tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

5 posters

Sun storm to hit with 'force of 100m bombs'?

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Sun storm to hit with 'force of 100m bombs'? Empty Sun storm to hit with 'force of 100m bombs'?

Post  Carol Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:49 am

Sun storm to hit with 'force of 100m bombs'

AFTER 10 years of comparative slumber, the sun is waking up - and it's got astronomers on full alert.

This week several US media outlets reported that NASA was warning the massive flare that caused spectacular light shows on Earth earlier this month was just a precursor to a massive solar storm building that had the potential to wipe out the entire planet's power grid. (Could this be related to the predictions for 11/11/10?)

NASA has since rebutted those reports, saying it could come "100 years away or just 100 days", but an Australian astronomer says the space community is betting on the sooner scenario rather than the latter.

Despite its rebuttal, NASA's been watching out for this storm since 2006 and reports from the US this week claim the storms could hit on that most Hollywood of disaster dates - 2012.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/sun-storm-to-hit-with-force-of-100-bombs/story-e6frfro0-1225909999465#ixzz0xiLBAsC5

www.redday2012.com

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Anchor
    Anchor

Sun storm to hit with 'force of 100m bombs'? Empty Re: Sun storm to hit with 'force of 100m bombs'?

Post  Anchor Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:28 pm

Just in case this isnt more fear-mongering.. if it does happen, then the internet will most likely fail and take many months to be repaired.

Should that happen, I just wanted you all to know that its been great!

Dont worry about anything anymore!

Even if it isnt this thing, some wild stuff is going to happen in the next couple of years!

My intuition is that we "aint seen nuthin yet"
    Jenetta
    Jenetta

Sun storm to hit with 'force of 100m bombs'? Empty Sun Storm to Hit...

Post  Jenetta Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:32 am

Anchor wrote:Just in case this isnt more fear-mongering.. if it does happen, then the internet will most likely fail and take many months to be repaired.

Dont worry about anything anymore!

Even if it isnt this thing, some wild stuff is going to happen in the next couple of years!

My intuition is that we "aint seen nuthin yet"
    Yes just in case this scenario is coming along I too 'ditto' what Anchor is saying before the internet goes down  Sun storm to hit with 'force of 100m bombs'? 216239 get those faraday cages built!
    Admin
    Admin

Sun storm to hit with 'force of 100m bombs'? Empty Re: Sun storm to hit with 'force of 100m bombs'?

Post  Carol Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:55 am

A microwave oven is a faraday cage. Just make sure it is grounded and keep an extra laptop there along with the electonics. Also be sure to have a land line dial-up telephone as these will work as compared to the electronic ones. We also have a 1970 GMC truck at the ranch that will run which is a verra verra good thing. Just need to have gas. What cracked me up this morning was where I was reading someone was developing a car that would run of urine. It would be easy for the guys to fill up the tank... but the gals?

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    gscraig
    gscraig

Post  gscraig Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:14 pm

Yes, I keep delaying my faraday cages. I need to hop to that!!
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:09 pm

Anchor wrote:

It aint over yet John !
    Not sure it will even ever be over .
    As Spregovori's did nicely put it in another context though
    " It's just a change of state " .

Love from me
    mudra

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 8:18 am