tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

3 posters

Subscribed Thread e-mail notifications

Bobbie
    Bobbie

Subscribed Thread e-mail notifications Empty Subscribed Thread e-mail notifications

Post  Bobbie Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:42 am

Yet again I am not receiving any notification by e-mail on subscribed threads. At first I got a few then it has stopped all together. I haven't changed any settings but must admit I haven't gone back in to see if they were changed due to a glitch of some kind. But it's curious that at first I got a few from this new format but then it stopped. Am I the only one having the problem? They are such a time saver because it keeps me from having to hunt down posts of interest in order to reply. I appreciate any time you can devote to this - I know how limited and free it is so know that I'm not trying to bug you but if there is something that could be done I would greatly appreciate it. Many thanks. It's just so frustrating. Subscribed Thread e-mail notifications 364319
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Subscribed Thread e-mail notifications Empty Re: Subscribed Thread e-mail notifications

Post  Carol Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:56 am

Hi Bobbie, I'm not sure what the problem is as I get EVERYTHING via email from here ~ so the problem isn't this forum. Each thread you post at lets you choose if you want to be notified or not. Have you checked your private settings?
    Bobbie
    Bobbie

Subscribed Thread e-mail notifications Empty Re: Subscribed Thread e-mail notifications

Post  Bobbie Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:27 am

I'm going to change my e-mail address and see if that works. Maybe my ISP won't let the messages through because of security settings (though I haven't changed them since I first got the first few e-mails). My settings on the forum are good. It's baffling to me. I've got a laundry list of subscribed threads and they are listed as such but still no e-mails. Weird - so I'll try another e-mail. Thanks. Subscribed Thread e-mail notifications 374937

Carol wrote:Hi Bobbie, I'm not sure what the problem is as I get EVERYTHING via email from here ~ so the problem isn't this forum. Each thread you post at lets you choose if you want to be notified or not. Have you checked your private settings?
    Bobbie
    Bobbie

Subscribed Thread e-mail notifications Empty Miss Aggravation

Post  Bobbie Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:32 am

Ok here I am again - Miss Aggravation - changing my e-mail failed - I can't see how to do it. I went into profile and don't see a place to change it. Do I need to PM a Mod with the new address to change it? Thanks.
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Subscribed Thread e-mail notifications Empty Uhhhmmm.

Post  Mercuriel Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:47 pm

Having Allow members to contact me by email : set to "No" may do It though. The Forum as Admin is the Entity that would Email You and with It being set to 'No" - It can't...

Select "VIA Contact Email Client" in Your Profile under Prefs and You should be good to go...

Wink

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:48 pm

BTW - I just checked and You have it set to "No"...

Wink

Bobbie
    Bobbie

Post  Bobbie Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:09 pm

Thanks - I've changed it. I hope I picked the right one because there were two choices other than "NO".
    Mercuriel wrote:BTW - I just checked and You have it set to "No"...

Wink
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:11 pm

Bobbie wrote:Thanks - I've changed it. I hope I picked the right one because there were two choices other than "NO".

Wink

VIA Contact Email Client

Bobbie
    Bobbie

Post  Bobbie Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:39 pm

I should have gotten something by now because I checked my subscribed list and there have been post made since I made the change.....but haven't gotten any notifications so let me try changing my e-mail address - how do I do that please?

Mercuriel wrote:
    Bobbie wrote:Thanks - I've changed it. I hope I picked the right one because there were two choices other than "NO".

Wink

VIA Contact Email Client
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:45 pm

Bobbie
    Bobbie

Subscribed Thread e-mail notifications Empty Mercuriel - Attention Please

Post  Bobbie Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:31 am

Thanks very much for the link but this isn't my issue. Please check your PM box for a message from me that I sent some days ago requesting for the second time that you change my e-main address to jetmissions@yahoo.com Please let me know if and when you can do this.

Many thanks.

Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:46 pm

You may want to look down the PM Block You and I have about this. I already replied to You on Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 19:07 - But if You think I've forgotten about You - I'll quote it here...

I apologize as I totally forgot to reply to You as I was dealing with another Member for most of the day yesterday.

At any rate - I checked Your Email Addy and its as You'd set, and gave Me the New Address for. That said - I'm still trying to figure it out as I'm getting Emails for the Topics I'm watching and so are others...

I'm working on It though and again I apolgize for not getting back to You with whats up with this. I'm still trying to figure it out and was waiting to reply until then but I now see that this was not desirable for You as You'd be wondering if Your request had been fulfilled. That said - It has.

I will report to You over the next couple of days with what I find out about this Email Glitch You seem to be experiencing.

Wink

The above stated - I'm still trying to figure it out as I get them and so do others. This is looking more and more to Me like its just the Host and the Database We're using. No worries though as I haven't given up by any means its just that You gotta understand - I work too and then come home and sit there all night with You all...

In fact - I'm at XXXX now and I can't dedicate the time I can when I am at home so I'm working on It but You'll have to be patient.

Bobbie
    Bobbie

Post  Bobbie Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:38 pm

Mercuriel wrote:You may want to look down the PM Block You and I have about this. I already replied to You on Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 19:07 - But if You think I've forgotten about You - I'll quote it here...

I apologize as I totally forgot to reply to You as I was dealing with another Member for most of the day yesterday.

At any rate - I checked Your Email Addy and its as You'd set, and gave Me the New Address for. That said - I'm still trying to figure it out as I'm getting Emails for the Topics I'm watching and so are others...

I'm working on It though and again I apolgize for not getting back to You with whats up with this. I'm still trying to figure it out and was waiting to reply until then but I now see that this was not desirable for You as You'd be wondering if Your request had been fulfilled. That said - It has.

I will report to You over the next couple of days with what I find out about this Email Glitch You seem to be experiencing.

Wink

The above stated - I'm still trying to figure it out as I get them and so do others. This is looking more and more to Me like its just the Host and the Database We're using. No worries though as I haven't given up by any means its just that You gotta understand - I work too and then come home and sit there all night with You all...

In fact - I'm at XXXX now and I can't dedicate the time I can when I am at home so I'm working on It but You'll have to be patient.

Last edited by Bobbie on Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : deleted post - see corrected post below - somehow it got fowled up.)
    Bobbie
    Bobbie

Post  Bobbie Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:39 pm

I got all that and thank you but I just checked 5 seconds ago and my
    profile e-mail is not set for the yahoo one. I'll just not say another
    word until we move and maybe it will straighten itself out. I'm sorry
    to be a bother. Sometimes a mis-communication can result in
    frustrations on both ends. When I just checked my profile, it does look
    like I can just type in a new e-mail address so I'll try that,
    otherwise I won't bring it up again. Thanks, and I really am sorry to
    be such a pest. I, for sure, don't want to be on your sh*tlist. Subscribed Thread e-mail notifications Icon_sunny

Mercuriel wrote:You may want to look down the PM Block You and I have about this. I already replied to You on Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 19:07 - But if You think I've forgotten about You - I'll quote it here...

Wink

Bobbie
    Bobbie

Post  Bobbie Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:43 pm

NOPE - that didn't work (trying to type in a new e-mail address in my profile, that is) so I'll just wait until we move to see what happens.
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:46 pm

Not a Problem. I set it so Members can change it Themselves after Your first request and when I look at It - Its the Email Adress You gave Me that You wanted It changed to. I even went in to change it two days ago and It was as You'd stated You wanted It.

Hmmm...

Now I'm really scratching My head.

scratch

Give Me four hours to get Home and then get on and look at It. I'll devote Myself to that tonight Bobbie - Bank on that but right now - Where I am - I have to go and earn the Bacon so to speak so I'll be back on later to tackle It.

Wink

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:15 am