tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+37
Beren
ceridwen
THEeXchanger
Owlsden
monique
Brook
CetaceousOne
Sanicle
starninja
wingmanof light
Floyd
Simplicity
LeeEllisMusic
icecold
sabina
anomalous cowherd
starsmoonmtns
malletzky
Nebula
truth and integrity
Anchor
Adv
Swanny
lindabaker
enemyofNWO
SuiGeneris
mp3
Balance
mudra
Pheryllt
devakas
Zedd
Mercuriel
JesterTerrestrial
Gita
Carol
TRANCOSO
41 posters

The Galactic Federation of Lies

Adv
    Adv

The Galactic Federation of Lies - Page 13 Empty Re: The Galactic Federation of Lies

Post  Adv Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:38 pm

Just to be clear on my stance and you can refer to the warning in the other thread too.

I am indifferent to the serious thread or the joke thread. They both can carry on their agendas for all I care. The only key thing is when you know there is some residual emotion left from a previous fallout, don't continue to reference each other and try proxy baiting under the veil of humor.

Hopefully people see that the warning was issued to all involved. I'm not taking sides.

To all involved in the joke, stop dragging JT into it.

JT needs to understand that this is like telling a polish joke. It doesn't mean polish people are stupid in real life.

Both can continue their thing, as long as it doesn't turn in veiled barbs and more fights.
    mp3
    mp3

The Galactic Federation of Lies - Page 13 Empty Re: The Galactic Federation of Lies

Post  mp3 Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:40 pm

lindabaker wrote:In defense of those creative types: sarcasm (especially the British kind) is very difficult to "read" in text. It's in the tone of voice. Smileys don't help enough. Shall we put a banner on all of the posts saying: "This is a joke thread. Don't take it seriously!" or something to that effect? Mudra is right in that if someone breezed in and didn't get the innuendo, it would seem ugly. (What we are doing is "outing" the true Uglies. The ones who write the GFL propaganda. Kinda like the Emperor has no clothes.) Ah, the art of the written word. How do we solve this?

It's not that simple. Because of the personal targeting. There's been lots of name calling, and any intuitive can read the energies of the intentions carrying the supposedly joking ad hominem comments. that kind of stuff breeds bad blood.

Personally I'd have no problem with this joke thread if the personal attacks were left out. And I'd also like to see some good substantiation for the claim by some of the jokesters that the GFL messages are complete nonsense. I can only see that there is a mix. Some truth, and some untruth. So I can't accept mean spirited actions taken on the basis of it's being complete nonsense. That to me has a similar energy to bigotry. Very divisive stuff. And not something I'm comfortable with anymore.
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:05 pm

Adv wrote:Just to be clear on my stance and you can refer to the warning in the other thread too.

I am indifferent to the serious thread or the joke thread. They both can carry on their agendas for all I care. The only key thing is when you know there is some residual emotion left from a previous fallout, don't continue to reference each other and try proxy baiting under the veil of humor.

Hopefully people see that the warning was issued to all involved. I'm not taking sides.

To all involved in the joke, stop dragging JT into it.

JT needs to understand that this is like telling a polish joke. It doesn't mean polish people are stupid in real life.

Both can continue their thing, as long as it doesn't turn in veiled barbs and more fights.
    Adv, from the beginning on, it has been JT who dragged himself into this GFL thread over & over again, with the same 'arguments', over & over again.

If I don't have anything substancial to add to a thread, I don't post in it.
    I've not been name calling either.

As I'm not posting on PA2, because I'm not a member, I've had nothing to do with what went on there. So I don't think it's fair to drag ME into this argument. I receive a warning for something I've got little to do with, apart from the fact that JT is bashing me, calling me a disinfo agent etc.

By the way,
    I just wanted to have this said,
    & call it a day.
    The Galactic Federation of Lies - Page 13 Icon_flower
    Adv
    Adv

Post  Adv Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:17 pm

Fair enough Tran.

From my original post on the subject. I've bolded the relevant part. Thanks for not participating in the name calling and veiled baiting. I hope others get on-board.

------------ snippet from my original post -----------------
    Swanny , Tran,

You guys need to knock it off with Jester
    too. I'm not going to read through your fights and barbs. If you haven't
    done it, you can ignore my warning. I only mention you because Jester
    keeps bringing you up.
    I'm not interested in playing cop or judge.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:32 pm

This poor thread keeps taking a beating my members who seem to miss THE POINT that this thread is suppose to be a jest. NO SERIOUS POSTS ALLOWED!!!!!!!!!
    I already had to move a number posts from this thread due to some who refuse to keep it light here. I love British humor! And it greatly saddens me that the Commander abandoned the ship, nor does it make me happy to see some of the other posts here either.

Please forgive us empress. It appears a number of our apples are still rolling around the cart.

The clean-up crew has been absent due to circumstances beyond control and those posts that don't belong will be moved TO THE GFL DEBATE THREAD in the next day or two.

FOR FURTURE REFERENCE - IF YOUR SENSE OF HUMOR IS ON VACATON OR YOU DON'T GET BRITISH HUMOR, PLEASE JUST MOVE ALONG AND DON'T POST IN THIS THREAD. THE WHOLE INTENTION OF THIS THREAD FROM THE ONSET IS TO HAVE FUN.

