tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

5 posters

Most Bottled Water is FILLED With Fluoride, Here’s a Complete List of Brands to Avoid

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Most Bottled Water is FILLED With Fluoride, Here’s a Complete List of Brands to Avoid Empty Most Bottled Water is FILLED With Fluoride, Here’s a Complete List of Brands to Avoid

Post  Carol Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:29 pm

Most Bottled Water is FILLED With Fluoride, Here’s a Complete List of Brands to Avoid Most-Bottled-Water-is-FILLED-With-Fluoride-Here%E2%80%99s-a-Complete-List-of-Brands-to-Avoid

Most Bottled Water is FILLED With Fluoride, 

Here’s a Complete List of Brands to Avoid

Fluoride seems to fit in with lead, mercury, and other poisons that cause chemical brain drain,” Grandjean says. “The effect of each toxicant may seem small, but the combined damage on a population scale can be serious, especially because the brain power of the next generation is crucial to all of us.”
    As with other fresh water supplies (e.g., spring water, lake water, river water), bottled waters have low levels of fluoride. Fresh surface water contains an average of just 0.05 ppm. To put this in perspective, artificially fluoridated water (using industrial-grade fluoride chemicals) contains 0.7 to 1.2 ppm fluoride, which is 14 to 24 times more than the average natural level.

Fluoride Health Problems

There is a lot of controversy surrounding the presence of fluoride in public drinking water (fluoridation). For starters, before fluoride was used to fight cavities, it was (and still is) used in insecticides and rat poision.
    Fluorosis is a condition that wears down the enamal of the tooth, leaving behind white spots, making the teeth more vulnerable to cavities and decay. Fluorosis is a very real health condition that can effect both children and adults. More and more evidence is mounting against the use of fluoride, even in small amounts. But it doesn’t appear to be a critical issue according to the US Surgeon Generals, as the last 5 Surgeon Generals have supported the fluoridation of drinking water. Incidentally, the claimed health benefits almost always point to oral health. Fortunately, the CDC is calling for new labeling rules requiring manufacturers to list a product’s fluoride content, which we have found to be missing in some cases.

What is too much Fluoride?

Fluoride itself is actually required by our bodies in low doses. When consumed in high amounts, specifically the man-made fluoride that is in public drinking water, can cause problems.
    An estimated 5-10g of sodium fluoride can be lethal for some adults. While fluoride provides benefits to your oral health, it can also come with adverse side effects, that vary in severity depending upon the amount of fluoride consumed. Excessive consumption of fluoride can lead to gastrointestinal discomfort. This can occur with doses 15 to 20 times lower than actual lethal doses (0.2-0.3mg/kg). Fluoride in exessive amounts can also cause problems in the formation bone.
    Here are some bottled water brands that contain little to no fluoride:  http://www.naturalcuresplanet.com/?p=656

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Pris
    Pris

Most Bottled Water is FILLED With Fluoride, Here’s a Complete List of Brands to Avoid Empty Re: Most Bottled Water is FILLED With Fluoride, Here’s a Complete List of Brands to Avoid

Post  Pris Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:22 pm

LOL.  And, let's not forget fluoride calcifies the pineal gland and 'softens up' the mind to be more subdued... less rebellious.  I've read that it is a poison and a narcotic.  Do your own research.

I avoid any drink with dissolved, inorganic minerals as best as I can.  You may as well be drinking mud when you're drinking those highly mineralized 'designer' bottled mountain and spring waters.  The only minerals I want inside my body are the organic ones if I can help it.

These days I pretty much only drink distilled water and lots of it.  I make my own, but you can buy it by the gallon.  You want 0 ppm (parts per million).

The type of water you drink is so F-ing important, I can't stress it enough.  If you're only going to care about one thing, care about this.

