tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+8
NANUXII
greybeard
Swanny
Mercuriel
Carol
mudra
Jenetta
giovonni
12 posters

Gio's Cosmic Emporium

giovonni
    giovonni

Gio's Cosmic Emporium - Page 33 Empty Re: Gio's Cosmic Emporium

Post  giovonni Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:08 pm

Always check previous pages for missed posted items ... Gio's Cosmic Emporium - Page 33 Smileys-free-download-2610

Gio's Cosmic Emporium - Page 33 6fef9fd8bd4852020ee091046a0ad6ff
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:17 pm

Reeling in the years ...

Blowdup

Iraq War: 15 Years Later | March 21, 2018 Act 3 |

Full Frontal with Samantha Bee

6:30 minutes

giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:38 pm

Three siblings from Georgia ... Gathering

Say Something

Joshua David Evans ft. Erin Evans & Jeremy Evans

"For as long as I can remember, I've wanted to perform like this with my brother and sister. Thank you Jeremy and Erin for joining me on such an incredibly special project that means so much to me on so many different levels. You two give me so much strength and happiness."
    Love you :)

4:42 minutes

giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:45 am

Some catch up with Gabriel Traveler ...  Freedom

First Class Train Trip in Romania: The Journey to Bucharest

Published on Mar 21, 2018
    "My first class train journey from Constanta to Bucharest, Romania."

18:05 minutes

Also ...

Exploring Bucharest, Romania: More Interesting Than I Expected!

Published on Mar 25, 2018
    "Walking around Bucharest, the capital of Romania in the winter."

14:40 minutes

giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:23 am

As The World Turns  Arrow

In retrospect ...

Cambridge Analytica: The Backstory

corbettreport
    SHOW NOTES: https://www.corbettreport.com/?p=26509

"Cambridge Analytica is in the news for its psychographic profiling of the population via Facebook data scrapes. So do you know about the scandal and its background? Well you would if you listened to The Corbett Report. Here's the backstory."

4:31 minutes

giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:50 am

Double Thumbs Up

Gio's Cosmic Emporium - Page 33 1504448356657

Mighty Trains: The Canadian

(Full Episode)

Smithsonian Channel

"Get ready for an epic 2,800-mile journey aboard the legendary Canadian, Via Rail's famous transcontinental passenger train.
    Join us on this breathtaking voyage that attracts rail fans from all over the world."

44:07 minutes

Best viewed in full screen

giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:23 am

And for those with the need ...   scratch

Gio's Cosmic Emporium - Page 33 Mad_rocket_scientist

Flat earther launches himself into sky with homemade rocket

LOS ANGELES — "He finally went up — just like the self-taught rocket scientist always pledged he would.

He came back down in one piece, too — a little dinged up and his steam-powered vessel a little cracked up.

Still, mission accomplished for a guy more daredevil than engineer, who drew more comparisons to the cartoon character Wile E. Coyote from his critics than he did to iconic stunt man Evel Knievel.

“Mad” Mike Hughes, the rocket man who believes the Earth is flat, propelled himself about 1,875 feet into the air Saturday before a hard landing in the Mojave Desert. He told The Associated Press that outside of an aching back he’s fine after the launch near Amboy, California.

“Relieved,” he said after being checked out by paramedics. “I’m tired of people saying I chickened out and didn’t build a rocket. I’m tired of that stuff. I manned up and did it.”

The launch in the desert town — about 200 miles (321.85 kilometers) east of Los Angeles — was originally scheduled in November. It was scrubbed several times due to logistical issues with the Bureau of Land Management and mechanical problems that kept popping up.

The 61-year-old limo driver converted a mobile home into a ramp and modified it to launch from a vertical angle so he wouldn’t fall back to the ground on public land. For months he’s been working on overhauling his rocket in his garage.

It looked like Saturday might be another in a string of cancellations, given that the wind was blowing and his rocket was losing steam. Ideally, they wanted it at 350 psi for maximum thrust, but it was dropping to 340.

“I told Mike we could try to keep charging it up and get it hotter,” said Waldo Stakes, who’s been helping Hughes with his endeavor. “He said, ‘No.’”

Sometime after 3 p.m. PDT, and without a countdown, Hughes’ rocket soared into the sky.

Hughes reached a speed that Stakes estimated to be around 350 mph before pulling his parachute. Hughes was dropping too fast, though, and he had to deploy a second one. He landed with a thud and the rocket’s nose broke in two places like it was designed to do.

