tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+15
blue roller
Pris
magamud
Aquaries1111
Chimpsky
orthodoxymoron
Jenetta
lawlessline
Floyd
mudra
Sanicle
Crazee
burgundia
Carol
devakas
19 posters

Calling All Carnivores

Poll

Are you vegetarian?

[ 11 ]
    eat meat - Calling All Carnivores - Page 4 Bar_left55%eat meat - Calling All Carnivores - Page 4 Bar_right [55%] 
    [ 9 ]
    eat meat - Calling All Carnivores - Page 4 Bar_left45%eat meat - Calling All Carnivores - Page 4 Bar_right [45%] 

Total Votes: 20
    Floyd
    Floyd

eat meat - Calling All Carnivores - Page 4 Empty Re: Calling All Carnivores

Post  Floyd Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:40 am

And Here's me thinking you loved Obama Carol!
    What do you think of his possible Mormon replacement?
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:58 am

Chimpsky wrote:[) some people anchor in a a man made anthrophomorphicicaction of reality

One of the sources for this anthropomorphism is the Judeo Christian religious tradition and this passage in the bible in particular.

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

In Oriental philosophy. every thing that exists has the possibility to experience all the kingdoms, mineral plant animal and human and it it is through ahimsa (non violence to all beings) and (Karuṇā) compassion, that humans can assist those in other kingdoms on their journey by establishing a specific relationship with them and by not contributing to their suffering. (wouldn't it be nice if the world became like that). All things are part of the manifestation of Brahma but it is only through human consciousness that one is placed in a position to know of these things and then to act on them if one so desires.

The worst industries on the planet at the moment have to be the arms industry, the energy industries (with the exclusion of renewable) and the meat industry. (of course there are others0.

As long as they continue then the consciousness of the planet and its physical stability remain very much in the balance. Between all three of them they account for pain, suffering misery death, exploitation,and environmental disaster of great magnitude.

Maybe one day Mother Earth will kick us all off like an old unwanted shoe if this is what we do to our planet. Wouldn't be surprised, and of course the planetary consciousness is much more powerful than any cabal or conspiring group, both of whom are likely to be booted.

Very bad karma indeed man.

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Thu May 03, 2012 4:11 pm

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sat May 05, 2012 5:58 pm

more human democratic ethics?

sunny
    Chimpsky
    Chimpsky

Post  Chimpsky Sat May 05, 2012 6:22 pm

Floyd wrote:And Here's me thinking you loved Obama Carol!

Don't you mean moron ?
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sat May 05, 2012 8:05 pm

Chimpsky wrote:

Don't you mean moron ?

speaking about morons Very Happy

jocolor
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Sun May 06, 2012 7:56 am

Chimpsky wrote:

Don't you mean moron ?

Insanely Happy
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Sun May 06, 2012 10:28 am

I'd just like to thank you Devakas for starting this thread as it caused me to look more closely at the Vegetable Kingdom again. As a result I feel a tremendous love and respect for this Kingdom given that it is the reason all of we flesh beings can exist on this planet, and do that surrounded by the gift of its beauty as well.

I'm sure most of us take for granted the gifts it gives us all so we can survive here, giving most of our love to our fellow humans and our fellow flesh beings in the Animal Kingdom, and to those 'beings in the sky above us'. And yet we could do none of that if it weren't for the Vegetable Kingdom that supports us all in doing so, courtesy of Mother Earth/Gaia and the elemental beings/Nature Spirits that work on Her behalf to develop and care for the most precious to us of all Kingdoms in 3D..the Vegtable Kingdom.
    Chimpsky
    Chimpsky

Post  Chimpsky Sun May 06, 2012 12:00 pm

Sanicle wrote:I'd just like to thank you Devakas for starting this thread as it caused me to look more closely at the Vegetable Kingdom again. As a result I feel a tremendous love and respect for this Kingdom given that it is the reason all of we flesh beings can exist on this planet, and do that surrounded by the gift of its beauty as well.