Most Bottled Water is FILLED With Fluoride, Here’s a Complete List of Brands to Avoid DSC00494

http://aquariusthewaterbearer.com/doctors-and-experts/
    Swanny
    Swanny

Most Bottled Water is FILLED With Fluoride, Here’s a Complete List of Brands to Avoid Empty Re: Most Bottled Water is FILLED With Fluoride, Here’s a Complete List of Brands to Avoid

Post  Swanny Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:11 am

Unless you're abroad and traveling why would you buy bottled water? albino
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:56 am

Pris wrote:.

These days I pretty much only drink distilled water and lots of it.  I make my own, but you can buy it by the gallon.  You want 0 ppm (parts per million).

The type of water you drink is so F-ing important, I can't stress it enough.  If you're only going to care about one thing, care about this.

Couldn't agree more re importance of consuming the healthiest water. I have researched this for years now... And.. I am still not convinced that drinking distilled water for a long period is good for you.

Viktor Shauberger (his book the water wizard is on the web as pdf) reckons prolonged drinking of distilled water leads to death, and he is someone I would listen to.

In a nutshell... distilled water is fantastic at picking up minerals and other substances, including toxins.. so for a clean out of the body and to detoxify there is nothing better..

So what happens when you put distilled water into a healthy body? It still strips it of minerals.. so where are they coming from? see the point? You are now depleting a healthy body.. water is the universal solvent after all...

I have had this debate with several people who advocate only drinking distilled water and they insist they are right.. guess we chose our own poisons eh?
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:23 am

Swanny wrote:Unless you're abroad and traveling why would you buy bottled water? albino

Because municipal tap water is mostly shite.

Well water is probably shite, too.

And, most water filter systems are shite.

Its da Wave
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:53 am

Vidya Moksha wrote:
    Pris wrote:.

Couldn't agree more re importance of consuming the healthiest water. I have researched this for years now... And.. I am still not convinced that drinking distilled water for a long period is good for you.

Viktor Shauberger (his book the water wizard is on the web as pdf) reckons prolonged drinking of distilled water leads to death, and he is someone I would listen to.

In a nutshell... distilled water is fantastic at picking up minerals and other substances, including toxins.. so for a clean out of the body and to detoxify there is nothing better..

So what happens when you put distilled water into a healthy body? It still strips it of minerals.. so where are they coming from? see the point? You are now depleting a healthy body.. water is the universal solvent after all...

I have had this debate with several people who advocate only drinking distilled water and they insist they are right.. guess we chose our own poisons eh?

Reckoning is... nice.  I can reckon about a great many things, too.

I'd like to see the statistics for all the people who have died drinking distilled water(s) for a long period of time.

What is it?... Three months and you're a goner?  I should be dead around 16 times over.  Not only am I not dead yet, I look and feel better than I have in years.

Damn, my poison doesn't seem to be working.

Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:25 am

Andrew Norton Webber:
    Distilled water and urine therapy testimonial

Jan 2013

A Registered Nurse named Cheryl Scott came to a talk I gave at Mount Shasta, California back in August 2012, I received this letter in November...

"I just completed a 40 day Distilled Waters fast to heal myself from significant degeneration of my knees secondary to osteoarthritis. I was able to obtain a 6 week medical leave of absence and on day one of my medical leave I began fasting on 1.5 gallons of distilled water and urine therapy. I am ecstatic with the results. I lost 35 pounds which was very important for my knees. My objective was to remove inorganic mineral deposits throughout my body (like years and years of arterial plaque build-up, however I primarily desired to remove all the mineral deposits in all of my joints which are greatly impacted by osteoarthritis. 7 weeks ago, I had to order a seated walker to use at work in my role as a nurse consultant. Now that I have finished my 40 day Distilled Waters fast, I can walk and stand for hours with minimal pain. I am so grateful to you, Andrew Norton Webber, for guiding us with your information on this important health benefit. I also wanted you to know I had my chem panels and lipid panels drawn at 21 days and 40 days into my Distilled Waters Fast and my magnesium/phosphorus and calcium levels were always perfectly normal. This proved to me that drinking distilled waters does not leach organic minerals from our tissues. And my LDL and triglyceride levels are the best they have EVER been. I return to work in 3 days feeling much better and able to do my work without the need for a walker. This 50 something RN is very grateful for Distilled Waters Therapies! Namaste!"

