tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

4 posters

Facebook Unveils DeepText: An AI With ‘Near-Human’ Level Of Language And Context Comprehension

mudra
    mudra

Facebook Unveils DeepText: An AI With ‘Near-Human’ Level Of Language And Context Comprehension Empty Facebook Unveils DeepText: An AI With ‘Near-Human’ Level Of Language And Context Comprehension

Post  mudra Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:55 pm

Facebook Unveils DeepText: An AI With ‘Near-Human’ Level Of Language And Context Comprehension

06/02/16

A lot of companies — Facebook, Google and Microsoft included — have, in recent years, begun working in earnest to incorporate “deep learning” algorithms into their software that are used to recognize objects in images, faces in photographs and spoken words. Last month, Google open sourced “SyntaxNet” — an Artificial Intelligence (AI) system that, through the use of deep neural networks, aims to read and understand human language in order to process it and derive real meaning.

In another step toward creating a deep learning-based AI capable of grasping the way humans talk with a near-human level accuracy, Facebook on Wednesday unveiled “DeepText” — a natural language processing engine that comprehends the textual content of several thousand posts per second, spanning more than 20 languages.

“Traditional techniques require extensive preprocessing logic built on intricate engineering and language knowledge. There are also variations within each language, as people use slang and different spellings to communicate the same idea,” Facebook explained in its blog post. “Using deep learning, we can reduce the reliance on language-dependent knowledge, as the system can learn from text with no or little preprocessing. This helps us span multiple languages quickly, with minimal engineering effort.”

Currently, a major challenge researchers face vis-à-vis creation of truly human-like AI is the inability to create algorithms that can understand subtle nuances in language. For instance, if an AI can be programmed to understand the difference between “I need a ride,” “I just finished a ride,” and “I found a ride,” it would know when to call a cab and when not to.

This is the discrepancy Facebook hopes to resolve using DeepText. The AI would not only understand the words individually, it would also comprehend them in the proper context, thereby detecting the “intent” behind those words.

read on: http://www.ibtimes.com/facebook-unveils-deeptext-ai-near-human-level-language-context-comprehension-2377090

Love Always
    mudra
    Swanny
    Swanny

Facebook Unveils DeepText: An AI With ‘Near-Human’ Level Of Language And Context Comprehension Empty Re: Facebook Unveils DeepText: An AI With ‘Near-Human’ Level Of Language And Context Comprehension

Post  Swanny Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:19 am

From what I remember of FB there wasn't a lot of intelligence there Bleh
    mudra
    mudra

Facebook Unveils DeepText: An AI With ‘Near-Human’ Level Of Language And Context Comprehension Empty Re: Facebook Unveils DeepText: An AI With ‘Near-Human’ Level Of Language And Context Comprehension

Post  mudra Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:08 am

Swanny wrote:From what I remember of FB there wasn't a lot of intelligence there Bleh

LOL

You would be surprised as Facebook grew how intelligence found it's way in.
    You just have to consult the catalogue and order what suits you .
    Not so bad as I first thought Swanny.

Love from me
    mudra
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:53 am

I've always steered clear of Facebook.  Major privacy issues, who 'owns' content?, tracking/data mining etc... tongue
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:52 pm

Pris wrote:.

I've always steered clear of Facebook.  Major privacy issues, who 'owns' content?, tracking/data mining etc... tongue

This issue might well find a way around it in the future.

http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t9019-the-webs-creator-looks-to-reinvent-it

Love from me
    mudra
    Swanny
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:37 pm

I was on it many years ago but left when I realised what it was
    So many people want to leave but make up excuses not too rendeer
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:21 pm

Yeah, it's like people not wanting to give up their wireless tech and their cell phones.  There's no excuse good enough to justify frying yourself and everyone else. Facebook Unveils DeepText: An AI With ‘Near-Human’ Level Of Language And Context Comprehension Image028-24

"Can't live without it."  Let's give up our privacy, our health, our freedom -- not to mention our conscience.

There's no turning back.  Everyone needs to stop behaving like herd animals.  People need to think for themselves for a change and take responsibility for their own hand in escalating so many of the problems we're all dealing with right now.  Be selfless for a moment and care about your impact on others.

There are safer technologies.  We need to decentralize and take our power back.  Do we want a better world to live in or not?  

It starts with you.

Swanny
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:41 am

Most people I know can't/won't leave the house without their phones
    Sad feckers Naughty
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:27 am

Lol, sad feckers is right. Oooyeah 1  It's almost amusing except for the fact that, with their actions, these feckers are supporting and perpetuating the control systems that are pulling us all down.  Great.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:31 am

I have known a time when there were no computers, no cell phones , no credit cards, no internet, no emails , no websites around. Life was good Cheerful

These things become upsetting when they become mandatory and are considered as the new official " normal " way of living.

