tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+9
anomalous cowherd
SiriArc
Mercuriel
Carol
reality=check
mudra
lindabaker
GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
Floyd
13 posters

What would you do if the internet went down today?

Floyd
    Floyd

What would you do if the internet went down today? Empty What would you do if the internet went down today?

Post  Floyd Wed May 05, 2010 6:52 am

There is an interesting post by kulapops over on PA2
    http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?1678-Time-is-short.-Ashtar-message/page14

basically she saying shes been reading all the same stuff over and over again for a while and nothing ever happens. I dont see anything new about PA2. Just endless debate and a semi open forum. Its the best post I ever read on any forum anywhere.
    People are talking about 2012, WW3, NWO economic collapse and forming communities and are mostly just discussing it til they are blue in the face. Thats hardly revolutionary now is it?
    If the internet went down today, or next year all of a sudden what would happen.
    Are friendships and networks or potential communities established enough to survive a non electronic world. Surley its not enough to hide in a cave with 500 cans of baked beans a sleeping bag and an anti tank missile?
    From what I can see, the much vaunted ground crew is semi transparent over at PA2 and the rest of those wishing for sustainable community I havent heard anything about. Just endless discussion about what colour underpants Thubans wear and Inter galactic govenments.
    Does anyone know of any success stories with regard to taking action in the Camelot community? Id like to hear about them.

Kulapops hit the nail right on the head.
    GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
    GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT

What would you do if the internet went down today? Empty Re: What would you do if the internet went down today?

Post  GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT Wed May 05, 2010 8:58 am

To start and build a sustainable community you need money and more money.
    So as long as we are playing by 3D rules it is not that easy.
    Every single one of us, has got a job and a place where they live.
    In order for someone to start a community you need to have the means to do it...That means money, time and space....
    We are scattered all over the place!...some people does not have the money to invest...and worse still...I do not think that there is that many people I like to be living with....

I do not have the money, neither the people nor the space to build a sustainable community...so that means that it is not something I should be thinking about.

I tried to start a self sustaining community in South America but due to the lack of money and also the amount of local problems, it was decided that it did not worth it.
    I did my bit but realised that the sustainable community could be very easily destroyed during earth changes.
    IF Earth changes are going to be massive, there are not many places where you can hide...
    if Earth changes are not that bad...then I will have time in the future to build such a community but NOT NOW, and not exactly in the NEXT TWO YEARS.

I am following my intuition here...
    So as long as the group is not formed, and the money is not available I am not planning to do more ....Frankly there is not much I can do about it.
    the only thing I can do is live my life.

The worst part of the whole project is to find like-minded people ...and as far as I can tell you, I have not found them yet..

I have the feeling that everything will fit together at the right point in time.

In the meantime I wil try to live, breath and be happy......as much as I can...

Blessings

What would you do if the internet went down today? Suspect What would you do if the internet went down today? Suspect What would you do if the internet went down today? Suspect
    GOPL
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

What would you do if the internet went down today? Empty Re: What would you do if the internet went down today?

Post  lindabaker Wed May 05, 2010 11:07 am

Dear Goddess: I'm old now, and sometimes give unsolicited advice. Here goes: since you can't move to a sustainable community to have the ideal situation, you can take whatever steps you can to make your present situation as empowered as possible. For example, if you live in a place where you can't do gardening, you could start a community garden to get some practice in the meantime. Or plant on your apartment deck or terrace. Start harvesting heirloom seeds for the next planting season.

In the meantime, you could be open to signals from your higher self as to what large steps to take next. Is there a place that feels better to you? Can you connect your work with this new place? It may take a year or more, but if you are aware of connections with your heart, things will open up and seem to magically fall into place. Job offers and family moves can be unexpected. Be sure that when the opportunity comes, that you say Yes, instead of No. I did that two years ago. It manifested so quickly I'm still unpacking. I followed my heart, not my head. Good luck to you! Find the connections! I actually sat down and made a list of what I'd like to have, and I somehow made it work. The connections are sometimes very tiny threads, but they are Gold.
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Wed May 05, 2010 11:23 am

