tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+2
orthodoxymoron
mudra
6 posters

Why does the CDC own a patent on Ebola 'invention?

mudra
    mudra

Why does the CDC own a patent on Ebola 'invention?  Empty Why does the CDC own a patent on Ebola 'invention?

Post  mudra Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:40 am

Why does the CDC own a patent on Ebola 'invention?

(NaturalNews) The U.S. Centers for Disease Control owns a patent on a particular strain of Ebola known as "EboBun." It's patent No. CA2741523A1 and it was awarded in 2010. You can view it here. (Thanks to Natural News readers who found this and brought it to our attention.)

Patent applicants are clearly described on the patent as including:

The Government Of The United States Of America As Represented By The Secretary, Department Of Health & Human Services, Center For Disease Control.

The patent summary says, "The invention provides the isolated human Ebola (hEbola) viruses denoted as Bundibugyo (EboBun) deposited with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ("CDC"; Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America) on November 26, 2007 and accorded an accession number 200706291."

It goes on to state, "The present invention is based upon the isolation and identification of a new human Ebola virus species, EboBun. EboBun was isolated from the patients suffering from hemorrhagic fever in a recent outbreak in Uganda."

It's worth noting, by the way, that EboBun is not the same variant currently believed to be circulating in West Africa. Clearly, the CDC needs to expand its patent portfolio to include more strains, and that may very well be why American Ebola victims have been brought to the United States in the first place. Read more below and decide for yourself...

Harvesting Ebola from victims to file patents
    From the patent description on the EboBun virus, we know that the U.S. government:

1) Extracts Ebola viruses from patients.

2) Claims to have "invented" that virus.

3) Files for monopoly patent protection on the virus.

To understand why this is happening, you have to first understand what a patent really is and why it exists. A patent is a government-enforced monopoly that is exclusively granted to persons or organizations. It allows that person or organization to exclusively profit from the "invention" or deny others the ability to exploit the invention for their own profit.

It brings up the obvious question here: Why would the U.S. government claim to have "invented" Ebola and then claim an exclusively monopoly over its ownership?

U.S. Government claims exclusive ownership over its "invention" of Ebola
    The "SUMMARY OF THE INVENTION" section of the patent document also clearly claims that the U.S. government is claiming "ownership" over all Ebola viruses that share as little as 70% similarity with the Ebola it "invented":

...invention relates to the isolated EboBun virus that morphologically and phylogenetically relates to known members filoviridae... In another aspect, the invention provides an isolated hEbola EboBun virus comprising a nucleic acid molecule comprising a nucleotide sequence selected from the group consisting of: a) a nucleotide sequence set forth in SEQ ID NO: 1; b) a nucleotide sequence that hybridizes to the sequence set forth in SEQ ID NO: 1 under stringent conditions; and c) a nucleotide sequence that has at least 70%, 75%, 80%, 85%, 90%, 95%, 96%, 97%, 98%, or 99% identity to the SEQ ID NO:

1. In another aspect, the invention provides the complete genomic sequence of the hEbola virus EboBun.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/046290_ebola_patent_vaccines_profit_motive.html#ixzz39PmKtqqw

Love Always
    mudra
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Why does the CDC own a patent on Ebola 'invention?  Empty Re: Why does the CDC own a patent on Ebola 'invention?

Post  orthodoxymoron Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:46 am

I continue to worry about secret laboratories throughout the solar system. I continue to worry about respected laboratories throughout the world. I continue to worry about the "Seven Last Plagues" in the Book of Revelation. Current Solar System Governance combined with Current Solar System Technology scares the hell out of me. The possibility of a Hostile Universe scares the hell out of me. I think we might all be screwed (by accident or design).
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Why does the CDC own a patent on Ebola 'invention?  Empty Re: Why does the CDC own a patent on Ebola 'invention?

Post  Vidya Moksha Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:39 am

Oxy. Worry=Fear is only mental construct / projection. You construct a future scenario which is pretty awful then worry about it.  Same as worrying about a past event.. not real anymore.. only in the head. Worry-fear is seriously bad for the body and when said scenario does manifest you wont be in any shape to deal with it.
    When the tiger bursts through the door and is gonna eat you you wont be scared, not at all. You will be dealing with it. Look at antelope, if it survives (ok not tiger then, but other big cat) then it shakes uncontrollably for a few minutes until all the adrenaline etc is flushed from its system then it goes back to chewing the grass as if nothing happened. On a state of full alert it wouldnt run away and survive, and it wouldnt be enjoying its munch so much. QED : relax my friend, enjoy the ride. Deal with the sh1t when it hits the fan.

Having said that. Looks like WW3 is a real possibility eh? crazy world.

mudra, my dear (hello  Flowers ) I dont have links (and from memory of a wee search) but I gather Dr Strangelove over in the pentagon had his head turned by 90% death rate and obvious bio-weapon use for Ebola, hence patent. Seems the one they created is 30% different, so they can patent, but apparently it it only (ahem) has a 30% mortality rate. Ebobun (surely too close to peace winner o-bomba, look at all these names hes gathering.. Ebobama anyone?)....

