tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+11
Aquaries1111
devakas
Sanicle
TRANCOSO
Jenetta
magamud
Floyd
CetaceousOne
Carol
THEeXchanger
mudra
15 posters

A question for Mercuriel

mudra
    mudra

A question for Mercuriel  Empty A question for Mercuriel

Post  mudra Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:48 pm

I just noticed we have 1090 members and yet so few people posting here.
    I have been wondering if this isn't due to the time people have to wait between subscription to our forum and the moment they are actually able to post.
    If I remember well a newcomer mentioned there was a delay of a few days at least for ability to post videos.
    Can this span of time be reduced ? I never encountered that problem myself but things may have changed since I subscribed.
    I know you are away at the moment Mercuriel but I just put this down as a note before I forget about it Wink

Love from me
    mudra
    THEeXchanger
    THEeXchanger

A question for Mercuriel  Empty Re: A question for Mercuriel

Post  THEeXchanger Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:37 am

i've invited quite a few people
    - they claim, they never rec'd a link to activate ?

maybe; you should send 'one' general email to everyone

that maybe includes the top 100 posts by subject ?

just an idea

thank you
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:51 am

mudra wrote:I just noticed we have 1090 members and yet so few people posting here.
    I have been wondering if this isn't due to the time people have to wait between subscription to our forum and the moment they are actually able to post.
    If I remember well a newcomer mentioned there was a delay of a few days at least for ability to post videos.
    Can this span of time be reduced ? I never encountered that problem myself but things may have changed since I subscribed.
    I know you are away at the moment Mercuriel but I just put this down as a note before I forget about it Wink

Love from me
    mudra
    Almost anyone who wants to become a member is automatically registered. A few may have to wait a day or two for me to activate them but I think most folks enjoy reading. Also, someone has to be a member for about 48 hours before they get to use all of the site's facilities.

Susan, Mercuriel is still on vacation and won't be back at the forum until the end of the month.

I'd also like to add that I sometimes spend time at another forum with well over 17k members..there can be well over a thousand members on line and only a few participate there as well... also saw this trend elsewhere too. It seems we are the intel gathers.. and the others come to read. flower 

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    CetaceousOne
    CetaceousOne

Post  CetaceousOne Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:36 pm

It seems we are the intel gathers.. and the others come to read.
    Hi Carol and Mudra.

Yes - this is true for me.

I usually just  lurk, but most days I am here checking in
    and occasionally put my two cents in.

These days I am caught up in working full time, taking care of our home, and
    try to make the most of life-such as it is.

These things have become a sidebar of sorts. But still, are a part of me.

Sincerely,

C1

*edit : Thank you for keeping The Mists alive for people like me. Surprised 
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:50 pm

Thank You Carol.
    I thought the delay to being able to post was longer that.
    Considering the number hits on our pages I believe we are read by many.

Love from me
    mudra
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:52 am

I think people are waking up to the dubious and often poltically motivated origin of many conspiracy theories. In this sense I would view any decline in interest as a positive.

There is still some useful information here and there but not much.

Most of the work is done in the real world.

Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:08 am

Another factor in the numeric decline in forums could be that, dare I say it, many of our special bretheren have ascended and are no longer with us.
    Anyone had a post card yet?
    magamud
    magamud

Post  magamud Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:56 am

Floyd your such a tool. Your perspective has moved into Bot territory. Dont let anyone out of the Cave?

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:44 am

Floyd wrote:I think people are waking up to the dubious and often poltically motivated origin of many conspiracy theories. In this sense I would view any decline in interest  as a positive.

What may be of little interest to you may harvest great interest from others Floyd.
    `
    This is something I discovered on a personal basis at a time where I was painting a lot.
    One of my paintings did'nt please me at all and I kept thinking that one was a true failure
    until one day a friend came over and asked to see my stuff.
    It completely baffled me when I heard her say that the one painting I didn' t like was her
    favourite.
    Later I made an exhibition and I was surprised again that the people who bought some of
    my work all were attracted by a different piece.
    What a lesson in humility that was for me.

