tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+9
anomalous cowherd
SiriArc
Mercuriel
Carol
reality=check
mudra
lindabaker
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Floyd
13 posters

What would you do if the internet went down today?

Nebula
    Nebula

What would you do if the internet went down today? - Page 2 Empty Re: What would you do if the internet went down today?

Post  Nebula Mon May 10, 2010 5:58 am

Floyd wrote:There is an interesting post by kulapops over on PA2
    http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?1678-Time-is-short.-Ashtar-message/page14

basically she saying shes been reading all the same stuff over and over again for a while and nothing ever happens. I dont see anything new about PA2. Just endless debate and a semi open forum. Its the best post I ever read on any forum anywhere.
    People are talking about 2012, WW3, NWO economic collapse and forming communities and are mostly just discussing it til they are blue in the face. Thats hardly revolutionary now is it?
    If the internet went down today, or next year all of a sudden what would happen.
    Are friendships and networks or potential communities established enough to survive a non electronic world. Surley its not enough to hide in a cave with 500 cans of baked beans a sleeping bag and an anti tank missile?
    From what I can see, the much vaunted ground crew is semi transparent over at PA2 and the rest of those wishing for sustainable community I havent heard anything about. Just endless discussion about what colour underpants Thubans wear and Inter galactic govenments.
    Does anyone know of any success stories with regard to taking action in the Camelot community? Id like to hear about them.

Kulapops hit the nail right on the head.

Life goes on even without the internet :) I see Kulopops' perspective and i love his question that i bolded above. I say this: Its the same ole same ole for kulapops, but there is always someone out there learning something new. I would advice kulapops to initiate the changes or visions or whatever he wishes to see or bring about. And this actually applies to all of us, we have to remind ourselves constantly. I do thank Kulapops as the catlyst for bringing this up, because we are now discussing it. So, since we are all co-creators here, where are we going to take this?

Last edited by Nebula on Mon May 10, 2010 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : gender)
    Floyd
    Floyd

What would you do if the internet went down today? - Page 2 Empty Re: What would you do if the internet went down today?

Post  Floyd Mon May 10, 2010 6:04 am

Nebula wrote:
    Floyd wrote:There is an interesting post by kulapops over on PA2
    http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?1678-Time-is-short.-Ashtar-message/page14

basically she saying shes been reading all the same stuff over and over again for a while and nothing ever happens. I dont see anything new about PA2. Just endless debate and a semi open forum. Its the best post I ever read on any forum anywhere.
    People are talking about 2012, WW3, NWO economic collapse and forming communities and are mostly just discussing it til they are blue in the face. Thats hardly revolutionary now is it?
    If the internet went down today, or next year all of a sudden what would happen.
    Are friendships and networks or potential communities established enough to survive a non electronic world. Surley its not enough to hide in a cave with 500 cans of baked beans a sleeping bag and an anti tank missile?
    From what I can see, the much vaunted ground crew is semi transparent over at PA2 and the rest of those wishing for sustainable community I havent heard anything about. Just endless discussion about what colour underpants Thubans wear and Inter galactic govenments.
    Does anyone know of any success stories with regard to taking action in the Camelot community? Id like to hear about them.

Kulapops hit the nail right on the head.

Life goes on even without the internet :) I see Kulopops' perspective and i love her question that i bolded above. I say this: Its the same ole same ole for kulapops, but there is always someone out there learning something new. I would advice kulapops to initiate the changes or visions or whatever she wishes to see or bring about. And this actually applies to all of us, we have to remind ourselves constantly. I do thank Kulapops as the catlyst for bringing this up, because we are now discussing it. So, since we are all co-creators here, where are we going to take this?
    Actually the passage you put in bold was mine. I agree with you..where are we taking this.
    Nebula
    Nebula

Post  Nebula Mon May 10, 2010 6:09 am

Oh kool Floyd! thanks for pointing that out :) Yes the question still remains, 'where are we taking this?'
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Mon May 10, 2010 6:24 am