Jim Stones page is well worth a look. He reckons bleeding with Ebola is complete vit  C loss, a chronic/ extreme scurvy if you like.. and high doses of vit C is the best chance for cure, maybe even IV.

Vit C is interesting. Ascorbic acid is for the most part a chemical product from GM corn (multi vits anyone?  Rolling Eyes ). Would this still work in an emergency IV situation I wonder. Apparently l-ascorbic acid, though still man made (therefore not natural but synthetic) mimics vit-c (says the men in white coats who are a suspicious bunch with their test - tubes and evil cackles).

You can buy non GMO l-ascorbic acid on amazon. i see you can buy caffeine powder too... with no checks, something that could kill you or anyone with ease.. what a mad world for sure, when you cant buy iodine anymore as its a bomb component.

ramble over....

http://www.jimstonefreelance.com/

Ebola is probably the best known of a class of viruses known as hemorrhagic fever viruses. In fact, Ebola virus was initially recognized in 1976. Other less known but related viral syndromes include yellow fever, dengue hemorrhagic fever, Rift Valley fever, Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever, Kyasanur Forest disease, Omsk hemorrhagic fever, hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome, Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome, Venezuelan hemorrhagic fever, Brazilian hemorrhagic fever, Argentine hemorrhagic fever, Bolivian hemorrhagic fever, and Lassa fever. The Ebola virus infection, also known as African hemorrhagic fever, has the distinction of having the highest case-fatality rate of the viral infections noted above, ranging from 53% to 88%.
    These viral hemorrhagic fever syndromes share certain clinical features. The Cecil Textbook of Medicine notes that these diseases are characterized by capillary fragility, which translates to easy bleeding, that can frequently lead to severe shock and death. These diseases also tend to consume and/or destroy the platelets, which play an integral role in blood clotting. The clinical presentation of these viral diseases is similar to scurvy, which is also characterized by capillary fragility and a tendency to bleed easily. Characteristic skin lesions develop, which are actually multiple tiny areas of bleeding into the skin that surround the hair follicles. some cases even include bleeding into already healed scars.

In the classic form of scurvy that evolves very slowly from the gradual depletion of vitamin C body stores, the immune system will be sufficiently compromised for infection to claim the patient’s life before the extensive hemorrhage that occurs after all vitamin C stores have been completely exhausted. Ebola virus and the other viral hemorrhagic fevers are much more likely to cause hemorrhaging before any other fatal infection has a chance to become established. This is because the virus so rapidly and totally metabolizes and consumes all available vitamin C in the bodies of the victims that an advanced stage of scurvy is literally produced after only a few days of the disease.

The scurvy is so complete that the blood vessels generally cannot keep from hemorrhaging long enough to allow an infective complication to develop. Also, the viral hemorrhagic fevers typically only take hold and reach epidemic proportions in those populations that would already be expected to have low body stores of vitamin C, such as is found in many of the severely malnourished Africans. In such individuals, an infecting hemorrhagic virus will often wipe out any remaining vitamin C stores before the immune systems can get the upper hand and initiate recovery. When the vitamin C stores are rapidly depleted by large infecting doses of an aggressive virus, the immune system gets similarly depleted and compromised. However, this point is largely academic after hemorrhaging throughout the body has begun.

To date, no viral infection has been demonstrated to be resistant to the proper dosing of vitamin C as classically demonstrated by Klenner. However, not all viruses have been treated with Klenner-sized vitamin C doses, or at least the results have not been published. Ebola viral infection and the other acute viral hemorrhagic fevers appear to be diseases that fall into this category. Because of the seemingly exceptional ability of these viruses to rapidly deplete vitamin C stores, even larger doses of vitamin C would likely be required in order to effectively reverse and eventually cure infections caused by these viruses.

Cathcart (1981), who introduced the concept of bowel tolerance to vitamin C discussed earlier, hypothesized that Ebola and the other acute viral hemorrhagic fevers may well require 500,000 mg of vitamin C daily to reach bowel tolerance! Whether this estimate is accurate, it seems clear as evidenced by the scurvy-like clinical manifestations of these infections that vitamin C dosing must be vigorous and given in extremely high doses. If the disease seems to be winning, then even more vitamin C should be given until symptoms begin to lessen. Obviously, these are viral diseases that would absolutely require high doses of vitamin C intravenously as the initial therapy. The oral administration should begin simultaneously, but the intravenous route should not be abandoned until the clinical response is complete. Death occurs too quickly with the hemorrhagic fevers to be conservative when dosing the vitamin C. (from Vitamin C, Infectious Diseases, and Toxins:Curing the Incurable by Thomas E. Levy MD JD)
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:05 am

Vidya thank you for coming with a well researched solution.
    I have no doubt that a well balanced organism fed with plenty of raw and organic food would'nt be easily subject to illness of any sort. This is unfortunately not the case with the majority of people on this planet.
    Hopefully more and more people are becoming aware there is something wrong with the diet they are offered on mainstream market .
    And you are right worrying is'nt an attitude that is much productive in any areas of life.
    Sometimes even when faced with the extreme people find inner resources that they did'nt even imagine they could tackle into for they are forced out of their limiting mental construct and come into full presence with a  fresh new vision.
    Every dramatic situation we see these days must be taken as pointers of how much out of balance the human race has gotten into and this gives us an opportunity to strive for a better way , more in agreement  with inner and outer nature aligned.