Also, Goddess, after I made my list, I sent up my prayer smoke with great respect to any and all who would like to assist me. I always make sure I thank them in advance, and ask that all be done for the highest good of all concerned, and manifested in a good, kind, and gentle way. Is it too much to ask for a plot to grow food, decent shelter, and clean water? Tools and seeds can be found by exchange. Some people rent out their land. I was willing to go semi rural but compromised on amount of living space and age of the building. I'll just repair as I go. The tradeoff is clean air, spring water, and local farmers who trade their organic crops. If you can't grow your own, trade for them! We (family of three) have an abundance of organic food on our table for around $40 per week. I haven't seen England for several years, and I don't know your profession. Can you telecommute? (It will be a moot point if the grid goes down, anyway!) Find a new skill that will be useful in our changed world. I'm sending positive thoughts your way. I'd love to see your true heart's desire manifested. You deserve to create the life that you want.
    GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
    GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT

Post  GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT Wed May 05, 2010 12:37 pm

Thank you very much for your advice dear Linda!
    I am very interested in building a sustainable community but I do not have the money to invest on it. I tried to start such in project in South America but frankly it was a disaster.
    But do not worry! I have found recently some lovely people which seem to be working in this type of project. They also seem to have the same money problems so the only thing that we need is time. I believe that time and money are two important factors in here.
    In the meantime, i am doing what i can....I am not growing my own vegetables but I am planting trees and managing forests basically. So yeah! I am doing the best I can.
    Blessings
    GOPL
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed May 05, 2010 2:21 pm

Floyd wrote:
    Does anyone know of any success stories with regard to taking action in the Camelot community? Id like to hear about them.

During the time I have spend in PA ( about one year and a half ) the actions that have been taken that I have been involved in are on one side the Nexus global meditations originally started by Astralwalker and that still go on today from home and once a year on sacred sites.
    We have been many to participate to this.

Then the sustainable communities building for which I opened a thread :
    http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15480.
    The community that I know of that is well on its way to be launched is the one that Northern Sanctuary builds in Canada.
    WinadeYo also mentioned somewhere along that thread that she had something running in Italy and other people like Wormhole also got things going .
    There was a group also that I remember from France I think that announced they were ready to move completely away from the common society into some safe place in the wild.

I believe some of these friends once settled may have chosen to not even using internet anylonger.

Originally Unlimitedmind also opened a social group where quite a few people joined and exchange tips regarding making orgonite devices.
    People there were busy like bees.

Rhythm started the healing thread where Tango was activaly working as a healer. From knowing Tango well I know he genuinely devoted most of his time to it . There have been several Avaloners that went to his place and that got freely help or trained by him .

And beyond all this I must pay a tribute to the many friends I have known there ( Kula included) that consistently helped in raising the vibrations in PA and contributed to making it the lovely and friendly community it once was .

Where ever I have been able to help on the forum or thought I would be usefull I did . So I must say I personnally feel I did'nt waist my time there. It has been for me quite an inspiring journey into the heart.

Love from me
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Wed May 05, 2010 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post  Guest Wed May 05, 2010 2:53 pm

Perhaps most are doing their own thing, choosing to remain where they are and prepare best one can to be as independent as possible.. as we should have been doing all along instead of being hijacked into dependence into the "system"...

Very early on at Avalon, with me, it was obvious the stumbling blocks had to do with relocating, uprooting ones life... of which, is not an easy decision to make. Then there is the biggest issue of all, trusting others, strangers... to include or to be included. That was my biggest issue.
    I chose to remain where I am.

Checking into these sites has become quite a letdown even before the Avalon split. I think we've all been "had" in the conspiracy realm.

Granted there does appear to be "something" going on with the sun, and, no doubt, we have been led to believe that the financial situation is dire, however, it keeps ticking on. The rich cannot allow a total demise of Their wealth... still waiting to see what's up with that.

What I have learned has everything to do with this question:
    How does one know what is really happening? What is true?
    Answer is that we truly cannot know, not even with the internet.
    It's info overload and then, who is putting out All the info..

there is NO way to know what is really happening! period!
    That is our big eye-opener and it's actually funny really!