All of your insightful questions have made me think a lot about what our future may hold and how different cultures will deal with possible breakdowns of every sort. First of all, the ground crews, and the Camelot internet community are spread out all over the globe. Of course, we will not be in close proximity if we go to survival level, gods forbid. What we will have, however, is some mental preparation. We may not be able to speak to each other, but I think leaders will emerge on a local level. I would think that very very few people in my area have ever visited the Camelot or Avalon sites. If we look at different cultures, though, we may have an indication of how new sustainable communities may be organized if need be. The communities who are closer to pioneering ways will probably do better. Not only skills, but the inherent knowledge of how cooperation guarantees most efficient survival. For example, Americans of the fifth to seventh generation have great grandparents or great great grandparents who already did this. And their knowledge has not been lost! My ancestor, a Talmadge, founded McKean county, Penna. He came up a creek with a canoe, a sack of oats, a rifle and a violin. He survived. My other ancestors got off the boat into total wilderness in 1658. They passed on all of their attitudes as well. The attitude that only cooperation will get the crop planted, the barn raised, the harvest done and the children fed. Perhaps the Asian or European cultures are so many generations removed from pioneering that they don't have the stories or the attitude of necessary cooperation. The idea of we are all in this together is still running in the American people's veins, along with a lot of native american dna. We will be fine. We remember.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Mon May 10, 2010 12:58 pm

We all know that the basics are shelter, water and food. Knowing how to create a shelter is even covered in a Boy's Scout manual. I order an old second hand manual cheap from Amazon and have that with our book collection.

I've also been accumulating the Fox Fire series. I think the real issue for most folks is survival in the climate they end up in and who the neighbors are.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    dominic777
    dominic777

Post  dominic777 Mon May 10, 2010 3:11 pm

Carol wrote:We all know that the basics are shelter, water and food. Knowing how to create a shelter is even covered in a Boy's Scout manual. I order an old second hand manual cheap from Amazon and have that with our book collection.

I've also been accumulating the Fox Fire series. I think the real issue for most folks is survival in the climate they end up in and who the neighbors are.

yes i agree with Carol on this one.....We need H.Q's in each country for example Glastonbury UK, Sedona USA...etc.....and people can make their way there if they need help,,we also need some sort of badge of recognition ,and the farmers on the forum can start to collect food water etc and put them into some of their barns......rest of us collect as much gold as we can
    lol
    dominic
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Tue May 11, 2010 1:42 am

dominic777 wrote:
    Carol wrote:We all know that the basics are shelter, water and food. Knowing how to create a shelter is even covered in a Boy's Scout manual. I order an old second hand manual cheap from Amazon and have that with our book collection.

yes i agree with Carol on this one.....We need H.Q's in each country for example Glastonbury UK, Sedona USA...etc.....and people can make their way there if they need help,,we also need some sort of badge of recognition ,and the farmers on the forum can start to collect food water etc and put them into some of their barns......rest of us collect as much gold as we can
    lol
    dominic
    This is more or less what im trying to set up but with only 3 people joined I rather feel im wasting my time. It seems to be the case peole like to talk about doing thing things instead of doing them. Its a mechanism to avoid dealing with the impending reality. I was involved with one group here in England. people came and went and talked about things forever and never did anything. Its just the way it is. Nobody prepared to take any meaningful action til a major event prompts them by which time it could make their plight more difficult.
    Its fine to make friends and talk about ideas but ive always thought if you are really want to do something you should do it.
    dominic777
    dominic777

Post  dominic777 Tue May 11, 2010 2:35 am

Floyd wrote:
    dominic777 wrote:

lol
    dominic
    This is more or less what im trying to set up but with only 3 people joined I rather feel im wasting my time. It seems to be the case peole like to talk about doing thing things instead of doing them. Its a mechanism to avoid dealing with the impending reality. I was involved with one group here in England. people came and went and talked about things forever and never did anything. Its just the way it is. Nobody prepared to take any meaningful action til a major event prompts them by which time it could make their plight more difficult.
    Its fine to make friends and talk about ideas but ive always thought if you are really want to do something you should do it.
    OK
    Lets start...Glastonbury is the obvious place for the UK, anyone from GLASTONBURY..The identification badge...is the Tor and all you have to say if you meet anyone is:..".I am from the Mists of Avalon"......Is there any farmers willing to take on the challenge?..
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Tue May 11, 2010 2:44 am

dominic777 wrote:
    Floyd wrote:
    dominic777 wrote:

lol
    dominic
    OK
    Lets start...Glastonbury is the obvious place for the UK, anyone from GLASTONBURY..The identification badge...is the Tor and all you have to say if you meet anyone is:..".I am from the Mists of Avalon"......Is there any farmers willing to take on the challenge?..
    All folks have to do is make a tentative group in their own area. Im not talking about a fully fledged community, rather a focal point, then take it from there.
    http://newearth2.webstarts.com/start_up_projects.html
    Join add yourself to the map then form a local network. It may actually be an enjoyable and productive experience.
    dominic777
    dominic777

Post  dominic777 Tue May 11, 2010 2:50 am

Floyd wrote:
    dominic777 wrote:
    Floyd wrote:
    dominic777 wrote:

lol
    dominic
    OK
    All folks have to do is make a tentative group in their own area. Im not talking about a fully fledged community, rather a focal point, then take it from there.
    Join add yourself to the map then form a local network. It may actually be an enjoyable and productive experience.

