tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+15
Oliver
monique
dolphin
Mercuriel
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
lindabaker
enemyofNWO
mudra
Floyd
anomalous cowherd
Anchor
spiritwarrior
burgundia
TRANCOSO
newel
19 posters

WikiLeaks' Afghan War Diary, 2004-2010

mudra
    mudra

WikiLeaks' Afghan War Diary, 2004-2010 - Page 5 Empty Re: WikiLeaks' Afghan War Diary, 2004-2010

Post  mudra Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:51 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS8ChSTxZSI&feature=related

Wikileaks founder Julian Assange just announced that he has a trove of documents revealing unethical behavior at one of the largest banks in the US.
    In an interview with Andy Greenberg of Forbes, Assange declined to name the bank. But he hinted at it's identity. It is one of the biggest banks in the country. It still exists—ruling out Bear Stearns, Merrill Lynch or Lehman Brothers.
    That leaves us with a handful of candidates: Citigroup, JP Morgan Chase, Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Morgan Stanley, and Goldman Sachs.

Assange says he has tens of thousands of documents showing an "ecosystem of corruption." The publication will prompt investigations and reforms, according to Assange.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EVhTNYsd3E&feature=related

Love Always
    mudra
    anomalous cowherd
    anomalous cowherd

WikiLeaks' Afghan War Diary, 2004-2010 - Page 5 Empty Re: WikiLeaks' Afghan War Diary, 2004-2010

Post  anomalous cowherd Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:18 am

Wikisneaks,
    anomalous cowherd
    anomalous cowherd

Post  anomalous cowherd Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:20 am

wikipisstake,
    anomalous cowherd
    anomalous cowherd

Post  anomalous cowherd Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:27 am

wikid- steaming- pile -o-pooh, I'd say our false flag is right here, in the form of Alias Jeans Gun/ Assuage La Jinn/ Nausea Jag Nils... There is NOTHING right about this picture
    anomalous cowherd
    anomalous cowherd

Post  anomalous cowherd Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:35 am

AND it really pisses me off avaaz has taken this up, how many REAL documented issues I have written to them on and not ONE word back, Guess I know who they work for now, thought so . cyclops
    "The truth will always win’ - Julian Assange writes" may he be hoisted by his own petard
    enemyofNWO
    enemyofNWO

Post  enemyofNWO Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:17 am

This article is relevant to the current discussion . An analysis of the Gary McKinnon case and the Assange case ......Something does not compute !

So which of these men is the REAL threat to America?

SNIP
    "Now here’s a question: who has posed a greater threat to American security — the hacker Gary McKinnon or Wikileaks founder Julian Assange, who was yesterday arrested in London in connection with rape and sex assault charges in Sweden?

Mr McKinnon, who is autistic and in a fragile mental state, allegedly hacked into U.S. military and Nasa computers more than eight years ago.

He passed no information to anyone. He published nothing. The United States suffered no damage to its national security from his activities, which involved a search for information about UFOs and little green men."

END SNIP

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1336646/Julian-Assange-Gary-McKinnon-Who-REAL-threat-America.html
    anomalous cowherd
    anomalous cowherd

Post  anomalous cowherd Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:27 am

very interesting that is in The Daily Mail, thanks Enemy, my friend, sunny
    enemyofNWO
    enemyofNWO

Post  enemyofNWO Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:57 am

WikiLeaks ‘struck a deal with Israel’ over diplomatic cables leaks

by LikiWeaks – Indybay.org December 7, 2010

SNIP
    We should obviously all support WikiLeaks and its founder and spokesperson, Julian Assange, who has just been arrested in Britain, in this dirty war by states around the globe against transparency and openness. But in the world of politics, sadly, things are never as innocent as they appear. According to new revelations, Assange had allegedly struck a deal with Israel before the recent ‘cable gate’, which may explain why the leaks “were good for Israel,” as the Israeli prime minister put it.

END SNIP

http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/?p=15770
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:34 am

Very interesting perspectives to take into account AC.

I am for freedom of the press and fully support the first admendment.

I do think this whole bruhaha will be used to help censor the internet.

I don't know if the data from Wikileaks is authentic or being used to manipulate the public.

I do know congress is over-reacting once again rushing out to make new laws that will impact the first admendment.

I don't know if Wikileaks is compromised or being used by other governments - all we have is others opinions = are there facts to substantiate those opinions.

Sad to say we are turning into a people who can't trust anyone other then our own personal self and possibly some family and friends. The US media is controlled - fact. As for the media - perhaps all media is suspect if this type of BS goes on. Sticking to weather reports is more entertaining then watching some man being arrested for not wearing a condom. Unbelievable.