I'm sure most of us take for granted the gifts it gives us all so we can survive here, giving most of our love to our fellow humans and our fellow flesh beings in the Animal Kingdom, and to those 'beings in the sky above us'. And yet we could do none of that if it weren't for the Vegetable Kingdom that supports us all in doing so, courtesy of Mother Earth/Gaia and the elemental beings/Nature Spirits that work on Her behalf to develop and care for the most precious to us of all Kingdoms in 3D..the Vegtable Kingdom.

Its da Wave Don't forget the little dudes that do all the work, the Insect Kingdom, without whom it would all abruptly stop Its da Wave

Just a thought about religions & philosophies that say we shouldn't eat meat, is it a coincidence they don't come from the colder parts of he world where it would have been impossible to survive without meat & fish ? I mean look at the Sami & Innuit people, who live as close as anyone to nature, in respect & love;

Maybe the only problem is we have been trained to see our selves as separate from nature confused

Maybe all vegetarianism was ever meant to be was an acetic path ?

How could it possibly be a karmic crime to eat meat & not vegitables ? scratch
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Sun May 06, 2012 12:50 pm

Good points Chimpsky. I put the bugs, birds and fish in with the flesh creatures above, although I don't know that the insects have too much of it lol. But yes, they are very much a part of the whole cycle too and I suspect they all work more closely with the Nature Spirits than we do... ie beautifully without us needing to be involved at all. Better so without us these days I'm sure.

As regards those who live in colder climates, I've read that one actually needs to eat meat to survive the cold conditions and I know I felt the cold a lot more when I was vegetarian. Most of us prefer lighter foods, like salad, when it's hot too. I believe the body knows what each of us needs and listening to it is best for all of us, whether it desires a vegetarian or omnivorous diet. Dr Mercola believes that there's a certain type of person that thrives best mainly on meat as well. The meat most carnivores prefer, across all kingdoms, is that of the herbivores though.

I'm sure many people won't relate us to the animals but it amuses me also that some of the creatures that humans see as 'spiritual' in their own right, like Dolphins and Eagles say, are carnivores also.

Each of us ultimately needs only to answer to their own souls and conscience, so it's all good. Cool
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun May 06, 2012 5:22 pm

I'm for Ron Paul who has the delegates to win the nomination. And I never loved Obama.
    Before I knew about him I had HOPED he would be a good positive change for the nation.
    I also did not vote for him. After I discovered his his fraudulent past and subsequent treasonous acts, I think
    him a disaster for the nation. Clinton had the goods on Obama but didn't expose him because the Chicago mobsters
    who helped get Obama into office threatened to kill Clinton's daughter. So there you have it from my inside source.

mudra - I do have a different perspective regarding this quote: Eating -- anything -- is an act of taking. By sustaining our lives we are taking life from plants, animals, people, or energy from the sun. And just by living, especially in modern civilization, we are constantly taking and demanding of nature and other human beings .

When we take nourishment in we are in fact in the situation of both receiving and exchanging what is available so that our physical form may live. A mother lovingly gives milk to her baby. The infant receives it. It didn't just walk over and take it. This is an act of love. As for the plants, I give them water and fertilizer and they give me their fruit. Again this is an exchange where we each give and receive wether it is conscious or unconscious process. A similar concept can be applied to breathing. I don't take the air. The air is there to provides the body oxygen so it can continue its life. Our bodies breathe in and breathe out where there is again an exchange of life giving source.

In one story even the Buddha ate an animal, who offered itself to him, so that his physical life could continue.

This story reminds me of the movie AVATAR where there is this sacred moment when an animal just killed is prayed over and thanked for offering itself to help feed the people. This whole act of killing animals for food has been on my mind for years. Subsequently, I had a very long discussion about this with a Buddhist friend and she explained that the spiritual consciousness of the animal is elevated when it becomes food for humans. She explained this in a manner where I understood how this could be possible. We even read that Christ ate fish. So what is the ethical issue here?

