tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+7
Liberti
Nenuphar
Simplicity
devakas
Carol
burgundia
mudra
11 posters

Raw Vegan Recipes

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Raw Vegan Recipes - Page 7 Empty Re: Raw Vegan Recipes

Post  Carol Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:50 am

BANANA PANCAKES

Since we grow bananas and have hens we often make banana pancakes too.

I use about 6 eggs
    2-4 bananas depending upon the size
    1 heaping tablespoon of flour

Blends eggs first, add flour and then bananas to blender. For more banana flavor mash one of the bananas and add to batter after blending.

Cook/fry in coconut oil.

These are so good as is they don't need any syrup.

So breakfast may be papaya with lemon/lime or cinnamon along with banana pancakes.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Post  B.B.Baghor Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:17 pm

Carol wrote:BANANA PANCAKES

These are so good as is they don't need any syrup.

So breakfast may be papaya with lemon/lime or cinnamon along with banana pancakes.

That sounds very yummie, Carol, also when no syrup is necessary with these pancakes.
    I like this thread and find ideas for desserts or little in between snacks, sweet or salty,
    for I'm not used to eating desserts and between meals, though I love to present it when
    sharing a meal with friends and Drink Wine drink applecider I mean Wink Nothing wrong with
    a good glass of wine, with a meal, I myself, for 97% of the time, prefer the bubbly applecider
    with 3% alc. making it a 100% Bleh

Some of you may know of this receipt, it was once offered to me by a Californian art-student
    friend in the '70's. I'll never forget how great it tasted and how she looked at me when I entered
    the pure chocolate dimension Cheerful

Here's the receipt:

Ingredients: banana and pure chocolate pieces flat in form, like from a bar
    I think the bananas that you grow are excellent, Carol, for as they grow and ripen, you can choose the phase of ripeness.
    Choose 1 banana for 1 person (it's an energy rich dessert, children may do with half maybe when it's served after a meal
    It's a great birthday treat or a surprise treat on itself any time of day)

10 minutes preheated oven 180 or 200 Celsius, numbers are not that important, go with common sense
    Bake the bananas for about 20 minutes, better keep an eye on them, when making this for the first time

Preparation:
    Take a banana, I use to buy the different ones, called bake-bananas, at Surinam marketstalls in Holland
    They stay more firm in baking and have a different sweetness compared to "normal" bananas.

Make an incision with a sharp knife on the inside of the bananas, about 1 inch deep, length about 3 or 5 inches
    Break pieces off the chocolate bar and push them inside the incisions, see picture
    Wrap the bananas in tinfoil like if in a boat, don't fold it all around, leave the chocolate "sailors" some air when
    placing the bananas with their rounded bottom on the plate. The tinfoil can be used to stabilize the banana.
    When the banana-boats "stand up" as it were, there's more room in the oven for them.
    Use your imagination, I'm sure different ways to make this receipt are delicious too.
    Enjoy Thubs Up

Raw Vegan Recipes - Page 7 Naamlo13

Thank you for the avocado seed post, mudra, it's surprising how much nutrition info is coming out, compared to 50 years ago!
    I use to plant the avocado seeds in the pots of plants in my living room, for the fun of seeing the plant grow up, they've never
    grown an avocado, it's too cold in Holland I guess. I grow red pepper seeds now, an experiment. Once I grew some paprika
    seeds, in my home. Three little green paprikas began to grow and just when I became excited about them, seeing them grow,
    one day, early morning, I came into the living room and stared in surprise to the empty stem where the 3 little green paprika-
    babies had been. Eaten by my 2 cats. Huhhhhh? Lolerz
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:53 pm

Thanks girls for these yummy recipes :)

I heard of these banana pancakes but never tried to make them yet.
    I found you can do them without eggs too just putting a little bit more flour and
    adding almond cream or soja cream to the batter.
    I can't have bananas at the moment as I was diagnosed allergic to them but I used
    to love them specially a brand that comes from Africa and that are large and tiny.
    I found they have a some sort of lemon flavour that make them delicious.

