tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+3
B.B.Baghor
malletzky
TRANCOSO
7 posters

ARE YOU SMARTER THAN THE REST? TRY THiS IQ TEST !

TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

ARE YOU SMARTER THAN THE REST? TRY THiS IQ TEST ! Empty ARE YOU SMARTER THAN THE REST? TRY THiS IQ TEST !

Post  TRANCOSO Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:37 pm

IQ TEST
    This test is developed with the aim of measuring your Intelligence Quotient (IQ).

The test is Culture Fair, i.e. it minimises the effect of cultural variables, such as language, mathematics, etc.

The test is based on logic, but is furthermore designed to test learning capability, memory, innovative thinking and the ability to simultaneously address several problems.

http://www.iqtest.dk/main.swf

confused Idea
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

ARE YOU SMARTER THAN THE REST? TRY THiS IQ TEST ! Empty Re: ARE YOU SMARTER THAN THE REST? TRY THiS IQ TEST !

Post  TRANCOSO Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:00 am

After doing this test I looked for the right answers to the questions at YT, as they are not supplied with the original test.

They dont call me LORD 'SUPERSMART' TRANCOSO for nothing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D76iuXMf08

The Winner 
    malletzky
    malletzky

ARE YOU SMARTER THAN THE REST? TRY THiS IQ TEST ! Empty Re: ARE YOU SMARTER THAN THE REST? TRY THiS IQ TEST !

Post  malletzky Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:19 am

TRANCOSO wrote:After doing this test I looked for the right answers to the questions at YT, as they are not supplied with the original test.

They dont call me LORD 'SUPERSMART' TRANCOSO for nothing...

The Winner 

Hahaha...well I must say the title LORD alone would have explained it also   Double Thumbs Up 

I got some more points then the average...and I "screwed" the last two questions just because my bloody PC thought it need to strike during the last few seconds of the test Mad Argh Argh Argh Huge Grin 
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:06 am

malletzky wrote:

Hahaha...well I must say the title LORD alone would have explained it also   Double Thumbs Up 

I got some more points then the average...and I "screwed" the last two questions just because my bloody PC thought it need to strike during the last few seconds of the test Mad Argh Argh Argh Huge Grin 

That's probably because even for your computer those questions were to hard to solve...
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

ARE YOU SMARTER THAN THE REST? TRY THiS IQ TEST ! Empty My IQ test

Post  B.B.Baghor Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:02 pm

Ha, this is a cute test, thx for the excersize!
    I guess we're a pretty smart bunch here.... we simply have to be, finding our way in the mists Wink

Only it became quite tricky in the end, for my logical brain.
    Suddenly my time was up, while I wasn't finished yet.... I think... my brain is still crackling Wink
    My results are 102, is that hopeful or what?
    Couldn't post the results in an image, but 100 was mentioned as normal.

Boy... what a disappointment... I felt quite smart while doing the test.
    Now I feel dumbfounded.

ARE YOU SMARTER THAN THE REST? TRY THiS IQ TEST ! Disapp10

I need a bit of bragging.... how great I am... at the age of 10, on my roller skates at the busstation,
    on my own roundabout platform, doing all kind of waltzes for the passengers, who are watching my antics.
    Smiling benignly down at me. Now I feel better and I am curious how others are doing the test here.
    Ha... such fun in this!

sunny B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

ARE YOU SMARTER THAN THE REST? TRY THiS IQ TEST ! Empty Oh... you're Dutch!

Post  B.B.Baghor Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:07 pm

Ha Trancoso, what humor! I hadn't noticed you're Dutch too.
    I guess we love to use our brains in Holland ... and make waves.... lol! 

sunny B.B.Baghor
    Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:53 am

Entertaining yes.  I took this test without my coffee...I was brewing a pot while I took the test....LOL

I finished the test but rushed through the last part as I could hear the familiar sound of the coffee pot belching it's final breath of brew.

Coincidently I scored 102 as well.  What are the chances of that?  Which means I got stupid with age as I scored considerably higher as a child.

Fact is these Internet IQ tests are only one subset of testing done for IQ tests which require more than what the average Internet IQ test involves.

I had an IQ test when I was about ten years old.  Lets just say it was a decent score.  Good enough they wanted to skip me up a grade in school because I was often times bored to tears in class.  I believe my teacher told my mother I was a 'day dreamer".

Now I grew up in a home where EVERYDAY classical music was played.  We owned a piano which my mother played.  I ended up playing the violin during the time I took the test.

Listening to classical music is reported to increase IQ; specifically spatial ability. In 1994 Frances Rauscher and Gorden Shaw reported that college students who listened to 10 minutes of Motzart, showed an increase in IQ of 8 to 9 points on the spatial subtest on the Standford-Binet Intelligence Scale.

The phenomenon was coined the Mozart effect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozart_effect

So that might have added to my better than average score?  Hard to say.  There is also a variety of mitigating factors that come into play which can effect the test.  Psychology is one of them.  The fact that the Stanford-Binet test is administered by a psychologist is a clue.  That is the test I was administered as a ten year old. It's a cognitive ability and intelligence test that is used to diagnose developmental or cognitive deficiencies in young children.  It also initiated the field of intelligence testing.

In the Stanford-Binet Intelligence they measure five weighted factors which consist of both verbal and nonverbal subtests. The five factors being tested are knowledge, quantitative reasoning, visual-spatial processing, working memory, and fluid reasoning.

These factors are not taken in completely within the average internet IQ tests currently available.