Thank you Floyd, it would not be wise to advertise too much, we just need to go in case of an emergency.....uk Glastonbury etc.......get some local farmers around there to prepare etc...you and I can organise it
    lol
    dom
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Tue May 11, 2010 2:59 am

dominic777 wrote:
    Floyd wrote:
    dominic777 wrote:
    Floyd wrote:
    dominic777 wrote:

lol
    dominic
    OK

Thank you Floyd, it would not be wise to advertise too much, we just need to go in case of an emergency.....uk Glastonbury etc.......get some local farmers around there to prepare etc...you and I can organise it
    lol
    dom
    Dom. no need to be paranoid, no one really cares about a handful of conspiracy theorists getting together to grow carrots. Fear is the mind killer etc. Besides there are other communities doing this. Its important that people know what options they have and where it is and that takes a bit more organising than a password and a couple of would be farmers Im afraid lol. Your intention is good though as you are in the process of actually getting of your arse and doing something.
    dominic777
    dominic777

Post  dominic777 Tue May 11, 2010 3:46 am

Floyd wrote:
    dominic777 wrote:
    Floyd wrote:
    dominic777 wrote:
    Floyd wrote:
    dominic777 wrote:

lol
    dominic
    OK

lol
    dom
    Dom. no need to be paranoid, no one really cares about a handful of conspiracy theorists getting together to grow carrots. Fear is the mind killer etc. Besides there are other communities doing this. Its important that people know what options they have and where it is and that takes a bit more organising than a password and a couple of would be farmers Im afraid lol. Your intention is good though as you are in the process of actually getting of your arse and doing something.

Apathy is the killer, if this internet goes down, .people will be going around like headless chickens...however if they had one place they know where they could meet like minded people , then they can get themselves organised.....therefore it is not paranoia but good common sense and preparedness.....I suggest we start by saying "GLASTONBURY" is the place in the UK as this is the mists of Avalon.....let everyone close down their computers for a week and see how far they get...lol
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Tue May 11, 2010 3:57 am

You are right about apathy Dom and of peoples reluctancy to get away from their computers.
    Simply turning up at a pre arranged location with no preparedness whatsoever is not a feasable answer though. I do understand were you are coming from but there needs to be some cordination im afraid. What would people wear. how would they get there, where would they sleep, what would they wear, what will they eat and how will they get it,,how much of it will there be how will they get there, how will they cook food, is there a list of people willing to put people up in said locations.. what if one of our number cant make it somewhere..is there anyone who can help them get somewhere. There needs to be networking and pre planningthe list is quite an important one. Talking does not answer the questions that have been posed on the avalon, camelot and other forums the last three years or so. It helps but It doesnt create a solution.
    dominic777
    dominic777

Post  dominic777 Tue May 11, 2010 4:16 am

quote:
    You are right about apathy Dom and of peoples reluctancy to get away
    from their computers.
    Simply turning up at a pre arranged location
    with no preparedness whatsoever is not a feasable answer though. I do
    understand were you are coming from but there needs to be some
    cordination im afraid. What would people wear. how would they get there,
    where would they sleep, what would they wear, what will they eat and
    how will they get it,,how much of it will there be how will they get
    there, how will they cook food, is there a list of people willing to put
    people up in said locations.. what if one of our number cant make it
    somewhere..is there anyone who can help them get somewhere. There needs
    to be networking and pre planningthe list is quite an important one.
    Talking does not answer the questions that have been posed on the
    avalon, camelot and other forums the last three years or so. It helps
    but It doesnt create a solution.

This is not a survival scenario,it will be a communication exercise.....people will bring their own food etc...if the internet goes down , what can people do?....they are stuck, no-one to link to...therefore ...when they have the time they can make their way to say Glastonbury find people of the same ilk... and decide the way forward...If the internet goes down today all people on all these esoteric forums will be lost....due to the fact no-one really knows each other personally....all we have in common is our thoughts...we need reality now
    lol
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Tue May 11, 2010 4:31 am

Its not just about survival Dom. Its about like minds galvanising themselves as they are united in feeling the need to do something. Through places like this they have united in a belief that something might happen and if it does it would be jolly nice to do something about it. There is a group consciousness at play. Your exercise would only proove the point that nobody would be bothered to make the effort. Its not just about Glastonbury, its about all of us all over the planet. Sure I could meet you on Glastonbury Tor one summers day and whisper the password in your ear. maybe 2 people might turn up and we would all end up in the pub and talk about things even more.
    I think we have different approaches. Mine is one of networking, preparedness, interconnection and an exchange of practical ideas so that groups can form locally with some purpose and the best way to do that is online at the moment which is why I set up the virtual community.
    Your exercise is a good idea but its just another meet up. meet ups could go on for years and nothing could be achieved.
    Can we change the password to "the fat man walks alone whilst the pigeon flies south"!!
    dominic777
    dominic777