Last edited by Carol on Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Adv
    Adv

Post  Adv Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:42 pm

And as a reminder ... no veiled barbs, name calling etc.

and you can continue with your whatever global brand of humor you bring.
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:01 pm

Carol wrote:This poor thread keeps taking a beating my members who seem to miss THE POINT that this thread is suppose to be a jest. NO SERIOUS POSTS ALLOWED!!!!!!!!!
    I already had to move a number posts from this thread due to some who refuse to keep it light here. I love British humor! And it greatly saddens me that the Commander abandoned the ship, nor does it make me happy to see some of the other posts here either.

Please forgive us empress. It appears a number of our apples are still rolling around the cart.

The clean-up crew has been absent due to circumstances beyond control and those posts that don't belong will be moved TO THE GFL DEBATE THREAD in the next day or two.

FOR FURTURE REFERENCE - IF YOUR SENSE OF HUMOR IS ON VACATON OR YOU DON'T GET BRITISH HUMOR, PLEASE JUST MOVE ALONG AND DON'T POST IN THIS THREAD. THE WHOLE INTENTION OF THIS THREAD FROM THE ONSET IS TO HAVE FUN.
    The Galactic Federation of Lies - Page 13 374937 Carol!

And to be honest, there are a lot of very funny videos & pictures in this thread so far.

Empress, switch to fun-mode again, put up a happy face & show us your amazing grace! And that's an order!

Admiral, consider the skies cleared.

We are now under the official protection of Lady Carol, Chair Mistress of the Council of the 333 Wise & Whitty Women.

Ladies & Gentlemen: We Are Back In Bussines!!!

Let's Have Fun!!!
    The Galactic Federation of Lies - Page 13 Icon_cheers The Galactic Federation of Lies - Page 13 21327 The Galactic Federation of Lies - Page 13 164548
    Gita
    Gita

Post  Gita Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:43 am

The Galactic Federation of Lies - Page 13 Icon_cheers The Galactic Federation of Lies - Page 13 83084 The Galactic Federation of Lies - Page 13 854501 The Galactic Federation of Lies - Page 13 998440 The Galactic Federation of Lies - Page 13 21327 The Galactic Federation of Lies - Page 13 96967
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:24 am

Hello, everyone! I see that there are some folks upset by some of us making fun of the GFL. I happen to believe that we have the right to do so, without substantiating our opinions. What does substantiation mean, anyway? Anything we post thereafter could be refuted. We are here to joke with one another based on the premise that the GFL is, as Swanny puts it, bollox. The purpose of this thread is not to prove or disprove. It is our right to make fun, make jokes, and call it like it is, in a civilized manner. If that is not the case, then it should be made clear to us that we are not permitted to do so in this forum. (Freedom to talk under a specific premise.) Let me know if that is not the case. If we cannot hold to that premise, then the thread is pointless, and it will tear itself apart.

Last edited by lindabaker on Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : word usage correction)
    Anchor
    Anchor

Post  Anchor Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:36 am

Can we all agree not to make personal attacks? It doesnt have to be a rule or guideline.

Fun can be had without personal attacks - and I think that should include JT or anyone "calling out" anyone else as NWO's DisInfo Agents or whatever and then fighting against it. If they were a joke, then IMO they are in the category of "funny once".

Information should be presented and then left for the digestion of those that care to read it. Ideally the preface to that information should include some nice keywords that enable speed readers to decide if they even want to bother.

AJ..
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:22 am

Pardon my previous post. It should be moved to the debate thread. I will delete if necessary. Linda
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:24 am

I love the GFL, by the way, the Galactic Federation of Flies. I lick them up and they buzz around in my feline belly, and oooh they tickle me!
    JesterTerrestrial
    JesterTerrestrial

Post  JesterTerrestrial Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:48 am

thats the GFF!

LOL

The Galactic Federation of Lies - Page 13 Thestupiditburns

lol!
    JesterTerrestrial
    JesterTerrestrial

Post  JesterTerrestrial Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:52 am

TRANCOSO wrote:

And to be honest, there are a lot of very funny videos & pictures in this thread so far.

Empress, switch to fun-mode again, put up a happy face & show us your amazing grace! And that's an order!

Admiral, consider the skies cleared.

We are now under the official protection of Lady Carol, Chair Mistress of the Council of the 333 Wise & Whitty Women.

Ladies & Gentlemen: We Are Back In Bussines!!!

Let's Have Fun!!!

Yes back in business...of mockery and lies...i just got me decombobulator decombobulated!!!

OH LORDY!!!

You new GFLIAR Space Under Pants are ready for your next flight!!!

You may need to soak them in gitas bed pan before wearing!

The Galactic Federation of Lies - Page 13 Billy_liar_flier

:;lol:
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:32 pm

OMG JT! You constantly have me in stiches along with Gita and Star.. thank you, thank you, thank you. The Galactic Federation of Lies - Page 13 Icon_cheers

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:01 pm

The Galactic Federation of Lies - Page 13 FireExtinguisherABC

Good gad Admiral. Some has to save the family jewels!

