tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

4 posters

After 6 Years And 720,000 Attempts, Photographer Finally Takes Perfect Shot Of Kingfisher

mudra
    mudra

After 6 Years And 720,000 Attempts, Photographer Finally Takes Perfect Shot Of Kingfisher Empty After 6 Years And 720,000 Attempts, Photographer Finally Takes Perfect Shot Of Kingfisher

Post  mudra Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:04 pm

After 6 Years And 720,000 Attempts, Photographer Finally Takes Perfect Shot Of Kingfisher

After 6 Years And 720,000 Attempts, Photographer Finally Takes Perfect Shot Of Kingfisher Perfect-kingfisher-dive-photo-wildlife-photography-alan-mcfayden-311

Alan McFadyen, who has been an avid wildlife photographer since 2009, just captured a photo that he has spent 6 years trying to get. By his count, it took him 4,200 hours and 720,000 photos to get a perfect shot of a kingfisher diving straight into the water without a single splash.

“The photo I was going for of the perfect dive, flawlessly straight, with no splash required not only me to be in the right place and get a very lucky shot but also for the bird itself to get it perfect,” McFadyen told The Herald Scotland. “I would often go and take 600 pictures in a session and not a single one of them be any good. But now I look back on the thousands and thousands of photos I have taken to get this one image, it makes me realise just how much work I have done to get it.”

McFadyen, who also runs a wildlife photography hide business, was inspired to love nature and wildlife by his grandfather. “I remember my grandfather taking me to see the kingfisher nest and I just remember being completely blown away by how magnificent the birds are. So when I took up photography I returned to this same spot to photograph the kingfishers.”

It took Alan McFadyen 6 years, 4,200 hours and 720,000 photos to get this shot

Arrow After 6 Years And 720,000 Attempts, Photographer Finally Takes Perfect Shot Of Kingfisher Perfect-kingfisher-dive-photo-wildlife-photography-alan-mcfadyen

Love Always
    mudra
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

After 6 Years And 720,000 Attempts, Photographer Finally Takes Perfect Shot Of Kingfisher Empty Re: After 6 Years And 720,000 Attempts, Photographer Finally Takes Perfect Shot Of Kingfisher

Post  Sanicle Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:48 pm

Beautiful!!! cheers
    NANUXII
    NANUXII

After 6 Years And 720,000 Attempts, Photographer Finally Takes Perfect Shot Of Kingfisher Empty Re: After 6 Years And 720,000 Attempts, Photographer Finally Takes Perfect Shot Of Kingfisher

Post  NANUXII Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:13 pm

That is great timing !

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:19 pm

Most excellent! cheers

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 7:26 pm