Raw Vegan Recipes - Page 7 L2qcsg9j

BB I noticed animals rather enjoy raw food so I would'nt be surprised your cats
    may have eaten those paprikas of yours. 
    One of my cats loves cucumber and my dog loves every raw ingredient that would
    go in a salad.

Love for You
    mudra

B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Post  B.B.Baghor Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:58 pm

mudra wrote:Thanks girls for these yummy recipes :)

I can't have bananas at the moment as I was diagnosed allergic to them but I used
    to love them specially a brand that comes from Africa and that are large and tiny.
    I found they have a some sort of lemon flavour that make them delicious.

Raw Vegan Recipes - Page 7 L2qcsg9j

BB I noticed animals rather enjoy raw food so I would'nt be surprised your cats
    may have eaten those paprikas of yours. 
    One of my cats loves cucumber and my dog loves every raw ingredient that would
    go in a salad.

Love for You
    mudra

Oh yes, aren't they nice, mudra? I love the flavor of those banababies Thubs Up
    That day of the green paprika disappearance, one of my cats looked rather
    pleased with itself. Never knew that a dog loves them too Lmfao
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:19 pm

Make Your Own Vitamin C Supplement At Home – It’s Easy And Costs You Nothing!

(TRFW News) For many years, people have used vitamin C supplements as a remedy for the common cold. Vitamin C is needed for the growth and repair of tissues in the body; it also contains antioxidants that help block free radical damage. (1)
    Unlike vitamin D, which can be manufactured in the body from the sun, vitamin C must come from an outside source and cannot be stored in the body. (1) Thus, the only way to get enough vitamin C is through food sources and supplements, however, did you know that almost all of the vitamin C supplements on the market come from genetically engineered corn? (2)
    You may be wondering how you can get enough vitamin C if you want to avoid store bought supplements. The simple answer is to make your own at no extra cost!

Importance of naringin and hesperidin flavonoids found in citrus peels

Homemade vitamin C has live enzymes, allowing for 100% assimilation in your body.  You needn’t bother with a dosage label or approval by the FDA. Your solution is citrus peels! (3)
    In citrus, there are different types of flavonoids, a compound that exhibits antioxidant properties in the human body. Naringin, a powerful antioxidant, is a flavonoid found in the peels of grapefruit, mandarin, and lemons. Several studies have indicated that naringin is so powerful that it may reduce radiation-induced damage to cells. (4,5,6,7)
    Hesperidin is another flavonoid found in the white inner layer of oranges, lemons, limes, and grapefruits. Studies have shown that hesperidin reduces the proliferation of cancer cells, induces programmed cell deaths (Cool, and plays an important role in helping those with hypoglycemia. (9)

Pharmaceutical companies and health food stores do not want you to know this!

It’s always best to purchase organic citrus fruits. After you eat the fruit, follow these four easy steps to make your own dried citrus powder:

1. Save all your citrus peels and spread them onto dehydrator trays.
    2. Allow the peels to dehydrate at 100 degrees F for about 24 hours, or until dry and crispy.
    3. Grind the peels in a blender of your choice until they are as fine or coarse as you want.
    4. Store in an airtight container and leave in a cool location. (10)

read on: http://news.therawfoodworld.com/make-vitamin-c-supplement-home-easy-costs-nothing/

Love Always
    mudra
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Post  B.B.Baghor Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:31 pm

Thank you, mudra! Home made is a beautiful way to be "in touch" with your food and body, it also saves huge amounts of money.
    Those home made vit. C supplements are a great way of making sustainable dried vit. C for a small price and space, also when
    traveling. I've done drying orange peelings, for a while, even whole slices of the fruit, cut at a 90 degrees angle from top to bottom
    core. These round wheels also provide vit. C and a tasty snack, dry-saved for moments all year round. For now, I have to restrict
    to apples, costwisely. Fresh lemon juice adds a great extra to many boiled vegetables, in taste as well as in vit. C.