Balance
    Balance

Post  Balance Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:17 pm

Carol wrote:
    The Galactic Federation of Lies - Page 13 FireExtinguisherABC

Good gad Admiral. Some has to save the family jewels!
    Carol Darlin,
    I hate to tell you, but the extinguisher is not enough, Not even close. xoxo The Galactic Federation of Lies - Page 13 102384
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:41 pm

Yo! Empress Gitatia, Commander Stardust Quotition, the yearly GFL exams will be held on Saturday, on the planetoid Fjvsiduh 9 (on the left side of Fjvsiduh Cool, at 33:33 pm. The Galactic Federation of Lies - Page 13 Icon_scratch
    Local time zone. (Of course! The Galactic Federation of Lies - Page 13 164548)

The Galactic Federation of Lies - Page 13 Icon_study The Galactic Federation of Lies - Page 13 Icon_study The Galactic Federation of Lies - Page 13 Icon_study
    C U when I C U!
    (TIME)LORD TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:00 am

At PA2 there has been a new thread started on the GFL, which includes a poll. So far the large majority of voters, considers the GFL a hoax.
    The Galactic Federation of Lies - Page 13 Icon_scratch The Galactic Federation of Lies - Page 13 529827 The Galactic Federation of Lies - Page 13 965945 The Galactic Federation of Lies - Page 13 216239

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?1699-About-the-GFL-and-the-Ashtar-Command
    Gita
    Gita

Post  Gita Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:28 am

Lord Trancoso, I will not be taking the exam tomorrow in protest of one of my comedy post being removed by someone who wrongly decided it was ‘baiting’! The Galactic Federation of Lies - Page 13 Icon_scratch Laurel and Hardy clip is baiting??!! The Galactic Federation of Lies - Page 13 Icon_eek Seriously give me a break. The Galactic Federation of Lies - Page 13 824877 Also what happened to no posts being removed policy on the mists?? The Galactic Federation of Lies - Page 13 808451 Talk about censorship – on fun no less!!! The Galactic Federation of Lies - Page 13 848476
    truth and integrity

The Galactic Federation of Lies - Page 13 Empty The Galactic Federation of Lies

Post  truth and integrity Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:35 pm

Lord Trancoso, I will not be taking the exam tomorrow in protest of one of my comedy post being removed by someone who wrongly decided it was ‘baiting’! Laurel and Hardy clip is baiting??!! Seriously give me a break. Also what happened to no posts being removed policy on the mists?? Talk about censorship – on fun no less!!!

I just can’t believe it. Shocked Maybe somebody is investing the energy to break this forum too. I would like to know who is behind this action. It is violation of freedom. It is so wrong. No No
    Adv
    Adv

Post  Adv Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:11 pm

truth and integrity wrote:
    Lord Trancoso, I will not be taking the exam tomorrow in protest of one of my comedy post being removed by someone who wrongly decided it was ‘baiting’! Laurel and Hardy clip is baiting??!! Seriously give me a break. Also what happened to no posts being removed policy on the mists?? Talk about censorship – on fun no less!!!

I just can’t believe it. Shocked Maybe somebody is investing the energy to break this forum too. I would like to know who is behind this action. It is violation of freedom. It is so wrong. No No

T & I,

It was me.

Gita,

If it was just a laurel and hardy video, it wouldn't have been deleted. Try telling the complete story.

My post was copied over from the debate thread and JT was referenced/called out for the mess.

That was baiting in order to continue the argument.

Whether you choose to continue to the joke part of the thread or not is obviously your call. As mentioned several times before, no proxy insults or proxy baiting, your joke can continue.
    Gita
    Gita

Post  Gita Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:31 pm

That’s just your opinion. It was you who chose to give it a complete meaning to what it was indented and branded the label of ‘baiting’ on it. Even now that I’ve repeatedly said there was no baiting you still wanna use that card to justify your police state action. Now where have I come across this scenario before?? The Galactic Federation of Lies - Page 13 808451 You don't get to judge nor twist my intention to suit your agenda. Why don’t you put the post back so others can judge for themselves? I must be real clever to turn Laurel and Hardy clip into 'baiting' and it's funny how only you managed to make a mountain out of nothing! Come on, bring it out in the open (without editing it first of course).
    Adv
    Adv

Post  Adv Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:41 pm

Nice job going Godwin.

I thought you didn't wanna do this ? Looks like now you do.

The post is not coming back. Why didn't you answer my questions before ? If not baiting, why did you need to reference JT and call him out on the mess ? Why did you need to copy my post over here and not leave it where it was in the debate thread ?

I thought you guys wanted to leave this the fun one and that is why I issued the warning in the debate thread.
    truth and integrity

The Galactic Federation of Lies - Page 13 Empty The Galatic Federation of Lies

Post  truth and integrity Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:43 pm

Adv,
    When you deleted a post, we can't make up our mind if it was an insult or not.
    We still remember how people were controlled at Avalon. People who joined the
    Mists are freedom lovers who can take responsibility for their behavior.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:04 am