From a spiritual perspective is one is a vegan one is consciously elevating their own energetic vibration and not taking on personal karma from the ingestion of animals. This is somewhat paradoxical if one accepts the Buddhist's perspective where when animal meat is offered in the right spirit one may partake of it.

From a moralistic spiritual perspective of one who is ubber sensitive to the way animals are slaughtered to provide food for the masses - not partaking of meat and working to raise the consciousness of those who are ignorant is "right action."

From an intellectual perspective one can recognize that whatever is in meat that some physical bodies need it is easy enough to rationalize eating meat and blocking out how it got on the table.

From a consciously aware perspective if one chooses to eat meat because their body type (Type O blood) needs what it provides - one would seek produce that is humanely transitioned onto the table. Dr. Temple Grandin is a remarkable woman who designed a way for cows to be slaughtered. The animals were never stressed or treated poorly during their life cycle and the transition allowed them to remain calm until the last moment.

I for one do not advocate stock yards, nor the way many animals are raised for food. There has to be a balance with all of this.

However, the reality is that some types of physical bodies require meat, while others do not. Having been a vegetarian for 7 years for us not eating meat worked great during that period of time. Now my husband puts in 50 to 60 hours a week and eating meat is essential for him. I had hoped to have us both off any type meat this year and find it next to impossible with his current need. I know it isn't good for him just from the medical perspective. Yet getting him to stop isn't easy. So all of the work of this falls to me with juicing and preparing types of dishes without meat. He, however, keeps coming home with a stake to barbecue. All I can add is I agree being a vegan is the way to go and someday I hope to get there.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun May 06, 2012 5:48 pm

Carol wrote:
    mudra - I do have a different perspective regarding this quote: Eating -- anything -- is an act of taking. By sustaining our lives we are taking life from plants, animals, people, or energy from the sun. And just by living, especially in modern civilization, we are constantly taking and demanding of nature and other human beings .

When we take nourishment in we are in fact in the situation of both receiving and exchanging what is available so that the physical form may live. A mother lovingly gives milk to her baby. The infant receives it. It didn't just walk over and take it. As for the plants, I give them water and fertilizer and they give me their fruit. Again this is an exchange where we each give and receive where it is conscious or unconscious process. The concept can be applied to breathing. I don't take the air. The air is there to provides the body oxygen so it can continue its life.

Carol I can see both perspectives .

When we take and demand more of nature and other human beings than they can actually give we create imbalance that leads to destruction, a point that has certainly been reached nowadays if we take a good look around and see the state part of this planet and it's inhabitants are in.

You Carol take the perspective to another level where give and take from nature and other human beings flow in equilibrium, as it should be, and balance is sustained. Fortunately this is part of the energy that is to be found on Earth too .

As our consciousness expands beyond self we are able to see another human being or nature's creatures as being part for the undivided whole and from this Love and respect grow.

Love from me
    mudra
    burgundia
    burgundia

eat meat - Calling All Carnivores - Page 4 Empty Meat is murder? More like suicide!

Post  burgundia Mon May 07, 2012 10:25 am

http://www.occupyforanimals.org/meat-is-murder-more-like-suicide1.html

"The beef industry has contributed to more American deaths than all the wars of this century, all natural disasters, and all automobile accidents combined. If beef is your idea of 'real food for real people' you'd better live real close to a real good hospital."

~ Neal Barnard ~
    American physician, author, clinical researcher, and founding president of the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine

At one time science supported the consumption of meat. It no longer does. The facts are so overwhelming that the eating of animal flesh is doomed as the age of enlightenment is being ushered in. One day mankind will look back in horror at the carnivorous and murderous habits of its predecessors. The eating of animals and other living creatures will seem as barbaric and disgusting to future man as the eating of human meat now seems to the average American. Animal-eating is only one step below cannibalism. Consider these facts:

