tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+3
bigmo
mp3
Floyd
7 posters

Wanted: Misty musicians,artists,singers and lyricists

Floyd
    Floyd

Wanted: Misty musicians,artists,singers and lyricists Empty Wanted: Misty musicians,artists,singers and lyricists

Post  Floyd Mon May 03, 2010 5:53 am

As part of the Virtual Community Project

http://www.themistsofavalon.net/worldwide-sustainable-communities-f16/online-virtual-eco-community-t382.htm

I am making a collabarative concept album with fellow members which we will sell in the community shop or maybe even give away for free.
    Please join when it goes live if you are interested.
    If you dont want to join the eco village just take part any way if you are a mists member
    it will be recorded by sending wav files to each other so music can be added to etc. When its ready it will be mixed, artwork added and sold as an mp3 package.
    working title is "Beyond 2012".
    All styles of music welcome.
    We will be using cubase to produce but if you have complete backing tracks send me a wav file.
    Its very much intende to bring us together on a musical vibration.
    If you can sing great
    If you can paint or deseign great.
    47 minute keyboard solos are allowed
    no length limit or musical style limit.Anything goes.
    Rock on Tommy
    Floyd
    mp3
    mp3

Wanted: Misty musicians,artists,singers and lyricists Empty Re: Wanted: Misty musicians,artists,singers and lyricists

Post  mp3 Fri May 14, 2010 10:16 am

I'm up for this. How do we get started? I've got a Logic Studio, and can do all kinds of audio/midi work. Any collaborators want to do some joint projects?
    Floyd
    Floyd

Wanted: Misty musicians,artists,singers and lyricists Empty Re: Wanted: Misty musicians,artists,singers and lyricists

Post  Floyd Fri May 14, 2010 11:15 am

I was thinking of a concept album that we can all chip in on.
    we could each do some work then pass it on as a wav file for someone to add their bit to before passing it on then mixing it together. We need to establish who does what.
    We need:
    singers
    lyricists
    musicians
    artists
    narrator

mp3-audio midi compositions - software logic
    Floyd-guitars, synths and vocals -software nuendo

we can add to this list then ill put a mini site with audio samples so we know what the bloody hell is going on.
    peace
    mp3
    mp3

Post  mp3 Fri May 14, 2010 1:47 pm

Floyd wrote:I was thinking of a concept album that we can all chip in on.
    we could each do some work then pass it on as a wav file for someone to add their bit to before passing it on then mixing it together. We need to establish who does what.
    We need:
    singers
    lyricists
    musicians
    artists
    narrator

mp3-audio midi compositions - software logic
    Floyd-guitars, synths and vocals -software nuendo

we can add to this list then ill put a mini site with audio samples so we know what the bloody hell is going on.
    peace

I had some musician friends back in the pre digital days who used to do track by track collaborations. We had an 8 track analog tape machine. One would improvise a track and even leave holes of quiet, and then pass it on to the next musician, who would add something on the next track. And on to the next and the next until all the tracks were used up. Then we'd mix down and open up some more tracks again and go on until there was no room for anything else or it was declared done.

I'll tell you, that was some serious fun.
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Fri May 14, 2010 4:57 pm

lets give it a go then and see what happens.
    bigmo

Post  bigmo Fri May 14, 2010 7:26 pm

If you get serious about this let me know. Though a musician I am not proficient enough for recording but I can write some songs. Let me know what you might have in mind.
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Sat May 15, 2010 3:55 am

We need to get Dom in here...

He tells Me Hes a Musician and with the Work He and I are doing on Solfeggio/Fibonacci relationships - He just may be Interested and this may be His Bag 'o' Tea...

Perhaps not though so I'll ask Him about It.

Wink

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Sat May 15, 2010 4:04 am

Mercuriel wrote:We need to get Dom in here...

He tells Me Hes a Musician and with the Work He and I are doing on Solfeggio/Fibonacci relationships - He just may be Interested and this may be His Bag 'o' Tea...

Perhaps not though so I'll ask Him about It.