I so like the smell of fresh grated lemon peelings and those of oranges! My Polish applepie is always made with grated orange peel
    in the dough. Only the orange part not the white beneath the orange No It's for the typical orangebitter flavor, not for vit. C.
    For those who prefer not to eat citrus, or even can't for whatever reasons, I know of people prefering to stick to the seasonal and
    local grown food, in Holland we've got no citrus trees growing, here's a couple of links to edible greens with a high dose of vit. C.

Raw Vegan Recipes - Page 7 Oxalis10

You’ll find wood sorrel in all parts of the world; species diversity is particularly rich in South America. Humans have used wood
    sorrel for food and medicine for millennia. The Kiowa Indians chewed on wood sorrel to alleviate thirst, and the Cherokee ate
    the plant to cure mouth sores. The leaves are a great source of vitamin C. The roots of the wood sorrel can be boiled. They’re
    starchy and taste a bit like a potato.

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2010/10/06/surviving-in-the-wild-19-common-edible-plants/

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Edible plants providing a high dose of vit. C are

Species (100 g), parts of plant, vitamin C content
    •Dog rose (Rosa canina), fruit, 1252 mg

•Balsam fir (Abies balsamea), needles, 270 mg

•Eastern white pine (Pinus strobus), bark and needles, 200 mg and 32 mg respectively

•Garlic mustard (Alliaria petiolata), aerial parts, 190 mg

•Red spruce (Picea rubens), needles, 169 mg

•Wild garlic (Allium vineale), leaves, 130 mg

•Garden yellow-rocket (Barbarea vulgaris), basal leaves, 130 mg

•Common blue violet (Viola sororia), basal leaves, 130 mg

•Lamb’s quarters (Chenopodium album), whole young plants, 130 mg

•Elderberry (Sambucus nigra), fruit, 116 mg

•Shepherd’s purse (Capsella bursa-pastoris), basal leaves of first year plants, 91 mg

•Wild leeks (Allium tricoccum), leaves, 80 mg

•Woodland strawberry (Fragaria vesca), fruit, 80 mg

•Mock strawberry (Duchesnea indica), leaves, 79 mg

•Eastern redbud (Cercis canadensis), flowers, 69 mg

•Mountain ash (Sorbus aucuparia), fruit, 68 mg

•Common yellow woodsorrel (Oxalis stricta), leaves, 59 mg

•Northern white cedar (Thuja occidentalis), needles, 45 mg

http://wildfoodism.com/2014/08/18/finding-vitamin-c-outside-the-grocery-store-looking-into-wild-sources/

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

"One of the best sources to get vitamin C is from the pine tree, white pine in particular. Although all pine trees make a healthy drink,
    white pine it superior. White pine needles are loaded with vitamins A and C, and it doesn’t end there. The vitamin C levels are so high
    (on average 5 times greater than lemons) who needs oranges! We’ve all heard about the power of resveratrol – pine needles have it!
    They also have quercetin, flavonoids, tannins, pine oils, anthocyanins, proanthocyanin and much more.

Other vitamin C teas you can make from plants you find in your backyard or on a hike include:

Purslane (Portulaca oleracea): also contains beta-carotene, omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin E.

Violet (Viola odorata) (flowers and leaves): high in vitamin C.

Lamb’s Quarters (Chenopodium album): This ranks as one of the most nutritious sources of food. High is vitamin C and A, lots of iron
    and packed with protein.

Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale): Rich with vitamin C, A, iron, calcium and much more.

Common mallow (Malva neglecta): Lots of vitamins C and A as well as selenium, iron, calcium and more.

Rose hips (Rosa canina): High in vitamin C.

Fireweed (Epilobium angustifolium): Loaded with vitamins A and C.

Wood sorrel (Oxalis species): The leaves are a great source of vitamin C (yet the flowers taste lemony.)

http://www.ediblewildfood.com/blog/2012/10/herbal-teas-with-vitamin-c/

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:32 am

How to Grow Your Own Blueberries

Raw Vegan Recipes - Page 7 Blue

Blueberries are one of the most sought after fruits in the grocery store, but you may have yourself asking, why on earth have I been paying these ridiculous prices when I could have been growing them myself? It is so easy you will regret not doing this whole time!
    Planting Your Bush:
    Choose the soil space; if you are interested in growing your own blueberries you will need to locate a sunny place, using well-worked, well-drained soil. The roots require constant moisture, so it is best to look for a place where irrigation is available.