In 1961, the “Journal of the American Medical Association” reported that a vegetarian diet could prevent 90-97% of heart diseases.
    Studies reveal 59% less cancer among people who eat small amounts of meat, compared to average meat-eaters. (Imagine how much better those figures would be when compared to vegetarians.)
    Scotland has the highest rate of bowel cancer in the world and they eat 20% more meat than the English.
    The kidneys of the meat-eater must work three times harder than the kidneys of the vegetarian.
    Although meat needs to pass through the digestive tract quickly, it takes four times longer than grains or vegetables.
    During World War I, Norway and Denmark could not get meat. The death rate dropped 17% and then returned to normal when they returned to their meat diets. The American National Institute of Health, in a study of 50,000 vegetarians, found that they live longer, have far less heart disease, and a much lower cancer rate compared to meat-eaters.
    In England, vegetarians pay less for life insurance. Studies show that vegetarians are stronger, more agile, have greater endurance, and recover from fatigue faster than meat-eaters.

A Yale University study revealed that vegetarians have nearly twice the stamina of meat-eaters. Cornell University announced through major newspapers in May of 1990, “Humans are natural vegetarians.” The report said: “Animal foods, in general, are not really helpful and we need to get away from eating them.” “In addition to reducing the risk of heart disease, low cholesterol also protects against colon cancer, the most common life-threatening cancer among Americans.”

World starvation is well connected to meat-eating habits. If Americans stopped feeding grain to cattle, the excess grain could feed 500 million people (not to mention the land that could be used to grow food instead of being used for grazing cattle). When people see those programs on TV about all the starving children, they should consider that their diets are a contributing factor.

**Pasteurized milk, like meat, drains the body of alkaline and electrolyte minerals. Milk that has been cooked (pasteurized) takes more calcium to digest than it gives back!

More at the link above...
    Chimpsky
    Chimpsky

Post  Chimpsky Tue May 08, 2012 5:10 pm

burgundia wrote:http://www.occupyforanimals.org/meat-is-murder-more-like-suicide1.html

"The beef industry has contributed to more American deaths than all the wars of this century, all natural disasters, and all automobile accidents combined. If beef is your idea of 'real food for real people' you'd better live real close to a real good hospital."

~ Neal Barnard ~
    American physician, author, clinical researcher, and founding president of the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine

At one time science supported the consumption of meat. It no longer does. The facts are so overwhelming that the eating of animal flesh is doomed as the age of enlightenment is being ushered in. One day mankind will look back in horror at the carnivorous and murderous habits of its predecessors. The eating of animals and other living creatures will seem as barbaric and disgusting to future man as the eating of human meat now seems to the average American. Animal-eating is only one step below cannibalism. Consider these facts:

In 1961, the “Journal of the American Medical Association” reported that a vegetarian diet could prevent 90-97% of heart diseases.
    Studies reveal 59% less cancer among people who eat small amounts of meat, compared to average meat-eaters. (Imagine how much better those figures would be when compared to vegetarians.)
    Scotland has the highest rate of bowel cancer in the world and they eat 20% more meat than the English.
    The kidneys of the meat-eater must work three times harder than the kidneys of the vegetarian.
    Although meat needs to pass through the digestive tract quickly, it takes four times longer than grains or vegetables.
    During World War I, Norway and Denmark could not get meat. The death rate dropped 17% and then returned to normal when they returned to their meat diets. The American National Institute of Health, in a study of 50,000 vegetarians, found that they live longer, have far less heart disease, and a much lower cancer rate compared to meat-eaters.
    In England, vegetarians pay less for life insurance. Studies show that vegetarians are stronger, more agile, have greater endurance, and recover from fatigue faster than meat-eaters.

A Yale University study revealed that vegetarians have nearly twice the stamina of meat-eaters. Cornell University announced through major newspapers in May of 1990, “Humans are natural vegetarians.” The report said: “Animal foods, in general, are not really helpful and we need to get away from eating them.” “In addition to reducing the risk of heart disease, low cholesterol also protects against colon cancer, the most common life-threatening cancer among Americans.”

