tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

5 posters

Wounded Healers: A personal journey from A-Z

lindabaker
    lindabaker

Wounded Healers: A personal journey from A-Z - Page 2 Empty Re: Wounded Healers: A personal journey from A-Z

Post  lindabaker Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:14 am

Medicine Cards (J. Sams) Hummingbird: JOY. Jessica Wabbit? Weally? Wow.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Wounded Healers: A personal journey from A-Z - Page 2 Empty Re: Wounded Healers: A personal journey from A-Z

Post  Carol Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:47 pm

The Jessica Wabbit one had me scratching my head. Men are handsome and adorable. Some are rugged. Mine is a manly man and falls into the adorable category. I never tire of looking at him. However, pretty Troy.

Wounded Healers: A personal journey from A-Z - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRi7q94oJcv0I_WFHm_gxGv5OtG4XRKwXUuifzOgV9A04EGF5k8HA

Wounded Healers: A personal journey from A-Z - Page 2 Jessica_rabbit

Does that mean he's sultry looking? Has full lips? Pretty? Why not sexy? Now sexy is good.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:49 pm

or Wounded Healers: A personal journey from A-Z - Page 2 What-the-bleep--down-the-rabbit-hole-

lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:30 pm

Carol wrote:
    or Wounded Healers: A personal journey from A-Z - Page 2 What-the-bleep--down-the-rabbit-hole-

Oh, Carol, your sense of humor just rocks!
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:45 pm

OMG...too funny.

LOL

I read about the humming bird in my book, but have questions about ants and frog/toads.

The ants started coming into the house the first day that high pressure moved back into California. Tragically, I did not rinse a glass of orange juice in the sink, and they were drowning. While I have since informed the scout ants that it is not safe for them to do that, I had to kill a few to save the many, or they would be everywhere, along with bug spray, which I do not like.

Last night while Gregg was sleeping, I got a strong message to go out into the garage and just sit there. After a few minutes, I realized I had company: a big ol' toad. lol

I had to leave the door open for him to get out, but he did not want to leave, so I left the garage open all night.

QUESTION: Does anybody have any info. on potential significance of being visited by a frog or a toad?
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:49 pm

FROG - bring healing. As water cleanses the arid earth and returns life to it so Frog's medicine can wash away any physical and mental energies which deprive us of harmony and peace, and helps to replenish our own ability to heal ourselves on all levels. It is a symbol of recognizing one's own power, of adaptation and using sound and nature to make changes in our life.

http://www.theearthangelconnection.com/Power%20%20Animals.htm

Frog Meanings and Symbolism

http://www.whats-your-sign.com/animal-symbolism-frog.html

Last edited by HigherLove on Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Some content removed in order to be in compliance with TOS)
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:20 pm

So let's see. If you kiss the toad or frog will it turn into a princess? Or into a prince? lol!

HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:48 pm

Oh, I set ya up for that one. lol

I was going to say the prince was sleeping inside as a preemptive measure, but I opted out.

I was kind of hoping it was type of toad I could kiss and then go on a vision quest. :op

I am done kissing frogs.

Lmao
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:51 pm

OMG - that's too good. Insanely Happy I wouldn't mind one of those little trips myself.

The prince was sleeping in the castle and the toad was there to launch you off over the rainbow - or was that a yellow submarine? :

Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:02 am

I love the way you and Nature are in harmony Troy and so glad you are letting them 'speak' to you......paying attention. The shaman in you is really developing. cheers
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:11 pm

Sanicle wrote:I love the way you and Nature are in harmony Troy and so glad you are letting them 'speak' to you......paying attention. The shaman in you is really developing. cheers

:)

Big hugs, Sanicle.

The toad came out for Gregg's last night here (it is a toad, not a frog). The toad did not hop; it strolled in, hunkered down and made two guys talk to it like it was a little baby. After being reassured that it was safe, the toad tuck himself into bed under the washer, again.

I got Gregg a really cool compass from Three Sisters. I got a tear from his eye, as he said, "Give a marine a compass and a mission"...

More later. I am seriously exhausted.

HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:16 am

Last night the toad walked right in and confronted me. He needed to talk and so did I (toads are great listeners). He came up really close to me and just stopped. I told him about humans and the need to look out for his safety. I reminded him that I am safe, and he then moved along for a bit.