Patio containers and raised beds are also good choices.

read on: Arrow http://buynongmoseeds.com/how-to-grow-your-own-blueberries/

Love Always
    mudra
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:23 pm

Raw Vegan Recipes - Page 7 Shutterstock_131660069
    Raw Cacao Truffles
    Author: Kimberly Snyder
    Ingredients
    ¾ cup raw cacao powder (available at health stores)
    2 cups ground raw almonds (preferably sprouted then dried first)
    ½ cup raw organic honey
    1 Tbs. organic coconut oil
    Pinch of Celtic sea salt
    1 cup shredded, dried unsweetened coconut flakes

Instructions
    Combine all the ingredients except for the coconut flakes in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
    Roll up your sleeves, take a small amount of the mixture, and roll small balls between your palms. Add your love!
    Dip each ball in a separate smaller bowl containing the coconut flakes.
    Freeze overnight to harden the truffles. I keep them frozen until they are ready to serve.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue May 26, 2015 3:46 pm

Raw Vegan Recipes - Page 7 Raw-Vegan-Meltaway-Lemon-balls

Raw Vegan Lemon Meltaway Balls

Ingredients

• 1 1/2 cup almond flour
    • 1/3 cup organic raw coconut flour
    • 1/2 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
    • 1 – 2 tablespoon organic maple syrup (or raw honey for non-vegan)
    • 3 organic lemons (fresh squeezed juice)
    • 2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
    • 1/4 cup organic coconut oil (melted/liquid)

Preparation

1. Put all ingredients into a food processor and process until well combined.
    2. Take out about a spoonful at a time and roll them in the palms of your hand into a ball shape.
    3. Leave them plain or roll in shredded coconut flakes, almond flour, or powdered sugar (not raw).
    4. Put them in the refrigerator to firm for about 10 – 15 minutes.
    5. Keep them in the refrigerator until ready to serve because they will get soft if left out at room temperature as the coconut oil melts.
    6. Enjoy!

http://www.onegreenplanet.org/plant-based-recipes/raw-vegan-lemon-meltaway-balls/

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:33 pm

Raw Carrot Falafels and Cauliflower Couscous Wrap with a Hummus Dressing

Raw Vegan Recipes - Page 7 Dsc_3677

Raw Carrot Falafels and Cauliflower Couscous Wrap with a Hummus Dressing

raw carrot falafels (see below)
    hummus dressing (see below)
    cauliflower couscous (see below)
    4 collard leaves

1. Dividing between each a collard leaf, place cauliflower couscous, place falafel overtop and drizzle with dressing.

Serves 3-4.

Raw Carrot Falafels
    Adapted from Choosing Raw

2 cups carrot pulp (or grated carrots)
    1 cup sesame seeds, ground
    2 tbsp ground flax seed
    1 tsp salt
    1 tbsp lemon juice
    2 tbsp olive oil
    1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
    2 cloves garlic, finely minced (or 1 tsp granulated garlic)
    2 tbsp green onion, finely chopped

1. Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.

2. Scoop out batter in 1.5″ balls and flatten slightly.

3. Place falafels on a Teflex lined dehydrator sheet.

4. Dehydrate at 115F for 2 hours, remove from Teflex sheet, turn upside down and place on mesh sheets. Dehydrate for another 2 hours until crisp on the outside but still soft on the inside.

Makes 18 falafels.

Hummus Dressing (or Dipping Sauce)
    Adapted from Choosing Raw (I originally used it in this Chickpea and Tofu Tahini Scramble)

1/3 cup hummus (I used our favourite traditional hummus)
    2 tbsp tahini
    1 tbsp tamari (I used Bragg’s)
    1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
    water, to thin to your desired consistency

1. Place all ingredients in a small cup and mix really well until well combined. Thin with additional water if desired, but I liked that this was pretty thick and more akin to a dipping sauce.

