tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

5 posters

Oil Company Propaganda

Floyd
    Floyd

Oil Company Propaganda Empty Oil Company Propaganda

Post  Floyd Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:25 am

Big Pharma
    Big Tobacco
    Big Arms
    Big Guns
    Big Food
    Big Money
    Big Oil
    Big War

Featuring Ronald Reagan
    Floyd
    Floyd

Oil Company Propaganda Empty Re: Oil Company Propaganda

Post  Floyd Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:25 am

Of course these jokers are not the only clowns infesting US campuses.
    eMonkey
    eMonkey

Post  eMonkey Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:20 am

Ya missed one..

Big Religion..

Ok, I invented that.. you heard it here first..
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:50 am

eMonkey wrote:Ya missed one..

Big Religion..

Ok, I invented that.. you heard it here first..
    Indeed.
    Religion though is altogether a different beast but... as you rightly point out, no less influential than the controlling entities mentioned above.
    Just think for a moment how many religions teach their followers that someone is going to come down from the skies, or heavens (albeit in various formats, depends on the archetype and myth employed) and help us.
    Its that ol' chestnut... The donkey and the carrot scenario.

Quite right though emonkey. All part of the same matrix of control. Oil propaganda being one of the worst of course.
    magamud
    magamud

Post  magamud Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:50 pm

"and help us."
    Thats not it Floyd.  Were in part of it.  So this then becomes basic awareness of reality.  Any true passion in this area is to acknowledge its life.  You just dont want to extrapolate it because there is no proof for you.  So you condemn it because its a threat to your view of reality.  I dont give a shite if you dont believe in it.  I dont give a shite if you dont want to think on it.  But this information is so dangerous you dont even want to be open minded to it, less you even know how.

So you character assassinate it and associate it with a Con job.  
    Whose the con artist?
    eMonkey
    eMonkey

Post  eMonkey Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:43 am

magamud wrote:"and help us."
    Thats not it Floyd.  Were in part of it.  So this then becomes basic awareness of reality.  Any true passion in this area is to acknowledge its life.  You just dont want to extrapolate it because there is no proof for you.  So you condemn it because its a threat to your view of reality.  I dont give a shite if you dont believe in it.  I dont give a shite if you dont want to think on it.  But this information is so dangerous you dont even want to be open minded to it, less you even know how.

So you character assassinate it and associate it with a Con job.  
    Whose the con artist?

Yawn....
    We're all entitled to opinion Wink 

But what are you "Shyting" on about? Your expletives and anger are destroying your message.
    How can we take something home from it?
    magamud
    magamud

Post  magamud Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:31 am

Im glad you agree we can have opinions Emoney and dont confuse my passion with anger.

The contrast of the discussion is fascism, but more to the point on a new religion of atheism and new agism destroying Gods law in general.  Or it can be about Floyd just making gigantic sweeping generalizations discrediting platitudes and not thinking he will get any counter.  Nor does most anyone give him one here.  Nor at times is it supported to give him one hear.  So in other words i could just be throwing a rock in a glass lake and seeing if anyone gets pissed that their reflection is getting disturbed.  Or im just making conversation.
    eMonkey
    eMonkey

Post  eMonkey Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:17 am

Well, whatever you think of Floyd is fine by me.. And I think Floyd.

Here's why.. (NOTE - I'M NOT DEFENDING FLOYD, he can do a better job at his own defence than I, rather I would like to shine a different light on this)
    If it was not for Floyd and a few others, we would not have the mists.
    It is his and the free thinking of others and the analysis of the mind controlled "Big Conspiracy" at P.C. and P.A. that brought all this about. He knew something was very wrong and here we now have a platform where we can speak or minds without fear of being banned - within reason. So for me, his actions lie bigger than his words.. So I would consider holding back a little when you look at his logic and thought processes..

You are focusing on one part of his psyche and blowing it up.. Anyone can be a protagonist I guess, and it's their choice. It is our choice whether we listen or not.. You can deduce whether or not someone is a dis-info artist for yourself without following the crowd whichever direction the stampede is going. As long as it is decent, then there is here, a platform for that. We are on all on a journey of learning and understanding. What if some (or all) of what he or I, says is true? Should we then dismiss all anyone says because a member objects..

What resonates with some, may not with others.. It's just another viewpoint.
    I quite enjoy some of the differing views of people here. It's what makes the world go around.

Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:56 am

eMonkey wrote:Well, whatever you think of Floyd is fine by me.. And I think Floyd.

