tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

4 posters

Urban Danger - Congressman Says Get Out of Major Cities

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Urban Danger - Congressman Says Get Out of Major Cities Empty Urban Danger - Congressman Says Get Out of Major Cities

Post  Carol Sat May 28, 2011 5:48 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUUSfk4nARQ&feature=player_embedded
    Urban Danger - Congressman Says Get Out of Major Cities
    Congressman Warns: “Those Who Can, Should Move Their Families Out Of the City” (Video)
    Mac Slavo - SHTF Plan
    There are a whole host of events that can bring the world as we know it today to its knees. From a hyperinflationary economic collapse to an electromagnetic pulse originating from the sun or a nuclear weapon , there exists a real and present danger that our system may, in the near future, experience unrecoverable shocks to the power grid and clean water infrastructure, a halt to just-in-time agricultural transportation systems and a collapse of the currency exchange mechanisms that make the economy function.

US Representative Roscoe Bartlett (R-MD), lived through the great depression, so he’s seen how bad things can get. In a new documentary, Mr. Bartlett and others discuss the dangers posed to those living in cities and ways that your family can survive if the worst were to ever happen.
    Roscoe Bartlett:
    We could have events in the future where the power grid will go down and it’s not, in any reasonable time, coming back up. For instance, if when the power grid went down some of our large transformers were destroyed, damaged beyond use, we don’t make any of those in this country. They’re made overseas and you order one and 18 months to two years later they will deliver it. Our power grid is very vulnerable. It’s very much on edge. Our military knows that.

There are a number of events that could create a situation in the cities where civil unrest would be a very high probability. And, I think that those who can, and those who understand, need to take advantage of the opportunity when these winds of strife are not blowing to move their families out of the city.
    Source: Urban Danger Movie

We realize that for most people this may be decried as fear-mongering and crazy survival talk. We can’t help but point out, however, that it’s not just Representative Roscoe Bartlett, economist Marc Faber, and trend forecaster Gerald Celente that are recommending you prepare and head for rural areas. The US Pentagon and Military are very much aware of these possibilities and they’re preparing for exactly the scenarios described in this documentary.

The threat is out there, and just because it hasn’t happened in our modern-day society up until now doesn’t mean it won’t happen in the future. In fact, it has happened through history – strife, poverty, depression, economic collapse, war. You name it and somebody in history has lived it. The government spends hundreds of billions of dollars on emergency preparedness, disaster planning, continuity of government and war gaming these scenarios. There’s a reason for that. We recommend our readers take a queue from them and others who are warning of these outlier possibilities.

View the entire documentary (for FREE) at the Urban Danger web site.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    dolphin
    dolphin

Urban Danger - Congressman Says Get Out of Major Cities Empty Re: Urban Danger - Congressman Says Get Out of Major Cities

Post  dolphin Tue May 31, 2011 2:42 am

thanks carol, i'm so done w living in a big city... if i could right now i would. not even for the potential "dangers" but it just seems more natural to live in the country and i would look forward to cutting wood and watching the glow of a natural fire.

i used to watch "little house on the prarie" and i thought back then, how fun it would be to live that "simple" life.

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Urban Danger - Congressman Says Get Out of Major Cities Empty Re: Urban Danger - Congressman Says Get Out of Major Cities

Post  Carol Tue May 31, 2011 9:53 am

Little cabins are easy to keep warm with those little wood burning stoves. We had built a 12 foot by 16 foot cabin with a sleeping loft that we loved when living in Mariposa. We built this huge rock wall next to where the wood burning stove was so it would help retain heat and also had a hide-a-bed couch in there along with a small kitchenette in the other corner and a screened in front porch.

It was located on the top of a mountain overlooking Yosemite mountains. We literally had mountain lions and bears in the area.

Everyone loved staying in it as it was all knotty pine with a couple of sky lights and big windows looking out into the forest. It had no electricity and I had the water in the big 5 gallon bottles in one of those dispensers and a camping toilet seat where one could just take it out somewhere and enjoy nature. It was a very beautiful and peaceful place.

Urban Danger - Congressman Says Get Out of Major Cities Mobile-hermitage-tiny-house
    Urban Danger - Congressman Says Get Out of Major Cities Tiny-house
    Tumbleweed has house plans for tiny houses one can build on a tiny trailer. http://www.tumbleweedhouses.com/

burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Tue May 31, 2011 10:24 am

Carol, they are so nice I wouldn't mind using such cabins for travel-around-holidays...
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Tue May 31, 2011 11:45 am

They are nice, aren't they? Just add a solar panel or two - along with a sky light and its even better. In fact, one could design an aquaponics garden utilizing white pvc piping and an aquarium on the back porch and the garden would be on wheels as well.

lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Tue May 31, 2011 4:36 pm

Those cabins are totally wonderful! What a grand idea. I read the part about taking a toilet seat out into nature. That's the only part I can't get comfortable with...what if a rattlesnake came up and bit ya in the arse?

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:34 am