In Belgium for example you can’t fill your yearly revenue sheet on paper any longer. It has to be done electronically.

I happened to have to book plane tickets on the web last year and discovered it’s mandatory to fill your mail and cell phone number . Without these no tickets. Happened on various other sites too.

Energy companies are now strongly advising you to sort matters out that may arise by directing you to their forum. A place where specific questions you have are never taken into account. And if you want to speak to someone from the helpdesk you better have plenty of time in front of you before the answering machine there actually connects you with someone that’s alive.

My own business considerably reduced over the years. One of the main reasons being that no one picks a phone any more to ask for information. Instead you get a line or two sent from an I pad that you have to answer by mail.
    In 90% of the cases I lost that direct friendly contact I used to have over the phone with my potential clients . And that made all the difference !

These machines have their utility that I can’t deny but overall this world doesn’t resemble anything I used to know feeling like a dress that doesn’t fit any longer.

As I was ready to hit the send button of this post I lost my connection and had to write it all again Rolling Eyes

If the the future is a society that is more computerized and deshumanized , and I think it is heading there considering how much the younger generation is already hooked on it, than I am quite happy I already did 2/3 of my time here. Sometimes I wish I already had done it all Freedom

Love from me
    mudra
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:37 am

mudra

• Facebook Unveils DeepText: An AI With ‘Near-Human’ Level Of Language And Context Comprehension Icon_post_info

• Post n°10

Facebook Unveils DeepText: An AI With ‘Near-Human’ Level Of Language And Context Comprehension Empty  mudra Today at 2:31 pm
    "I have known a time when there were no computers, no cell phones , no credit cards, no internet, no emails , no websites around. Life was good " Facebook Unveils DeepText: An AI With ‘Near-Human’ Level Of Language And Context Comprehension 854501 

Indeed it was very good and there was a lot more time spent outdoors as well where folks were more connected to nature.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Swanny
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:59 pm

mudra wrote: I am quite happy I already did 2/3 of my time here.

Same here. I'm glad I was born in the 60's Enlightened
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:32 pm

Swanny wrote:
    mudra wrote:  I am quite happy I already did 2/3 of my time here.

Great Swanny cheers
    We'll probably leave this plane together then.
    2/3 of my time here and my last time round too.
    I am not coming back here .

Love from me
    mudra

Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:08 pm

Carol wrote:
    mudra

• Facebook Unveils DeepText: An AI With ‘Near-Human’ Level Of Language And Context Comprehension Icon_post_info

• Post n°10

Facebook Unveils DeepText: An AI With ‘Near-Human’ Level Of Language And Context Comprehension Empty  mudra Today at 2:31 pm
    "I have known a time when there were no computers, no cell phones , no credit cards, no internet, no emails , no websites around. Life was good " Facebook Unveils DeepText: An AI With ‘Near-Human’ Level Of Language And Context Comprehension 854501 

Indeed it was very good and there was a lot more time spent outdoors as well where folks were more connected to nature.

When I was a kid, I'd always give a friend a quick phone call (on a real phone) just to find out if he or she wanted to get together.  Then, we'd meet outside and spend the whole day playing around in the neighbourhood (no adult supervision).  Man, did we ever have fun.
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:31 pm

mudra wrote:
    Swanny wrote:
    mudra wrote:  I am quite happy I already did 2/3 of my time here.

Great Swanny cheers
    We'll probably leave this plane together then.
    2/3 of my time here and my last time round too.
    I am not coming back here .

Love from me
    mudra

You two! I love you  I can't believe I made it this far already, and I'm nowhere near ready to Bite The Big One.  There's so much to enjoy, to see and learn, to feel, to feel what others feel, to express -- all range of emotion -- to be excited about... to create and to share...  to experience... to laugh and to love...  I feel like I'm bursting from moment to moment.

Still, when the time comes...  I'm not coming back here unless we sort this mess out before I leave.  The intensity of suffering here is excruciating.  It's easy to get caught up in it -- to want to help others while feeling so helpless.  It seems like I keep having to pull myself back down... as I've mentioned before: to ground myself.  I always need to anchor myself with positivity and it's been quite the challenge.  Often, my negative emotions get the better of me.  I get frustrated and lose my patience.

Anyway, all of us sharing like this...  it's moments like this that make me feel so honoured and grateful to be alive and to be a part of it.

If you're feeling down...

Remember what it felt like
    to see the world
    with new eyes.

Facebook Unveils DeepText: An AI With ‘Near-Human’ Level Of Language And Context Comprehension 3c31c88ac54b72b2ead9448c04ba0eb3
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:24 pm

Pris wrote:

When I was a kid, I'd always give a friend a quick phone call (on a real phone) just to find out if he or she wanted to get together.  Then, we'd meet outside and spend the whole day playing around in the neighbourhood (no adult supervision).  Man, did we ever have fun.

