tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

4 posters

Round Two - Weather event QLD

icecold
    icecold

Round Two - Weather event QLD Empty Round Two - Weather event QLD

Post  icecold Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:42 pm

Our cyclone season starts about now. The community has barely recovered from the floods and now
    we are experiencing the beginning of the cyclone season.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/breaking-news/north-queensland-braces-for-cyclone-anthony-as-cyclone-yasi-brews-behind-it/story-fn7ik9ph-1225996801970
    giovonni
    giovonni

Round Two - Weather event QLD Empty Re: Round Two - Weather event QLD

Post  giovonni Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:11 pm

This is truly devastating, its starting to sound like you all are going to have a "Katrina" moment. i realize the cyclone season happen yeary, but on the wake of the recent floods this signals more hardships for you and your country. i usually monitor the global weather forecast, but please keep us informed here Icecold with firsthand reports. My prayers and blessings to you all.
    icecold
    icecold

Post  icecold Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:29 am

giovonni wrote:This is truly devastating, its starting to sound like you all are going to have a "Katrina" moment. i realize the cyclone season happen yeary, but on the wake of the recent floods this signals more hardships for you and your country. i usually monitor the global weather forecast, but please keep us informed here Icecold with firsthand reports. My prayers and blessings to you all.

With thanks Giovonni...

There is a weird factor here. Ta dah....isn't that the norm these days.

Apparently, cyclone 2 (daddy bear) is following the exact course of cyclone 1 (baby bear).

The weather bureau is saying this is very strange...unprecedented.

Cyclones are supposed to follow random paths....at least that was the thinking. Not anymore.

Cool
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:27 am

It is very strange..because probably they are using technology to make it unprecedented...
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:33 pm

Nature shows perfection in randomness...

Mankind seeks to attain perfection in controlling Nature - Both It's own and that of the Creation...

When We see an absence of randomness in Systems known to show It and only direction / purpose (Look at the Track of the Storm moving ascross the U.S. RIGHT now) - Should We see Nature awry - Or someOne attempting to assert It's Control overtop ?

Musical

They're forcing It - Pure and Simple and right along with the Predictions of how 2011 was to get started...

Weather & Techtonic Wars...

Now why Its allowed is a whole other Ballgame for when do We truly get off our Duffs as a Species ?

I hate to say It but only in the face of a Threat...

Harp

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...
    icecold
    icecold

Post  icecold Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:08 am

Just to give you an idea of how big this cyclone is....

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/special-reports/how-cyclone-yasi-compares-around-the-world/story-fn7rxoal-1225998850720

Round Two - Weather event QLD IDQ65001

The track of cyclone Yasi has followed the track of the earlier cyclone very closely. I think this is unprecedented, at least in the history of meteorology in Australia.

The earlier massive floods greatly affected food production, mainly fruit and vegetables. The floods increased worldwide food prices which were already increasing due to other conditions throughout the world. North of the flooding area exists approximately 80% of Australia's banana crop and about 1/3 of our sugar industry. Cyclone Yasi
    moved into this northern area and is now destroying those crops. The cyclone event will further increase the pressure on food prices.

Now we know that the main reason for both the Tunisian and Egyptian unrest was due to the price of food. It would not be an exaggeration to suggest that the unrest will, in the near future, be evident in many other places.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:30 pm