I do think it possible that Wikileaks can be used for a false flag operation and it is somewhat disconcerting that hackers are going after banks (some who do deserve it) and credit card companys (many who do deserve it with their outrageous interests rates). I do see the banking industry getting some major back lash from the public in general, at least in the US. American citizens are in the red zone with banks getting bailouts and then refuse to give loans while bailing out their buddies overseas. This is where the real revolution is taking place. I see a movement.. beginning by moving business away from major banks to credit unions and local banks in protest against being shafted and having to literally pay for the shaft.

In fact, I would encourage Americans to pull their money out of major banking insitutions and go local. Move their money to local credit unions that have a history of good business and let the banksters sit and spin on their own petard.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:59 pm

It may be a set up for further control, it may be run by the CIA , or it may run by the Zionists...
    Will we ever know for sure ? Because we ask ourselves these questions we are left in a state of doubt
    as to the good this will bring to our world .Is this a staged event to bring more censorship over the
    internet or else ? We are watching the show for the outcome to take place thinking that time will tell.
    But there is no show there taking place that we are not participants in.In this plane we are in we are
    constantly baited in making choices between good and bad , to label everything and put a color on it .
    This is part of how it works and is legitimate .
    However when we remain focused in detail we may be loosing sight of the broader picture .
    As I was reflecting on this it became clear to me that we have come a long way .
    What we have known and shared for years in alternative sites and forums is now leaking in main stream
    media. This is an unprecedented event. Around me I see people taking a stand in the name of freedom of speech .
    I was surprised today to receive a mail from one of my friends that is far from alternative forums , asking
    me to sign a petition in support of Wikileaks .
    This is'nt the only petition going around . I have seen others today.
    These are common people waking up to something and I think it's a good sign.
    Today I found the following article written by an Iraqui on the " counter currents " site :
    Iraq- Warlog reflections
    http://www.countercurrents.org/anwar231010.htm
    It just showed me that JA's reports even if understating the truth of what actually took place
    are nevertheless welcomed by the victims of the Iraki plot and constitute an invite for more to be exposed giving
    these people reassurance that their voice may be heard.
    More topics of interest as Banks and UFOs are about to be released .
    We can't lean on one man to expose the truth in matters of political intrigues to the entire planet in one fell swoop.
    That would certainly be too much to handle for those that lived with blinders for so long.
    Coming from one person it would'nt do anyone any good either.
    On the contrary it's up to everyone now to question his own consciousness and put straight what needs to .
    Everyone in his own way on every echelon of the human society from bottom to top.
    I think he punched a hole in the wall of lies and intrigues that surround us and more holes will arise from many
    different places now that the first move has officially set the pace worlwide .
    With this as a catalyst we may well see more people coming to the front now with something genuine to say.
    Think of the tremendous opportunity at hand here for exposure to take place from within and the plate being cleaned ! .
    After all according to Calleman's research on the Mayan Calendar , since the 3rd of november we just entered
    the 7th and last day of the 8th level of the Mayan Calendar.This will last until October 2011 .
    As you probably know the Mayan Calendar is mapping the timeline of the evolution of Consciousness.
    The 8th level begun on january 1999 and deals with Ethics . It will end on March the 8th 2011 marking the beginning
    of the next and final level on March the 9th 2011 that will bring us in the awareness of Conscious co-creation .
    http://www.themistsofavalon.net/spiritual-sanctuary-f10/nexus-meditations-t49-165.htm#26890
    It is no coincidence imo that JA is entering the scene now that we are getting to the close of the 8th level.
    Even if WIkileaks is a staged operation I think it holds nevertheless great potential and that those who would have
    staged it are playing with fire and may very well burn their own hands into it.

It's not what happens that matters but what we do with it Wink
    inspiring clip.
    http://www.personalgrowthcourses.net/video/what_matters_w_mitchell

Love Always
    mudra

burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:57 pm

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:37 pm

Pro-WikiLeaks Group May Attack U.S. Senate Website Next
    DEC 9 2010, 5:22 PM ET13
    After hitting Paypal, Mastercard, and Visa, pro-WikiLeaks forces may hit the United States Senate website with a denial-of-service attack next.

According to a poll set up by the ad-hoc group, Operation Payback, the Senate could be their next target. It leads voting ahead of Re-attacking Mastercard, Re-attacking Visa, Sarah Palin's website, and Authorize.net. Out of a total of 1179 votes cast (as of 5:22 pm), 445 of them went to attacking the Senate website.

This iteration of Operation Payback formed in response to companies like PayPal, Visa, and Mastercard cutting off WikiLeaks from their services. It is composed of members associated through the loose network of people known as Anonymous, which specializes in denial-of-service attacks, among other general mischief. For more on how the group organizes itself, The Economist has a great piece called, "The 24-Hour Athenian Democracy."

