tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

Asteroid impact warning to the world

Bullet in the Moon
    Bullet in the Moon

Asteroid impact warning to the world Empty Asteroid impact warning to the world

Post  Bullet in the Moon Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:25 pm

"Experts are calling on the world to recognise the "global threat" of an asteroid hit to earth. Scientists and astronauts have been holding a three-day workshop in Germany, discussing how countries would react.

Rusty Schweickart is a former Apollo 9 astronaut and now head of the European Sapce Agency's committee on near-earth objects (NEOs): " What we need to do is bring the world together, recognise that this is a global threat. This is not Germany or the United States or ESA or anybody else. This is a global threat."
    ..........."

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20101030/twl-asteroid-impact-warning-to-the-world-41f21e0.html

Not spreading fear but posted this in case anyone else was interested - saw this on Yahoo UK Frontpage with all the trimmings,

Ill put it in my october scrap book of strange media cutouts which is now fatter than bill gates wallet

I guess they need to stoke the fire every now and then, but the last two months has been nuts in the news!

Personally , I just read this stuff and smile these days!!

As Samuel L Jackson says in the movie "Long Kiss Goodnight"

YA CAAANT KILL ME MAAAAAAF********kaaaaaaa!!!('scuse the language temporarily - but I do mean it :@)

Nuf Luv and Laughs to all

KrS

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 4:54 pm