World starvation is well connected to meat-eating habits. If Americans stopped feeding grain to cattle, the excess grain could feed 500 million people (not to mention the land that could be used to grow food instead of being used for grazing cattle). When people see those programs on TV about all the starving children, they should consider that their diets are a contributing factor.

**Pasteurized milk, like meat, drains the body of alkaline and electrolyte minerals. Milk that has been cooked (pasteurized) takes more calcium to digest than it gives back!

More at the link above...

Thats not surprising at all, in fact its not balanced & quite biased..

First of all the way cattle are reared in the USA is a BLOODY SCANDAL, and every bone-head that eats meat produced like this is to blame;- we vote with our wallets

Its just not right to compare veggies with ALL meat eaters, the vast majority of veggies are from the top socio- economic sections of society, are well informed on nutrition & exercise etc, if it was a comparison with university educated organic meat eaters the results would not be the same , of that I'm sure

There are many kinds of meat eater, personally I don't eat bacon or any other form of charcuterie which is highly carcenogenic, nor do I eat industrially reared fowl or beef.

The Scots , oh dear me, they do everything to excess thats bad for the health, not just drinking.

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Tue May 08, 2012 5:26 pm

it is ok to eat meat if a person can not go for lighter food. The old scriptures describes how to do and what is the best for everyone by their nature. For example it is advised not to eat red meat, but white meat for those who can not drop eating meat. Also a lot great advices there for everyone and tons of info actually...

my personal opinion is this. We serve our senses. We are inslaved. We are servants of our senses. Eye sees and our mind already eats (saliva, instincts?). For example we say -yuck even not touching it. Mind is eating actually. It means we mentally process the info. When we understand how mind is processing a constant flow of info from eyes and ears and nose, the tongue is the worst to control, then we know what to do to stop being servant forever and forever. Bottom line is to tell tongue - shut up. This is the first aid help - for soul.

cheers
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Tue May 08, 2012 5:37 pm

This is great news from India !!

Gujarat is the most progressive state in India. Now, cow killing is a punishable offense with 7-14 years imprisonment in Gujarat. Government machinery has been mobilized to preserve indigenous breeds, open cow shelters, conduct research in cow related sciences. Philosophy of cow protection is being included in school text books as a mandatory subject. Even there are eye cataract operations for old cows. Fifteen beef detection mobile laboratories patrol the state highways round the clock, checking on trucks coming from down South and heading towards Mumbai port. If beef is found, the consignment is seized and immediate arrests are made. Hundreds of sets of our books are being distributed to senior politicians and bureaucrats in Ahmedabad (the state capital) and Delhi.

More photos can be seen here

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3799527957575.2161367.1558563964&type=1

eat meat - Calling All Carnivores - Page 4 Screenshot-2012-04-28_13.49.09

A National conference on ”Cow Based Agriculture, Health and Environment” was recently organized by the Gujarat Government. A first of its kind, it was held in prestigious Anand University and was attended by senior ministers, government officials, top scientists, religious leaders, university vice-chancellors, environmentalists, doctors, and cow protection activists.

In the inaugural address, Dr Vallabh Bhai Katiria, a senior politician and chairman of Goseva Ayog, read out Srila Prabhupada’s statement from Srimad Bhagavatam 3.2.29 :

“Human society needs only sufficient grain and sufficient cows to solve its economic problems. All other things but these two are artificial necessities created by man to kill his valuable life at the human level and waste his time in things which are not needed.”

Cow The Karen The Karen
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Tue May 08, 2012 11:54 pm

moooooo
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Fri May 11, 2012 11:43 pm

In old sanskrit scripts there is a story about cow wet eyes crying- I can bear high mountains, I can not bear lying man.

and today I read how demons lie to their kids to their question where burgers come from. They say from burger patches.

