tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

5 posters

Most Bottled Water is FILLED With Fluoride, Here’s a Complete List of Brands to Avoid

Pris
    Pris

Most Bottled Water is FILLED With Fluoride, Here’s a Complete List of Brands to Avoid - Page 2 Empty Re: Most Bottled Water is FILLED With Fluoride, Here’s a Complete List of Brands to Avoid

Post  Pris Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:58 am

All three are nice!  I'm not familiar with the first two designs, but they look like beauties.  Stovetop models, yes?

I'm more familiar with the third one... electric countertop model (it's similar in design to my very first distiller).  And, from the reviews on Amazon, it seems to be a good one (no plastic parts -- bonus).

It looks like it uses small carbon filters in it's 'out spout'.  You can buy them, or you could do what I did -- reuse the charcoal filter that comes with the unit by emptying it and refilling it with activated charcoal (I used activated aquarium charcoal, easy, fairly cheap).  Depending on how often you make distilled water, you need to replace the filter every few weeks, give or take.

Because my tap water is high in VOCs, I would also pre-filter it using a Brita filter before filling the tank.  Again, if you like you can make your own filter(s) by gutting out a used Brita filter and reuse it by filling it with your own activated charcoal).  Depending on the quality of the water you are starting out with, you may not have to use pre and/or post filters at all.

Swanny
    Swanny

Most Bottled Water is FILLED With Fluoride, Here’s a Complete List of Brands to Avoid - Page 2 Empty Re: Most Bottled Water is FILLED With Fluoride, Here’s a Complete List of Brands to Avoid

Post  Swanny Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:31 pm

Stay well away from Brita water filters. They are bad news and actually add aluminum to your water

" Actual results of the Brita water filter:  

Aluminum reduction: INCREASE of 33.9% "

http://waterfilterlabs.com/Brita-water-filter-heavy-metals-lab-test-results-lead-arsenic-cesium.html

http://waterfilterlabs.com/

By the way aluminum is pronounced Al U Minium Thubs Up

and not A lum minum as Americans seem to do scratch
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:04 pm

Swanny wrote:Stay well away from Brita water filters. They are bad news and actually add aluminum to your water

" Actual results of the Brita water filter:  

Aluminum reduction: INCREASE of 33.9% "

http://waterfilterlabs.com/Brita-water-filter-heavy-metals-lab-test-results-lead-arsenic-cesium.html

http://waterfilterlabs.com/

By the way aluminum is pronounced Al     U        Minium   Thubs Up

and not A lum minum as Americans seem to do scratch

That's awful!   Very good to know.  Btw, I only used the Brita filter to pre-filter the water for VOCs... so the aluminum would be removed during the distillation process.  Still, back in the 'old days' when we didn't know any better, we used to drink Brita filtered water all the time...  B@ST@RDS! Mad 1  

No, no, no.  It's pronounced 'AL U MINUM' -- NOT 'AL U MINI UM'.  Do you see an extra 'I' in there?  No?  That's right, there's no extra 'I' in there.

Seriously, what's the matter with you people? Insanely Happy

Swanny
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:56 am

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/aluminium

Click on the little speaker thing

I'm English therefore I know how to speak English better than you Malletzky

Anyway you're from Canada which is still part of Britain so you should be speaking proper English, unless you're one of those French types Bleh
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:23 am

Aluminium vs. aluminum

Aluminum is the American and Canadian spelling for the silver-white metallic element (number 13 on the periodic table) abundant in the earth’s crust. Aluminium is the preferred spelling outside North America. Neither term is superior to the other, and both are etymologically and logically justifiable. Aluminum is older, while aluminium is more consistent with other element names such as helium, lithium, magnesium, and so on (though let’s not forget there are other -um elements—molybdenum, tantalum, and platinum).

Aluminium has the edge in scientific writing even in North America. This is primarily because several influential scientific organizations and publications prefer the spelling.

http://grammarist.com/spelling/aluminium-aluminum/

Wink

Love from me
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:27 am

Swanny wrote:
    Anyway you're from Canada which is still part of Britain so you should be speaking proper English, unless you're one of those French types   Bleh

If she was of the French type then she would say it as we say it in Belgium in the french way: alu-minium Laugh

Love from me
    mudra
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:49 am

mudra wrote:Aluminium vs. aluminum

Aluminum is the American and Canadian spelling for the silver-white metallic element (number 13 on the periodic table) abundant in the earth’s crust. Aluminium is the preferred spelling outside North America. Neither term is superior to the other, and both are etymologically and logically justifiable. Aluminum is older, while aluminium is more consistent with other element names such as helium, lithium, magnesium, and so on (though let’s not forget there are other -um elements—molybdenum, tantalum, and platinum).