And, please, you readers, don't begin the meme that our "higher self' knows... I agree w/that statement, but still, that has Nothing to do with our material world, not really, not with the news, the whistle blowers, ... I come here for entertainment w/snippets of interest, but mostly it's all washed out now, both here, the mists, AV2 and Kerry's presentations. I still check in but most of us need to accept that we just do not know what the bleep is going on!!!

We've all been Had. And it's not my first time. Not at all.
    reality=check

Post  reality=check Wed May 05, 2010 2:54 pm

Floyd wrote:Edited for dramatic effect
    People are talking about 2012, WW3, NWO economic collapse and forming communities and are mostly just discussing it til they are blue in the face. Thats hardly revolutionary now is it?
    If the internet went down today, or next year all of a sudden what would happen.

For me it would be a reluctant struggle into the loft to retrieve my 20 or so copies of “Big Ones.” Apart from that I think we would see a resurgent of the Blitz mentality. You only have to look at flooded areas of the UK or USA where, for months, they are used to electric supplies being taken out by hurricanes or other phenomena. I honestly think the communities would help one another until industry and transport restored itself.

Short of a Vogon construction fleet uncloaking between the moon and us I personally don’t envisage an UNEXPECTED extinction event happening. I’m certainly not going to worry about the Sun frying us as I have more chance of a Taliban suicide bomber riding his Honda 50 through my front door. Other than putting some short-term basic provisions to one side I’m certainly not going to gear up for what amounts to be gossip on the In-TARD-net.

All the other scare stuff pisses me off too. Look at the previous records of doom and gloom that didn’t materials. Look at who’s punting some of this stuff. Trace some of these stories back to source and it’s 50’s, 60’s and 70’s sci fi fiction writers who’ve been taken out of context. It’s folk chosen by aliens to be there contact here on earth. It’s folk who’s contact seems to have increased as the In-TARD-net has spread and speeded up.

I swear it’s a freakin industry leeching off the gullible.
    Anonymous

Post  Guest Wed May 05, 2010 3:08 pm

I hear you Reality=Check....
    I do hear you! Loud n clear.

Everything is so knarly twisted up... I'm pretty certain too that the "health food stores" are also full of a crock of lined up bottles of BS.

REAL FOOD, CLEAN water. Love of yourself & being helpful to others. Sunshine, nature... doing what is right is the road with the fewest options.

I did notice that early on at Avalon, the brightest, most articulate people, left! That Ought to tell you something.

GET on with your life!

I'm outa here now because I have a chitload of chores, every day!
    Anonymous

Post  Guest Wed May 05, 2010 3:11 pm

See how tired I am?
    I forgot to answer the Thread titled question.

The answer is:

I'd be much more sane and able to get things done (should the internet go down). A lot less garbage to take out.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed May 05, 2010 3:27 pm

First off, Linda you had be laughing when you identified yourself as old now. In my family you would just be coming into middle age. Heck we had an uncle who was sexually active up to age of 97. Can't begin to tell you about how when his kids came home (most likely older then you are now) they would find him in bed with someone. Bleh

What would I do when the internet quits?

Depends on if it is just the internet or the grid. However, before the internet I was an oil painter and also into music so I'd go back to practicing the piano and painting for fun. We've also have been accumulating numerous books for dealing with life off the grid so I would also read, read, read... and work on the garden.

One of the things that Catherine Austin Fitts talked about was living in a rural community in Tennessee where she knows her neighbors and how they get together for the community work. As my husband is an RN and we are also tied into the church I can see a lot of work with community when the grid goes down. Just dealing with basic health care and food are the biggies. Personally I like living in a rural area and have done so since 1990. In California, in Oregon (where I'm with family now) and in Hawaii. The goal was always to work toward self-sustainability and networking. Meaning we knew who are neighbors were and could count on them when something was up.

As of this moment, May 5th, we are in the middle of a snow storm with 6 inches on the ground and it is expected to snow for the rest of the day into the night. We have over two years worth of long term food supplies buried in our underground container a few hundred feet away that's been sitting there since Y2K. There is a running creek by the house and lots of fire wood. There are also lots of books, musical instrument, art supplies, games, puzzles... and food to cook. We'd just go back toward the type of lifestyle I had as a kid before the electronic age. There is something to be said about life without TV, internet, cell phones, ect. One was more connected with thier neighbors and relied on each other for the good things... so that way of life is almost a relief in that the focus can be directed to more immediate needs of the family and friends.

