tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

Billionaires Wanted for Private Mars Colony: - too funny not to post

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Billionaires Wanted for Private Mars Colony: - too funny not to post Empty Billionaires Wanted for Private Mars Colony: - too funny not to post

Post  Carol Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:59 am

Billionaires Wanted for Private Mars Colony: - too funny not to post Mars-gallery-habitat-colony
    Billionaires Wanted for Private Mars Colony:
    http://www.space.com/30357-mars-one-colony-billionaires-wanted.html
    Could the first Mars colony be called Buffettville, or Zuckerburgh?

The Netherlands-based nonprofit Mars One aims to establish a permanent settlement on the Red Planet, beginning with the touchdown of the first four pioneers in 2027. The biggest challenges facing the project are financial rather than technical, so a big donation from a deep-pocketed person concerned about his or her legacy could make a huge difference, Mars One representatives said.

Mars One "is so ambitious and — I think 'crazy' is the right word — that we might actually get a phone call from a billionaire who says, 'I want to make this happen. I want the first city on Mars to be called Gatesville or Slim City," said Mars One co-founder and CEO Bas Lansdorp, presumably referring to Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates and Mexican tycoon Carlos Slim Helu. [Images of Mars One's Red Planet Colony Project]

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 2:01 am