“This thing wants to kill you 10 different ways,” said Hughes, who had an altimeter in his cockpit to measure his altitude. “This thing will kill you in a heartbeat."

Gio's Cosmic Emporium - Page 33 Mad_rocket_scientist-1

“Mad” Mike Hughes is carried on a stretcher after his home-made rocket launched and returned to the ground. AP

“Am I glad I did it? Yeah. I guess. I’ll feel it in the morning. I won’t be able to get out of bed. At least I can go home and have dinner and see my cats tonight.”

He got permission to launch on the land owned by Albert Okura, who bought Amboy in 2005 for $435,000. Okura was in attendance and said the event lasted about three to four minutes. The rocket landed about 1,500 feet from the launch ramp, Stakes said.

“Mike branded us as ‘Rocket Town,’” Okura said. “It was amazing.”

This has been quite an undertaking for Hughes, who lives in Apple Valley, California. He’s seen a flurry of reaction to his plans, with detractors labeling him a crackpot for planning the launch in a homemade contraption and his belief that the world is flat.

Some naysayers have posted things like “He’ll be fine” with a picture of Wile E. Coyote strapped to a rocket.

“I hope he doesn’t blow something up,” retired NASA astronaut Jerry Linenger said as Hughes’ plans captured widespread attention. Linenger orbited the globe more than 2,000 times during four months in 1997. “Rocketry, as our private space companies found out, isn’t as easy as it looks.”

Hughes often sparred with his critics on social media leading up to the launch, through Facebook comments and a 12-minute video addressed to his doubters. He’s always maintained that his mission isn’t to prove the Earth is flat.

“Do I believe the Earth is shaped like a Frisbee? I believe it is,” he said. “Do I know for sure? No. That’s why I want to go up in space.”

That’s his project for down the road. He wants to build a “Rockoon,” a rocket that is carried into the atmosphere by a gas-filled balloon, then separated from the balloon and lit. This rocket would take Hughes about 68 miles up."

Gio's Cosmic Emporium - Page 33 20180324_zaf_bl1_020

"He has a documentary crew following him around to record his ambition, with a planned release in August.

This was actually the second time he’s constructed and launched a rocket. He said he jumped on a private property in Winkelman, Arizona, on Jan. 30, 2014, and traveled 1,374 feet. He collapsed after that landing and needed three days to recover.

But there wasn’t any footage of him climbing into the craft, leading some to question whether he even took off.

This one was going to be shown online through Noize TV.

“My story really is incredible,” Hughes said. “It’s got a bunch of story lines — the garage-built thing. I’m an older guy. It’s out in the middle of nowhere, plus the Flat Earth. The problem is it brings out all the nuts also, people questioning everything. It’s the downside of all this.”

His future plans are simple: Fill out the paperwork to run for governor.

“This is no joke,” Hughes said. “I want to do it.”

Source page: https://nypost.com/2018/03/26/flat-earther-launches-himself-into-sky-with-homemade-rocket/

FLAT EARTH ROCKET LAUNCH SUCCESS -
    Mad Mike Hughes March 24th, 2018

1:50 minutes

giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:01 am

Tit for Tat ... Fighters

Below: 'A taxi in front of the Russian Embassy in Warsaw, Poland, Monday, March 26, 2018' ...

Gio's Cosmic Emporium - Page 33 800x450

U.S. expels 60 Russian diplomats, shutters Seattle consulate ...

Details here:
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-russia-diplomats-seattle-consulate-20180326-story.html
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:07 pm

Its da Wave What ever happen to ...

Gio's Cosmic Emporium - Page 33 24774834_10214605086619292_6252727691340740765_n

Phenomenon of two suns in #Colorado #USA

Via ~ Rodrigo Contreras Lopez (facebook) December 2017

Gio's Cosmic Emporium - Page 33 24852360_10214605086139280_156685689074248303_n
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:57 pm

From twin Sun's  ...  sunny

To twin UFO's ... UFO2

UFOs spotted speeding past rescue helicopter

By Aletha Adu, The Sun

March 26, 2018

Bizarre footage shows two “UFOs” speeding past a helicopter before hovering over a crash site where survivors were being rescued.

The silver disc-shaped objects were captured on video flying behind the military chopper by a local news crew off the southwestern coast of France.

The startling footage from February 2014 has only just come to light after it was featured in a new book.

