tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

5 posters

Wounded Healers: A personal journey from A-Z

HigherLove
    HigherLove

Wounded Healers: A personal journey from A-Z Empty Wounded Healers: A personal journey from A-Z

Post  HigherLove Fri May 27, 2011 7:40 pm

One definition of a healer/healing-

Henry J.M. Nouwen
    A Safe Place

Healing means, first of all, the creation of an empty but friendly space where those who suffer can tell their story to someone who can listen with real attention. As healers we have to receive the story of our fellow human beings with a compassionate heart – a heart that does not judge or condemn but recognizes how the stranger’s story connects with our own. We have to offer safe boundaries within which the often painful past can be revealed and the search for a new life can start.

Our most important question as healers is not, “what to say or to do?” but, “how to develop enough inner space where the story can be received?” Healing is the humble but also very demanding task of creating and offering a friendly empty space where strangers can reflect on their pain and suffering without fear, and find the confidence that makes them look for new ways right in the center of their confusion”.

Last edited by HigherLove on Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Wounded Healers: A personal journey from A-Z Empty Re: Wounded Healers: A personal journey from A-Z

Post  HigherLove Fri May 27, 2011 7:57 pm

Starhawk: “Dreaming the Dark” (excerpt):

Community.
    Somewhere there are people
    To whom we can speak with passion
    Without having the words catch in our throats.
    Somewhere
    A circle of hands will open to receive us.
    Eyes will light up as we enter.
    Voices will celebrate with us
    Whenever we come into our own power.
    Community
    Means strength that joins our strength
    To do the work that needs to be done.
    Arms to hold us when we falter.
    A circle of healing.
    A circle of friends.
    Someplace
    Where we can be
    Free
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Wounded Healers: A personal journey from A-Z Empty Re: Wounded Healers: A personal journey from A-Z

Post  Sanicle Fri May 27, 2011 8:26 pm

So true Higher Love, healing we can give every day. I'm sure most on the Path with their open hearts provide this safe, warm place for others to share and unburden. Sadly a lot of people in this busy world just don't seem to have the time to 'chat' these days but, more importantly, really listen and care about what's being said. We all need to be loved and understood.
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Fri May 27, 2011 8:48 pm

Some content removed in order to be in compliance with TOS

Last edited by HigherLove on Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Some content removed in order to be in compliance with TOS)
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Fri May 27, 2011 9:03 pm

Last edited by HigherLove on Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Fri May 27, 2011 9:08 pm

Last edited by HigherLove on Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Fri May 27, 2011 9:36 pm

Last edited by HigherLove on Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Mon May 30, 2011 9:15 am

Last edited by HigherLove on Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Mon May 30, 2011 10:01 am

Thank you so much for sharing Higher Love. Ah the joys and sadness of sharing life with those we love when they become ill like Dan and suffer so. But I'm sure that with a heart as open as yours that he was able to fill it more easily with all the wonderful memories you now have to treasure because you allowed him to place them there, and gave him yours as well which I'm sure he still has and treasures. It may sound corny but Love really is a gift that goes on giving and an open heart is a blessing in more ways than many realize, that treasure we can hold onto forever being one of them.

And I'm so rapt for you that you and Gregg have found each other again. cheers That's a beautiful story. What a brilliant new beginning for you both. Hugs
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Mon May 30, 2011 1:09 pm

Aw shucks. Thanks.

It feels like Nutbar And at other times like The Floyd

Just like that? Off the market?

All I know is if I saw anybody else it would really hurt him. So, I promised to try.

We both feel like giddy high school kids.

He is in the midst of planning his first trip up here.

I am going to need to Drink Wine first.

Sorry (again lol) in advance.

This is better than chocolate.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon May 30, 2011 3:18 pm

You carry your Avatar so well HigherLove .
    I can see your Heart shining and glowing eternal and ever present .
    There is something I read about Love ... that it does'nt hurt ...only the absence of Love does.
    Your Love is healing the wounds as gently as a soft breeze blowing on a rose .
    The flagrance this drives into space I can smell here right now.
    Have you been told lately that you are loved ? Because you are .

May your day be filled with fresh dew and sunny rays , smiling faces and peace in your Heart.

Love from me
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue May 31, 2011 9:05 am

HigherLove wrote:
    One definition of a healer/healing-

Henry J.M. Nouwen
    A Safe Place

Healing means, first of all, the creation of an empty but friendly space where those who suffer can tell their story to someone who can listen with real attention. As healers we have to receive the story of our fellow human beings with a compassionate heart – a heart that does not judge or condemn but recognizes how the stranger’s story connects with our own. We have to offer safe boundaries within which the often painful past can be revealed and the search for a new life can start.