What would the world feel like if only one brand of tree, one type of plant, one type of flower ,
    one type of animal , one type of man , one type of cloud , one type of river, one type of mountain...
    grew here ? If you yourself would only be surrounded by Floyds ?

Our differences when we let them trigger our Heart allow for some alchemical process to take place
    that creates bridges between the otherwise seeming separate parts.
    When these bridges are built balance is restored and beauty arises.

You may follow perfectly all the steps of a recipe and end up with a decent meal.
    But what will make it outstanding even if it is a simple apple shared with you by another is Love.
    This I have experienced too.

Love from me
    mudra

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:44 pm

Very nicely stated mudra Hadriel 

Jenetta
    Jenetta

A question for Mercuriel  Empty Re: A Question For Mercuriel

Post  Jenetta Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:12 am

[quote="Floyd"]I think people are waking up to the dubious and often poltically motivated origin of many conspiracy theories. In this sense I would view any decline in interest  as a positive.

One person's "juice" is the other person's poison.Rolling Eyes 

Jenneta
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:40 pm

For every wise word spent in a forum is an action wasted in the work of action or karma
    Thats what I find. Yet another pointless deed without substance.
    Harsh I know.
    In other words . Get of your arse and do something. :-)
    Jenetta
    Jenetta

A question for Mercuriel  Empty Re: A Question For Mercuriel

Post  Jenetta Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:54 pm

Floyd wrote:For every wise word spent in a forum is an action wasted in the work of action or karma
    Harsh I know.

You really got a problem "buster boy"...you have no idea what I'm doing or anybody else for that matter...now could you zipper that nasty mouth of yours?

Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:58 pm

https://www.youtube.com/embed/xKy2lLNQYrI?rel=0
    Just for you Paul
    something to cool off with after blowing all that smoke up your arse

TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:20 pm

Floyd wrote:For every wise word spent in a forum is an action wasted in the work of action or karma
    Harsh I know.
    Words of wisdom FLloyd, words of wisdom!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxoMqs7iGqk

And yet...

I had this really ambitious plan to join - and write a story about - the crew of that Greenpeace ship that has been seized by the Russians, a fourth night ago.

Until I realized that perhaps this was a bit of an overambitious plan, given the fact that I profoundly dislike boats & water, I backed down - just in the nick of time.

So I sat on my ass, and the same night that Greenpeace ship was seized by the Russian authorities, and the crew was charged with piracy, out of the blue a publishing deal for the sequel of my first novel, fell into my lap.

Hmmm Beer

NB: Don't get me wrong, from the heroic point of view Russia could have been beneficial for my pr, yet writing stories that make people smile from a Russian jail... Question
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:33 am

Harsh I know.
    Loyd Floyd you invited us here friend.

This place I find is a football field at times, a kindergarden, it's fantasy land, a recreation place.

It's a serious library too, a study room, a place to ponder about life, humanity and it's relation to Gaia and the cosmos.
    A place to raise questions and find answers on multiple topics.

It's a place where Heart moves up and down and up again.

But finally it's a gathering of beings moved by a common dream of a better world I found, who despite their differences love one another. We could as well plant potatoes together and dance while doing so on Lord Trancoso's music (you would love that I know ) but we are so far apart that we can't do that so we come here around our campfire to share our stories some of them serious, some of them wild, some of them crazy, some of them inspiring ... the old good story tale book you know.

Love for You
    mudra
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:40 am

Maybe we should have named this forum "Talkstory" which is a term the islanders use here all the time when sharing about what is going on in their lives.

Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:06 am

Harsh I know.
    And here's another view for you Floyd.

You don't really believe that 'karma' is only related to physical action do you?  I (and most others I'm sure) believe it comes about as a result of thoughts and feelings sent out also, with heart-based karma being the most important of all.  There is, therefore, a lot of good karma being generated by those who post on this site.  

