tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

2 posters

E-Mail Addresses

Bobbie
    Bobbie

E-Mail Addresses Empty E-Mail Addresses

Post  Bobbie Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:10 pm

How do I change my e-mail address in the profile section?
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

E-Mail Addresses Empty Re: E-Mail Addresses

Post  Mercuriel Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:08 am

We have that option currently disabled.

The reason for this is that as the Forum does a Registration VIA Email Confirmation - That Email is the Email Address that You Sign up with the Forums as having.

In some Instances - People with alternate Agendas to a Forum or Website's Intended purpose will Sign up - Confim Their Email - Log in and then change Their Info to take away any means of contact as to a Legitimate POP3 or equivalent. Its usually at this point that these Individuals will begin to push Their Agenda(s) even though it may be counter to the Website or Forum's mandate or stated goals.

For this reason and this reason alone - It is disabled so as to prevent Spammers - Abusers - Etc. from getting into the Mix and is in no way intended to harm any Member. Rather - This is to augment Their Security knowing that Abusers can be dealt with and will be effectively...

If We allow others to change it on a whim - At a point down the line We will end up with more fictional Email Adresses than real ones. I will also say this. We will never disclose the Email Addresses or Personal Information of any Member of the MoA to ANYONE - ANYWHERE - ANYTIME - NO MATTER WHAT. You Information will always be Yours and will only be used by the MoA if necessary - When needed at that time, and no other.

If You would like It changed due to a Technical Issue - Please PM Me or another Admin with the Addy - We can Check it for Validity - Then enter it in for You and set the Change at the Admin Level.

Wink

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...
    Bobbie
    Bobbie

E-Mail Addresses Empty Re: E-Mail Addresses

Post  Bobbie Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:55 pm

Mercuriel wrote:We have that option currently disabled.

If You would like It changed due to a Technical Issue - Please PM Me or another Admin with the Addy - We can Check it for Validity - Then enter it in for You and set the Change at the Admin Level.

Wink
    Per your above request, I PM'd you yesterday with an alternate e-mail address since I am still not receiving notification after marking my profile preferences to receive e-mails. Please check your PM's for my alternate address and change it for me please so we can see if that will work. Thank you.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:56 am