Much Love for You
    mudra
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:25 pm

orthodoxymoron wrote:I continue to worry about secret laboratories throughout the solar system. I continue to worry about respected laboratories throughout the world. I continue to worry about the "Seven Last Plagues" in the Book of Revelation. Current Solar System Governance combined with Current Solar System Technology scares the hell out of me. The possibility of a Hostile Universe scares the hell out of me. I think we might all be screwed (by accident or design).
    Vidya Moksha wrote:Oxy. Worry=Fear is only mental construct / projection. You construct a future scenario which is pretty awful then worry about it.  Same as worrying about a past event.. not real anymore.. only in the head. Worry-fear is seriously bad for the body and when said scenario does manifest you wont be in any shape to deal with it. When the tiger bursts through the door and is gonna eat you you wont be scared, not at all. You will be dealing with it. Look at antelope, if it survives (ok not tiger then, but other big cat) then it shakes uncontrollably for a few minutes until all the adrenaline etc is flushed from its system then it goes back to chewing the grass as if nothing happened. On a state of full alert it wouldnt run away and survive, and it wouldnt be enjoying its munch so much. QED : relax my friend, enjoy the ride. Deal with the sh1t when it hits the fan. Having said that. Looks like WW3 is a real possibility eh? crazy world.
    Perhaps I should've said "Frankly My Dear, I Don't Give a Damn!" And frankly, I'm very close to saying just that. I'm tired of the bullshit. Perhaps this world really deserves to be terminated. Nuff Said.

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:55 pm

orthodoxymoron wrote:
    Perhaps I should've said "Frankly My Dear, I Don't Give a Damn!" And frankly, I'm very close to saying just that. I'm tired of the bullshit. Perhaps this world really deserves to be terminated. Nuff Said.

Maybe that's wiser than it seems Oxy.
    The " real I " "real eyes"  "the  " real lies "and the world no longer seen with " polar eyes "   goes back where it belongs.

Why does the CDC own a patent on Ebola 'invention?  10361040_10152505393688260_2418693404268568687_n

Perception .. who is the perceiver ?

Perception - The reality beyond matter
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqnEGu8VF8Y

Much Love for You
    mudra
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:54 pm

Mudra, I've tried to view the human predicament from several different perspectives -- including unenlightened-human, enlightened-human, benevolent-alien, and malevolent-alien. This can really mess with one's mind. I've viewed "Freedom" from the perspective of the "Managers" and the "Managed". I've imagined how an "Idealistic-Vatican" might rule the solar system. I've imagined how a "Torah-Enforcing Jerusalem" might rule the solar system. I've imagined how a "Ceremonially-Anglican and Constitutionally-American Solar-System" might work (or not work). The possibilities are endless -- and someone always seems to get left-out or made-mad -- so no matter how one puts it together, there are bound to be wars and rumors of wars. The trouble is that with the level of weaponry which I suspect exists within this solar system -- it might only take one really nasty war to terminate most life -- and render the remaining life unbearable. I don't laugh at the Torah and the Book of Revelation -- even though I am presently greatly disturbed by the ethics contained therein (from my presently limited perspective). I presently favor Incarceration, Work, and Education -- rather than the Torture and Termination of Body and Soul. I have speculated about Pre-Human Physicality possibilities which Humanity might be forced to reincarnate back into -- and this frankly terrifies me. I am in the process of losing my faith in an Idealistic-Universe -- and I have been imagining Star-Wars throughout the universe -- between all manner of civilizations, physicality (and lack thereof). Humanity seems to have been manipulated into conflict and warfare throughout history -- and this greatly disturbs me. The Human-Experiment seems tainted and compromised. I'm flying-blind in this most-dangerous guessing-game -- and I'm sick and tired of it -- although there are many aspects of this exercise in futility which are quite interesting and invigorating. The Science-Fiction possibilities are endless!!
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:45 am

Experimental drug likely saved Ebola patients
    By Dr. Sanjay Gupta and Danielle Dellorto, CNN
    updated 10:17 PM EDT, Mon August 4, 2014
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/04/health/experimental-ebola-serum/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:18 am

why am I expecting compulsory vaccines for all folk... with a little added 'je ne sais quoi'.. coming to all cattle stations near you soon?
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:23 am

"Don't Vaccinate Me Bro!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!"
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:27 pm

Vidya Moksha wrote:why am I expecting compulsory vaccines for all folk... with a little added 'je ne sais quoi'.. coming to all cattle stations near you soon?