Most Bottled Water is FILLED With Fluoride, Here’s a Complete List of Brands to Avoid 309838_4796667668555_585261888_n

http://whale.to/a/distilled_water5.html

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4796667668555&set=a.1136837335084.21870.1051879140&type=1&ref=nf
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:36 am

I have exchanged several emails with Andrew Norton Webber. My question above, remains unanswered by him.
    Swanny
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:33 pm

Pris wrote:
    Swanny wrote:Unless you're abroad and traveling why would you buy bottled water? albino

Its da Wave

Berkey black water filters are good https://berkey-waterfilters.co.uk/
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:06 pm

Vidya Moksha wrote:

I have exchanged several emails with Andrew Norton Webber. My question above, remains unanswered by him.

Interesting... maybe he feels he's already explained it well enough enough times elsewhere.  Maybe he thinks your just a heckler at this point.

There's a difference between organic and inorganic minerals apparently...  And, why do living things exposed in nature under the rains not dissolve like dead and inorganic things?  All living things seem to thrive in the rains...  

In a perfect world, what could be better than drinking fresh rain water?  It just makes natural sense.

Meanwhile, I'm still sitting here.  My bones haven't dissolved.  My teeth haven't dissolved and have even lightened up.  My hair is very long, strong, full, and gaining some colour back -- the best it's ever been...  My skin is great, clear, full of moisture and appears much younger...  Nothing seems to be out-of-order.  I'm full of energy, feel great, and I'm happy to be alive.  Am I a freak of nature or what?  Some people think I'm a freak, but that's another topic.

Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:55 pm

Swanny wrote:
    Pris wrote:

Its da Wave

Berkey black water filters are good https://berkey-waterfilters.co.uk/

Here's some of what they claim:

Each set of Black Berkey filters will last for up to 23,000 litres . That's more than 11 years of pure and clean drinking water.

Berkey Filters remove 99,999% of Chlorine, Viruses, Harmful pathogenic Bacteria, Cysts, Heavy Metals,  parasites and hazardous chemical contaminants and impurities while leaving undisturbed the essential minerals your body needs.

Umhuh.  It's quite impressive... except for that last part.  That's quite a claim.  Yes, we all need essential minerals (how do breatharians get theirs?... Suspect).  They'd have to prove to me that the, I assume, inorganic minerals present are in fact essential to my body's needs.

The only filter system that I am currently aware of that is any good that reduces the ppm in water much closer to zero is the reverse-osmosis system.  Still, it's not exactly cheap and filters always need to be replaced on a regular basis.

Water distillers get the purest water possible.  Depending on your water distiller and the quality of your water starting out, you don't have to have carbon filters (to remove the VOCs [Volatile Organic Compounds]).  And, if you do require them, they're quite inexpensive and you can even make them yourself.

My distiller preheats the water in an open chamber (unlike most) so the VOCs can already gas off.  I also have a backup distiller that does require pre and post carbon filtration because of the high levels of VOCs in our municipal tap water.

Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:01 am

Pris wrote:

Interesting... maybe he feels he's already explained it well enough enough times elsewhere.  Maybe he thinks your just a heckler at this point.

In a perfect world, what could be better than drinking fresh rain water?  It just makes natural sense.

wow, thanks Pris. I presumed he was interested in our long and informative exchanges. Just because we dont agree doesnt mean he would think I was heckling him. I have been playing with water and water collection / delivery systems for around 30 years.

I actually re-mineralise rainwater (after filtering it) with granite dust... But I dont trust rain water at the moment, sadly.. Spring water would be my first choice... Then well water, then rainwater...

I have just bought a sawyer mini filter, great claims are made of those too... and its lighter than my katedyn.. which is a nice piece of Swiss engineering, but over 1Kg in weight..