Here's why.. (NOTE - I'M NOT DEFENDING FLOYD, he can do a better job at his own defence than I, rather I would like to shine a different light on this)
    If it was not for Floyd and a few others, we would not have the mists.
    It is his and the free thinking of others and the analysis of the mind controlled "Big Conspiracy" at P.C. and P.A. that brought all this about. He knew something

Its quite alright emonkey. The clown you are addressing is just one of those sad little individuals who spends time on all avalonian related forums that you can think of attempting to be interesting. I even think he joined that abortion created by the so called 18 to stick his oar in there.
    What he needs are big fat sloppy kisses and lots of love. Such a cute little thing with too much time on his hands. But you know some people do that kind of XXXX for a living. Sad.
    Love and peace
    eMonkey
    eMonkey

Post  eMonkey Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:21 am

Floyd wrote:
    Its quite alright emonkey. The clown you are addressing is just one of those sad little individuals who spends time on all avalonian related forums that you can think of attempting to be interesting. I even think he joined that abortion created by the so called 18 to stick his oar in there.
    What he needs are big fat sloppy kisses and lots of love. Such a cute little thing with too much time on his hands. But you know some people do that kind of XXXX for a living. Sad.
    Love and peace

Hmmm, I wish I'd not read that..

I don't know where megamud goes or what he/she does.. since I don't stray out of the mists.. Frankly it's none of my business.. I'd rather not take sides in this debate.

All people have innate abilities and I wish everyone could use them in universal or service to others rather being self serving.. Not that I attribute this last part to any one here in particular.

Live and let live.
    Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:32 am

Magamud is not a clown.  Nor a sad little individual. Such a cute little thing??? He is a member of the Mists which is not debatable. Period.

He also plays some pretty sexy skins...(drums!)

Lmfao 

Magamud....do you work out?

magamud
    magamud

Post  magamud Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:38 pm

With a little work I can get my hair like frenchy...afro

Poor Dr. Floyd. Hes one of these assholes with a high IQ that leaches off peoples imaginations that are trying to break free from the matrix. There is usually one on everyone of these boards. And most of the time they take them over by bullying their pragmatism and atheist science on initiates learning about occultism. God forbid we let anyone try to fly out of the nest. Or they drive out the elder romanticist who have forged their quantum intention for themselves and are trying to share their knowledge to the public. Well your shite aint happening on this board Floyd. You can try your trojan horses and dress up as a greek bearing gifts, but your disposition reeks of fascism. Your to arrogant and self confident to even receive any new information, because you know everything. Kind of like the Technocracy our planet is currently going through.

My advice, stick to playing music, comment on soccer and keep with the tangible oppressions that plague us.
    eMonkey
    eMonkey

Post  eMonkey Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:12 pm

I declare this discussion pointless.
    ZZZZZzzzzzz.....

magamud
    magamud

Post  magamud Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:51 pm

The state of the world is addicted to old ideas.  We just cant break out of the paradigm.  All these wars over resources that we dont even need, that are destroying the planet no less.  We just could solar power everything if we really gave a shite about our planet and species.  I mean really, were still using steam to power electricity?  Nuclear waste that if we do not cease now will be our undoing.  I guess our species really is just a virus.  Were planning on just hopping across the galaxy killing planets?  And there going to program humanity to do this through eugenics?  Through Conning Humanity?  

These old ideas with old money own every political body and every corporate monster with its mindless hoarded masses.  They are going to keep us plundering ourselves through our lack of consciousness on who we are!  They do this by supporting the old way and destroying the new way!  Everything is to keep us safe because there is terror lurking around every corner?  

And its not like the US could not just announce this new policy tomorrow.  Bring self sufficiency back!  Jobs everywhere setting up the new infrastructure.  Were ready to declare martial now, what do you have to lose?

A new solar powered world free of pollutants.  Clean Air, water and food the principle of any policy.  Self sufficiency, a new sense of freedom supported by the collective.  This new frontier would then spawn more imagination because everyone is practicing liberty.  Man would have more time to think on who he really is.  A supported noble quest, subsidized through anarcho volunteerism? Where man has matured to know he is a spirit having a human experience?
    Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:33 am

Wow!...pulled a

Oil Company Propaganda Bunny09

To the point that's for sure. I know what your thinking....LOL

Oil Company Propaganda 45676_618848521468681_508078738_n
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:58 am

magamud wrote:Or it can be about Floyd just making gigantic sweeping generalizations discrediting platitudes and not thinking he will get any counter.  Nor does most anyone give him one here.  Nor at times is it supported to give him one hear.

Careful with the accusations please. Remember that a Bait is a Bait though and to be wary of that Ole Chestnut...

Wink

Debate IS supported but the continued Defense of any Truth thereby details the inherent lack of Truth shown by It's continued Defense...