Our most important question as healers is not, “what to say or to do?” but, “how to develop enough inner space where the story can be received?” Healing is the humble but also very demanding task of creating and offering a friendly empty space where strangers can reflect on their pain and suffering without fear, and find the confidence that makes them look for new ways right in the center of their confusion”.

Wounded Healers: A personal journey from A-Z 14849710

love Always
    mudra
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Tue May 31, 2011 4:46 pm

To be contacted by someone whom you have loved since you were 19 years old is truly magical. Troy, try to be calm and cool...ha ha that's so difficult. We are truly glad to hear about a re-connection for you. Let us trust that he has grown spiritually as much as you obviously have! Luck to you, Troy. Linda
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Tue May 31, 2011 7:43 pm

mudra-

Thank you for your beautiful words and inspirations, as always.

The Karen
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Tue May 31, 2011 7:49 pm

lindabaker wrote:To be contacted by someone whom you have loved since you were 19 years old is truly magical. Troy, try to be calm and cool...ha ha that's so difficult. We are truly glad to hear about a re-connection for you. Let us trust that he has grown spiritually as much as you obviously have! Luck to you, Troy. Linda

Try to be calm? ROTFLMAO

Too late. It still all feels very high-schoolish. :op

I have been a basket case. So has he.

He is supposed to be up here this week. eep!

He is a wonderful philosphizer, but spiritually, he is agnostic (not at all into religion, but does know of Zarathustra).

He is intimidated by my mind, but I told him to be proud, just like I am proud of his ability to craft so many things (I have to teach him how to be competitve in a good-natured way, because men compare themselves to one another and it is usually really counterproductive -- especially when trying to establish intimacy.
    _______

I gotta run because I will be running a group in a few minutes.

I need to put some more time into my earthquake log, but I just cannot focus.

PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heheheheheheheheheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Tue May 31, 2011 8:10 pm

Hi Troy. Meeting up with an old friend can be fun. Good luck with that. cheers

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:34 am

HigherLove wrote:

Try to be calm? ROTFLMAO

Too late. It still all feels very high-schoolish. :op

I have been a basket case. So has he.

He is supposed to be up here this week. eep!

He is a wonderful philosphizer, but spiritually, he is agnostic (not at all into religion, but does know of Zarathustra).

He is intimidated by my mind, but I told him to be proud, just like I am proud of his ability to craft so many things (I have to teach him how to be competitve in a good-natured way, because men compare themselves to one another and it is usually really counterproductive -- especially when trying to establish intimacy.
    _______

I gotta run because I will be running a group in a few minutes.

I need to put some more time into my earthquake log, but I just cannot focus.

PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heheheheheheheheheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

We already love your friend Troy as much as you do .
    Close encounter of an old type being brought in the light of the New.
    Bless be this moment.
    Have a awesome time .

Hugs

Love for you
    mudra
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:54 am

Last edited by HigherLove on Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:21 am

Great song, and how appropriate lol. Fingers crossed for both of you. Enjoy. I love you
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:15 am

Carol wrote:Hi Troy. Meeting up with an old friend can be fun. Good luck with that. cheers

Things are going great. I get to hang on to him until Thursday.

My sanity should be back in 6 months or so...

lol

PEACE!!!!!!!!!!

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:43 am

Great. My husband and daughter just went to Auburn yesterday and played around in the snow at Donner Pass making snow angels.

Hope you two have some good times during these next few days.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:08 am

Carol wrote:Great. My husband and daughter just went to Auburn yesterday and played around in the snow at Donner Pass making snow angels.

Hope you two have some good times during these next few days.

I once crossed Donner Summit to see Donna Summer. 'Twas funny.

It is a beautiful area.

Our reunion is going great.

I forgot he would have a lot to teach me, too. LOL

He is NOT competitive (with me), so forget what I said about helping him with that.

I am now a Pittsburgh Steelers fan. lol It was that or risk a punch to the arm at 40% power. LOL

My sister loves him, and he thinks she is really cool. Well, the whole world loves him. He is just so doggone nice and sweet and charismatic and pretty. I tease him about being the male version of Jessica Rabbit, because he cannot help it that he was "drawn this way". :op

My Mermaid and Dolphin Oracle cards were spot-on with this. Perhaps someday I can post about that reading.

Big Hugs,

Troy
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:11 am

Oh - I have old photos of me as a kid with humming birds resting on my fingers in the Auburn foothills. I should scan those.

:)
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:18 am

It all sounds great Troy. Woo-hoo for both of you haha. BTW I'd love to see those photos with the hummingbirds too! Such beautiful creatures as is their meaning with the Medicine Cards. Wink How appropriate at this time.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:26 am

Sending blessings to you and your friend HigherLove.
    It is good to hear you are having of lovely time together.
    Humming birds on your fingers cheers
    Looking forward for the photos you will share with us.

Much Love for you
    mudra

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:22 am