tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

5 posters

Microsoft Windows 10 upgrade condemned as 'deceitful' and 'nasty'

Pris
    Pris

Microsoft Windows 10 upgrade condemned as 'deceitful' and 'nasty' Empty Microsoft Windows 10 upgrade condemned as 'deceitful' and 'nasty'

Post  Pris Thu May 26, 2016 4:54 am

Last edited by Pris on Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Pris
    Pris

Microsoft Windows 10 upgrade condemned as 'deceitful' and 'nasty' Empty Re: Microsoft Windows 10 upgrade condemned as 'deceitful' and 'nasty'

Post  Pris Thu May 26, 2016 5:05 am

Last edited by Pris on Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Microsoft Windows 10 upgrade condemned as 'deceitful' and 'nasty' Empty Re: Microsoft Windows 10 upgrade condemned as 'deceitful' and 'nasty'

Post  orthodoxymoron Thu May 26, 2016 4:51 pm

A few days ago, Windows 10 started installing, even though I didn't want it. I might've clicked the wrong "x". Luckily the installation failed. I suspect that humanity will be computer-managed, misused, and abused for all-eternity in a High-Tech Hell. A few years ago, a Significant Individual of Interest told me "Humanity is Screwed!!" All indications are that this is a correct prognosis. I honestly think we're in the eye of a very-nasty storm. I honestly don't think being "Smarter Than the Average Bear" is going to help. I don't think I have much time left -- and I'm very-fearful regarding what I'll encounter beyond This Present Darkness. This same Individual of Interest said that where I was going it would be Dark -- and that in 20 years I'd be working for them. Somehow, I got the feeling that wouldn't be a good-thing. Later, they said they were sorry we couldn't work together, and that too-much water had gone under the bridge (three-days prior to Fukushima). I'm just a Completely Ignorant Fool in a Brave New World. Bad Combination.
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Fri May 27, 2016 9:48 pm

Last edited by Pris on Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sat May 28, 2016 11:39 am

Microsoft accused of Windows 10 upgrade 'nasty trick'
    Clicking the cross in the top-right hand corner of the pop-up box now agrees to a scheduled upgrade rather than rejecting it.

This has caused confusion as clicking the cross typically closes a pop-up notification.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36367221

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Jenetta
    Jenetta

Post  Jenetta Sat May 28, 2016 1:37 pm

I have found that the only way to avoid Microsoft's tricks is to change your settings so that all available updates are downloaded however the user has the choice to install them or not. One piece of advice is not to install (KB3035583) otherwise you will constantly get that pop-up box on your desktop. I found this out after mistakenly reserving a copy and after that pestering was a daily occurrence. Another piece of advice is to carefully check all your downloaded updates before installing them as invariably Windows 10 upgrade will be one of them (Optional however recommended) and if the box for installing is not unchecked it will automatically install with the rest of the updates you have checked off for installing.

I guess what Windows 7 and Windows 8 users can expect after July 29th is that updates for Windows 7&8 will be phased out then everyone will have to become very computer savvy to avoid Windows 10 spying if they purchase the programme or buy a new laptop.

Post  Pris Sun May 29, 2016 4:53 pm

Last edited by Pris on Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Swanny
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:24 pm

Jenetta wrote:I have found that the only way to avoid Microsoft's tricks is to change your settings so that all available updates are downloaded however the user has the choice to install them or not.  One piece of advice is not to install (KB3035583) otherwise you will constantly get that pop-up box on your desktop.  I found this out after mistakenly reserving a copy and after that pestering was a daily occurrence.  Another piece of advice is to carefully check all your downloaded updates before installing them as invariably Windows 10 upgrade will be one of them (Optional however recommended) and if the box for installing is not unchecked it will automatically install with the rest of the updates you have checked off for installing.

I guess what Windows 7 and Windows 8 users can expect after July 29th is that updates for Windows 7&8 will be phased out then everyone will have to become very computer savvy to avoid Windows 10 spying if they purchase the programme or buy a new laptop.

You can always dump windows or apple and install Linux http://www.ubuntu.com/
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:04 pm

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:17 am