Off topic, i have started taking Boron, from sodium tetraborate, and it appears to have eased my arthritic joints considerably!
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:44 am

Pris wrote:
    Vidya Moksha wrote:

There's a difference between organic and inorganic minerals apparently...  And, why do living things exposed in nature under the rains not dissolve like dead and inorganic things?  All living things seem to thrive in the rains...  

Meanwhile, I'm still sitting here.  My bones haven't dissolved.  My teeth haven't dissolved and have even lightened up.  My hair is very long, strong, full, and gaining some colour back -- the best it's ever been...  My skin is great, clear, full of moisture and appears much younger...  Nothing seems to be out-of-order.  I'm full of energy, feel great, and I'm happy to be alive.  Am I a freak of nature or what?  Some people think I'm a freak, but that's another topic.

I think there is quite a difference between pure nature made rain water and distilled water. I would tend to believe the prior one as being alive while is the other is dead specially after it underwent the boiling stage. Maybe on a molecular level you are getting the same product but energetically they are quite different I sense. Victor Schauberger studied the aliveness of water like no one that I know . I have great respect for his work for all that he learned he studied from nature itself.
    http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t257-the-vision-of-viktor-shauberger?highlight=viktor+schauberger

Because I opened a thread a few years ago on the benefits of urine therapy and distilled water I felt compelled to try it on myself.
    http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t4651-andrew-norton-webber-on-the-benefits-of-distilled-water-and-of-urine-therapy?highlight=urine+therapy

In my entire life I had never been ill, hardly had any childhood disease, twice I got the flu and from time to time a cold but overall my body I would say was quite healthy.
    After just a few months of the above therapy I however developped a rare illness which I am still suffering from to this date. Apparently my immune system got hacked in the process targetting my kidneys.
    I heard of people having great gains from drinking distilled water and others while doing urine therapy. But in all of these case studies these people were sick in the first place which was'nt my case at all.
    I hear you Pris when you say you are feeling in good shape but I am also well aware you mentioned elsewhere of your daily diet which is organic and balanced. I believe this contributes to your health in an important way for the minerals you loose while drinking distilled water are coming back in the body through proper food intake.

Love from me
    mudra
    Swanny
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:59 pm

Vidya Moksha wrote:
    I have just bought a sawyer mini filter, great claims are made of those too..

Can't go wrong with one of them, everyone should have one afro
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:00 pm

Vidya Moksha wrote:
    Pris wrote:

wow, thanks Pris. I presumed he was interested in our long and informative exchanges. Just because we dont agree doesnt mean he would think I was heckling him. I have been playing with water and water collection / delivery systems for around 30 years.

I actually re-mineralise rainwater (after filtering it) with granite dust... But I dont trust rain water at the moment, sadly.. Spring water would be my first choice... Then well water, then rainwater...

I have just bought a sawyer mini filter, great claims are made of those too... and its lighter than my katedyn.. which is a nice piece of Swiss engineering, but over 1Kg in weight..

Off topic, i have started taking Boron, from sodium tetraborate, and it appears to have eased my arthritic joints considerably!

Thanks for that... I think. Very Happy  BTW, there are all kinds of people who've been doing all kinds of stuff for decades and everyone thinks they're 'right'. Wink

I just don't get why you think you have to re-mineralize your water.  I just don't get that.  I've read that the minerals (inorganic ones) generally found in typical, let's say, spring water, don't supply our bodies with an nth of our daily apparent requirements.

You actually add granite dust to your water?... That's nice. tongue

Hey, at least I can agree with you on the Boron thing...  Borax, I assume?  I take some of that on a daily basis myself.  Two people I got started on it both claim great improvement in their joints and one no longer has to take pain killers.

Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:35 pm

mudra wrote:
    Pris wrote:
    Vidya Moksha wrote:

I think there is quite a difference between pure nature made rain water  and distilled water. I would tend to believe the prior one as being alive while is the other is dead specially after it underwent the boiling stage. Maybe on a molecular level you are getting the same product but energetically they are quite different I sense. Victor Schauberger studied the aliveness of water like no one that I know . I have great respect for his work for all that he learned he studied from nature itself.  
    http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t257-the-vision-of-viktor-shauberger?highlight=viktor+schauberger

Because I opened a thread a few years ago on the benefits of urine therapy and distilled water I felt compelled to try it on myself.
    http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t4651-andrew-norton-webber-on-the-benefits-of-distilled-water-and-of-urine-therapy?highlight=urine+therapy

In my entire life I had never been ill, hardly had any childhood disease, twice I got the flu and from time to time a cold but overall my body I would say was quite healthy.
    After just a few months of the above therapy I however developped a rare illness which I am still suffering from to this date. Apparently my immune system got hacked in the process targetting my kidneys.
    I heard of people having great gains from drinking distilled water and others while doing urine therapy. But in all of these case studies these people were sick in the first place which was'nt my case at all.
    I hear you Pris when you say you are feeling in good shape but I am also well aware you mentioned elsewhere of your daily diet which is organic and balanced. I believe this contributes to your health  in an important way for the minerals you loose while drinking distilled water are coming back in the body through proper food intake.

Love from me
    mudra

You make some really good points, mudra.  

I've looked into it, too.  Since we're all 'thinking' here Wink , let me say that from everything I've learned, I think there's very little difference between machine-made distilled water and 'naturally made' distilled water.  The process to get the distilled water is virtually identical.  Even nature boils water.  As for the machine-made distilled water being 'dead' while the other one is 'alive' is a strange idea for me to grasp.  Distilled water is distilled water:  it's pure.  It's an aggressive form of water.

Btw, I thank my water... so if it was 'dead', I give it my love/life. I love you  

The water coming out of our taps is anywhere from 200 to 250 ppm.  It's full of chlorine and who knows what else.  I've seen the scale deposits.  We also have a water softening unit and I'm sure it's a big part of the problem, too.  I'm thrilled I can take that shite out and get it down to 0 ppm.

It's very puzzling that your therapy seemed connected to your body being compromised in some manner...  Without knowing more, I can't say what that may have been.  In my case, there was nothing really 'wrong' with me to begin with, but everything has appeared to improve.  Generally, people report great improvement in their health overall.  Btw, I started out slowly with this 'therapy'.  I didn't just start it full-blown so maybe that gave my body time to adapt.

mudra wrote:I hear you Pris when you say you are feeling in good shape but I am also well aware you mentioned elsewhere of your daily diet which is organic and balanced. I believe this contributes to your health  in an important way for the minerals you loose while drinking distilled water are coming back in the body through proper food intake.

Just so everyone knows, I don't take any medication/drugs or supplements.  None.  Nada.  Everything I get comes from what's in my food and that's it.  I do take some yeast flakes that happen to have some added vitamins in it.  I'm not sure they're beneficial. Wink

You're right, mudra.  Being vegan is a big part of why I feel as I do, yes, I'm certain of it.  But, my diet isn't perfect.  For one, a lot of it isn't organic.  But, I've cut out so many things.  For example:  white bread/flour, sugar, processed foods/junk food, coffee, tea, pop, alcohol, table salt/added salt, artificial sweeteners, Canola oil, palm kernel oil, cottonseed oil (all oils except olive, coconut, and grape seed), margarine, anything hydrogenated, MSG, all chemicals/preservatives, fructose-glucose/high corn syrup...  

And, I read my produce labels and avoid anything that starts with a 3 (irradiated) or an 8.  I don't think I've ever seen 8s -- they aren't that stupid to actually tell you what's genetically modified.  If it doesn't come with a number, your guess is as good as mine.  I look for 4s (typical unhealthy farming techniques) and 9s (9 being organic), but I mostly pass on the 9s because of the cost.