It's good to have such a point of reference and to be able to tell the next generation that has n't had a chance to know any of that that fun was possible and that we had plenty.
    I always liked to listen to persons that were much older than me how life was for them way back then.

Love from me
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:52 pm

Pris wrote:
    You two! I love you  I can't believe I made it this far already, and I'm nowhere near ready to Bite The Big One.  There's so much to enjoy, to see and learn, to feel, to feel what others feel, to express -- all range of emotion -- to be excited about... to create and to share...  to experience... to laugh and to love...  I feel like I'm bursting from moment to moment.

Still, when the time comes...  I'm not coming back here unless we sort this mess out before I leave.  The intensity of suffering here is excruciating.  It's easy to get caught up in it -- to want to help others while feeling so helpless.  It seems like I keep having to pull myself back down... as I've mentioned before: to ground myself.  I always need to anchor myself with positivity and it's been quite the challenge.  Often, my negative emotions get the better of me.  I get frustrated and lose my patience.

Anyway, all of us sharing like this...  it's moments like this that make me feel so honoured and grateful to be alive and to be a part of it.

If you're feeling down...

Remember what it felt like
    to see the world
    with new eyes.

Facebook Unveils DeepText: An AI With ‘Near-Human’ Level Of Language And Context Comprehension 3c31c88ac54b72b2ead9448c04ba0eb3

True there is beauty in the world indeed and many good things to share. Humans are capable of great and inspiring deeds and nature does it all the time. Ugliness is that piece of coarse material that hasn't been touched by a soul's heart yet and shaped into harmony.

I love this quote from Michelangelo

Facebook Unveils DeepText: An AI With ‘Near-Human’ Level Of Language And Context Comprehension I-saw-the-angel-in-the-marble-and-carved-until-i-set-him-free

It's fresh  new eyes every moment to me except when I forget to look from the soul perspective and allow the clutter in Wink Thanks for reminding me Pris :)

Love from me
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:27 pm

LOL  cat finds his way to Facebook and becomes a star overnight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QivE0vmiy6Y

Love Always
    mudra
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:54 pm

mudra wrote:
    Pris wrote:

It's good to have such a point of reference and to be able to tell the next generation that has n't had a chance to know any of that that fun was possible and that we had plenty.
    I always liked to listen to persons that were much older than me how life was for them way back then.

Love from me
    mudra

I was one of the fortunate ones... Skateboards, bikes, Crazy Carpets, snow forts and snow balls, lemon-twists, hula hoops and skipping ropes, hopscotch, battling it out with potato guns (luckily no one lost an eye) and popping caps (cap guns), water bombs, squirt guns, running through sprinklers... Very Happy

My parents weren't so fortunate.  They spent their childhood going through the war (in Germany and Pomerania, Austria)... but they sure have great stories of how strangers often helped them out in difficult times.  It was the norm, not the exception. Cheerful

Last edited by Pris on Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:03 pm

mudra wrote:True there is beauty in the world indeed and many good things to share. Humans are capable of great and inspiring deeds and nature does it all the time. Ugliness is that piece of coarse material that hasn't been touched by a soul's heart yet and shaped into harmony.

I love this quote from Michelangelo

Facebook Unveils DeepText: An AI With ‘Near-Human’ Level Of Language And Context Comprehension I-saw-the-angel-in-the-marble-and-carved-until-i-set-him-free

It's fresh  new eyes every moment to me except when I forget to look from the soul perspective and allow the clutter in Wink Thanks for reminding me Pris :)

Love from me
    mudra

That's beautiful! JT

mudra wrote:LOL  cat finds his way to Facebook and becomes a star overnight

Love Always
    mudra

HAHAHA Dancing?!  Is that what they're calling it? Naughty

It just goes to show... self-pleasuring is a cross-species phenomena! Blushes The Floyd

Swanny
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:31 am

mudra wrote:LOL  cat finds his way to Facebook and becomes a star overnight

Love Always
    mudra

Looks like it's got worms Oooyeah 1
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:13 pm

"Looks like it's got worms Oooyeah 1" ........ Lmao......Eeeewwwww!!!!! tongue Lmfao

Facebook Unveils DeepText: An AI With ‘Near-Human’ Level Of Language And Context Comprehension 63946-424x283-Cat_Rear_Exam
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:14 am

Me thinks it's an  android cat that is fond of techno.

Love from me
    mudra
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:33 pm

Facebook Unveils DeepText: An AI With ‘Near-Human’ Level Of Language And Context Comprehension -lol-cats-28810333-500-375

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:51 am