Note of interest:  If I'm not mistaken it's been claimed Motzart "Channeled" his music....Mozart always stated that he did not create the music; he was the conduit for the music and his job was to write it down. Heh heh 

Rock on Mozart!

TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:33 pm

Brook wrote: Entertaining yes.  I took this test without my coffee...I was brewing a pot while I took the test....LOL

I finished the test but rushed through the last part as I could hear the familiar sound of the coffee pot belching it's final breath of brew.

Coincidently I scored 102 as well.  What are the chances of that?  Which means I got stupid with age as I scored considerably higher as a child.

Actually I took it twice.

The first time I sort of rushed through as well, was halfway distracted by the phone and scored 110.

The second time I really concentrated.

With 15 minutes left I got to the last 5 questions, which kept me as clueless as the first time, but I guessed 3 out of 5 right.

I scored 126.

That same night, after a 10 year search, I also found this track - Der Nächste Tag by Mittelstandskinder Ohne Strom  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6z6hvIWgMk

Cool
    Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:29 am

They don't call you Lord for nothing!   cheers ... I bow to thee!  Toast 

Must be all the music you filter through that brain! 

That test is from Mensa Denmark which is part of Mensa International. 

They have another quiz/workout which I found far more fun.  It's not a IO test but fun all the same.

Listen to some music while your taking it..LOL

http://www.mensa.org/workout.php
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:21 pm

That's how I feel about these IQ tests

Everytime I did one of these I felt like  being put in a straight jacket .
    The problem  I believe is that the answers are already frozen in stone before hand.
    But life to me is'nt like that at all .

ARE YOU SMARTER THAN THE REST? TRY THiS IQ TEST ! 14515211

Love from me
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:50 pm

Brook wrote:[size=13][b] 
    Listening to classical music is reported to increase IQ; specifically spatial ability. In 1994 Frances Rauscher and Gorden Shaw reported that college students who listened to 10 minutes of Motzart, showed an increase in IQ of 8 to 9 points on the spatial subtest on the Standford-Binet Intelligence Scale.

The phenomenon was coined the Mozart effect.

I don't know if the Mozart effect raised this boy's IQ but it certainly changed his life to the best.
    Bravo :)

Educating Yorkshire's final show,Mushy finds his voice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-shi5BL-Y2Q

Love Always
    mudra
    Jenetta
    Jenetta

ARE YOU SMARTER THAN THE REST? TRY THiS IQ TEST ! Empty Re: Are You Smarter Than The Rest? Try This IQ Test.

Post  Jenetta Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:50 am

Everytime I did one of these I felt like  being put in a straight jacket .
    The problem  I believe is that the answers are already frozen in stone before hand.
    But life to me is'nt like that at all .

ARE YOU SMARTER THAN THE REST? TRY THiS IQ TEST ! 14515211

Love from me
    mudra[/quote]

Three Hallelujahs to Mudra...imagine a fish climbing a tree? I'm not too worried about getting stupider with age...its just grey putty. Scored what they consider normal myself though I rushed it at the end as I was getting bored with the whole thing and having a timer always puts me off.
    Trancoso are you sure you didn't look at all the answers beforehand and utilize your eidectic memory?

Post  burgundia Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:33 am

I took it last night, at midnight. Not the best choice of time. Already half through it I got tired and sleepy. I think after number 30 I started guessing just to be through with it. The score 112. I do not like such tests. My brain hurts...lol.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:10 am

Here is one of another type for you

In which direction is the bus going ?

To the right or to the left ?

ARE YOU SMARTER THAN THE REST? TRY THiS IQ TEST ! 14920610

Can't find the answer ?

Look at the picture once more carefully

Not yet ?  Blink  

This question was asked to kids in primary school while showing them
    the picture.
    90% of them answered : " to the left "
    And when asked " why " ?
    They said :
    " Because one can't see the door to get on the bus "

How do you feel now ?

Me too ...  Lmfao 

Lolerz 

Love from me
    mudra
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:24 am

If you like CSNY, you'll love this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyDS8P5Xwr4
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:32 am

TRANCOSO wrote:Doesn't look like a bus to me...

If you like CSNY, you'll love this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyDS8P5Xwr4

Thubs Up 

Love for You

mudra

Last edited by mudra on Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:33 am

burgundia wrote:I took it last night, at midnight. Not the best choice of time. Already half through it I got tired and sleepy. I think after number 30 I started guessing just to be through with it. The score 112. I do not like such tests. My brain hurts...lol.
    Duh!

That's what this test is mainly about... concentration.

Btw, after number 34 I think everybody starts guessing...
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:37 am

TRANCOSO wrote:

And that's probably the smartest thing to do too  Wink 

Love from me
    mudra
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:58 am

mudra wrote:
    TRANCOSO wrote:

And that's probably the smartest thing to do too  Wink 

Love from me
    mudra

If you really want to show off you do the test after you watch the YT video...  

TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:37 pm

Here Are 25 Kids That Gave Absolutely Brilliant Answers On Their Tests. These Are Hysterically Genius.
    http://www.viralnova.com/awesome-kid-answers/
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:58 pm

TRANCOSO wrote:Here Are 25 Kids That Gave Absolutely Brilliant Answers On Their Tests. These Are Hysterically Genius.
    http://www.viralnova.com/awesome-kid-answers/

Spontaneous knowledge .Ha ha that fits my line of reasoning  cheers
    The kind of answers that short circuits all circuits.

Love from me
    mudra 

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:25 pm