It's important to remember that these denial-of-service swarms are not attacks or "hacks" in the sense that they break or break into the computers running a website. Rather, they clog up the pipes leading to the website so that others can't access it. In that sense, they are non-destructive attack. Perhaps the best off-line analog is picketing, although obviously it's hard to do a one-to-one mapping of the digital onto the real.

At least one Dutch teenager has been arrested in recent days in connection with Anonymous' activities.

And for clarity's sake we should also note that Anonymous is not affiliated with WikiLeaks in any way. The latter organization issued a statement neither condoning nor condemning the attacks.

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2010/12/pro-wikileaks-group-may-attack-us-senate-website-next/67808

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:50 am

Julian Assange Could Be Executed If The Espionage Act Could Be Utilized For What He's Done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA5il3rVkg0&feature=youtube_gdata

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:08 am

CONGRESS STEPS UP ACTION AGAINST WIKILEAKS
    by Mickey McCarter
    Friday, 10 December 2010

Rep. Peter King introduces companion bill to SHIELD Act

http://www.hstoday.us/content/view/15708/128/

The incoming chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee Thursday introduced a bill to empower the US Justice Department to crack down on Wikileaks, the online publisher of US secret documents.

Rep. Peter King (R-NY) heralded the SHIELD Act (HR 6506) as a means to make it illegal to publish the names of American intelligence sources who provide information to the US military or intelligence community. The goal of the bill specifically is to criminalize future disclosures by Wikileaks founder Julian Assange or others.

"Julian Assange and his associates who operate and support Wikileaks have not only damaged US national security with their releases of classified documents, but also placed at risk countless lives, including those of our nation's intelligence sources around the world," King said in a statement. "Wikileaks presents a clear and present danger to the national security of the United States, and Julian Assange, an enemy of the United States, should be prosecuted under the Espionage Act. This legislation will give the Attorney General additional tools to do just that."

King previously called Assange, a UK citizen, a terrorist and called upon Attorney General Eric Holder to prosecute him.

The SHIELD Act is a companion bill to a Senate bill introduced Dec. 2 by Sens. Joseph Lieberman (I-Conn.), John Ensign (R-Nev.), and Scott Brown (R-Mass.)., also called the SHIELD (Securing Human Intelligence and Enforcing Lawful Dissemination) Act (S. 4004).

The bills would amend US Code Title 18 Section 798, which is identified as the Espionage Act, to provide legal protections that already apply to communications intelligence to human intelligence sources. The goal, said the senators who sponsor it, is to protect the lives of confidential sources and their families.

In introducing the bill Dec. 2, Ensign blasted the Wikileaks site for endangering the lives of intelligence sources.

"Julian Assange and his cronies, in their effort to hinder our war efforts, are creating a hit list for our enemies by publishing the names of our human intelligence sources," Ensign said in a statement. "Our sources are bravely risking their lives when they stand up against the tyranny of al Qaeda, the Taliban, and murderous regimes, and I simply will not stand idly by as they become death targets because of Julian Assange. Let me be very clear, Wikileaks is not a whistleblower website and Assange is not a journalist."

Lieberman agreed, calling the actions of Wikileaks, which has published confidential communications from the US State Departments and other US agencies, detrimental to US national security.

"Our foreign representatives, allies, and intelligence sources must have the clear assurance that their lives will not be endangered by those with opposing agendas, whether they are Americans or not, and our government must make it clear that revealing the identities of these individuals will not be tolerated. This legislation will help hold people criminally accountable who endanger these sources of information that are vital to protecting our national security interests," Lieberman said in a statement.

Lieberman has himself become a top target of Wikileaks' supporters and the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Web site remained offline at press time as the apparent victim of a massive denial of service attack that made it inaccessible to the public. Lieberman's personal Senate page appeared unaffected.

As one of the first and most outspoken critics of Wikileaks, Lieberman pressed the online retailer Amazon.com to stop hosting the Wikileaks Web site and also has played a part in persuading financial transaction service providers such as Visa and MasterCard to cut off services to Wikileaks.

Lieberman and Sen. Susan Collins, the chair and ranking member respectively of the Senate homeland security committee, praised such companies Thursday for standing up to Wikileaks in the face of distributed denial-of-service attacks from hackers who support the self-described non-profit news organization.

"Companies that are cutting off their services to Wikileaks in the wake of its release of 250,000 stolen and classified State Department cables are doing the right thing as good corporate citizens and deserve the support of the American people," Lieberman and Collins said Thursday. "The Wikileaks data dump has jeopardized US national interests and the lives of intelligence sources around the world.