There was a very revealing comment from a pharmacist over the weekend, who obviously hasn’t yet got the memo. In an interview with Bloomberg News, Dr, Ben Neuman admitted that there isn’t enough “panic” surrounding the Ebola virus for the pharmaceutical industry to justify developing a cure.   “It’s not just one drug that we need for Ebola, we need a cocktail of drugs and perhaps a nice vaccine that could be used, these all take a lot of money and right now in the history of what we know at least there have been [so few infected.]   “It sounds scary but I don’t know if there’s enough panic or enough people who are potential customers for these drugs to warrant a company, a private company, putting the money in it would take to develop these.”   Actually, the Monsanto-owned Tekmira Pharmaceuticals did develop an Ebola vaccine, which was tested on humans with positive results. However, it was put on hold by the (Monsanto dominated) FDA, and this led to doctors to create a petition insisting that the ban should be lifted.  Apparently, shares in Tekmira rose sharply on Friday on news that the Ebola outbreak in West Africa has intensified, as investors expect the vaccine to be reconsidered and released." wrote:

Full article:Ebola turning out to be joint bio and psych warfare assault from George Soros and Bill & Melinda Gates

Arrow http://redicecreations.com/article.php?id=31222

Love Always
    mudra
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:21 pm

this was all posted a while back and I remembered it.

http://www.jimstonefreelance.com/phages.html

NO MATTER WHAT the story, DO NOT get vaccinated, a new bioweapon is being distributed via vaccines
    There have been many reports about nanobots being developed that will destroy people. This report actually identifies that nanobot and what it is based upon. Once this nanobot is received via a tainted vaccine, it inserts DNA into your cells which instructs your own cells to produce more copies of itself and THAT is how it replicates. And it NEVER backs off, it simply orders your own cells to keep producing it until your cells die from being over worked doing exactly that.

lots more at the link...
    Why does the CDC own a patent on Ebola 'invention?  Phage
    To provide a background on this, I have a really close friend who is a doctorate of pharmacology and an expert in the related microbiology fields. While having lengthy discussions about the future of weaponized medicine, this friend went on and on about how bacteriophages were being re engineered to attack our brain cells rather than their normal host - bacteria, implant DNA directly into our cells to change us immediately and forever change future generations by delivering a DNA payload to the egg cells in the ovaries and also to the male reproductive system. This would have a permanent impact on the future of mankind. Once this type of phage was received via a vaccination, those vaccinated would have the vaccine induced traits passed along via DNA insertion by the phage to all future generations.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:59 pm

Yes that's that little added " je ne sais quoi " you mentioned earlier Wink

That picture you posted reminded me immediately of a very vivid dream I made a few years ago where I would see
    these dome like structures with thin legs landed on Earth. They looked like huge Black space ships to me and people were cueing there to enter them.There were guards making sure one got in.  
    But I knew this was'nt a place to go and through my will avoided entering there by all means.

Nothing to do with the T4 nanobot. Just telling what it reminded me of .

Vaccines are already bad enough but once they are nanobotted where will that lead us ?
    We must remember we can't be forced anything without consent.  

The link you gave to that article Vidhya is written is a rather dramatic way I would say.
    Personnally I don't feel like taking it for granted without further study.

Love from me
    mudra
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:11 am

mudra wrote:

The link you gave to that article Vidhya is written is a rather dramatic way I would say.
    Personnally I don't feel like taking it for granted without further study.

Love from me
    mudra

Yes Jim Stone is quite emotive, but from knowing a little of what he does you can quite understand it. We all react differently to the overwhelming and increasing madness in the world.... oxy does his best impression of marvin from hitch hikers guide to the galaxy, Jim tends to scream 'wakeup!'.

I like his info, its different and well thought out and nobody digs as deep as he does.... He cant always be right but I think hes genuine, unlike a lot of the so called alternative news sources. Recommended daily reading. (actually I recommend throwing the computer away and walking barefoot around the garden for a few hours, but thats a different thread)
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:29 am

Vidya Moksha wrote:

Yes Jim Stone is quite emotive, but from knowing a little of what he does you can quite understand it. We all react differently to the overwhelming and increasing madness in the world.... oxy does his best impression of marvin from hitch hikers guide to the galaxy, Jim tends to scream 'wakeup!'.

I like his info, its different and well thought out and nobody digs as deep as he does.... He cant always be right but I think hes genuine, unlike a lot of the so called alternative news sources.  Recommended daily reading. (actually I recommend throwing the computer away and walking barefoot around the garden for a few hours, but thats a different thread)

It does'nt matter how one reacts as long as one comes with pertinent data Vidya.

Yes I agree on grounding :) Our shoes have extracted us from a contact with earth that is most valuable indeed.
    http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t2314-earthing-experiment?highlight=grounding+earthing

In the meantime I did some research on the T4 bacteriophage and how it could relate to nano technology.

New Understanding of Complex Virus Nano-Machine for Cell Puncturing and DNA Delivery

Researchers have learned how the bacterial virus, bacteriophage T4, attacks its host, the E. coli bacterium. This discovery could eventually lead to a new class of antibiotics.

Funded primarily by the National Science Foundation and published in the January 31, 2002 issue of the journal Nature, the research describes for the first time how the virus uses a needle-like, biochemical puncturing device to invade its host. "We show, in its entirety, a complex machine that allows a virus to efficiently infect its unfortunate host cell, the E. coli. The baseplate portion of the virus tail is essential in this process," says lead researcher Michael Rossmann of Purdue University. Rossmann conducted the research with colleagues Shuji Kanamaru, Petr Leiman, and Paul Chipman of Purdue University, Victor Kostyuchenko and Vadim Mesyanzhinov of the Shemyakin-Ovchinnikov Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry (Russia), and Fumio Arisaka of the Tokyo Institute of Technology (Japan).

