tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+2
orthodoxymoron
Carol
6 posters

Rush Limbaugh: "We are in the Midst of a Coup Taking Place" - Audio 6/7/13

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Rush Limbaugh: "We are in the Midst of a Coup Taking Place" - Audio 6/7/13 Empty Rush Limbaugh: "We are in the Midst of a Coup Taking Place" - Audio 6/7/13

Post  Carol Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:34 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2BT8HZoAfs&feature=player_embedded
    Rush Limbaugh: "We are in the Midst of a Coup Taking Place" - Audio 6/7/13
    6/7/13 - More News and Video at http://freedomslighthouse.net - Rush Limbaugh reacting to the multitude of Obama Scandals, and the newest revelation that Obama's NSA is collecting phone and internet data on millions of Americans.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Rush Limbaugh: "We are in the Midst of a Coup Taking Place" - Audio 6/7/13 Empty Re: Rush Limbaugh: "We are in the Midst of a Coup Taking Place" - Audio 6/7/13

Post  Carol Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:22 am

Thread from GLP
    Limited-Hangout Op: DHS insider - "It’s about to get very ugly - this is the end game, for all the marbles.”
    The details

“If anyone thinks that what’s going on right now with all of this surveillance of American citizens is to fight some sort of foreign enemy, they’re delusional. If people think that this ‘scandal’ can’t get any worse, it will, hour by hour, day by day. This has the ability to bring down our national leadership, the administration and other senior elected officials working in collusion with this administration, both Republican and Democrats. People within the NSA, the Department of Justice, and others, they know who they are, need to come forth with the documentation of ‘policy and practice’ in their possession, disclose what they know, fight what’s going on, and just do their job. I have never seen anything like this, ever. The present administration is going after leakers, media sources, anyone and everyone who is even suspected of ‘betrayal.’ That’s what they call it, ‘betrayal.’ Can you believe the size of their cahones? This administration considers anyone telling the truth about Benghazi, the IRS, hell, you name the issue, ‘betrayal,’” he said.

“We know all this already,” I stated. He looked at me, giving me a look like I’ve never seen, and actually pushed his finger into my chest. “You don’t know jack,” he said, “this is bigger than you can imagine, bigger than anyone can imagine. This administration is collecting names of sources, whistle blowers and their families, names of media sources and everybody they talk to and have talked to, and they already have a huge list. If you’re not working for MSNBC or CNN, you’re probably on that list. If you are a website owner with a brisk readership and a conservative bent, you’re on that list. It’s a political dissident list, not an enemy threat list,” he stated.

“What’s that exactly mean, being on that list, that is,” I asked, trying to make sense of it all.

“It means that there will be censorship under the color of authority of anyone in the U.S. who is attempting to expose what’s going on in our name. It’s about controlling any damning information from reaching epidemic proportions. It’s damage control to the extreme. It’s about the upcoming censorship of the internet in the name of national security. The plans are already in place. These latest reports about ‘spying eyes’ have turned this administration and others connected to it into something very, very dangerous. They feel cornered and threatened, and I’m hearing about some plans they have to shut down the flow of information that is implicating them of wrongdoing. Time is short,” he stated.

“How are they going to do this? How is it even possible” I asked.

“First, they intend to use the Justice Department to silence journalists like in the Rosen case, but they won’t stop there. They will use a host of national security policies, laws, letters, whatever to take out the bigger threats,” he stated.

Next, they will use some sort of excuse, an external threat, and I believe it will be a combination of the economic collapse and a Mid-East war that will begin in Syria to throttle the information that is accessible on the Internet. And you know what? People will believe it!”

... more at link

[link to www.trunews.com

Federal authorities said today that, since June 2010, they have seized more than 1,700 domains that allegedly breached intellectual property rights.

Seized under a program known as “Operation in Our Sites,” the domains hosted material the authorities said illegally streamed sporting events; hawked counterfeit drugs, clothes, and accessories like handbags; and unlawfully allowed the downloading of copyrighted movies and music.

The figures were buried in the White House’s 2013 “Joint Strategic Plan on Intellectual Property Enforcement,” (.pdf) and they represent about 50 seizures a month following the operation’s adoption three years ago.