IMO - a Truth either stands on Its own or It doesn't and thats good enough for Me. It'll have to be and to force anyone to a given perspective - Is not the Mission.

That said - Bravo on Your attempts though in this particular case and I applaud Your effort...

Whistle

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...
    magamud
    magamud

Post  magamud Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:27 pm

I get what your saying Merc, but lets take what the nature of truth is a little deeper.  A good analogy is the the flame of liberty or what Jesus talks about with having Oil for the lamp.  Truth needs help to keep it awake.  You cant just let it fend for itself all the time.  Jesus also mentions this with if you talk about me, I will talk to the father about you.  Your possible stance which I see many take, is mostly in part due to the Political Correctness proposition that is purposely supported by the thieves to criminalize dissent and imagination to keep them safe from scrutiny.  There are many other factors.  People use all their resources to find some balance amongst the storm.  So god forbid anyone shakes their Zen.  Listen it aint easy finding a platform for discourse when people can ignore a fire in the theatre.    And if anyone is worried that I have forgot Floyds defense of truth when Mists first started I have not.  I ask where is the Floyd that got involved with the spirit of Avalon when it first started.
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:05 am

Sleep 
    Floyd
    Floyd

Oil Company Propaganda Empty Shocking New Oil Propaganda Plan to Fool Americans

Post  Floyd Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:06 am

Shocking New Oil Propaganda Plan to Fool Americans

The Guardian has unearthed a shocking new propaganda plan intended to turn the American public against wind energy in the 2012 election cycle. The plan is to be deployed by a shadowy network of propaganda contractors like the disgraced Heartland Institute, who recently compared those who accept the mainstream science on climate change to mass murderers, and was prepared by a fellow of the American Tradition Institute (ATI), the same law-breaking group that is suing climate scientist Dr. Michael Mann to gain access to his personal papers and emails while at the University of Virginia.

If anyone doubts there is a well-coordinated, well-funded assault on science in America that is designed to fool people, look no further than this plan.

The confidential strategy memo advises using "subversion" to build a national movement of people protesting wind farms.

Sound silly? Any time money is behind a science issue it can become politicized. Consider 1920s Germany. Right-wing activists put money behind the crazy idea that Einstein's special theory of relativity would lead to moral decay. They called it "Jewish science" and "a hoax" and said Einstein was in it for the money. Sound familiar?

"This world is a strange madhouse," Einstein wote a friend at the time. "Currently every coachman and every waiter is debating whether relativity theory is correct. Belief in this matter depends on political party affiliation."

The ATI propaganda plan was discussed at a meeting of 30 of these so-called 'wind warriors,' hand-picked by the plan's author, ATI senior fellow John Droz Jr., in Washington D.C. last February.

"These documents show for the first time that local Nimby (Not In My Back Yard) anti-wind groups are co-ordinating and working with national fossil-fuel funded advocacy groups to wreck the wind industry," said Gabe Elsner, co-director of Checks and Balances, the accountability group which unearthed the proposal, in an interview with the Guardian.

The propaganda campaign calls for a national PR effort to cause "subversion in message of industry so that it effectively becomes so bad that no one wants to admit in public they are for it."

This is similar to the strategy used to demolish "cap and trade," turning it into a epithet during the 2010 climate bill debate in Congress. This "concept murder" happened to the dismay of conservative economists like former George W. Bush chief economic advisor Doug Holtz-Eakin, who saw cap and trade, which was invented by conservatives, as the best conservative tool to battle top-down, command-and-control environmental regulations. Holtz-Eakin says conservatives have forgotten that, and lost their roots. "They've taken positions that are divorced from any reality on the policy and from their own history," he told me. "We don't want to go back to the old, big-government approach of one size fits all of the 1970s," he said. "Conservatives need to figure out what they stand for. Is it just the highest bidder, or are there principles in there that mean something? I've always felt it's in their political interest to not deny the science, that's where the votes of the future are."

The propaganda plan goes much further than cap-and-trade opponents did in its efforts to fool the American public. It suggests creating "dummy businesses" to purchase billboards, much like the recent notorious Heartland Institute billboard, which was featured on Clear Channel space.

The plan also suggests creating a "counter-intelligence branch" to track the wind energy industry, and it recommends spending $750,000 to create a 501(c)(3) "nonprofit" with paid staff, much like the Heartland Institute, ATI, Americand for Prosperity, and other propaganda mouthpieces for the energy industry, and is dedicated to "constructively influence national and state wind energy policies" by building public opposition to the wind energy industry.

Subversion, propaganda, and fooling the public are nothing new to ATI's associates. During the 2010 elections, the Montana Commission of Political Practices found that ATI's parent organization, WTP/ATP, broke state campaign laws by failing to register as a political committee or report its donors and spending.