Because of increasing resistance of infectious bacteria to pharmaceutical antibiotics like penicillin, new antibiotic tools are needed. Bacteriophages may play a future role in controlling disease-causing bacteria. "Knowing the exact mechanism of T4 bacteriophage infectivity is a significant breakthrough. This information could eventually help in creating "designer viruses" that could be the next class of antibiotics," said Kamal Shukla, the NSF project officer for this research.

Although only about a hundred nanometers in length and width, bacteriophage T4 is considered the "Tyrannosaurus rex" of bacteriophages as it is one of the largest of the bacterial viruses. It is also a "tailed virus" because it has a tail with fibers that are used to grip its host. The tailed viruses are very common; up to one billion phages can exist in a milliliter of freshwater.

The T4 virus consists of a head, tail, baseplate, and tail fibers - six that are long, and six that are short. The long fibers first find the E. coli and make a loose attachment; then the short fibers fasten to get a tighter grip.

The baseplate is the "nerve center" of the virus. When the long and short fibers attach to E. coli, the baseplate transmits this message to the tail, which contracts like a muscle. The baseplate both controls the needlepoint of the tail and the cutting enzyme that make a tiny, nanometer-sized hole through the cell wall of the E. coli. The viral DNA is then squeezed through the tail into the host. The E. coli, thus infected, starts to make only new phage particles and ultimately dies. "Our research described for the first time the structure of phage baseplate proteins and their role in cutting through the host cell wall," said Rossmann.

For more information, see: http://www.nsf.gov/od/lpa/news/02/pr0207.htm

Engineered bacteriophage T4 tail fiber proteins for nanotechnology
    author : Harrah Tim

summary:

The field of nanotechnology aims to create useful structures and devices from components ∼1 to 100nm. However, control over the synthesis and arrangement of matter at this length scale remains quite challenging. Biological self-assembly is one promising avenue in which to overcome such issues, and living systems offer a wealth of design paradigms for the efficient and environmentally sustainable manufacture of nanoscale materials. The long-term goal of this work is the development of a system of engineered rod-like proteins 5nm in diameter and 50-150nm in length that can be rationally assembled into ordered materials with nanometer resolution. These rods are derived from the long tail fiber proteins of bacteriophage T4. Purified tail fiber components are a source of robust, effectively monodisperse, rod-shaped particles that are readily modified using standard techniques of recombinant biotechnology.

In the present work, we report a novel 10 liter scale purification scheme resulting in highly purified, stable, concentrated solutions of engineered protein rods. This process is scalable and well suited for production use. In addition, we describe the ability to control the length of the tail fiber after its production using bacteriophage infection via site-specific protease cleavage. Also described is the in vivo biotinylation of the fiber rods at discrete locations, providing a versatile attachment strategy with highly accurate nanoscale spatial control.

Finally, as an initial translational outlet of the platform, we also report on work to develop a magnetically labeled rod-shaped Brownian molecular sensor. Measurement of the AC magnetic susceptibility of magnetic nanocrystals is known to yield information about the hydrodynamic behavior of the magnet and has been shown to be an effective method to detect protein binding. Our approach uses sensors constructed of a 14nm diameter magnetic CoFe 2 O 4 nanocrystal attached to tail fiber derived protein rods. The rod-like shape of our sensor offers several theoretical advantages over spherical geometry. We describe the functionalization and magnetic characterization of highly monodisperse CoFe2 O4 nanocrystals and their attachment to biotinylated tail fiber proteins using streptavidin.

Passages of the book available here : http://books.google.be/books?id=EueWUpyp1OwC&pg=PA2&lpg=PA2&dq=T4+bacteriophage+nanotech&source=bl&ots=0bfu6cRoE2&sig=KWHqUXDHf_2VYBaZ0qWF6zlxKjI&hl=fr&sa=X&ei=mCjiU7e7NtGB7Qbl3oHAAg&ved=0CGcQ6AEwBg#v=onepage&q=T4%20bacteriophage%20nanotech&f=false

Also :

Nanoscale bacteriophage biosensors

Bacteriophages are traditionally used for the development of phage display technology. Recently, their nanosized dimensions and ease with which genetic modifications can be made to their structure and function have put them in the spotlight towards their use in a variety of biosensors. In particular, the expression of any protein or peptide on the extraluminal surface of bacteriophages is possible by genetically engineering the genome. In addition, the relatively short replication time of bacteriophages offers researchers the ability to generate mass quantities of any given bacteriophage-based biosensor. Coupled with the emergence of various biomarkers in the clinic as a means to determine pathophysiological states, the development of current and novel technologies for their detection and quantification is imperative. In this review, we categorize bacteriophages by their morphology into M13-based filamentous bacteriophages and T4- or T7-based icosahedral bacteriophages, and examine how such advantages are utilized across a variety of biosensors. In essence, we take a comprehensive approach towards recent trends in bacteriophage-based biosensor applications and discuss their outlook with regards to the field of biotechnology.