[link to www.wired.com]

Kim Dotcom’s files are wiped clean in ‘largest data massacre in history’

[link to www.independent.co.uk]

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Rush Limbaugh: "We are in the Midst of a Coup Taking Place" - Audio 6/7/13 Empty Re: Rush Limbaugh: "We are in the Midst of a Coup Taking Place" - Audio 6/7/13

Post  Carol Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:09 am

orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:17 am

I will continue to attempt to see things from everyone's point of view -- Without Circling the Wagons and Loading the Gatling Guns. I continue to think things are really bad and complex. I certainly don't see an easy way out. In fact, I'm not sure I see a way out. I've had an internet-domain seized (or so it seemed) without explanation -- and sometimes I wonder if I had some sort of a domain in antiquity seized by the gods!! I swear that my life has been a living-hell since I started researching and posting on the internet. I've tried to take a middle-way regarding the madness -- by limiting my research and posting -- and by being very methodical and predictable -- so that there are no surprises. I frankly see a problem of Ancient Bad@ss PTB v People Who Don't Know What the Hell They're Doing. Plus, I think a lot of beings (human and otherwise) feel cornered and threatened presently -- and THAT is a VERY Bad Combination.

Last edited by orthodoxymoron on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:19 am

Finally, Face-Scrambling Glasses to Go With Your Drone-Proof Cloak

In early 2013, the engineer/artist Adam Harvey unveiled a drone-proof burqa he called Stealth Wear. The garment cloaks the wearer in "nickel-metalized fabric designed to thwart IR-detection by thermal cameras," as Kelly Bourdet explained after interviewing Harvey. Just one problem: It leaves your face exposed.

Drones and CCTV cams can still spot your smiling face and send it on over to the good folks at the NSA or whereever else they're processing domestic spy data.

Thankfully, Japan's National Institute of Informatics came up with the missing anti-detection puzzle piece—glasses that scramble facial recognition algorithms. It's already being touted as the "anti-Google Glass." It uses 11 separate near-infrared LED lights to blind surveillance cameras.

Last edited by Carol on Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:20 am

One of the great absurdities following Edward Snowden's NSA PRISM revelations has been the way in which Obama, and other US officials, have said with straight faces that surveillance is limited to non-American communications. In other words: don't worry, Americans, we're not spying on you—we're spying on those suckers.

This absurdist argument, however, is typical of spy tradecraft. And really, it should be expected that every nation surveills friend and foe alike, or at least makes the attempt. It's the paranoid mindset so perfectly lampooned in Stanislaw Lem's Memories Found in a Bathtub, in which espionage has become a state of being; so much so that it serves as the entropy signal of a dying system. 

Read more: [link to motherboard.vice.com

The Military-Information Complex Is Growing in Silicon Valley

Silicon Valley has a closer relationship to Big Government than most shining libertarian disruptopreneurs would care to admit—mostly because there's a heaping profit to be made from it. A front page story in the New York Times today makes crystal clear what many already knew: tech companies and their former employees are making a fortune off of government contracts.

The story focuses on Max Kelly, a cyber security expert who left a cushy post at Facebook for the NSA. There he put his expertise in protecting user data to good use—helping government snoops more efficiently collect it. His example, the Times says, is indicative of the blurred lines between the industry and government data collectors.

But it's just the tip of the iceberg. The NSA and other agencies are evidently paying a pretty penny for Silicon Valley's information-collection capacities, too:

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:21 am

Are you next?

USC Scientists Are Working on Deleting Memories

Using a protein found in glowing jellyfish and some fancy engineering, scientists can now watch memories as they form in the brains of mice.

That alone is cool, but here’s the real sci-fi stuff: Within a couple years, researchers think they’ll be able to selectively eliminate memories (at least in mice), much like they do in the John Woo-Ben Affleck classic Paycheck or Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Joking aside, here’s how it works:

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:24 am

All the PRISM Data the Tech Giants Have Been Allowed to Disclose So Far

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:25 am

Indefinite Surveillance: The National Defense Authorization Act of 2014

NDAA 2014 builds on the powers granted by both the Patriot Act and FISA by allowing unrestricted analysis and research of captured records pertaining to any organization or individual “now or once hostile to the United States”. 

The NDAA 2014 enhancement provision extends and consolidates the government's authority to further gather and analyze records and data captured during any national security or terrorist related investigation, not just combat operations. 

But it does so without creating any explicit restriction against violating an individual's right to privacy, conducting unwarranted searches and seizures, or violating due process for individuals as guaranteed by the Constitution. 

That's eerily similar to the NDAA 2013 Sec. 1021, which codified the indefinite military detention of American citizens without requiring they be charged with a specific crime or given a trial. 

Under NDAA 2013, Sec. 1021 allowed the military detention of civilians without a writ of habeas corpus, when a person "was a part of or substantially supported al-Qaeda, the Taliban, or associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners, including any person who has committed a belligerent act or has directly supported such hostilities in aid of such enemy forces." 