IMO sharing thoughts and feelings, of ourselves and others, that we think is worthwhile for our friends to hear and mull over, and perhaps even help and protect them in the future, is very worthy action, thus good karma.  Even more so is responding to those who post here in a caring way.  I'm sure there are many whose lives have been changed for the better as a result of being given heartfelt, loving responses to some of the opinions they've taken the time to share here in the hope for understanding and learning more about this life we live through gaining another perspective on an issue.  Energy is also sent with heartfelt thoughts shared.  Can't you feel it when it comes your way?

Naturally commenting in belittling, sarcastic or other negative ways, would also create karma for the one so posting. But the rest of us learn a lot about the heart and mind of those who do such, so none of the lessons are wasted. Maybe such people truly believe they are helping in their own inimitable way.

I hope you enjoy your activities out in the world Floyd as you don't seem to enjoy much when you come here to share with us.  Or do you? I don't know you but you come across to me as a very clever but angry young man, frustrated with those who don't agree with your views and happy to take the mickey out of them to alleviate those frustrations. No doubt you disagree with those perceptions but it doesn't really matter what I think, does it. And I'm going to send you a hug anyway, as it saddens me.

Hugs 
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:14 am

Sanicle wrote:
    Harsh I know.

You don't really believe that 'karma' is only related to physical action do you?  I (and most others I'm sure) believe it comes about as a result of thoughts and feelings sent out also, with heart-based karma being the most important of all.  There is, therefore, a lot of good karma being generated by those who post on this site.  

IMO sharing thoughts and feelings, of ourselves and others, that we think is worthwhile for our friends to hear and mull over, and perhaps even help and protect them in the future, is very worthy action, thus good karma.  Even more so is responding to those who post here in a caring way.  I'm sure there are many whose lives have been changed for the better as a result of being given heartfelt, loving responses to some of the opinions they've taken the time to share here in the hope for understanding and learning more about this life we live through gaining another perspective on an issue.  Energy is also sent with heartfelt thoughts shared.  Can't you feel it when it comes your way?

Hugs 
    You spoke so wisely Sanicle.
    I smile as your words are so true.
    And you for one are a great source of compassion and empathy here.
    Thank you for being You.
    You lifted me up more than once my friend.

Love for You
    mudra

Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:56 am

mudra wrote:
    And you for one are a great source of compassion and empathy here.
    Thank you for being You.
    You lifted me up more than once my friend.

And you have very much done the same for me my friend, and truly have changed my life for the better.  I remember when I first joined up here, how dark my world had become, seemingly filled with scorn.  You and a few others here really were a shining light to me and, with your continued support over the years, life has gotten better and better.  It's so true when you say.........
    mudra wrote: we are so far apart that we can't do that so we come here around our campfire to share our stories
    ............and I will be forever grateful for the Mists.

And thank you Floyd for apparently being the one to make that possible by starting the Mists.

Lawless The Karen Lawless
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:27 pm

hypocrisy rules human heart. mental lust. to satisfy false ego.

namaste
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:43 pm

Floyd wrote:I think people are waking up to the dubious and often poltically motivated origin of many conspiracy theories. In this sense I would view any decline in interest  as a positive.

I agree.  human mind is so disturbed that people live in mind speculations  about 60%.  things will happen or things will not happen, projecting, guessing  daily speculation of mind is the life people mind lives in.  20% or so mind lives influenced by others, people, media.. 12 % people's mind lives in past, holding on past strongly or building future, it  will happened or not.  So about only 8% we live in reality.