Wink
    Anything goes. why not. if its half decent we can sell it as an mp3 from your portal and give all the money to charity!
    Carmen
    Carmen

Post  Carmen Sat May 15, 2010 4:27 am

Hi, Im a singer and think it would be quite interesting to take part in something like you are suggesting. Have no technological savvy though.

Cheers

Carmen
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Sun May 16, 2010 12:01 pm

Carmen wrote:Hi, Im a singer and think it would be quite interesting to take part in something like you are suggesting. Have no technological savvy though.

Cheers

Carmen
    find someone who can record you. A friend with pc and music production software perhaps.
    dominic777
    dominic777

Post  dominic777 Mon May 17, 2010 4:59 am

Floyd wrote:As part of the Virtual Community Project

http://www.themistsofavalon.net/worldwide-sustainable-communities-f16/online-virtual-eco-community-t382.htm

I am making a collabarative concept album with fellow members which we will sell in the community shop or maybe even give away for free.
    Please join when it goes live if you are interested.
    If you dont want to join the eco village just take part any way if you are a mists member
    it will be recorded by sending wav files to each other so music can be added to etc. When its ready it will be mixed, artwork added and sold as an mp3 package.
    working title is "Beyond 2012".
    All styles of music welcome.
    We will be using cubase to produce but if you have complete backing tracks send me a wav file.
    Its very much intende to bring us together on a musical vibration.
    If you can sing great
    If you can paint or deseign great.
    47 minute keyboard solos are allowed
    no length limit or musical style limit.Anything goes.
    Rock on Tommy
    Floyd
    You can add some of my songs and themes to your album
    lol
    Shaynard
    Shaynard

Post  Shaynard Mon May 17, 2010 9:47 am

I would also be interested in helping or adding to this. I sing/write lyrics and music for two different bands who are just about to release CD's, and thematically either band "fits". Both are home to this type of material.

I use (and own) Pro Tools mostly, so I would be able to help with the process as well.

Send me a PM if you'd like some more details, and perhaps I could send you some songs I think may fit.

Our styles are on the "heavy" end of music, although it is not metal. I'm sure it will be something different, if thats what you're looking for.

in light, of love
    Shaynard
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Tue May 18, 2010 2:37 am

Yep thats fine. Im partial to a bit of heavy prog stuff myself.
    Im going to set up a little mini site then that we can post music onto to see where we are going with this then we can all add to each others files or submit complete contributions. All original material folks as we will be selling this for charity or giving it away but it will be copywrited. Could do with a graphic artist or artist to do the art work.
    As its a concept album we need a theme
    Can any one narrate this?

so far then:
    mp3 -general musicaian :logic
    carmen-singer
    Bigmo-song writer
    Shaynard-singer:pro tools
    Floyd-general musician nuendo
    dominic 777????

watch out Pink Floyd
    Shaynard
    Shaynard

Post  Shaynard Wed May 19, 2010 12:35 pm

I do play guitar and have several high end plug ins for generating midi, which I can use well.. If that also helps. :)

in light, of love
    Shaynard
    mp3
    mp3

Post  mp3 Thu May 20, 2010 3:48 pm

Shaynard wrote:I do play guitar and have several high end plug ins for generating midi, which I can use well.. If that also helps. :)

in light, of love
    Shaynard

Hmm. As in sending midi files instead of audio back and forth?
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Fri May 21, 2010 4:38 am

Only problem is midi is limited. Ill have something up by next week so all involved can upload there files for free and easily.
    Im not sure we can do a concept album as most people want to submit complete songs. perhaps we could do two.
    One of web based collaberations and one a compilation of complete songs.
    P
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Sun May 30, 2010 6:18 pm

Im on this guys but v. busy at the mo. bear with me.
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:35 am

Hello Everyone
    If you are still interested in adding your music please upload your music to
    http://uploading.com/files/upload/ (you will have to register)then PM me the download link. Please submit wav files or FLAC files only

If you want to collaborate then state in your email what you would like on your song and I will match it up with someone.

When things start to take shape Ill let you know
    Maximum of 5 songs each or approx 20 mins of music
    Cheers

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:19 am