read on: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3797607/

The New phage biology

Extract :

Vaccines

A novel and exciting use of phages is the use of whole phage particles to deliver vaccines in the form of immunogenic peptides attached to modified phage coat proteins, or as delivery vehicles for DNA vaccines. Phage display is useful for the identification of immunogenic epitopes or mimotopes on displayed peptides which could, in turn, become the basis of peptide vaccines. A study carried out comparing the humoral immune response of animals immunized with a recombinant hepatitis B vaccine or with mimotopes generated by phage display demonstrated that the mimotopes could induce a response similar to that induced by the original antigen; in fact, the mimotopes induced the most reproducible and potent response.

read more: http://www.highveld.com/virology/phage.html

Here an article that mentions exploiting bacteriophages for biocontrol purposes:

I understood from this that these bacteriophages not only have a use in the medical field but in the environnement as well . Humm

Tools from viruses: Bacteriophage successes and beyond

Biocontrol of pathogens in food products may represent an economically viable field for bacteriophage-based biocontrol. This topic was extensively reviewed (Garcia et al., 2008, Goodridge and Bisha, 2011, Hagens and Loessner, 2010 and Mahony et al., 2011). Many studies reported success in decreasing the bacterial load (for Listeria, Salmonella and E. coli species among others) on food surfaces (cheese and meat), hard surfaces and also cattle hide ( Anany et al., 2011, Coffey et al., 2011, Guenther et al., 2012, Viazis et al., 2011 and Viscardi et al., 2008). Several systems have already been approved by authorities for use on food products such as ListShield™ (Intralytix) or LISTEX™ (Micreos) for the control of L. monocytogenes (both FDA- and USDA-approved), EcoShield™ (FDA-cleared) targeting E. coli O157:H7 and SALMONELEX™ against Salmonella which also beneficiated from a Temporary Use Exemption by the Dutch Medicine Evaluation Board for the currently ongoing field trials. Bacteriophages were also found to be efficient for the decontamination of livestock raised for the food industry, therefore limiting the risk of pathogens reaching the food chain, or to detect the presence of pathogens in animal-derived alimentary products. Bacteriophages have shown success in control of plant pathogens too with recent examples including the development of a bacteriophage-based biocontrol technique for Dickeya solani, a bacterium which causes potato plants to waste, and the effective prevention of wilting using a cocktail of three lytic bacteriophages for the bacterium Ralstonia solanacearum ( Adriaenssens et al., 2012 and Fujiwara et al., 2011). The company Omnilytics developed the bacteriophage product “Agriphage” for the control of bacterial spot caused by Xanthomonas campestris or bacterial speck caused by Pseudomonas syringae (www.omnilytics.com). The effectiveness of this product in protecting the crops against these pathogens is reflected by the report of a marked increase in yield. However, early suggestions that bacteriophage interaction with plants might actually decrease plant growth or not show improvements compared to regular treatments are also reported, highlighting the need for further evaluation of possible biocontrol strategies before implementation is considered ( Gill and Abedon, 2003, Jones et al., 2007, Kocharunchitt et al., 2009 and Ye et al., 2009).

Finally bacteriophages are currently being investigated for their potential as natural biocontrol agents for environmental issues. Their natural presence in the environment would suggest a lower risk of natural ecology disturbance, making them an attractive alternative to chemicals as antibacterial agents. In this field, works have been carried out in the context of wastewater treatment and sludge processing. Only a few studies have been conducted so far but encouraging results in foam, sludge volume or biomass bulking reduction were reported (Choi et al., 2011, Kotay et al., 2011 and Petrovski et al., 2012).

Besides the use of entire bacteriophage particles, the use of isolated proteins has also raised interest lately. The use of single gene products by-passes the difficulties of using infective particles and tends to reassure the community by eliminating the risk of genetic recombination and general instability linked to the idea of using viruses while keeping the benefit of the main hallmark of the bacteriophage, that is to say its specificity.

source: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0042682212004588

Well it's a bit long to read but quite interesting if one wants to understand these bacteriophages specially the T4 bacteriophage that  is if I understood well the biggest virus found so far and the study basis it offers for nanotechnology.

It says here :

In nature, the bacteriophage T4 contains about 168,800 base pairs of double stranded DNA. This genetic blueprint contains all of the necessary information to create new bacteriophage T4.

[/color]
    http://www.dform.com/projects/t4/virus.html

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:51 am

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:52 pm

The Ebola Virus Pandemic: “A Weapon of Mass Destruction”?

Long article posted on Global research.
    Traces the history of Ebola up to now.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-ebola-virus-pandemic-a-weapon-of-mass-destruction/5394976

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:57 pm

Edible Vaccine Inventor Jokes about Culling Population with GMO Virus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stGT6NcxVRQ#t=27

(Truthstream Media.com) During a discussion panel in Arizona State University's Biotech department that took place on February 2, 2012, the inventor of genetically engineered edible vaccines joked about wiping out 25% of the population with a genetically engineered virus.

Dr. Charles Arntzen, head of The Biodesign Institute for Infectious Diseases and Vaccinology, responded to a question pertaining to whether feeding the 8 billion people of the world was worth it, or whether population reduction should be pursued.