Chimpsky
    Chimpsky

Post  Chimpsky Sat May 12, 2012 6:56 am

devakas wrote:In old sanskrit scripts there is a story about cow wet eyes crying- I can bear high mountains, I can not bear lying man.

and today I read how demons lie to their kids to their question where burgers come from. They say from burger patches.

Some people think its not even cows, I find this hard to believe, but who knows confused

Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Mon May 14, 2012 7:01 am

Sorry to stray 'off-topic' a bit but...

That video really disturbed me Chimpsky. I really didn't want to be believe it but decided to do some investigating anyway, the rabbi's claim that even though this has been openly spoken about by them before, we 'goyim' are too weak and stupid to believe it could be so caused me to pay attention. And I really do wonder if this is true.

Not so sure the bodies actually go to McDonalds. That may just be his sick sense of humour, but then who even knows that for sure? What I've found thus far are various reports about people finding teeth and bones in their Maccas, but none have said they are human teeth or bones.

I do feel compelled to post this video as a response to yours above though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTJKXRmJZ1U

I guess I could start a new thread if I find anything else I think may be of interest on this subject generally.

More of the Oprah interview....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7QXz6hDtxI

Last edited by Sanicle on Mon May 14, 2012 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Mon May 14, 2012 7:20 am

Chimpsky wrote:

Some people think its not even cows, I find this hard to believe, but who knows confused

They actually come from specially harvested reptilians.

The all new repto burger quarter pounder with relish and a crispy repto bacon slice in a rye bun with salad.

Buy the new Repto Unhappy meal and get a free plastic repto toy.

People will believe in anything these days Chimpers.
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Mon May 14, 2012 8:29 am

There's a big difference between being open-minded and believing anything. Thus the joy of forums.
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Tue May 15, 2012 5:21 am

As earlier stated this thread has caused me to think more deeply about the vegetarian vs carnivore question since it was created here. Out of deference to the vegetarians in this forum I did take on the guilt-trip some have chosen to instil in we meat-eaters. I’ve tried to ‘go vegetarian’ again over the past few weeks to see how it would affect me after failing at it in the past, as noted in post # 5. But again I haven’t liked the results of doing so, noticing a marked change in my demeanour towards others in this reality and within my own being.

I’ve found there’s a greater sense of disquiet between myself and other beings, even my nearest and dearest. There’s a sense of abrasiveness and intolerance at times, along with a growing perception of aloofness and a wish for detachment from them. My desire to participate in life and love with confidence is diminishing also.

Needless to say, I’m not too happy with this new state of affairs and so chose to look at this process of energy ingestion from another perspective, a broader one. Obviously I can only do so from the standpoint of my own experience and investigations so it may not harmonise with others’ views, but I thought I’d lay it out here on the thread in the hope that someone else may relate.

As I said, I’m looking at all of this mainly from the perspective of energy interchanges between us and all lifeforms on this planet as that is what we do, on every level. As has been proven many times over, we are all just energy systems interrelating in order to grow and transmute and we only identify ourselves as separate due to the limited senses given us when we manifest here in these bodies.

I’m adding to this the claim that “We are what we eat”. As to the latter, I only agree with that partially as I, like most of you I’m sure, see us as being consciousness, a Soul, within these bodies we inhabit while here. So ‘We’ are the consciousness and not merely a result of what we eat but are, I believe, affected by it through our bodies, for good or bad.

One could also bring animals into this claim that we are what we eat as, if this ‘rule’ is true, it should apply to all beings, not just humans. It must be admitted that some of the most loving and group conscious animals we know are (the dreaded) carnivores eg dogs and cats. So their consciousness/Soul must override their genetic eating habits as well and maybe not even play much of a part, given that carnivores are seen to be more aggressive etc.

It’s easy to accept that we share energy with other beings mentally, emotionally and spiritually. But we all also have physical beings. To my mind now, ingesting other lifeforms is the way we share and get to know the energetic makeup of those Kingdoms ‘below’ us that we eat, ‘breathing them in’ in a different way. And I believe adding to their energy and transmuting it with the input of our own consciousness’ imprint on the energy as we do before returning it to the lifecycle on this planet.