Makes a bit more than 3/4 cup.

Raw Cauliflower Couscous

2 cups chopped cauliflower
    1 tbsp lemon juice
    zest of half a lemon
    1 tsp olive oil
    a pinch of salt

1. In a food processor fitted with its S-blade, process cauliflower until it resembles small grains of rice or couscous. Stir in remainder of ingredients.

Arrow https://tastespace.wordpress.com/2013/05/26/raw-carrot-falafels-and-cauliflower-couscous-with-a-hummus-dressing/

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:56 pm

Raw Walnut Mushroom Taco Lettuce Wraps

Raw Vegan Recipes - Page 7 DSC_5781

Raw Mushroom Walnut Taco Lettuce Wraps

Serves 4-6

*Make sure you marinate your mushrooms and soak your walnuts at least 3 hours before making the wraps

Marinated Mushrooms

3 cups roughly chopped mushrooms
    3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
    2 tablespoons maple syrup
    1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
    1 teaspoon cold pressed olive oil (optional)

1. Place mushrooms in sealable container.

2. Mix together marinade ingredients and pour over mushrooms. Seal container and shake to coat mushrooms.

3. Let marinate for 2-3 hours (in the refrigerator), shaking occasionally to coat mushrooms.

Walnut Filling

2 cups walnuts, soaked for 2-3 hours, rinsed and drained
    Marinated mushrooms (from above recipe)
    1 teaspoon cumin
    1 teaspoon coriander
    1 teaspoon smoked paprika
    1 teaspoon chipotle powder
    fresh parsley, one handful
    1 cup cooked quinoa (optional)
    Himalayan salt and pepper to taste

1. Place walnuts in food processor. Pulse until chunky. Do not over process.

2. Add mushrooms and parsley. Pulse until combined and mushrooms and parsley are incorporated.

3. Stir in spices, quinoa and salt and pepper.

Note: These are spicy. You can cut the spices in half if you like things less spicy.

Assembly

Walnut mixture
    1 head butter lettuce
    1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
    1 avocado
    Himalayan salt and pepper

1. Place walnut mixture in lettuce leaf.

2. Top with avocado and tomato.

3. Finish with a grind of salt and pepper.

Arrow http://www.rawmazing.com/raw-walnut-mushroom-taco-lettuce-wraps/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+rawmazing+%28Rawmazing%29

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:03 pm

Raw Banana, Date & Walnut Loaf

Raw Vegan Recipes - Page 7 4018355_orig

This recipe is delicious served warm with a little spread of coconut butter or
    drizzle of maple or date syrup and a lovely cup of herbal tea! It's hard to believe it's raw!

Ingredients
    2 ½ cups walnuts
    1 cup psyllium husk
    1/2 cup ground flax seed
    6-8 very ripe bananas
    1 cup fresh dates, pitted and finely chopped
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp nutmeg
    1 tsp organic vanilla essence
    pinch of celtic salt
    1/4 cup maple syrup or sweetener of choice
    1/3 cup water

How to make:
    Process 2 cups of the walnuts in the food processor until they look like slightly chunky  flour.
    Remove from food processor and place into a big bowl.

Add psyllium husk, flaxseed, remainder of walnuts roughly chopped, dates and salt to the bowl.
    Place banana, water, spices, and maple syrup into the food processor and process. Mix the
    banana mixture into the big bowl of dry ingredients. Mix everything together with spoon.
    Add more water (1/8 cup) if necessary to get dry, dough like texture that you can shape into small loaves.

Shape into 4-5 small loaves.

Place directly onto dehydrator tray. Dehydrate at 145 degrees for 1 hour - then reduce temperature to 110 degrees. Dehydrate for another 6-8 hours or so.

*Tastes best if eaten right out of the dehydrator and thinly sliced.  These don't last long so
    if not eaten within a day or so, store in the freezer.