However, there really is something to be said for hot running water, electricity, light, heat, fridge, heater and main telephone line. I'm hoping those admenities remain as long as possible because I'm a whole lot older then linda. Huge Grin

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed May 05, 2010 4:44 pm

For 46 years of this present life I have managed to live without the internet.
    I am now 55 . If the internet went down life would just go on Wink

Love from me
    mudra
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Wed May 05, 2010 5:16 pm

It's lifted Myself and others to the Point where We will then step up in Our Comminities and Localities. The True meaning of Wayshower will be known...

It will happen soon too. The Time is at Hand - to Stand...

BTW - Has anyone noticed that Youtube Audio seems to be down across Their whole Site ?

Blink

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed May 05, 2010 5:24 pm

Nope, I hadn't Merc. I'm just praying with all this snow that we will have electricity in the morning to boil water for tea.

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed May 05, 2010 5:53 pm

Mercuriel wrote:

BTW - Has anyone noticed that Youtube Audio seems to be down across Their whole Site ?

Blink

No signs of this over here Mercuriel.. I listened to several videos on youtube tonight .

Love from me

mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed May 05, 2010 5:57 pm

Carol wrote:Nope, I hadn't Merc. I'm just praying with all this snow that we will have electricity in the morning to boil water for tea.

What would you do if the internet went down today? Tea-scones-and-hot-chocolate

I am dispatching the Teapot and some hot scones for you dear Carol .
    Stay warm.

What would you do if the internet went down today? 934918

Love from me
    mudra
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Wed May 05, 2010 6:00 pm

mudra wrote:
    Mercuriel wrote:

Blink

No signs of this over here Mercuriel.. I listened to several videos on youtube tonight .

Love from me

mudra

I can see the Video but the Volume or Audio Control has a little red X to the right of It on the Icon. I Click on It but No Volume Scale comes up and No Interaction with it is possible. Also - I cannot log into My Youtube Channel...

Hmmm...

Suspect

reality=check

Post  reality=check Wed May 05, 2010 6:06 pm

Mercuriel wrote:It's lifted Myself and others to the Point where We will then step up in Our Comminities and Localities. The True meaning of Wayshower will be known...

It will happen soon too. The Time is at Hand - to Stand...

Blink

You make a point here. I am a leader type…. when I can be arsed. Nothing turns me off quicker than knob heads and drama queens but in a crisis I’m not so much cool I’m absolutely icebox. I think us as folks on these types of sites are more adequately armed to delegate DUTY to our local community.

Last edited by reality=check on Wed May 05, 2010 6:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Wed May 05, 2010 6:15 pm

Fixed Myself...

Dang updates - They changed the Orientation of the Icon and It smoked Me - LOL...

Blink

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed May 05, 2010 7:12 pm

Mercuriel wrote:Fixed Myself...

Dang updates - They changed the Orientation of the Icon and It smoked Me - LOL...

Blink

LOL this is funny I had prepared the following post for you but forgot to hit send as I was busy on another thread too ..

Where did that you get that thought that the internet would go faulty Mercuriel ? Wink
    Switch it back on dear !

What would you do if the internet went down today? 934918
    Love from me
    mudra

Apparently you picked it up What would you do if the internet went down today? Icon_cheers

What would you do if the internet went down today? Icon_sunny
    Love from me
    mudra
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Wed May 05, 2010 8:06 pm

Carol wrote: "First off, Linda you had be laughing when you identified yourself as old now. In my family you would just be coming into middle age. Heck we had an uncle who was sexually active up to age of 97. Can't begin to tell you about how when his kids came home (most likely older then you are now) they would find him in bed with someone....What would I do when the internet quits?"

AHA! You have answered your own question! Hee Hee. Seriously, we all have to look forward to a long and happy life. We are in a transition, not knowing where everything will smooth out in terms of geophysical realities and the new economy. In the meantime, in the words of my Vietnamese friend:

"Enjoy your Life!" (Even if you are with a 97 year old! I guess the parts would still work. I just don't want the visual. Maybe that's why we lose our sight as we age? )
    SiriArc
    SiriArc

What would you do if the internet went down today? Empty TripleT

Post  SiriArc Thu May 06, 2010 2:43 am

Merc's # 13

BringsToMind:

The Hypothalamus is starting to secrete

and the world / reality as you knew it is starting to dissolve.......

