tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

2 posters

Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead Empty Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead

Post  Carol Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:07 am

Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead is a 2010 American documentary film which follows the 60-day journey of Australian Joe Cross across the United States as he follows a juice fast under the care of Dr. Joel Fuhrman, the Nutrition Research Foundation's Director of Research. Robert Mac, executive director of the Nutrition Research Foundation is credited as co-creator of the film. Cross serves on the Nutrition Research Foundation's Advisory Board.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Arrowwind
    Arrowwind

Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead Empty Re: Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead

Post  Arrowwind Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:12 am

I had just recently watched this movie last winter, just before I set out on my journey into the deserts of Arizona. At one camping place I met a man, a long haul truck driver who was recently retired due to his weight, about 400 pounds...also divorced, and very much alone. He was living in his fithwheel trailer retrofitted to accomodate him... alone, unable to walk more than a few feet.

I told him about this movie and he promised that he would watch it when he could. It seemed like the movie was not only written for him but about him personally...

yet he had told me about his efforts with juice fasting and how it had failed him. It was sad.

Sometimes I think that such monumental efforts to change ones life is best accomplished with lots of human support and encourgement, someone to walk the path with you.

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 5:01 pm