tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

2 posters

Moscow building 5000 bomb shelters by 2012

enemyofNWO
    enemyofNWO

Moscow building 5000 bomb shelters by 2012   Empty Moscow building 5000 bomb shelters by 2012

Post  enemyofNWO Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:45 am

I know that this subject is not new , but then there are a few blogs discussing it again ....

Moscow building 5000 bomb shelters by 2012

http://windowstorussia.com/moscow-building-5000-bomb-shelters-by-2012.html

May be Russia wants to catch up with the USA in number o atomic shelters or more likely , the government expect the population to need them ! Either nuclear war or Earth's extinction level events .

SNIP
    A few years ago, Shanghai’s Civil Defense Office announced the completion of an absolutely massive underground shelter. It was reported that the shelter covers an area of over 90,000 square meters and could accommodate up to 200,000 people at a time.

But that giant shelter is not even as big as the "Underground Great Wall" that was built during that 1960s and 1970s. It is estimated that the "Underground Great Wall" contains 19 miles of tunnels and shelters and could hold up to 300,000 people. It reportedly has a munitions warehouse, a hospital, a theater and even a library.

So what about the U.S. government? Are they building any bomb shelters for us?

No.

Basically, Americans are sitting ducks. Whether it is a rogue nation launching a nuke or a full-out nuclear war, Americans literally have nowhere to go. In the event of a nuclear attack, most of us would be lucky to have enough time to duck and cover and say our prayers.

The sad truth is that the U.S. government considers the threat of nuclear war to be a thing of the past.

For decades, an overwhelming nuclear arsenal has been our primary protection against nuclear attack, but thanks to the last several presidents our strategic nuclear arsenal has been mostly dismantled.

Today, the United States has only 5,113 nuclear warheads in its stockpile, which represents an 84 percent decline since a peak of approximately 31,255 in 1967.

But that isn't far enough for Barack Obama. Currently, Obama is working on a treaty under which the United States and Russia would only be allowed a maximum of 1,550 deployed warheads.

So with nuclear weapons rapidly spreading throughout the world, and with the U.S. only having a small fraction of the nukes that it used to have, doesn't that make a nuclear strike against the United States more likely?

Of course, but because the mainstream media tells Americans that we don't have to worry about nuclear war anymore most of them don't even think about it.

But Russia is obviously taking a different approach. Building 5000 bomb shelters in one city alone is a massive undertaking. Obviously they feel like building all of these shelters is important for one reason or another.

So are they just being paranoid or are they several moves ahead of us?

END SNIP

http://beforeitsnews.com/story/259/365/Why_Is_Russia_Building_5000_More_Nuclear_Bomb_Shelters_In_Moscow_By_The_End_Of_2012.html
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Moscow building 5000 bomb shelters by 2012   Empty Re: Moscow building 5000 bomb shelters by 2012

Post  orthodoxymoron Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:47 pm

I am passively promoting the idea of an Earth human population of four billion - with two billion living on the surface - and two billion living sub-surface - with four billion living throughout the rest of the solar system - mostly sub-surface. I just pulled these numbers out of an anatomical black-hole - but they seem reasonable to me. What do you think?
    enemyofNWO
    enemyofNWO

Moscow building 5000 bomb shelters by 2012   Empty Re: Moscow building 5000 bomb shelters by 2012

Post  enemyofNWO Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:17 pm

orthodoxymoron wrote:I am passively promoting the idea of an Earth human population of four billion - with two billion living on the surface - and two billion living sub-surface - with four billion living throughout the rest of the solar system - mostly sub-surface. I just pulled these numbers out of an anatomical black-hole - but they seem reasonable to me. What do you think?

We can only speculate about the possibility of living underground for a brief period of time . Longer period of time underground are not really recommended , there are negative health effects .
    http://katielouisedixon.blogspot.com/

We can only discuss possibilities , but I found very strange that the US , Russia , China , Norway and others are spending so much money to shelter a fraction of the population . Those government know something that will certainly happen while we speculate on possibilities .
    In the 1960s there were talks about personal shelters in case of nuclear war . It seem that we have returned to the same mentality of the 1960s , there is a real possibility of war and there are real possibilities of Earth and Sun events that could change life on this planet in a major way . We are talking about extinction level events .
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:30 pm

I'm speaking of living and working underground - but still moving about on the surface on a daily basis. It's just that there would be transportation, homes, and factories underground - making the surface much less cluttered, and much more pristine. When I say 'underground' - I mean maybe 20 to 200 feet underground - not Deep Underground Military Bases. My thoughts have more to do with turning this solar system into a paradise - than with providing shelter from warfare or alien invasions - although this would be a welcome byproduct. Hopefully - we won't need such shelter in a few decades - if the human race can survive that long...

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:19 pm