I also read product labels on everything and look for non-GMO as much as possible.

I've cut down on most soy and soy products and keep them organic.

I try to avoid anything that's been 'fortified' or 'messed' with.  

I can't remember the last time I took out the frying pan.

When something is fresh, I avoid cooking it.

I think that more or less covers it. Very Happy

Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:54 pm

mudra wrote:I hear you Pris when you say you are feeling in good shape but I am also well aware you mentioned elsewhere of your daily diet which is organic and balanced. I believe this contributes to your health  in an important way for the minerals you loose while drinking distilled water are coming back in the body through proper food intake.

I almost forgot the most important point I wanted to make (typical how I can get so sidetracked! Very Happy )...  

It's interesting that you're mentioning that you think I'm losing important minerals from all the distilled water I've been drinking and happen to gain them back through proper food intake.  Well, according to almost everyone here (including you), that's practically impossible because the distilled water in my body won't even allow those minerals to reach my cells and will take those minerals -- along with all my other bodily components and flush them out until I'm nothing more than a quivering mass of jelly.

Organic minerals, if I got this right, are negatively charged -- just like distilled water -- so they can't be removed to begin with.  Only positively charged materials (dead/foreign) and inorganic minerals will be drawn out by the pure, distilled waters of the body.

Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:02 pm

Swanny wrote:
    Vidya Moksha wrote:
    I have just bought a sawyer mini filter, great claims are made of those too..

Can't go wrong with one of them, everyone should have one afro

I love that 'big head' of yours, Swanny. Wink

Sure you can go wrong with them.  That's why we're having this little discussion. Very Happy

Swanny
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:36 am

I'm a plumber by trade and been looking at and buying water filters for years,  afro  I've come to the conclusion that the sawyer mini is the best option.
    I currently have a filter fitted to my house incoming water supply, a Berkley black filter in the kitchen, a Millbank bag, a sawyer mini, a couple of Life saver 4000's, a Katadyn Vario and an Aqua gear water filtration bottle
    Blimey didn't realise I had so many Mellow
    Oh well at least I won't be thirsty is the XXXX does ever hit the fan Brook

http://www.mintoutdoors.com/index.php/2015/09/18/sawyer-mini-water-filter/

https://sawyer.com/products/sawyer-mini-filter/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mmf1ezUS5SM

Here's a video of Billy Bob showing you how not to use it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFV-qhMyWkQ

You should always make sure that the bottle you're drinking from is dry otherwise dirty water could run down the outside and into your mouth Adv2
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:01 am

Swanny, do your water filters get the ppm down to zero?  How can that be such a non-issue for you? Very Happy
    Swanny
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:32 pm

I don't think they need to Blink Cup o
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:07 am

Why zero ppm is important...  I found this article that explains it far better than I can with some science to back it up:

Distilled Water Enhances Mineral Absorption
    By William Misner, Ph.D.
    Most Bottled Water is FILLED With Fluoride, Here’s a Complete List of Brands to Avoid Drbill-bio
    From 1996 until his retirement in 2006, Dr. Bill worked full-time as Director of Research & Development at Hammer Nutrition. Among his many accomplishments, both academically and athletically, he is an AAMA Board Certified Alternative Medicine Practitioner and the author of "What Should I Eat? A Food-Endowed Prescription For Well Being".

DOES DISTILLED WATER LEACH MINERALS FROM OUR BODIES?
    Absolutely, not...in fact just the opposite has been found to occur in cellular research studies. It is a mistaken belief that drinking pure distilled water reduces valuable minerals from living human tissues.