Dream the Dream of Your FUTURE SELF:

http://forum.noblerealms.org/viewtopic.php?id=2042

http://nobledreams.co.uk/viewtopic.php?id=449

What would you do if the internet went down today? 555_isiswingsspiral
    anomalous cowherd
    anomalous cowherd

Post  anomalous cowherd Thu May 06, 2010 5:31 am

Kula does write a damn good post,( and he's a bloke , by the way) . I wish Kula would come and help me with my garden.

Carol. glad you picked up on the age thing, and can you adopt me? I'm only 55 and would like the life styles at either encampment, probably Hawaii more. I still windsurf being young as I am.

For the Oregon homestead,( and tea,) you need one of these; a woodburning range stove, http://www.housetohome.co.uk/imageBank/b/BH.11-06.ESSE.jpg
    One day I'll learn how to post images, maybe the day before the net goes down.

This was my big purchase when I thought it was all going to end in tears, at least I would be warm and could roast a few remaining spuds. It even heats hot water. I love mine and got it when it was cheap. That's about the extent of my preparations other than the food growing I attempt every year, chemtrails non withstanding . grrrrr. Do you people who mention fresh air not have chemtrails?

Speaking of which, talk is cheap. I met up with a few Avalonians back in the day, met Morgana and a few others.......
    . Oddly, there were also 3 or 4 people who posted at AV1 and live right in my town and did NOT want to meet, and that was way before I let my curmudgeon out. So the ground crew thing was a bit of a farce to me , right from the inception but then I wasn't born yesterday, (young as I am).
    George Green, what a laugh, I'll have to ask my ETs.... not to forget St Clare, sheer comedic genius, and so much of it ! What would you do if the internet went down today? Icon_clown who needs jugglers? we have CLOWNS and their clones!

The thing about the internet, subtle things like chemistry are in total absence. You have to meet people in the flesh to know whether you would get on or not. Chances are you won't if you are at all fussy, having said that, there are more people here I feel some sort of resonance with, but without the flesh test, who knows? I think I get the frequency matching thing in people's posts but it can't compete with the sniff test. Humour helps, though.

The way I see it now, it is all going according to plan ( but not to say that "they" are winning)
    Things have got to get really uncomfortable for the sleepers to awaken, if they still can, so it's all panning out as it must, and when stuff gets REALLY uncomfortable, the learning curve will rise. The best thing would be for TV to be axed and for people to be confronted with their boredom. that and learn how to grow a tomatoe.
    So yes, without the internet I'd probably have a lot more time to spend in the garden, but my hands hurt today, bloomin brambles in the wrong places. In 5D reality can I tell them where to go/grow or won't we need food?

I'm not too worried whatever happens, it's a great show and eternity is a very long time. I think I might even be quite popular when it all falls apart, and I'll try not to say I told them so. Nobody likes a smartass. I've learned that at least.
    anomalous cowherd
    anomalous cowherd

Post  anomalous cowherd Thu May 06, 2010 6:15 am

having said all the above, the internet is such an amazing tool and one that looks like it will change the world, already has.

check out Robert Steele, ex CIA. He says the bloggers must attach themselves like barnacles to issues that need exposing, yup. Being as tenacious as hell will soon have it's rewards and it will be good to see it come right.

He says we are about to bury rule by secrecy. I think he's right, and he's not dead. Yay! What would you do if the internet went down today? Icon_sunny
    This is obviously old but the sentiments still stand, not sure abot the constitution stuff, but it's alll gooood,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlVCbWlx5y8&feature=related
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Thu May 06, 2010 1:24 pm

mudra, thank you for the tea and scones. I was truding through snow up to my knees today and scrapping ice off the van's windows. Unfricking beleivable. It's still snowing and ice cycles are now hanging from the roof with over a foot of snow and still snowing. The deer are literally at the door (all ten of them) wanting to be fed.

I love that stove. Verra, verra nice. I've got another runny nose. Time for some more airborne.

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 2:08 pm