It’s now accepted fact that the cells of bodies carry the memory and imprint of the consciousness that inhabits that body. One only has to look at the data of the experiences of transplant recipients to validate this in that the sensitive amongst them find they have some of the tastes and urges, even a sense of relatedness to the loved ones, of the donor. (See http://theophanes.hubpages.com/hub/Cellular-Memories-in-Organ-Transplant-Recipients for examples.) So it stands to reason that when we ingest the bodies/cells of other living beings that we would gain some sense of who they were in the same manner. And as it affected the transplant recipients, so it would affect us to a lesser degree when taking the cell memories of the ‘flesh’ , whether it be the flesh of animals or vegetables, into our bodies………that we would ‘take on’ some of their learning inadvertently in the process.

Is that such a bad thing? Wouldn’t doing so help us to relate to and understand our fellow beings on this planet better in feeling their energies within our bodies? And wouldn’t adding our own energy to theirs’, transmuting it in the process (one would hope) be a good thing? Isn’t transmuting ‘lower’ energies supposed to be our purpose in being here? Why not physically as well?

Obviously this is stated within reason. I’m NOT suggesting we go out and eat everything and anything. But could it be that we experience a broader and more harmonious relatedness to life on this planet by ‘knowing’ them in this way? Could it also be that we might relegate ourselves to only knowing and relating to the energy flow of one kingdom by restricting ourselves to only taking in the energies of that one, be it the animal or vegetable kingdom?

But there’s also the factor of balance. I believe it is possible that some types of humans might fare better in restricting their diet to one kingdom or the other as it accords with the nature of their own being’s strengths and weaknesses, both psychologically and physically in accordance with their genes, to achieve that balance within. I think it’s advisable for us all to find out what brings us the greatest sense of harmony within our beings and with others through our choices in what we eat as well, as we will do our ‘work’ better if our bodies are at their best and not impeding us psychologically.

There is one other factor. I’ve also looked at the lives and habits of many who’ve achieved proven high levels of attainment spiritually within their lives over the years. And their diet was not necessarily restricted to a vegetarian one due to being taught that’s what was needed in order for them to evolve. The most recent was Milarepa, a hugely respected Buddhist Tibetan Saint. (Thanks Mudra. Flowers ) He achieved amazing things, mainly through meditation, and clearly found that eating meat helped his progress on occasion. Here’s a link to his story for those interested. http://www.cosmicharmony.com/Av/Milarepa/Milarepa.htm It’s a good read if nothing else. So I can’t believe that vegetarianism is necessary for spiritual growth either.

I’m aware that a few will believe I’m still ‘making excuses’ in writing all of this. I’m not. I see these views as being perfectly reasonable within the context of this reality being an energy matrix/illusion, particularly as that relates to us inhabiting these bodies with their inbuilt appetites. I’ve already stated what I see as ethically ‘wrong’ with the system of eating we have today and won’t go into it again. But I’m going back to eating some meat as part of my diet as I don’t like that sense of separateness and imbalance I seem to experience without it. And I’m doing so without guilt in being able to see the broader picture this way. Each to his/her own.

I love you

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue May 15, 2012 9:48 am

Sanicle wrote:As earlier stated this thread has caused me to think more deeply about the vegetarian vs carnivore question since it was created here. Out of deference to the vegetarians in this forum I did take on the guilt-trip some have chosen to instil in we meat-eaters. I’ve tried to ‘go vegetarian’ again over the past few weeks to see how it would affect me after failing at it in the past, as noted in post # 5. But again I haven’t liked the results of doing so, noticing a marked change in my demeanour towards others in this reality and within my own being.