Post  dominic777 Tue May 11, 2010 4:44 am

Floyd wrote:Its not just about survival Dom. Its about like minds galvanising themselves as they are united in feeling the need to do something. Through places like this they have united in a belief that something might happen and if it does it would be jolly nice to do something about it. There is a group consciousness at play. Your exercise would only proove the point that nobody would be bothered to make the effort. Its not just about Glastonbury, its about all of us all over the planet. Sure I could meet you on Glastonbury Tor one summers day and whisper the password in your ear. maybe 2 people might turn up and we would all end up in the pub and talk about things even more.
    I think we have different approaches. Mine is one of networking, preparedness, interconnection and an exchange of practical ideas so that groups can form locally with some purpose.
    Your exercise is a good idea but its just another meet up. meet ups could go on for years and nothing could be achieved.
    Can we change the password to "the fat man walks alone whilst the pigeon flies south"!!

Glastonbury was an example Floyd..this pattern would be done world-wide.
    This how I see it...To get to 5D ascension we have to have the right frequency...then we will go into a parallel Earth and receive corporeal bodies more spirit than matter ...however we will still have both.....the ascension is to the ANTI-MATTER , A PLACE HIDDEN TO US...anti-matter will produce positrons......therefore there are 6 billion people in darkness (ignorance) and we have to try and raise their frequency...i have a few ideas about this...at a specific timeline if you have reached the desired frequency , you will change over in a blinking of an eye...however prior to that there will be a lot of negativism.....net going down etc
    loldom
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Tue May 11, 2010 5:00 am

The planet may well be about to dislodge 6 billion souls. There are many theories around Dom and yours is just one of them. What im interested in is the practicalities
    of forming groups and communities through this forum and putting people in touch with each other then watching the network grow like a beautiful flower, promoting positivity,preparedness,inter-connection and more.
    Ive read a million posts/articles about 4D 5D ascension and other such subjects but now im only interested in doing something and not in opinions.
    many people are happy to talk and nothing and thats fine. maybe they are frightened. Its time to connect for those who want to I would say.
    anomalous cowherd
    anomalous cowherd

Post  anomalous cowherd Tue May 11, 2010 5:01 am

If the net goes down and all that implicates, the people you need to network with live right next door.

Anything major that happens will render the most previously close minded people teachable, so you'll have plenty of people to talk with..
    Since we still live in a material world, the materials you may need to survive are going to most likely be right where you are. God knows, some of us have a surplus of materials , and our own gardens. Why pack a bedroll and have nothing? so someone can ensconce themselves in your hard earned lair whislt you go mooning about in glastonbury? along with a bunch of other aimless souls?

The thing about the oddballs ( like us) being glued to our computers, it has broadened the gap between us and our neighbors, making the information we have less in the mix than if we had persevered in getting the message out there drip by drip with more contact. My partner has amazing conversations with the most unlikely people at all sorts of places, most recently late at night at a service station with a group of mildly drunk chavs. Just be open to what is already present.No need to go madmax, not yet at least.

I know nobody listened in the past but even the village idiot has a clue these days, probably always did. Might even be the village shaman.

Anyhow, who knows what the heck is going to happen? we may know ( or think we do) how things GOT like this, but ANYTHING can happen from here on. Nobody knows, and anyone who thinks they do is most likely deluded.

Grow a garden, start a windowbox, talk to the people you shunned. before, they may be your best alies. At least you might get together and stop the person with a bedroll from stealing your carrots.

Do you live in London, Floyd?
    dominic777
    dominic777

Post  dominic777 Tue May 11, 2010 5:07 am

anomalous cowherd wrote:If the net goes down and all that implicates, the people you need to network with live right next door.

Anything major that happens will render the most previously close minded people teachable, so you'll have plenty of people to talk with..
    Since we still live in a material world, the materials you may need to survive are going to most likely be right where you are. God knows, some of us have a surplus of materials , and our own gardens. Why pack a bedroll and have nothing? so someone can ensconce themselves in your hard earned lair whislt you go mooning about in glastonbury? along with a bunch of other aimless souls?