The UFOs and helicopter were seen when 12 people were rescued from a cargo ship, named the Luno, after it hit a seawall in Anglet, breaking into two pieces.

The ship was carrying fertilizer when its engine failed in the choppy Atlantic Ocean.

The UFOs flew in formation close to the chopper as if keeping watch on the rescue operation.

Jason Gleave, 46, who has studied the film of the UFOs, believes the objects are not drones or seagulls.

The former Royal Air Force member said: “Upon analyzing the footage, the twin objects pass to the rear of the helicopter at high velocity and dangerously close.”

“Other theories as to what they could be are possible drones or even birds, but unlikely drones because they would not normally operate in such a close dangerous proximity to the rescue helicopter, due to the volatile unpredictable weather conditions.”

“Upon closer analysis of the video frames, the two objects stay together in flight, in a tight compact formation not deviating from each other.”

Nick Pope, who ran the UK Ministry of Defense’s “UFO desk” for three years, backed Gleave’s research.

He said: “Jason has been involved in researching and investigating UFOs and other mysteries (like many experts in this field, he uses the phrase ‘high strangeness events’ to describe a lot of this) for many years, but his particular area of expertise is imagery analysis.

“Jason has skill and experience in carefully examining photos and videos, sorting out the fact from the fiction.”

Source page:https://nypost.com/2018/03/26/ufos-spotted-speeding-past-rescue-helicopter/

Twin UFO's Buzz Air Sea Rescue Helicopter Helping Sinking Spanish Ship off the Coast of France 2014.

giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:06 pm

Who meow ...  Cow

In 1933, four cows went to Antarctica ...
    And it was not their idea - Read more here:
    https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/first-cows-in-antarctica?
    Gio's Cosmic Emporium - Page 33 Image
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:03 pm

My rainbow is way overdue ... Bleh

Gio's Cosmic Emporium - Page 33 29468438_1792819277435266_7433957236699368441_n

Last Child

Aerosmith

giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:13 pm

Suspect

Is Q a PSY-OP?

Destroying the Illusion

Published on Mar 27, 2018

18:53 minutes

giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:42 am

And with that comes this breakdown ... study

David Icke on Flat Earth Theory, Reptilians, & Denver Airport

Published on Mar 28, 2018

38:26 minutes

giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:02 am

Lost and found ...
    "A rock? No, a camera after two years lost at sea" ... Gio's Cosmic Emporium - Page 33 Camera_80_anim_gif

Gio's Cosmic Emporium - Page 33 _100616324_29063773_1976940452343244_5033182958259486745_o

The incredible journey of a camera lost at sea
    Story here:
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-43579098
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:13 am

"The Trump administration’s move to add a citizenship question to the 2020 Census has
    itself raised all sorts of questions about the rights of voters, minorities and immigrants."

Gio's Cosmic Emporium - Page 33 Wasntme

Gio's Cosmic Emporium - Page 33 DC032818

“Are there any non-citizen immigrants here? The President may need a new wife.”
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:02 pm

Awakening the awoken ... Gio's Cosmic Emporium - Page 33 Snooze

"it's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Are We Part Of A Social Experiment & Don't Know It - Morris

Published on Mar 29, 2018

8:58 minutes

giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:03 pm

Checkmate ... You have Mail

Gio's Cosmic Emporium - Page 33 9855bce54acae2446837a29b6fedf55b

Julian Assange loses Internet access

By William Booth and Karla Adam March 29

LONDON — "Julian Assange, the controversial founder of WikiLeaks, has been barred from using the Internet at the Ecuadoran Embassy in London, where he has been holed up for nearly six years, the Ecuadoran government announced.

In a statement on Wednesday, Ecuador said it suspended Assange’s ability to communicate with the outside world because he violated an agreement he signed with his hosts at the end of 2017 not to use his communiques to interfere in the affairs of other states. It was not immediately clear whether visitors would also be stopped.

“The Ecuador government warns that the conduct of Assange via his messages on social media puts at risk the good relations that Ecuador maintains with the United Kingdom, the European Union and other nations,” the statement said.

Ecuador did not cite any examples of this alleged breach.

Assange strongly supported separatist leaders in Spain’s Catalonia region who sought to secede last year. The head of that movement, Carles Puigdemont, the former regional president of Catalonia, was arrested over the weekend in Germany. Spanish authorities seek his extradition and return to Madrid, where he faces possible charges of treason and misuse of public funds.