I believe there is no reason you should feel guilty at all Sanicle.
    Dr Adamo's research on diet and blood types sheds indeed quite a bit of Light
    on the reason people may not feel well eating some types of food.
    Your own experience with going vegetarian and experience adverse symptoms with it
    tells me you probably are of a blood type where meat consumption is advised.See for yourself below:

Blood type diet

Origins:

In 1901, Dr. Karl Landsteiner discovered that there were four types of human blood. He named them A, B, AB, and O. He discovered that blood types are not compatible with each other because of antibodies. These antibodies cause blood to clump together if a different blood type is mixed with it. According to Dr. D’Adamo, it was also discovered that foods can cause blood cells to become sticky and clump together in a process called agglutination.

Dr. D’Adamo’s father, James, is also a naturopathic physician noticed that different diets worked better with some patients than others. In his book, One Man’s Food—Is Someone Else’s Poison, he attributed this to the differences in blood type.

Dr. Peter D’Adamo continued his father’s research by studying the agglutination process that occurs between specific blood types and certain foods. He believes it is the result of the evolution of the unique blood types.

Anthropologists have traced the origins of each blood type. The earliest human blood type was type O. Since these people were ancient hunter-gatherers and ate a diet dominated by meat, blood type O individuals developed antibodies against the lectins found in agricultural foods such as wheat and other grains. Dr. D’Adamo suggests that individuals with type O blood should eat a diet more similar to their ancient ancestors—that is a diet with more meats and fewer grains
    KEY TERMS

Agglutination—The clumping or clotting of cells.

Anthropological—Pertaining to anthropology or the study or the natural and cultural history of humans.

Antibodies—Proteins within blood that seek and destroy foreign bodies or substances in the body.

Lectins—Protein substances found in foods that bind with carbohydrates in blood causing it to clot.

Naturopathy (naturopathic)—An approach to medicine that does not use pharmaceuticals and surgery to treat disease but rather uses alternative therapies, supplements, special diets, and other natural remedies to help the body heal itself.

Rh Factor—Rh factor is a subset of blood type it may be either positive or negative.

The next blood type to evolve was type A. As the environmental conditions changed, humans began to grow food rather than hunt it. The diet shifted from predominantly meat to plant-based. As the diet changed and the blood type A evolved, antibodies for lectins to meat were formed. According to Dr. D’Adamo, individuals with blood type A have antibodies against many lectins found in meat and will benefit from a largely vegetarian or plant-based diet.

The next blood type to emerge was type B. As ancient peoples migrated and adapted to further climate change blood type B evolved. The diet included both meats and plants as well as dairy products. Dr. D’Adamo believes this is the reason individuals with blood type B developed fewer antibodies against lectins found in meat and grain. He also believes this is why people with blood type B are more tolerant of milk products than other blood types.

The final blood type to evolve was type AB. It is a rare blood type even today with fewer than 5% of the world’s population having type AB blood. Type AB evolved when the A and B blood types intermingled. Dr D’Adamo describes this blood type as a complex blood type with many strengths and many contradictions.

more at the link: http://www.diet.com/g/blood-type-diet

I think this is good research that widens the understanding and tolerance towards one another's diet preference.

Whatever one's diet is I feel it should be organic as that type of food or livestock production is respecting nature and working in harmony with it.

In the realm of animals itself various diets are to be found some feeding on flesh while others don't . I believe it's part of Mother keeping balance amongst it's progeny.

When I think of the concept of " we are what we eat " I see it in the context of a holistic approach where spirit takes care of his vessel ,the body by feeding the proper nutrients it requires as given freely by Mother nature.Pesticides, antibiotics, OGMs, dye, sweeteners etc... vastly used today in growing greens, fruits or cattle are artificial chemical compounds reduce greatly proper nourishment while short circuiting our natural well being.
    Manipulating nature that way is unethical.It destroys her.
    Working hand in hand with nature is the way to happiness and health for all IMHO.

Love from me
    mudra

burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Tue May 15, 2012 9:55 am

Frankly speaking I do not know how much truth is in the blood group diet theory. All those scientists come up with so many different ones that at times turn out to be false. Each person should listen to their own body and eat what he/she feels is good for them.

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:06 am