ORGANIC MINERALS VS. INORGANIC MINERALS
    There are two types of minerals, organic and inorganic. Human physiology has a biological affinity for organic minerals. Most organic minerals for our body functions come from dietary plant foods. A growing plant converts the inorganic minerals from the soils to a useful organic mineral. When an organic mineral (from a plant food) enters the stomach it must attach itself to a specific protein-molecule (chelation) in order to be absorbed, then it gains access to the tissue sites where it is needed. Once a plant mineral is divested within the body, it is utilized as a coenzyme for composing body fluids, forming blood and bone cells, and the maintaining of healthy nerve transmission. (Balch and Balch 1990) Without a healthy organic mineral balance inside and outside the cells of muscle, blood, and bone substructures, the body will began to spasm, twitch and cramp, eventually deteriorating to a full rigor complex or complete failure or both.

INORGANIC MINERALS FROM TAPWATER ARE BAD NEWS
    Tap water presents a variety of inorganic minerals which our body has difficulty absorbing. Their presence is suspect in a wide array of degenerative diseases, such as hardening of the arteries, arthritis, kidney stones, gall stones, glaucoma, cataracts, hearing loss, emphysema, diabetes, and obesity. What minerals are available, especially in hard tapwater, are poorly absorbed, or rejected by cellular tissue sites, and, if not evacuated, their presence may cause arterial obstruction, and internal damage. (Dennison 1993, Muehling 1994, Banik 1989)

ORGANIC MINERALS ARE PREFERRED...
    Is it any wonder why the body prefers the richest source of mineral substrates from organic foods instead of the mineral-poor sources from tap water? Even if the human tissue suddenly developed the ability to absorb inorganic minerals from tap water, it would take an enormous amount of tapwater to supply the bare minimal mineral quantities for human life functions. If the rich inorganic mineral content of the tap water in Reno, Nevada were modified so that it would convert the daily calcium requirement from its inorganic calcium solutes, one would have to drink 7.4 gallons of their tap water!

HOW DISTILLED WATER ENHANCES MINERAL ABSORPTION RATES
    Distilled pure water will not conduct electricity when only 2 PPM inorganic minerals or less are present. Water with 5 parts inorganic content per million parts water or more will conduct electricity, completing a simple circuit and lighting a tester bulb! The higher the inorganic content is in a per million count, the less effectively water transmits organic minerals to tissue sites. Bottled water, tapwater, reverse-osmosis filtered water, and carbon-block filtered water will conduct electricity, substantiating that each one is not the best carrier for the mineral-transport and mineral-absorption (Muehling 1994). Our tapwater in the USA has been shown to contain 19 inorganic metals of concern (1994 Safe Water Drinking Act), for which maximum contaminant levels have been set. (Tone 1994) Most American tapwater tested falls between the ranges of 350 parts per million to over 1000 parts per million total contaminants! (Colgan 1993)

REPEAT THE QUESTION PLEASE...
    Does drinking distilled water leach the minerals from the body? No, quite the opposite...if inorganic minerals are removed from tapwater, by converting it into pure distilled water, the result is remarkable biological mineral absorption for both health and maximal metabolic activity. The application of this query has a remarkably high correlation to the general properties of maximal absorption rates, for all micronutrients which traverse the gastric chambers directly into the muscle cells for premium performance demand.

REFERENCES

Muehling EC, "Pure Water Now: Its Time For Action," 2cd Ed., Pure Water Inc., Lincoln, Neb., 1994:1-42.
       Dennison C, "Why I Drink Distilled Water", Reprint Form 6300, Pure Water Inc., Lincoln, Neb.,1993.
       Tone J, "Your Drinking Water-How Good Is It?", National Testing Laboratories Inc., Cleveland, Ohio,1994:21.
       Banik AE, "The Choice Is Clear," ACRES USA, Metaire, Louisiana, 1989:37.
       Balch JF, Balch PA, PRESCRIPTION FOR NUTRITIONAL HEALING, Avery Publishing Co., Garden City, NY, 1990:17.
       Colgan M, OPTIMUM SPORTS NUTRITION, Advanced Research Press, New York, NY, 1993:23-24.

http://www.hammernutrition.com/knowledge/distilled-water-enhances-mineral-absorption.785.html
    Swanny
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:25 pm

What distiller do you recommend? afro
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:45 pm

Swanny wrote:What distiller do you recommend? afro

I don't think I ought to recommend one because they all have inherent... challenges, but I can suggest what to look for.