Assange recently tweeted a stream of commentary about Facebook’s data breach, President Trump’s choice of John Bolton to serve as national security adviser, and allegations that Libyan dictator Moammar Gaddafi helped finance French politician Nicolas Sarkozy’s successful 2007 presidential election campaign.

Sources close to Assange revealed that the document he signed does not specifically address his tweeting and advocacy. Instead, Assange agreed to comply with Article 41 of the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations of 1961, which states:

“The premises of the mission must not be used in any manner incompatible with the functions of the mission as laid down in the present Convention or by other rules of general international law or by any special agreements in force between the sending and the receiving State.”

A WikiLeaks source, who declined to be named because communications with Assange have been cut off, said Assange signed the document when Ecuador was considering making him a diplomat, with all the protections that would imply. Such a move was not taken.

Instead, Wikileaks supporters say Assange sought refuge as a free-speech advocate who now finds his speech muzzled.

Assange, however, specifically sought refuge at the Ecuadoran Embassy, located in one of London’s most exclusive neighborhoods, in 2012 to avoid extradition to Sweden, where he was wanted for questioning about alleged sex crimes. Assange has denied the allegations. Swedish authorities have since shelved their investigation on grounds they could not get access to him.

Earlier this year, Assange lost two legal bids to quash a British arrest warrant issued after he skipped bail and fled to the embassy.

Assange has expressed fears that if he leaves the embassy, he will be arrested and extradited to the United States for questioning over WikiLeaks’s role in publishing a trove of classified U.S. documents.

Assange was granted Ecuadoran citizenship late last year, and the government said it has protected him. In its communique Wednesday, the South American nation seemed to be saying enough was enough.

Yanis Varoufakis, a former Greek minister, and Brian Eno, a British musician and record producer, said they had “great concern” when they heard Assange has lost access to the Internet and reportedly was no longer allowed to receive visitors.

“Only extraordinary pressure from the U.S. and the Spanish governments can explain why Ecuador’s authorities should have taken such appalling steps in isolating Julian,” they wrote in a statement.

This is not the first time his hosts have cut off his access to the Internet. In October 2016, the embassy temporarily denied Assange Internet access out of concern WikiLeaks was interfering in the U.S. presidential election. In the summer of 2016, the anti-secrecy site published hacked emails from the Democratic National Committee.

The Ecuadoran government said it cut off Assange’s Internet on Tuesday.

In his latest tweets, posted Tuesday, Assange responded to an insult by  Foreign Office Minister Alan Duncan. In a debate in Parliament, Duncan called Assange a “miserable little worm” who should hand himself over to British authorities to face justice.

Assange tweeted in response: “As a political prisoner detained without charge for 8 years, in violation of 2 UN rulings, I suppose I must be ‘miserable’; yet nothing wrong with being a ‘little’ person although I'm rather tall; and better a ‘worm’, a healthy creature that invigorates the soil, than a snake.”"

Source page: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/ecuadoran-embassy-in-london-cuts-off-julian-assanges-internet/2018/03/28/10322e9c-32ae-11e8-b6bd-0084a1666987_story.html?utm_term=.c7561b6c0562
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:57 am

Still / Gio's Cosmic Emporium - Page 33 Too-cold

Winter Train Trip in Romania: Bucharest to Brasov

Gabriel Traveler

Published on Mar 28, 2018

15:08 minutes

giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:38 am

Draining the swamp ... Gio's Cosmic Emporium - Page 33 Facepalm

Gio's Cosmic Emporium - Page 33 Donald-trump-facepalm

White House freaking out over EPA chief’s living arrangements
    Stroll in here:
    https://nypost.com/2018/03/30/white-house-freaking-out-over-epa-chiefs-living-arrangements/
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:58 pm

Extraordinary ... Gio's Cosmic Emporium - Page 33 Nod

What explains the marmoset's generosity toward little ones?

Gio's Cosmic Emporium - Page 33 800x450

These monkeys surprised scientists by sharing even more when no one was looking

"Marmoset monkeys exist on a branch of the evolutionary tree that is distinct from the one that led to humans. But these fellow primates consistently astonish researchers with social behavior that seems, well, pretty highly evolved.

Marmosets engage in rigorously polite patterns of communication and do not talk over or interrupt each other. Though territorial, they are so inquisitive that they will watch videos of marmosets they do not know and learn from them.