He returned with his girl to start a family, so now I have two toads, and I think I am going to be a grandpa. lol

Yin and Yang, right in my garage.

What a blessed day.

PEACE & Stargates for everyone...
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:35 am

Haha, that's soooo cool Troy. It reminds me of a little mouse who came in to visit me years ago. I used to watch him playing around in my lounge and his refuge appeared to be behind the bookcase. He was so cute and gave me many hours of giggles. But after about a week I had a chat to him, suggesting it was time he leave. I was always scared I'd stand on him as he ran around the place and I was worried cause he didn't eat anything I offered him I couldn't see anything else he was eating either. So I suggested he'd probably be better off outside and, to my amazement, he must have left shortly after. He was just gone. Nice.

But what really took my breath away was when, the following Summer, Micky as I'd called him (I know haha geek) came back. I'm sure it was him as he was a very distinct and pretty dark grey colour. AND he had a girlfriend with him, a sweet little light grey mouse. Crazy Happy I'm sure he brought her in to show me he was doing OK and introduce his girlfriend haha. But they only stayed one night and then were gone. That's one of my favourite memories.

I didn't get to 'be a grandma' but I hope you get to be a grandpa Troy. There is such blessing in that trust they are showing you IMO.

Hugs

PS I dealt with ants the exact same way you are also. And I didn't have one single ant in my apartment this year. Thank goodness. Hate killing them, just like you.
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:04 pm

oh, thanks for posting that, Troy and Sanicle. I knew I wasn't crazy. I have trouble with spiders, they won't leave. The ants are compliant along with the rest of the creatures. I send them mental movies and say things like: the humans kill you because you walk on their persons and they are afraid. Just don't walk on them and the war will be over. So, I know what you are talking about. Black widow spiders don't listen, and either do the little brown recluses. Both are dangerous as well. Suggestions?
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:18 am

Haha know what you mean about those spiders Linda! But Troy actually gave me a clue as to how to deal with them on one of his older threads. It seems they need to be given more specific directions other than just the general request or order to leave ie move up, turn right, turn left, go down. Guess it makes sense that bugs wouldn't have the same capacity to understand as animals. Although I've found that forcefully telling the larger flies to "Leave!" works. It doesn't work so quickly with the smaller ones though.

But yeah, I tried Troy's method on spiders and it worked. I generally find any spiders that may be lurking in the shower and put them outside as I don't want to drown them. But I missed one one day and tried Troy's method (already being starkers) projecting step-by-step directions to it as to which was the quickest and safest way out. It worked haha, the spider following my every direction.

What's more I've also found out it works with cockroaches. I'd found them to be particularly confrontive in the past when I'd asked them to leave, seemingly standing and challenging me, almost taunting me. But the last one I found I used Troy's method on. I had to give it a little nudge with my finger at one point but, basically, it worked on the cockroach also.

How cool is THAT!! Crazy Happy

Troy, if I didn't thank you then, I'm definitely thanking you now. Twice doesn't hurt either lol. Cheerful
    Flowers
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:47 am

luv this thread.

Years ago I was walking along a California beach and squatted down to rest. Before I knew it there was this whole semi circle of sand crabs who had popped out to look at me. It was one of those treasured moments of being connected with all that is and truly appreciating all of life. There we were each observing the other. Lovely.

Last year we had a bird who decided to domesticate himself and move into the house with us. He was always climbing down the neck of my shirt to be up close where it was warm. He also liked to rest on the keyboard when I was on the net. Another long story but sweet as he was quite a character.

HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:05 pm

Sanicle wrote:Haha know what you mean about those spiders Linda! But Troy actually gave me a clue as to how to deal with them on one of his older threads. It seems they need to be given more specific directions other than just the general request or order to leave ie move up, turn right, turn left, go down. Guess it makes sense that bugs wouldn't have the same capacity to understand as animals. Although I've found that forcefully telling the larger flies to "Leave!" works. It doesn't work so quickly with the smaller ones though.

But yeah, I tried Troy's method on spiders and it worked. I generally find any spiders that may be lurking in the shower and put them outside as I don't want to drown them. But I missed one one day and tried Troy's method (already being starkers) projecting step-by-step directions to it as to which was the quickest and safest way out. It worked haha, the spider following my every direction.

What's more I've also found out it works with cockroaches. I'd found them to be particularly confrontive in the past when I'd asked them to leave, seemingly standing and challenging me, almost taunting me. But the last one I found I used Troy's method on. I had to give it a little nudge with my finger at one point but, basically, it worked on the cockroach also.