"This is no time for business as usual. While corporate entities make decisions based on their obligations to their shareholders, sometimes full consideration of those obligations requires them to act as responsible citizens. We offer our admiration and support to those companies exhibiting courage and patriotism as they face down intimidation from hackers sympathetic to Wikileaks' philosophy of irresponsible information dumps for the sake of damaging global relationships," they added.

Love Always
    mudra
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:28 am

http://dig.csail.mit.edu/breadcrumbs/

Net Neutrality: This is serious
    Submitted by timbl on Wed, 2006-06-21 16:35. :: Public Policy and the Web

When I invented the Web, I didn't have to ask anyone's permission. Now, hundreds of millions of people are using it freely. I am worried that that is going end in the USA.

I blogged on net neutrality before, and so did a lot of other people. (see e.g. Danny Weitzner, www.SaveTheInternet.com , etc.) Since then, some telecommunications companies spent a lot of money on public relations and TV ads, and the US House seems to have wavered from the path of preserving net neutrality. There has been some misinformation spread about. So here are some clarifications.

Net neutrality is this:

If I pay to connect to the Net with a certain quality of service, and you pay to connect with that or greater quality of service, then we can communicate at that level.

That's all. Its up to the ISPs to make sure they interoperate so that that happens.

Net Neutrality is NOT asking for the internet for free.

Net Neutrality is NOT saying that one shouldn't pay more money for high quality of service. We always have, and we always will.

There have been suggestions that we don't need legislation because we haven't had it. These are nonsense, because in fact we have had net neutrality in the past -- it is only recently that real explicit threats have occurred.

Control of information is hugely powerful. In the US, the threat is that companies control what I can access for commercial reasons. (In China, control is by the government for political reasons.) There is a very strong short-term incentive for a company to grab control of TV distribution over the Internet even though it is against the long-term interests of the industry.

Yes, regulation to keep the Internet open is regulation. And mostly, the Internet thrives on lack of regulation. But some basic values have to be preserved. For example, the market system depends on the rule that you can't photocopy money. Democracy depends on freedom of speech. Freedom of connection, with any application, to any party, is the fundamental social basis of the Internet, and, now, the society based on it.

Let's see whether the United States is capable as acting according to its important values, or whether it is, as so many people are saying, run by the misguided short-term interested of large corporations.

I hope that Congress can protect net neutrality, so I can continue to innovate in the internet space. I want to see the explosion of innovations happening out there on the Web, so diverse and so exciting, continue unabated.

Thom's blog
    Net Neutrality Attack!
    You need to know this. We are now seeing the second attack on net neutrality from the same company - Comcast. Level 3 Communications - an Internet company that carries Netflix's streaming movie service - was hit with what it called an unfair fee by Comcast for sending data across the Internet.
    Thomas Stortz - Level 3's chief legal officer said - "Comcast is effectively putting up a toll booth at the borders of its broadband Internet access network." If so - this would go directly against the FCC's rule preventing Internet Service Providers from deciding on which type of web traffic they want to administer. It would also prove the lie of those who say the Internet is still free and wide-open and therefore legislation and government oversight is not needed. With Comcast on the verge of receiving federal approval to buyout NBC - we could see an avalanche of restrictions placed on Internet data by Comcast. If Comcast isn't stopped soon and suddenly by Congress or the Obama Administration, free and open Internet may be a thing of the past.

-Thom

enemyofNWO
    enemyofNWO

Post  enemyofNWO Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:42 am

Julian Assange was a guest of the US embassy in Iceland . He attended a cocktail party .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/wikileaks/8197890/Julian-Assange-wined-and-dined-at-US-Embassy.html
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:56 am

Just in case you missed this in the other thread.

Problems with the Espionage Act
    by Benjamin Wittes

Amid the proliferating cries for prosecuting Julian Assange and shutting down Wikileaks–an undertaking for which, I should note, I harbor no small sympathy–a few people have noted that the Espionage Act has, well, some problems as a legal instrument for the project. As Josh Gerstein’s story in the Politico notes, the First Amendment would have something–nobody is quite sure what–to say about a prosecution of something kind of like a media organization for the dissemination of something kind of like news. What’s more, the law is very old–World War I era–and very vague.

