a school that has cult infiltration/engagement as part of the curriculum. That sound a bit dangerous and also a liability to the school if anything should happen to the student no?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/liability

Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:08 am

Boring irrelevance aside...

Here is some info from wiki RE Alien religions should you have any friends or relatives involved in alien cults and are concerned.

A UFO religion is any religion in which the existence of extraterrestrial (ET) entities operating unidentified flying objects (UFOs) are an element of belief. Typically, adherents of such religions believe the ETs to be interested in the welfare of humanity which either already is, or eventually will become, part of a preexisting ET civilization. Others may incorporate ETs into a more supernatural worldview in which the UFO occupants are more akin to angels than physical aliens; this distinction may be a little blurred within the overall subculture. These religions have their roots in the tropes of early science fiction (especially space opera) and weird fiction writings, in ufology, and in the subculture of UFO sightings and alien abduction stories. Scientology is the largest UFO religion in the world followed by Raelism.[1]
    Contents  [hide]
    1 Summary
    2 Notable UFO religions
    2.1 Aetherius Society
    2.2 Church of the SubGenius
    2.3 Heaven’s Gate
    2.4 Universal Industrial Church of the New World Comforter
    2.5 Nation of Islam
    2.6 Raëlism
    2.7 Scientology
    2.8 Unarius Academy of Science
    2.9 Universe people
    3 UFOs in other religions
    4 See also
    5 Notes
    6 References
    7 Further reading
    Summary[edit]

Some adherents believe that the arrival or rediscovery of alien civilizations, technologies and spirituality will enable humans to overcome their current ecological, spiritual and social problems. Issues such as hatred, war, bigotry, poverty and so on are said to be resolvable through the use of superior alien technology and spiritual abilities. Such belief systems are also described as millenarian in their outlook.[2][3]
    UFO religions naturally have developed first in such countries as the United States, Canada, France, the United Kingdom and Japan as the concept presumes the cultural context of a society technologically advanced enough to conceive of ET as such and one in which religion of any kind is not discouraged or suppressed. The term “flying saucers” and the popular notion of the UFO originated in 1947. The 1950s saw the creation of UFO religions, with the advent of the purported contactees.
    UFO religions range from serious enough for adherents to commit mass suicide to the openly satirical or farcical and none of them rank as a world religion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFO_religion

Last edited by Floyd on Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:52 am; edited 2 times in total
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:11 am

From the above the Aetherius Society is an interesting one. Their old HQ on the Fulham Road could do with a lick of paint and an updated UFO model in their front window. Classic sci fi cult.

Not all alien cults are suicide or end of the world/catastrophe cults but the majority will just be interested in taking your money, your psychological freedom or your soul. Or all of these. They may event take your underpants if you are not careful. Many are just plain silly or a cover for Government and the alien myth they created.
    The Aetherius Society is one of the few British alien cults that like its counterparts in the state's, appeared at the same time as the cold war and rapid military expansion and development of new aircraft and military technology lol. In particular at this time, the UK was heavily involved in aircraft development and experiment.

Jawdrop

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:54 am