Aluminium has the edge in scientific writing even in North America. This is primarily because several influential scientific organizations and publications prefer the spelling.

http://grammarist.com/spelling/aluminium-aluminum/

Wink

Love from me
    mudra

You're one of the most level-headed people in this forum, mudra (a little boring at times Big Grin 1).

Now, where was I....

Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:09 am

Swanny wrote:http://www.dictionary.com/browse/aluminium

Click on the little speaker thing

I'm English therefore I know how to speak English better than you Malletzky

Anyway you're from Canada which is still part of Britain so you should be speaking proper English, unless you're one of those French types   Bleh

HAH!  Two can play at this game!  Very Happy Most Bottled Water is FILLED With Fluoride, Here’s a Complete List of Brands to Avoid - Page 2 Free-fighting-smileys-382

Now, YOU click on the little speaker thing:

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/aluminum

So, you say you speak better English than me because you're English?  You're just British with a funny way of speaking English. Crazy Happy

What kind of a word is aluminiumiumiumium....  How do you know when to stop??? Blink

Aluminum came first.  So there.

And, finally...

If Weird Al says it's so, IT MUST BE SO.
    Most Bottled Water is FILLED With Fluoride, Here’s a Complete List of Brands to Avoid - Page 2 687474703a2f2f7777772e696c6c75677261662e646b2f4247472f536d696c65792f776f72736869705f6c6566742e676966Most Bottled Water is FILLED With Fluoride, Here’s a Complete List of Brands to Avoid - Page 2 687474703a2f2f7777772e696c6c75677261662e646b2f4247472f536d696c65792f776f72736869705f6c6566742e676966Most Bottled Water is FILLED With Fluoride, Here’s a Complete List of Brands to Avoid - Page 2 687474703a2f2f7777772e696c6c75677261662e646b2f4247472f536d696c65792f776f72736869705f6c6566742e676966

Swanny
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:51 am

For your information I'm not British I'm 3/4 English and a 1/4 Welsh albino sunny

Oh and by the way. Herb doesn't have a silent H pig
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:33 am

Whatever.

Three quarters, eh?  Your 1/4 Welsh should find this amusing Very Happy :

Of course 'herb' doesn't have a silent H.  What do you take me for? bounce

Btw, your suggestion earlier... no, I'm not even slightly French Canadian.
    Through no fault of my own, I'm an English Canadian lol (with a German heritage) and really couldn't give two shites about it. Oooyeah 1

Swanny
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:19 am

She's Welsh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYxWY1r7BiM

Oooyeah 1

I reckon Canadians are alright Jenneta
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:08 pm

Nice punch! Cool

Sadly, most Canadians are a bunch of cowardly wusses.  At least my anal German background is good for something. Thubs Up

Btw, it seems that by the 23rd century they finally resolved the 'aluminum/aluminium' debate...

Scotty being Scottish and all. Cheerful  

At 0:50:

Swanny
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:10 am

Nice try but Scotty is a Canadian Malletzky
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:43 am

No. James Doohan was a Canadian. Rolling Eyes  

This is about Scotty.

Most Bottled Water is FILLED With Fluoride, Here’s a Complete List of Brands to Avoid - Page 2 Scotty

Most Bottled Water is FILLED With Fluoride, Here’s a Complete List of Brands to Avoid - Page 2 QZbGo85
    Swanny
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:59 am

Ok sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Jawdrop

Scotty isn't real, if he was he'd still be saying "Aluminium" even in the 23rd century Enlightened
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:12 am

Of course Scotty is real!  He came back from the 23rd century.

If it wasn't for him, we'd never have invented transparent aluminum. Cool

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:31 pm

Pris wrote:

You're one of the most level-headed people in this forum, mudra (a little boring at times Big Grin 1).

Now, where was I....

I hear you Captain Pris

Most Bottled Water is FILLED With Fluoride, Here’s a Complete List of Brands to Avoid - Page 2 Tumblr_my8cj3XuA71t8j1k3o3_250

Lmfao

Love from me
    mudra
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:13 am

mudra wrote:I hear you Captain Pris

Most Bottled Water is FILLED With Fluoride, Here’s a Complete List of Brands to Avoid - Page 2 Tumblr_my8cj3XuA71t8j1k3o3_250

Lmfao

Love from me
    mudra

Captain Pris:
    Most Bottled Water is FILLED With Fluoride, Here’s a Complete List of Brands to Avoid - Page 2 6ea17a7788257aa42d9a0a33c65ff527

Most Bottled Water is FILLED With Fluoride, Here’s a Complete List of Brands to Avoid - Page 2 1800c3b7ea3606b210ff2a3ede5d577a

Most Bottled Water is FILLED With Fluoride, Here’s a Complete List of Brands to Avoid - Page 2 632a3e06e6f1801f9e16a88176f4dec1
    Yes, I do. Very Happy

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:01 am