How cool is THAT!! Crazy Happy

Troy, if I didn't thank you then, I'm definitely thanking you now. Twice doesn't hurt either lol. Cheerful
    Flowers

Aw shucks folks I am speechless (not). hehee

Any fear of an animal holds power to bring it into our presence. They are not trying to scare us; they are usually trying to help. More on this in a bit...

The Karen
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:18 pm

lindabaker wrote:oh, thanks for posting that, Troy and Sanicle. I knew I wasn't crazy. I have trouble with spiders, they won't leave. The ants are compliant along with the rest of the creatures. I send them mental movies and say things like: the humans kill you because you walk on their persons and they are afraid. Just don't walk on them and the war will be over. So, I know what you are talking about. Black widow spiders don't listen, and either do the little brown recluses. Both are dangerous as well. Suggestions?

You could try reading Power vs. Force (David R. Hawkins)

Thinking of something as a war creates a counterforce, which even critters cannot avoid. Our power frightens them. They attack because they are afraid or they have something to protect.

As a higher density being, the energy of a human is stronger than a spider, so it's not really a fair fight (poison notwithstanding).

As Sanicle noted, verbal works really well for some of us, and yes, be specific in instructions.

Are you creating an environment that is a spider playground?

I am trying to be careful not to violate your free will, because we each must find our way, but it seems that they want you to like them.

Brown recluse spiders will avoid you, provided there is plenty of space for them to get to areas they prefer.

Black Widow spiders are quite shy. They may bite out of necessity (real or imagined), but they do not go out of their way to do it.

DO NOT OFFER YOUR HAND TO THEM.

Common house spiders are safe, despite the way they may appear.

I will think about this some more. I hope I was at least somewhere on target. :)
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:22 pm

Oh: they already know humans are careless. They just want to know that you know that, so taking a respectful approach may also be helpful. "I know you know this about us, but I am not like the others...".

It could take several conversations.

Do you use sage?
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:42 pm

You could also try getting some toads!!!!!!!!!!!!! Toads love bugs.

They are held harmless.
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:08 pm

Thanks Troy. You are right about humans thinking of it as a "war." If we talk about sharing space, that's a different scenario, one which I like so much better. I do live in a forest, and it's right up to my doorstep. I am invading the spiders' space. When I lived in another previous home surrounded by forest, I noticed that a spider took up residence in my cupboard above the coffee maker. I decided to ignore the spider and let it decide that a steamy place was probably not a good long term home. The next morning when getting out a coffee cup, the spider bit me. So ended my buddhist phase. I must come to terms with this or move away from the trees. I do use sage in my house.
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:42 pm

I grew up in a pine forest, and just did not have this happen. Of course, I was running around looking for the most dangerous critters I could find (my apologies to the lizards that lost their tails). And the poor scorpions I disturbed.

Hmmm...yep...you are in their space, though.

I would recommend a wood pile for them to hide in, but it seems moot in your case.

The question about sage is in regard to whether or not any rituals were ever performed with the use of sage combined with specific intent (framed in a positive-outcome statement). ????

Apparently your "friend" liked coffee more than you thought. Maybe it should have had counseling or anger management (back off a bit on the caffeine, silly arachnid!). :op

Last edited by HigherLove on Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:44 pm

Oh - toads will not eat a poisonous spider, but having them around could still deter. However, toads know about free will. Whistle

Edit: perhaps you could enlist the help of other totems?
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:30 pm

You could try calling upon the immunity of the King Snake...gorgeous, powerful, watchful. They will not look for you, but they make great protectors.

Sorry this is so choppy...

I just mowed the front yard and came right up to a lizard. It darted off, and I noted that it had all of its tail. :op
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:38 pm

Carol wrote:luv this thread.

Years ago I was walking along a California beach and squatted down to rest. Before I knew it there was this whole semi circle of sand crabs who had popped out to look at me. It was one of those treasured moments of being connected with all that is and truly appreciating all of life. There we were each observing the other. Lovely.

Last year we had a bird who decided to domesticate himself and move into the house with us. He was always climbing down the neck of my shirt to be up close where it was warm. He also liked to rest on the keyboard when I was on the net. Another long story but sweet as he was quite a character.

You are a powerful woman!

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:05 pm