The thing about the oddballs ( like us) being glued to our computers, it has broadened the gap between us and our neighbors, making the information we have less in the mix than if we had persevered in getting the message out there drip by drip with more contact. My partner has amazing conversations with the most unlikely people at all sorts of places, most recently late at night at a service station with a group of mildly drunk chavs. Just be open to what is already present.No need to go madmax, not yet at least.

I know nobody listened in the past but even the village idiot has a clue these days, probably always did. Might even be the village shaman.

Anyhow, who knows what the heck is going to happen? we may know ( or think we do) how things GOT like this, but ANYTHING can happen from here on. Nobody knows, and anyone who thinks they do is most likely deluded.

Grow a garden, start a windowbox, talk to the people you shunned. before, they may be your best alies. At least you might get together and stop the person with a bedroll from stealing your carrots.

sorry AC, i have tried talking to people next door and they are deaf and blind..inotherwords on a totally different frequency...you answered the question yourself..all we do is talk on the computer...there is no action or reality...if the net goes down....we will be knackered.....and as far a mooning around Glastonbury goes.....Glastonbury is AVALON
    dominic777
    dominic777

Post  dominic777 Tue May 11, 2010 5:10 am

Floyd wrote:Its not just about survival Dom. Its about like minds galvanising themselves as they are united in feeling the need to do something. Through places like this they have united in a belief that something might happen and if it does it would be jolly nice to do something about it. There is a group consciousness at play. Your exercise would only proove the point that nobody would be bothered to make the effort. Its not just about Glastonbury, its about all of us all over the planet. Sure I could meet you on Glastonbury Tor one summers day and whisper the password in your ear. maybe 2 people might turn up and we would all end up in the pub and talk about things even more.
    I think we have different approaches. Mine is one of networking, preparedness, interconnection and an exchange of practical ideas so that groups can form locally with some purpose and the best way to do that is online at the moment which is why I set up the virtual community.
    i agree with you...what I am saying is..Glastonbury is AVALON..therefore if things get difficult and the net goes down , that would be the obvious place to go and meet like minded people
    lol
    anomalous cowherd
    anomalous cowherd

Post  anomalous cowherd Tue May 11, 2010 5:15 am

If you are going 5D none of the above applies, and I certainly am not going to worry about whether or not my aura is the right size/shape/color/vibration or have to uplfit others as well so I get invited to the big 6 billion soul kiss off , mini lol.
    I just don't want to watch people starve to death or fight over a tin of beans. So either way community gardens or ascension would solve that little problem I guess. If the sun spots kills us, so much easier as well.
    Things will eventually become clearer and better, I feel it in my waters. Ive spent years trying to wake people up, now I'm going to let the chaos do what I could never do.
    anomalous cowherd
    anomalous cowherd

Post  anomalous cowherd Tue May 11, 2010 5:22 am

Actually dominic, many say Tintagel is Avalon, and it's in ruins.
    Avalon is where you make it. Nobody listens to me either, but they will soon enough, and if not so what? No carrots to them. What would you do if the internet went down today? - Page 2 Icon_wink
    dominic777
    dominic777

Post  dominic777 Tue May 11, 2010 5:24 am

anomalous cowherd wrote:Actually dominic, many say Tintagel is Avalon, and it's in ruins.
    Avalon is where you make it. Nobody listens to me either, but they will soon enough, and if not so what? No carrots to them. What would you do if the internet went down today? - Page 2 Icon_wink
    Avalon could also be Winchester....therefore the myth is in the soul....positive sound...love compassion altruism
    lol
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Tue May 11, 2010 5:31 am

anomalous cowherd wrote:If the net goes down and all that implicates, the people you need to network with live right next door.

I grow veg in pots and though I lived in London for 11 years I am well away from there now.
    All im saying is if you have a chance to move to an area with like minds then you should seriously consider doing so.
    If all things we have been talking about over the last few years come to pass there is likley to be a lot of trauma mental illness, crime,suicide, underwater oil terminals, state police and disease (book your holidays now)b in towns and cities so I dont think your neighbours will be much use or your few carrots (AC im coming to pinch your carrots)
    Ascensionism is in danger of, if it hasnt already installing a sense of elitism in its adherants.
    wasnt it Jesus who said the meek shall inherit the earth?
    There are choices to be made and if you can all im saying isthere is a way you can improve your chances even if you would want to still be around.

Last edited by Floyd on Tue May 11, 2010 5:41 am; edited 5 times in total
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Tue May 11, 2010 5:32 am

dominic777 wrote:
    anomalous cowherd wrote:Actually dominic, many say Tintagel is Avalon, and it's in ruins.
    Avalon could also be Winchester....therefore the myth is in the soul....positive sound...love compassion altruism
    lol
    Or it could be a state of mind.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:11 pm