Arrow http://www.rawfoodforlife.org/raw-banana-date--walnut-loaf.html

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:28 am

Coconut Mango Pops [Vegan, Gluten-Free

Raw Vegan Recipes - Page 7 Pops

Ingredients

1 Can Coconut Cream or coconut milk. (14 oz or 1¾ cups)
    1 Ripe Mango
    ¼ Cup Sugar
    ¼ Cup Shredded Coconut
    1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
    ⅓ Cup Coconut Oil
    ½ Cup Rum (Optional but way more fun)

Preparation

Warm coconut cream and sugar on the stove on low, stirring until sugar has dissolved. If you use liquid sugar like agave, you can skip this step.
    Chop up mango and stir into coconut mix.
    Mix in all but a small amount of the coconut to garnish with later.
    Stir in rum!
    Pour into molds and freeze.
    Have a rum and coke while you wait.
    Once frozen prepare chocolate shell.
    Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in microwave or in a glass bowl resting over steaming water on the stove.
    Stir constantly until chocolate is smooth.
    Let chocolate cool down until no longer hot. Warm is ok.
    Pour chocolate into a cup large enough to dip popsicles.
    Remove 1 pop at a time from tray and dip into chocolate.
    Chocolate will harden quickly, so add a sprinkle of coconut right when you pull them out of the chocolate.
    Place pop on wax paper or a plate.
    Repeat with all pops!
    Eat right away, or place in a freezer proof container and save for later!

http://www.onegreenplanet.org/vegan-recipe/coconut-mango-pops/

Love Always
    mudra
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Post  B.B.Baghor Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:56 pm

Yippie.... Razz cheers these Coconut Mango Pops make my mouth water, mudra. Great recepee, thank you!
    Yumm... yummmie.

I have already found an organic shop called "Good Earth", during my first week in the UK. I have to walk an hour to and fro,
    burning the calories that will pop up again when taking the first bite Cheerful

Oh, by the way, I have wondered if coconut trees are treated as crops with the use of "nasty stuff" and I've recently met
    someone who worked in coconut plantations. I asked him about growing coconuts and the use of chemicals.
    He nodded "yes" and confirmed that they're usually not grown natural, for commercial produce.

So, I choose only organic coconut products, when it's prepared as food. The orange unrefined coconut-paste is a great
    treat to my feet, I find. I will look for a delicious dessert recepee I've brought with me overseas.
    In which compartment is it, I wonder......?

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:45 am

B.B.Baghor wrote:Yippie.... Razz cheers these Coconut Mango Pops make my mouth water, mudra. Great recepee, thank you!
    Yumm... yummmie.

I have already found an organic shop called "Good Earth", during my first week in the UK. I have to walk an hour to and fro,
    burning the calories that will pop up again when taking the first bite Cheerful

Oh, by the way, I have wondered if coconut trees are treated as crops with the use of "nasty stuff" and I've recently met
    someone who worked in coconut plantations. I asked him about growing coconuts and the use of chemicals.
    He nodded "yes" and confirmed that they're usually not grown natural, for commercial produce.

So, I choose only organic coconut products, when it's prepared as food. The orange unrefined coconut-paste is a great
    treat to my feet, I find. I will look for a delicious dessert recepee I've brought with me overseas.
    In which compartment is it, I wonder......?

I believe that about anything you can find in stores that's not organic is " chemically " grown BB.
    I am not even trusting the so called organic brand they are selling in large corporate stores theses days.
    Have fun with these coconut mango pops.
    I would replace the " sugar " by coconut sugar or agave syrup and use raw chocolate for a healthier treat flower

Love from me
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:49 am

3 Delicious Summer Recipes For This Powerful Flower

Today, I want to focus on a bright and cheery superherb that has been aiding humans for thousands of years but is somehow overlooked here in the United States. My three-year-old son is so enchanted by these common plants that he has coined his own nick-name for them – “wish-makers.” You might know them as dandelions.

Since I was young I’ve often wondered why certain plants are considered weeds and others are deemed worthy of keeping around. The more I delve into herbalism, the more I begin to see each plant for the medicinal treasure trove it is. And often times, the “weeds” are even more potent than their darling counterparts.