First off, I would never bother to buy one brand new unless the sellers have a proven track record of great customer service.  And, if you've got money to burn, go for it.

[My first distiller was a cheap countertop model I bought brand new made with plastic parts that could only do one gallon at a time (labour intensive when you have to supply water for more than a couple of people).  The water needed pre and post carbon filtration.  The two thermal switches blew on it in a relatively short period of time.  It was a waste of money.]

When looking for a distiller, look for all-metal stainless steel and brands that are popular.  Do a bit of research.  Check reviews. Some of the older used ones are very good and sought after.  Check online if you can still find parts easily.

Look for distillers that catch the distilled water in a stainless steel drum or a glass container.  Avoid plastic if you can -- especially because of the heat.

After the distilled water has cooled off (I don't have that problem with my distiller -- it has already cooled down), I store the water in previous one gallon distilled water jugs.  They're plastic, not ideal, but it's not a concern.  Whatever contamination may come from the plastic is negligible.

At the moment, I have two stainless steel distillers.

My little one is my back up.  It's a square, all-metal popular countertop model.  I bought it used recently and think this particular one goes back to 1989...  but there are newer ones on the market made by the same company.  It also needs pre and post carbon filtration and can only do one gallon at a time.  If anything goes wrong with it, parts are still easy to get.

My big distiller has an unusual design that uses an 'exposed' pre-boil chamber to heat up the water.  It makes distilled water without having to seal off the inner small boiling chamber.  It doesn't use coils to cool off the captured steam.  Instead, it has continuous water intake that is used to cool down the surface of an inner chamber that precipitates the steam against the wall of the boiling chamber... it's rare.  It doesn't require any carbon filtration because the VOCs are gassed off before the water is distilled.

If access to water is no issue, this distiller can make about one gallon of distilled water every three hours or so BUT it also requires about six gallons of cold tap water to make it which is wasteful (unless you can rig a way to collect it for use elsewhere...).  The wastewater run-off is also very hot.  Unless you can cool it down before draining it, it may be problematic to pipes.  The distiller can run continuously and has a stainless steel collection drum that can hold over four gallons of distilled water at a time.  When the water reaches the top of the drum, there's a sensor inside that automatically shuts off the distiller to prevent overflow.

My distiller originally comes from a company with terrible customer service.  Brand new, it's a $3000 (Canadian) model, but I got mine for less than $200 used.  It was a super deal, but it required heavy cleaning to remove all the scale buildup because the previous owner had no clue about distiller maintenance.  I've had to learn how to fix things on my own (not easy getting parts), but even that can only go so far.  

Maintenance and 'ppm':
    Depending on how hard your water is, you need to descale your distiller on a regular basis and/or change filters.  It's a good idea to have a TDS meter reader on hand so you can keep track of your distilled water quality.  The aim is for zero ppm. You want the ppm as close to zero as possible.  The problem with a post carbon filter -- if you have to use it (you'll know by the taste of the water [VOCs make the water taste terrible -- like plastic]) -- is it may add residue to the newly made distilled water so you'll end up with a higher ppm reading (like 5, 7 etc.).  Anything up to, let's say, 4 or 5 is passable.

[The only water filter system I know of that gets the ppm close to zero is the reverse-osmosis system.  If I remember, somebody had a reading as low as 4 ppm.]

Summary:
    Most water distillers seem to require some kind of filter system which is 'normal' (you can even make them yourself depending on the distiller which can save you money eg. use activated aquarium charcoal).  Auto-water intake is a nice feature to look for and you want an all-metal stainless steel unit with a glass or stainless steel distilled water receptacle.  If you're interested with what I've mentioned here, feel free to scour the market/internet and pester distiller makers for more information.  You can't know 'too much'.

afro Very Happy
    Swanny
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:56 am

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:46 pm