The scientist quipped: "Has anybody seen 'Contagion'? That's the answer! Go out and use genetic engineering to create a better virus... 25 percent of the population is supposed to go in Contagion."

Arntzen was the first to pursue an edible vaccine for use in the developing world while at the Boyce Thompson Institute in 1996 under funding from the Rockefeller Foundation. His signature delivery vehicle is the banana. He noted the possibilities for its use in both poor countries as well as the wealthier Western world: "Children of developing countries may not be the only beneficiaries of this new technology. Says Arntzen: 'American kids will also probably prefer being vaccinated by an edible vaccine rather than by a needle.'"

Perhaps even more startling is the fact that Dr. Arntzen -- and perhaps some of his colleagues in the room -- developed the first effective, stable and storable synthetic Ebola vaccine capable of being stockpiled under grants from the Department of Defense and Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases. According to a news report from Arizona State University: "If early efforts bear fruit, an Ebola vaccine could be stockpiled for use in the United States, should the country fall victim to a natural outbreak or a bioterrorism event in which a weaponized strain of the virus were unleashed on soldiers or the public."

If not downright creepy and nihilistic, it is surely poor bedside manner to joke about depopulating the masses of the planet via an engineered virus when he and his department are actively involved in tinkering with such stuff.

The Ebola vaccine, while overtly for defensive measures, is the natural research companion to weaponized Ebola viruses that have been refined over the years by military researchers, including those in the United States, and classified as a Class A bioweapon.

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:07 pm

CDC Removed the Phrase “Contaminated Air” from Its New Ebola Fact Sheet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62EI9siY1uM

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:39 am

Missionaries who had contact with Ebola to be quarantined in Charlotte

By Elisabeth Arriero

CHARLOTTE, NC — Missionaries returning from Liberia who have been in direct contact with the Ebola virus but who are not sick are heading to Charlotte and will be quarantined once they arrive, health officials said Sunday.

Dr. Stephen Keener, medical director of the Mecklenburg County Health Department, declined to specify how many missionaries will be quarantined, when they’ll arrive or how they’ll travel from Africa, citing the need for privacy. He also did not specify whether the missionaries are from Charlotte.

“It’s very important to hear and understand that … none of the returning missionaries are ill, none of them have the Ebola virus disease,” Keener said at a press conference. Those affected with Ebola are not infectious until they are symptomatic, health officials have said.

In a statement Sunday, Charlotte Douglas International Airport officials said they are “fully cooperating with state and local officials on the return of volunteers, staff and their families from West African countries currently affected by an Ebola outbreak.”

“The arrival will occur in an undisclosed, nonpublic area in order to ensure the safe return and privacy of the passengers,” the statement said. “The arrival is expected to have no impact (on) airport operations.”

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2014/08/10/3612302/missionaries-who-had-contact-with.html?sp=/99/132/#storylink=cpy

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:07 pm

Ebola vaccine to be manufactured by criminal drug company with felony record; rushed to market with near-zero safety testing
    Monday,

August 11, 2014

(NaturalNews) While the world of conventional medicine lines up to profit from the Ebola panic, there is no mention anywhere in the mainstream media of the criminal corporation behind the Ebola vaccine.

GlaxoSmithKline, now being celebrated by the pro-pharma press, is the same company that also has a proven criminal record of bribing physicians and knowingly distributing misleading information about the safety of their drug products.

Just two years ago, GSK plead guilty to felony crimes in the United States and was forced to pay an historical $3 billion fine for committing those crimes. After paying the fine, GSK was then exempted from normal rules regarding criminal enterprise, allowing it to continue conducting business with the federal government.

"Global health care giant GlaxoSmithKline LLC (GSK) agreed to plead guilty and to pay $3 billion to resolve its criminal and civil liability arising from the company's unlawful promotion of certain prescription drugs, its failure to report certain safety data, and its civil liability for alleged false price reporting practices, the Justice Department announced today," says a U.S. Department of Justice press release.

It goes on to explain, "GSK agreed to plead guilty to a three-count criminal information, including two counts of introducing misbranded drugs, Paxil and Wellbutrin, into interstate commerce and one count of failing to report safety data about the drug Avandia to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA)."

As Natural News reported in 2012:

A roughly nine-year federal investigation has exposed GSK's rampant abuse of the law by illegally marketing drugs, forging drug safety data, bribing doctors to promote dangerous and expensive drugs, ripping off Medicare and Medicaid, and lying about the effectiveness and safety of drugs. And all this deception has generated tens of billions of dollars in profits for GSK over the years, while thousands of patients who used the drug products involved have suffered horrific side effects and even death.

Criminal drug company to spearhead Ebola vaccine with U.S. scientists
    Now this same company that admitted committing multiple felony crimes is going to lead the development of the Ebola vaccine.

As CNBC reports: (1)

"A clinical trial of an experimental vaccine against the deadly Ebola virus is set to start shortly, according to British drugmaker GlaxoSmithKline, which is co-developing the product with U.S. scientists."

Vaccine to be "rushed through" with very little safety testing
    We also know that the vaccine will not be tested for anything other than short-term side effects. This is all part of the "rush to market" for Big Pharma to profit from Ebola as quickly as possible.

