tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

3 posters

For all Nightowls: Scientific proof we're not "just being lazy".

Sanicle
    Sanicle

For all Nightowls: Scientific proof we're not "just being lazy". Empty For all Nightowls: Scientific proof we're not "just being lazy".

Post  Sanicle Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:53 am

Seems the scientists have finally figured it out.  It's all in our genes.

Our internal clocks are individually encoded, with most people falling in the middle range of a 24-hour cycle, but there are many outliers – including night owls – whose clocks are out of sync.

One in 75 people are predicted to have the “night owl mutation” in clock protein CRY1, delaying sleepiness until the wee hours. Not only does this make it harder for night owls to wake up in the morning, but their longer-than-a-day internal clocks puts them in a perpetual state of jet lag.

For night owls, the sleep cycle is largely beyond their control.

For the full article: http://www.9news.com.au/world/2017/09/19/13/56/body-clock-genetic-mutation-reset

I wish my Mum was still alive so I could show her this article.  And a few bosses I've had!

cheers Spiritual Bleh I love you

(While I'm here, Hugs for you Mudra .......... and anyone else who'd like one.)
    mudra
    mudra

For all Nightowls: Scientific proof we're not "just being lazy". Empty Re: For all Nightowls: Scientific proof we're not "just being lazy".

Post  mudra Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:05 pm

Thank you for the warm hug Sanicle as well as this interesting post.
    It rings a bell and makes sense of what my daughter has been experiencing
    since many many years.
    When she was attending school and had to be there on time early morning
    during the week I remember the nightmare it was to get her out of bed Sleep
    So glad this days are over Wink

Hugs
    Much Love from me
    mudra
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

For all Nightowls: Scientific proof we're not "just being lazy". Empty Re: For all Nightowls: Scientific proof we're not "just being lazy".

Post  Sanicle Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:31 pm

Hanna Hensen, from Researchers for Neuroscience Research Australia, said nightly shut-eye influenced the function of key organs and was an important time to process information and strengthen neural connections.

"Inadequate or poor sleep can have a direct impact on mental health effecting depression, anxiety and emotional instability," Dr Hensen said today.

"A good night sleep can improve mental health, general wellbeing, and boost workplace productivity.

Read the full article here: http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/10/07/09/10/two-in-five-aussies-don-t-get-enough-sleep

There is so many suffering from depression in the world today. How much of it might just come down to the many nightowls in society being forced into living in accordance with the diurnal lifestyle that the majority in society have set in place?
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:05 pm

There are two night owls in our household and I'm not one of them... unless you consider waking and getting up at 3 am every morning being a night owl. Reunite

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:21 pm

3AM! My goodness. I'm starting to think about going to bed around then! (Ah, the joys of being retired and being able to live on my own natural schedule now.)

Yes, I'm sure there are many more of we nightowls in the world than society realizes. Do you think your two suffer for having to 'fit in' Carol?
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:14 pm

As we are discussing sleep ...

Alan Watts - What Is Sleep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsRWpW7-skQ

Love Always
    mudra
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:46 pm

Sanicle wrote:3AM!  My goodness.  I'm starting to think about going to bed around then!  (Ah, the joys of being retired and being able to live on my own natural schedule now.)

Yes, I'm sure there are many more of we nightowls in the world than society realizes.  Do you think your two suffer for having to 'fit in' Carol?

I never fitted in. My own natural schedule is more that of farmer or Buddhist monk. Go to bed early, get up early.

The good news is after a good 6 months, we just got the spa repaired. It still leaks but at least one can slide down and soak. There is nothing like sitting in steamy water under the stars in the wee hours of the morning sipping a latte that compares. Peaceful bliss. Brook

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:33 pm