The law also has two additional problems that receive relatively little attention but which are important in contemplating its use. The first is that it contains no limiting principle in its apparent criminalization of secondary transmissions of proscribed material. The relevant section, 18 U.S.C. 793 (e), reads:

Whoever having unauthorized possession of, access to, or control over any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, or note relating to the national defense, or information relating to the national defense which information the possessor has reason to believe could be used to the injury of the United States or to the advantage of any foreign nation, willfully communicates, delivers, transmits or causes to be communicated, delivered, or transmitted, or attempts to communicate, deliver, transmit or cause to be communicated, delivered, or transmitted the same to any person not entitled to receive it, or willfully retains the same and fails to deliver it to the officer or employee of the United States entitled to receive it . . . shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

By its terms, it criminalizes not merely the disclosure of national defense information by organizations such as Wikileaks, but also the reporting on that information by countless news organizations. It also criminalizes all casual discussions of such disclosures by persons not authorized to receive them to other persons not authorized to receive them–in other words, all tweets sending around those countless news stories, all blogging on them, and all dinner party conversations about their contents. Taken at its word, the Espionage Act makes felons of us all. As long as this deficiency remains, it will be a poor instrument against an outlet like Wikileaks, precisely because there will be no way in principle to distinguish between the prosecution of Assange and the prosecution of just about anyone else–from the New York Times to the guy on the street who reads the newspaper and talks about it. That will make Espionage Act prosecutions seem like far more of a menace to legitimate speech than would a prosecution under a better-drawn law. There are ways to fix this problem–an intent element and a clear limitation to material not already made public would be a start–but as long as it goes unfixed, I oppose any prosecutions under it for secondary transmissions. (Contrast the Espionage Act on these points with the law protecting intelligence agents’ identities, 50 U.S.C. 421, and the law protecting cryptographic systems, 18 U.S.C. 798)

The second problem is that the statute, by its clear terms, does not cover the overwhelming bulk of the material that Wikileaks disclosed. The Espionage Act is not a general bar against leaking or publishing classified information. It covers only material “relating to the national defense.” There are, no doubt, some diplomatic cables that “relate to the national defense”–a term without a great deal of interpretive history of which I am aware–but most of them clearly do not. Qaddafi’s personal habits and buxom attendant? Not even close, in my opinion. Medvedev’s and Putin’s Batman and Robin routine? Simply not plausibly within the ambit of the statute’s language. Even the desire of Arab states to see the U.S. deal with Iran may be a bit of a stretch. After all, their point relates not to our national defense but to their own. I don’t doubt that there are any number of cables that prosecutors might contend fit under this statute, but it would be a contested question in any prosecution, and the universe of viable cases under the Espionage Act seems to me far narrower than those clamoring for a Wikileaks prosecution probably imagine. I also suspect that if a case does materialize, the earlier leaks of Defense Department material–which, as a group, relate to the national defense much less ambiguously than do State Department cables–probably provide more fertile opportunities than do the State Department cables.

http://www.lawfareblog.com/2010/12/problems-with-the-espionage-act/

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:47 am

WikiLeaks Congressional Hearing Set for Dec. 16
    WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange

The House Judiciary Committee will hold a Dec. 16 hearing on the potential application of U.S. espionage laws in relation to WikiLeaks, the committee announced on Friday, marking the first such hearing to address the website's recent release of classified U.S. diplomatic cables.

The meeting, officially entitled the "Hearing on the Espionage Act and the Legal and Constitutional Issues Raised by WikiLeaks," will address how espionage laws can be updated and effectively implemented in the digital era, MSNBC reports.

As WikiLeaks continues to release thousands of classified U.S. documents, the American government has wrestled with finding an effective and legal means of prosecution - particularly as the espionage laws, which were passed under the Espionage Act in 1917, have few contingencies for dealing with the complex, quickly-evolving nature of contemporary digital security threats.

http://www.opednews.com/populum/linkframe.php?linkid=123501

Love Always
    mudra
    enemyofNWO
    enemyofNWO

WikiLeaks' Afghan War Diary, 2004-2010 - Page 5 Empty Wiki-Warning – Little Green Men coming

Post  enemyofNWO Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:33 am

Wiki-Warning – Little Green Men coming

SNIP
    THE WIKI-RUMOR, WIKI-BLACKMAIL

These stories, true or not, national secrets or conspiracy theory of such power and breadth as to become a major cultural phenomena, are old news, long debunked by “debunkers” long proven to be unreliable, untruthful and untrustworthy. Welcome to uncertainty.

Where there is uncertainty, there is also something to hide. The rumor wouldn’t be “out there” unless it had power of some kind. Accept the fact that something startling may or may not be released to the public, depending on whether some agenda of Wikileaks or Wikileaks and Israel, is met.

Can America’s UFO secrets force an attack on Iran? This is the kind of game that could be played here.

END SNIP

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/12/16/gordon-duff-wiki-warning-little-green-men-coming/

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:12 am