Dandelions pop up all over our lawns, but are usually weed-whacked away like unwanted pests. What most people don’t know is that they are destroying a medicinal powerhouse that many of our bodies greatly need.

Their English name comes from the French “Dent de lion” or “lions tooth,” a reference to their incisor-patterned leaves. In France, a centuries-old heritage of herbalism plays a large part in their legendary cuisine. Because of its versatility, both as a food and a medicine, the dandelion has long been a cherished ingredient in many of their prized dishes.

Below, I’m going to share three revered recipes that you can make with this often overlooked yard-dweller. But first, let’s do a quick run-through of the many health benefits that dandelions so graciously bestow upon us.

Backyard Benefits

1.) Liver health: the dandelion, or Taraxacum officinale is an incredible detoxifier. It contains potent oils and bitter resins that folk healers and doctors have prescribed for liver health for centuries. It also helps to maintain the proper flow of bile while stimulating the liver – this is the beginning of a positive feedback loop or upward spiral, which promotes proper digestion. This in turn decreases the chance of constipation, thus leading to a lower chance of developing more serious gastrointestinal problems.

2.) Anti-aging: the root and leaves of the dandelion are rich in antioxidants such as vitamin C and Luteolin, which prevent free radical damage to our cells and DNA. This is believed to substantially slow the aging process.

3.) Good for Bones: Dandelions are a good source of calcium, and probably the richest herbal source of vitamin K, both of which are great for bone health.

4.) Reduces Inflammation: dandelions contain phytonutrients and essential fatty acids that reduce inflammation in the body.

5.) Potential Anti-cancer Effects: dandelions contain active chemical constituents that are currently being studied for their ability to act against cancer cells. Luteolin, mentioned above, “sterilizes” cancer cells and prevents them from reproducing by deactivating key components of the cells when it binds to them.

6.) Memory function: the leaves are rich in choline which is proven to aid in restoring memory.

7.) Weight Loss & Blood Pressure: dandelions are diuretic in nature, so by promoting urination, “water weight” can be shed, and blood pressure can be lowered.

My friend and wild food expert, Daniel Vitalis, says that the herbs that our body needs the most tend to grow within a mile of us – just another way that mother earth looks out for her children. Makes sense that dandelions grow in almost every yard across the United States, doesn’t it?

Now onto the recipes! We’ve curated these scrumptious morsels from the time-honored cookbooks of French herbalists. I think your taste buds are going to thank you for these :)

*If you choose to wild-harvest your own dandelion greens and roots, make sure to pick from a safe location. Stay away from roadsides and unknown yards because toxic pesticides are often used to keep these so-called “weeds” at bay!

Summer Dandelion Salad:

dandelionstrainerIngredients:

1 teaspoon dijon mustard

1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar

4 tables spoons dried dulse

2 tablespoons minced red onion

3 tablespoons olive oil

1 bunch of dandelion greens

2 tablespoons raw pumpkin seed

1 ounce of parmesan cheese (if vegan, substitute with nutritional yeast)

Salt and freshly ground pepper

Preparation:

In a blender, mix the shallot, mustard, vinegar and dulse. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour into a small bowl and whisk in the oil in a slow stream.

Rinse / dry the dandelion greens and toss them in a large salad bowl with the dressing.

Lastly, top with either the parmesan or if you are a vegan, substitute with nutritional yeast.

Makes 4 Servings

Garlic Mushroom Dandelion Greens

Raw Vegan Recipes - Page 7 Dandeliongreens1

dandeliongreensIngredients:

2 bunches of dandelion greens, lightly chopped

5 cloves garlic, minced

1 red onion, chopped

3 ounces shitake mushrooms, sliced

1/2 cup red cooking wine

4 tbsp olive oil

Salt and pepper to taste

Preparation:

In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.

Add the garlic and onion. Sauté for 5 minutes, or until onions are translucent and lightly brown.

