tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

4 posters

Going Vegan Soon...

SpiralOut
    SpiralOut

Going Vegan Soon... Empty Going Vegan Soon...

Post  SpiralOut Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:33 am

So I have been thinking about it and researching about it and I plan on making the life style change to vegan very soon. I just wanted to make a point that I am extrememly limited when it comes to money so I was just looking for some site suggestions or just tips of your own that you could give me on how to shop vegan and how to keep the most money in my pocket when I do. Any help is greatly appreciated. :)
    mudra
    mudra

Going Vegan Soon... Empty Re: Going Vegan Soon...

Post  mudra Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:42 am

What a great idea SpiraOut Big Grin 3

If you want to keep it simple yet delicious and nutricious I would invest in the following:

Cereals of various kinds: brown rice, buckwheat, barley,millet , quinoa ...

Legumes: lentils, adzukis, chickpeas ...
    (some of those are a good source of proteins)

Grow own vegetables if you can or buy from organic local farms

Fruits can be brought there too and some as well as nuts can be collected in the wild.

Look for wild edibles too like nettles, dandelion, mushrooms...

Organic cold pressed oil : safflower, sesame, olive...

Cider Vinegar

Make you own indoor sproutings from various seeds

Grow your own herbs: thyme, rosmary, basil...

Tamari is great to add flavour to a meal as well as gomasio ( sesame salt )

What you can eat raw do so and if you need to cook do it gently ( low temperature or lightly steamed)

Links you may find interesting on this site :

Raw Vegan Recipes

http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t4236-raw-vegan-recipes

Wild edibles

http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t1443-wild-edibles

Vegetarian kitchen

http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t4193-vegetarian-kitchen

eat the weeds

http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t2533-eattheweeds

Growing microgreens and sprouts at home

http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t2385-growing-microgreens-and-sprouts-at-home

Have fun Cheerful

Love from me

mudra
    SpiralOut
    SpiralOut

Post  SpiralOut Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:10 am

Wow, what a wonderfully helpful reply. Very Happy Thank you for being such a thoughtful and generous person! I'm going to jump right into more research at this very moment.

Love and light to you friend!
    enemyofNWO
    enemyofNWO

Post  enemyofNWO Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:05 pm

Benefit of a Vegan or vegetarian diet , not often discussed .
    A small percentage of the population suffer from " Kidney insufficiency " . This condition causes the accumulation in the blood of a waste called : Creatinine " . This creatinin is created by eating , Fish , Chicken , Fish . To reduce the creatinine the hospitals use dialisys machines . However eating a Vega or vegetarian diet helps in reducing the creatinin from the blood system in a natural way .
    The problem is that humans have changed their diet tremendously in the last 100 years . My grand parents did not eat regularly meat , poultry and fish but rather , grain , polenta porridge , beans cheeses and preserved ham . Once a week or so , if the money was available , they would eat poultry . Today the eatings habits gravitate toward , meat , chicken and fish that stress the digestive system and produce creatinine . Some people do not even know that they have " Kidney insufficiency " until they end up in hospital .
    I am a vegetarian now , but not a vegan , I eat once a day half a cup of one of those LEGUMES : Cheek peas , beans (borlotti ) or lentils . They are equivalent or nearly equivalent from a point of view of protein to meat , chicken and fish . Usually a Risotto with vegetables and one of those legumes keeps me happy . I also eat a lot of fruit , but not bananas . Occasionally I eat a small amount of cheese or have one egg for lunch .
    Once in a blue moon I will have a slice of chicken schnitzel .
    I think that the future of mankind is Vegetarian , soon or later people will have to adapt by necessity . Wars , Earth disasters , Sun activity will reduce the availability of food .

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/creatinine-and-creatinine-clearance
    SpiralOut
    SpiralOut

Post  SpiralOut Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:09 pm

For some reason I have been naturally just not wanting meat anymore, or sweets or dairy usually either. Makes my stomach turn sometimes even when I'm really hungry. I really want to cut meat and dairy out completely. I love fruits, beans and veggies so I shouldn't have any problems going from omnivore to vegetarian.

I had no clue about the creatine, I have made this choice in the hopes that I will just feel healthier, my appetite will improve, and my digestive system will improve. Great to know though, the more pros the merrier!

Thanks for the info enemyoftheNWO, it is appreciated. :)
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:56 am

I am a vegetarian too since I can't cut out parmesan cheese from may pasta dish and milk from cappuccino (though I drink it rarely). I will also use an egg or two for some dishes from time to time.
    I recommend drinking vegetable and fruit juice (freshly squeezed of course) 2 a day. They will give you so much energy for a whole day.
    This is one of my favourite:
    - raw beets ( you have to remember one thing about raw beets juice, do not drink it immediately, put it in the fridge for about 2 hours as certain toxic substances must evaporate from it first)
    - apples
    - fresh ginger (just a slice)

Beets are excellent for hemoglobin...

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:55 pm