As CNBC says:

A company spokeswoman said on Sunday that the trial should get underway "later this year", while GSK's partner the U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) said in a statement on its website it would start "as early as fall 2014", implying a potential September launch of testing.

A headline in the Daily Mail declares "World Health Organisation says vaccine could be 'rushed through' for 2015." (2)

That same story goes on to report, "the WHO said a potential vaccine for the Ebola virus is being tested on humans and could be ready for widespread use by early 2015."

Doing the math here, if the Ebola vaccine clinical trials start in September of 2014 and the vaccine is manufactured and distributed to the public by "early 2015," this leaves virtually zero time for observing vaccine side effects.

Manufacturing the vaccine in large quantities, after all, takes many months. If this vaccine is to be available to the public in early 2015, they will have to start manufacturing it as early as October 2014, roughly just one month after the vaccine trials begin.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/046414_Ebola_vaccine_safety_testing_drug_company_profits.html#ixzz3ACrAImYO

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:18 pm

US Licensing LIVE Rabies Based EBOLA Vaccine, Preps Pandemic Quarantine Stations & Injury Fund

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQbZcGXfyFA&feature=youtu.be

Love Always
    mudra
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:33 pm

Is there a natural ebola cure?
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/411030.stm

A plant has been found to halt the deadly Ebola virus in its tracks in laboratory tests, scientists have said.

The extract can be eaten or rubbed into the skin. They used a compound from Garcinia kola, a plant commonly eaten in West Africa. Compounds from the plant have also proved effective against some strains of flu.

If the anti-Ebola compound proves successful in animal and human trials, it will be the first medicine to successfully treat the virus that causes Ebola haemorrhagic fever - an often-fatal condition.

The discovery was announced at the 16th International Botanical Congress in St Louis in the US.

The discoverer was sacked and discredited, but he claims its true??
    http://saharareporters.com/2014/08/02/ebola-virus-spreads-alarm-former-inec-chairman-maurice-iwu-dusts-fraudulent-claims-about

who knows?cant believe much these days, and there is no way the good old boys will allow a free cure..
    Jenetta
    Jenetta

Why does the CDC own a patent on Ebola 'invention?  Empty Re: Why Does The CDC Own A Patent On Ebola Vaccine?

Post  Jenetta Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:18 am

I am flabbergasted by this and horrified...

Canada offers experimental Ebola vaccine VSV-EBOV to West Africa

Canada has about 1,500 doses of the vaccine and will donate as many as 1,000 to WHO

August 12, 2014

A made-in-Canada experimental Ebola vaccine will be offered for use in the West African outbreak response, the Public Health Agency of Canada revealed Tuesday.

The news comes hours after the World Health Organization said a panel of experts advised that it would be ethical to use untested drugs and vaccines in this raging epidemic, which is several times larger than any previous outbreak.

■Ebola experimental drugs and vaccines in early days of testing
    ■Canadian-made Ebola vaccine used after German lab accident
    ■It's ethical to try untested Ebola medicines, WHO declares

"We see this as a global resource and we need to have some conversations to figure out what the best use of this experimental vaccine is," said Dr. Gregory Taylor, deputy head of the public health agency.

He said the agency would be discussing options with international partners and the WHO over the coming days to try to come up with a plan for the best use of what is a limited number of vaccine doses.

In a statement Tuesday, Health Minister Rona Ambrose confirmed that she spoke on the phone with WHO director general Margaret Chan about the donation.

"I was pleased to offer the experimental vaccine developed by Canadian researchers as a global resource to help fight this outbreak," she said, adding that between 800 and 1,000 doses would be donated to the WHO.

Ambrose added that "Canada feels this experimental vaccine is a global resource, so in response we are sharing it with the international community, while keeping a small supply in Canada."

A ministry statement acknowledged that while the vaccine, known as VSV-EBOV, has never been tested in humans, it "has shown promise in animal trials."

(Personal Note): Are Africans considered animals (primates)? OMG!!

The scale and urgency of the global Ebola crisis has prompted a WHO panel to agree that it was ethical to offer such "untested or unproven medical interventions," the ministry said.

Along with the experimental vaccines, Canada will also be contributing an additional $185,000 to the WHO to support infection prevention and control in West Africa.

It's not known how much vaccine an individual would need to be protected. For the time being, the size of a dose is being extrapolated from the research that has been done on primates.

Taylor said the agency would need to hold back some doses to do toxicology studies on the vaccine and other small studies. As well, Canada would want to have some doses on hand to offer health-care workers if someone with Ebola travelled to Canada and turned up in a hospital here.

Complete Article: http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/canada-offers-experimental-ebola-vaccine-vsv-ebov-to-west-africa-1.2734681

Post  mudra Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:45 pm

It would 'nt be the first time Africa is used as an experimental lab for medication and vaccines Jenetta.
    Pretty gruesome.

African children being used as lab rats in heinous vaccine medical experiments

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/040702_manafrivac_gates_foundation_vaccine_injuries.html#ixzz3AJ6EmE2R

Love Always
    mudra

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:27 pm