Kali smiles as she will give everybody what they want, it is her job. to stay in ignorance for ever.
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:45 pm

mudra wrote:

What may be of little interest to you may harvest great interest from others Floyd.
    `
    This is something I discovered on a personal basis at a time where I was painting a lot.
    One of my paintings did'nt please me at all and I kept thinking that one was a true failure
    until one day a friend came over and asked to see my stuff.
    It completely baffled me when I heard her say that the one painting I didn' t like was her
    favourite.
    Later I made an exhibition and I was surprised again that the people who bought some of
    my work all were attracted by a different piece.
    What a lesson in humility that was for me.

What would the world feel like if only one brand of tree, one type of plant, one type of flower ,
    one type of animal , one type of man , one type of cloud , one type of river, one type of mountain...
    grew here ? If you yourself would only be surrounded by Floyds ?

Our differences  when we let them trigger our Heart allow for some alchemical process to take place
    that creates bridges between the otherwise seeming separate parts.
    When these bridges are built balance is restored and beauty arises.

You may follow perfectly all the steps of a recipe and end up with a decent meal.
    But what will make it outstanding even if it is a simple apple shared with you by another is Love.
    This I have experienced too.

Love from me
    mudra

ego is strong. you are right mudra, I just thought about 'garage sale' popular in US. people sell in garage what they not need, and there are always who buy, this is why garage sale is popular. you are right.
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:11 pm

Sanicle wrote:
    Harsh I know.

Naturally commenting in belittling, sarcastic or other negative ways, would also create karma for the one so posting. But the rest of us learn a lot about the heart and mind of those who do such, so none of the lessons are wasted.  Maybe such people truly believe they are helping in their own inimitable way.

I hope you enjoy your activities out in the world Floyd as you don't seem to enjoy much when you come here to share with us.  Or do you?  I don't know you but you come across to me as a very clever but angry young man, frustrated with those who don't agree with your views and happy to take the mickey out of them to alleviate those frustrations.  No doubt you disagree with those perceptions but it doesn't really matter what I think, does it.  And I'm going to send you a hug anyway, as it saddens me.  

Hugs 
    :)  very 'interesting' your thought about karma meaning.  hypocrisy if very bad karma. anything what satisfies lies, mental lust, being not truthful and etc.

karma for example is very bad for meat eaters as they participate in animal killing of innocent consciousness experience who are also as you say spirit, in knowing also, having soul also, ant it is just to satisfy meat eater desires is bad karma. it is destruction. working for destruction, participating in destruction.  Bad karma is to know the truth and hide it.  (crazzzzzy should be advised as young person not to take mushrooms).  why mists are blind? maybe Floyd is right by saying sweet evil also exists.
    You spoke about tree spirit, photoshopped images.  how about animals?  do people speak with animal spirits before they eat them?  do they hear what they say? I am just asking. Do animals have right, do they have karma? just asking.

when we had temporary forum mudra advised me to stop posting about vedas, now I was surprised how you mudra talk about inviting everybody and just blamed Floyd for that :). I maybe misunderstood, or ignored your not welcome message to me.  

bottom line when we do not know whom we serving, we serving to satisfy our false ego and this it just waste of time.  emotional lust.

I would suggest to close this forum people may move to thubans.  as it seems thubans copying everything here.
    maybe to close the forum and leave one thread where animals are slaughtered.
    I agree Floyd it is waste of precious live while living in mind lust most.

wake up is really hard thing,  to wake up genuine love in heart when so much mind disturbance in self hypnotizing people living in illusion.

nonsense is not healthy for any human who does not know what is karma, what is dharma, what is false ego.

Last edited by devakas on Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:19 pm

there are too many who speak one, think different and behave in third way.  so much off in all levels, from world rulers to each person...

welcome in grand Kali yuga.  Building bridges with false ego is not the way to live,  True balance is not the balancing between bad and good,  we become corrupted that way.  the true balance when a person speaks the same, as he acts and what he thinks is in one line, and when he sticks with those principals.
    compassion is possible when knowing only highest truth. otherwise there are solders who are walking in the middle of village by killing innocent and thinking about compassion to save others.
    devakas

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:50 pm