The state suggested WTP/ATP was involved in corruption and money laundering. They found that it solicited unlimited contributions to support candidates and then passed them through a "sham organization," similar to the "dummy businesses" suggested in the new propaganda plan. The sham organization was the Bozeman-based political action committee The Coalition for Energy and the Environment that ran attack ads against Democrats. WTP told corporations that it aimed to combat "radical environmentalists" and "beat them at their own game" and that their contributions would remain secret. This view is similar to the radicalized view of mainstream scientists, federal science agencies, and the U.S. National Academy of Sciences adopted by the Heartland Institute, who compared them on its widely discredited billboards to "murderers and madmen."

The propaganda plan says its "broader possible goal is to constructively influence national and state energy and environmental policies."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/shawn-lawrence-otto/wind-energy-opponents_b_1501533.html
    Floyd
    Floyd

Oil Company Propaganda Empty The Koch Brothers' Vast Right-Wing Media Conspiracy

Post  Floyd Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:25 am

More shenanigans from the Brothers Grim

The Koch Brothers' Vast Right-Wing Media Conspiracy

Last June, Glenn Beck paused in the middle of a rant about the economy and climate on his television show for an important, if rather unexpected, aside. "I want to thank Charles Koch for this information," he said. Beck's statement was totally without context, thrown in amid jabs at Al Gore and endorsements of the free market. Months later, it came to light that he recently had been a guest of honor at a semiannual confab sponsored by fossil-fuel billionaire Charles Koch and his brother, David, an event the pair hosts to connect conservative think tanks, politicos, and media types like Beck.

Koch Industries, a Kansas-based company founded in 1940 by father Fred Koch, is the second largest privately held company in America. Charles and David Koch are tied as the fifth wealthiest people in the nation, worth a combined $43 billion. Their money comes through a variety of business interests—ranching, mining, oil refining, and production of paper products, fertilizer, and chemicals. It would be an understatement to say that they have much at stake when it comes to efforts to cut climate-changing emissions.

Indeed, the brothers have spent $31.3 million since 2005 on organizations that deny or downplay climate change, according to a forthcoming report from Greenpeace that updates its report on Koch's climate denial work released last year. But it's the web of media influence the Kochs have created that perhaps accounts best for their power—particularly when it comes to sowing doubt about climate change.....
    read on
    http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2011/02/koch-brothers-media-beck-greenpeace
    magamud
    magamud

Post  magamud Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:35 am

Lets make this concise Floyd less I take your fun away from bantering on American stupidity. Oil is a resource deception. We should have left it long ago once we knew it would kill the planet and be means to control the world. So with this in mind you are going to have a lot of SHenanigans. Take it away floyd.
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:10 pm

Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:26 pm

I cannot believe the utter crap that i have seen before this.
    But hey ..lets all talk about something else
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:14 am

magamud wrote:I get what your saying Merc, but lets take what the nature of truth is a little deeper.  A good analogy is the the flame of liberty or what Jesus talks about with having Oil for the lamp.  Truth needs help to keep it awake.  You cant just let it fend for itself all the time.  Jesus also mentions this with if you talk about me, I will talk to the father about you.  Your possible stance which I see many take, is mostly in part due to the Political Correctness proposition that is purposely supported by the thieves  to criminalize dissent and imagination to keep them safe from scrutiny.  There are many other factors.  People use all their resources to find some balance amongst the storm.  So god forbid anyone shakes their Zen.  Listen it aint easy finding a platform for discourse when people can ignore a fire in the theatre.    And if anyone is worried that I have forgot Floyds defense of truth when Mists first started I have not.  I ask where is the Floyd that got involved with the spirit of Avalon when it first started.

No - You're not grasping what I've been saying. Well You are but not in the context that I intended You and others to.

It is about a specific type of Poster that I was referencing. The "Baiter/Provocateur" - That is, and Its because I know Them by Their devices...

IMO - It seems that You're been engaging one lately...

With that said - I've no "stance" per se other than that in this matter and while You are indeed wise - You've read too much into what I've said...

I am literal - Leave It at that and take what I say at face value. That would again be wise as It regards Me...

Harp

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:10 am

eMonkey wrote:I declare this discussion pointless.
    ZZZZZzzzzzz.....

You think the discussion of oil propaganda pointless?

Or  do you think this thread has been hijacked with tangential irrelevance by any chance?
    Often a trait of provocateurial derailment.

After all, we dont want to talk about big oil do we?

Last edited by Floyd on Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:32 am; edited 3 times in total

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 9:05 am