Add the shitake mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes until they have reduced and softened.

Add the dandelion greens, red wine, salt and pepper. Cover the skillet for about 7 minutes, or until the greens have softened.

Serves 4 to 6 people

Dandelion Pesto with Pine Nuts

Raw Vegan Recipes - Page 7 Dandelionpesto-e1435583727819

dandelionpestoIngredients:

1 large clove of garlic

1 large bunch of Italian flat leaf parsley

2 cups of chopped dandelion greens

1/2 fresh squeezed lemon juice

1/2 cup of pine nuts

3 tbsp parmesan cheese (if you’re a vegan, nutritional yeast is a good substitute!)

1/2 cup of olive oil

Sea salt

Preparation:

Fill a medium-sized sauce pan with water and bring to a boil.

Blanch the greens, by placing the dandelion greens and parsley in the pot, making sure everything is fully submerged. Only cook for 1 minute.

Strain the water from the saucepan and fill again with cold water to halt the cooking process.

Strain the greens again and transfer them into a blender or food processor.

Add the pine nuts, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, a pinch of sea salt to the mixture and blend until you’ve reached your consistency of choice.

Serves 6 people

Like my grandfather always used to say, “One man’s trash is another man’s treasure.” The dandelion is a great reminder of the hidden treasures that mother nature unfurls right under our noses.

Arrow Arrow http://www.thesacredscience.com/blog1/3-delicious-summer-recipes-for-this-power-flower?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=The%20Sacred%20Science%20Free%20Online%20Screening&utm_content=TSS_3DandelionRecipes+%2806%2F28%2F15%29

Love Always
    mudra
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Post  B.B.Baghor Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:24 pm

Raw Vegan Recipes - Page 7 Dandel10

That's a welcome post, mudra, these dandelion recipes Thubs Up These last weeks, I'm so immersed in green wild herbs,
    edible or "weedy nuisances", as people often label them, but not a nuisance to me at all. Garden work is a blessing to me.
    I'm eating dandelion leaves almost every day in my warm meal, picking an amount of 8 large leaves or more smaller ones,
    fresh from clean locations nearby. With whatever vegetables I prepare my meals, these dandelion leaves I cut up a bit
    and add them to the vegetables in the last 3 minutes or so and leave it to simmer, taking the rawness slightly off them.
    The slightly bitter taste is very nice, to my taste. Making a tortilla with fine cut dandelion leaves and onion, proves to be
    an interesting mix of flavors. For vegans eggs are not welcome of course.

Specially now, since I arrived on July 1st in Avalon area, there's an abundance of clean locations, for picking edible greens,
    even in the veggie patch of the garden where I'm working in now, each Thursday morning. They've been growing freely,
    as the patch was left to its own plan, for a while. Lots of farmers here return to the old ways of farming, which is organic.

This morning the friendly couple next to where my apartment is, in the lane, invited me for seeds and lettuce gifts.
    The man who tends the garden, gave me a "tour de jardin" and I marveled at the abundance of fruit-trees, with varieties
    of apples, lots of them. "Well, Somerset is known as apple-county" he explained. I can see the apple-pies flying, IFO's
    (identified flying objects) Bleh out of the oven already. His wife came to me with a green woolen winter coat, which she
    planned to bring to a charity shop, but hearing me say that I didn't bring my winter clothes, she changed her mind Cheerful

My other neighbor grows a lot of garlic and my landlord told me today, that I can ask for some, when I see him working in
    the garden on the other side of the wall. The pesto-recepee with dandelion leaves is well worth a try making it with ground-
    alder, for a change Cheerful Forgive me, for posting a bit of a diary here, off topic. At times, I cannot believe I'm in the UK
    and fulfilled my dream, you know?
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:14 pm

“How to Grow Your Own Nutrient Dense Superfoods for Pennies” by Ken Rohla

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8slAWlDpj1w

Love Always
    mudra
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:11 pm

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:53 am

Paleo Wraps 'At-Cost' - What I Eat in a Day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7Rp2JI_GXo

Love Always
    mudra

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:12 am