Marmosets’ social organization and child-rearing practices could have been the model for the phrase, “it takes a village.” A dominant male and female breed, and their babies are meticulously looked after by extended family members who then aren’t free to breed themselves.

A new study further burnishes the marmoset’s reputation for admirable community values. Researchers report that these caregivers share their food more generously with little ones in private than when they’re surrounded by the watchful eyes of other community members.

Such seemingly selfless behavior makes the common marmoset a particular puzzle for researchers keen to explain the already-perplexing phenomenon of altruism in humans and a few other higher-order primates.

After all, in stark evolutionary terms, kindness, generosity and self-sacrifice make no sense. When an individual’s survival and the propagation of his genes arguably depend on his hoarding every advantage for himself, why on earth would he forfeit anything to benefit a fellow member of his species?

For marmosets, it’s hard enough to explain the willingness of some family members to delay or forgo breeding to help out with a relative’s offspring. But to share food with those babies when no one’s looking? That just defies all expectations.

In complex societies where individuals band together for mutual protection, researchers have come up with a few widely embraced explanations for altruistic behavior.

Boosting the prospects of a relative’s child — kinship selection — does help propagate at least a few of an individual’s genes, and thus seems a good general explanation for self-sacrificing behavior. But specific acts, like sharing a delicious cricket with a begging baby marmoset, seem to need more specific explanation.

One possibility is that an individual practices generosity as a means of enhancing his status among peers. By demonstrating that he is so well-endowed with material goods that he can give some away, this do-gooder enhances his prestige within the group. That, in turn, may appeal to prospective mates.

The other explanation for charitable behavior posits that kindnesses extended to others are simply the dues of group membership, which offers some future promise of a chance to mate. Failure to share would result in expulsion from the group and a loss of prospective partners. Scientists call this the “pay to stay” model.

Importantly, for both of these models to work, acts of kindness must have an audience. That suggests you would see more sharing in group settings — away from judging eyes, a caregiver might be more inclined to keep food for him or herself.

And yet, in 2,581 trials conducted with 31 adult and 14 baby marmosets, the opposite appeared to be true.

Anthropologists from the University of Zurich carefully documented how often, in groups and in conditions that found caregiver and baby separated from the crowd, an adult would share his or her cricket.

When alone with a baby begging for a taste, adult marmosets shared their cricket 85% of the time. When in a group, caregivers offered up their cricket 67% of the time.

“Our results show that helping in common marmosets is not driven by reputation management or punishment avoidance,” the study authors reported. “Rather, it is driven by an intrinsic motivation to help that is more strongly expressed when individuals are alone with offspring.”

What motivated these acts of kindness? The authors offered a human parallel as a possibility.

“The marmoset pattern of results calls to mind the so-called diffusion of responsibility effect, which is well established in humans,” the authors write. “People are less likely to help in the presence of a larger number of bystanders, but feel more responsible when alone with a needy individual.”

Whether that pattern fits will require more research, not only in marmosets but with chimpanzees and capuchin monkeys, whose breeding patterns are far less cooperative."

The study was published this week in the journal Biology Letters.

by melissa.healy@latimes.com

source page: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/space/go-for-launch/la-sci-sn-monkeys-cooperation-sharing-20180330-story.html
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:22 pm

At the station ...

Gio's Cosmic Emporium - Page 33 Hoboken-engagement-session-4

White Room

Cream

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:29 am

"James Corbett Is Not On Twitter" - By Dan Dicks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUprG6Yaa50

#deletetwitter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YujcZu5Z1AM

Love Always
    mudra
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:06 pm

Ending the month with these cautionary items ...  

Cape Town drought is a global harbinger, says NASA scientist

PBS NewsHour

Published on Mar 31, 2018

"Factors like population growth, income inequality and climate change have exacerbated water related issues around the world. Abuse and depletion of the natural resource has led to instability and violence in places like Iran, Syria and Bangladesh as well as crises in the U.S. Jay Famiglietti, NASA’s senior water scientist, joins Hari Sreenivasan from Los Angeles to identify global patterns."

6:26 minutes

Plus ...

How Cape Town's Residents Are Surviving the Water Crisis—For Now

National Geographic

Published on Mar 12, 2018

"Cape Town, South Africa's water crisis has hit everyone in the city,
    as restrictions make daily life a challenge."

3:34 minutes

giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:53 pm