Under NDAA 2014, anyone is now subject to surveillance, not based on support of al-Qaeda or its associated forces, but based merely upon whether or not an individual is, or once was hostile to the U.S. The question of what constitutes “hostility”, is left completely unanswered.

[link to www.blacklistednews.com]

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:27 am

"The operations of secret intelligence agencies aiming at the manipulation of public opinion generally involve a combination of cynical deception with the pathetic gullibility of the targeted populations.

There is ample reason to believe that the case of Edward Joseph Snowden fits into this pattern. We are likely dealing here with a limited hangout operation, in which carefully selected and falsified documents and other materials are deliberately revealed by an insider who pretends to be a fugitive rebelling against the excesses of some oppressive or dangerous government agency."

[link to counterpsyops.com]

FBI Chief Demands Broader Surveillance Powers

Current Internet Surveillance Still Doesn't Satisfy Officials

[link to news.antiwar.com]

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:31 am

Russ Tice, Bush-Era Whistleblower, Claims NSA Ordered Wiretap Of Barack Obama In 2004

[link to www.huffingtonpost.com]

Justice Caps: Hide in Plain Site: Justice means Living Free - English Language

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:38 am

Job Seekers Leak NSA Program Names on LinkedIn
    [link to news.clearancejobs.com]

Carlyle Group May Buy Major CIA Contractor: Booz Allen Hamilton (Apparently now a majority stockholder....)
    From article.... "Notably Booz Allen is a key adviser and prime contractor to all of the major U.S. intelligence agencies – the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA), the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO), the National Security Agency (NSA), and – as well as the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the National Counterterrorism Center, the Department of Defense and most of the Pentagon’s combatant commands."
    [link to www.corpwatch.org

Also, James R Clapper - intelligence czar - seems to appear to have been executive director, military intelligence programs of Booz Allen Hamilton 
    Take a look at this map, what are these relationships that our government has.
    [link to www.muckety.com]

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:41 am

Hmm...

Human Farming - Stefan Molyneux - The Story of Man's Enslavement: 
    [link to www.youtube.com
    The story of your enslavement Part 2.wmv :
    [link to www.youtube.com
    [link to www.youtube.com]

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:47 am

DHS Insider: June 21st, 2013 update: Release of Withheld information from previous conversations
    I guess the site this is on is now blocked. It's article 56029 on the Fagmann's site

DHS Insider

As noted in my June 7, 2013 report titled DHS Insider: It’s about to get very ugly, the additional information provided to me that was temporarily withheld from publication is now being released. The methodical and incremental release of information was (and is) deliberate, to allow other things to play out, such as the public exposure to the name Edward Snowden and his revelations regarding just how extensive the domestic surveillance apparatus is—and who the surveillance is actually targeting.

“You’ve got to understand that they are trying to find the likes of me,” stated my source. Pretty soon, no one is going to be talking to anybody, especially in the alternative media, even about the damn weather. They won’t risk it, and I’m not just talking about a risk to their careers, either. There has been a systematic method of intimidation with some known and even “approved” media contacts, not just against them, but against their families,” he emphasized.

“Just give it two weeks at most, it will come out that no one will talk to the media,” he added. [Author note: See this article about AP CEO confirming their sources won’t talk anymore, dated 19 June 2013]. “But let me give you some details about some things I was told too. I know this is second-hand information, but it was from someone in a position of authority to know, someone I trust, and someone who I expect to reveal to [name of elected official deleted] the true extent of what has and in some cases, still is taking place. This individual is preparing to disclose much, and has obtained legal counsel, but the problem is that one misstep could be fatal in a literal sense, and [this source] knows that. If not fatal, there are other legal challenges, especially under a corrupt judiciary. By the time this appears in print, the disclosures will likely have already been made, just not made public.”

The Holder hammer & the Chicago plumbers

“The revelation last month that the Justice Department seized two months of telephone records from the Associated Press (AP) last year is only a small part of the story. The public admission is that the Holder Justice Department obtained only telephone records from three locations, something like 20 lines, and records of calls from the House press gallery for about two months. That’s one of the biggest lies ever told,” stated my source.

“The truth is that it was not limited to AP, and not limited to just number identification and call duration, but was an extensive and active wiretapping operation that included every reporter’s telephone conversations, landline and cell, text messages from their personal and business cellular telephones and other electronic devices. The primary focus is on the press gallery, where everything was monitored in real time.”

“Not only were the communications of reporters compromised, so were the private communications of congressmen and their aides. Listen to what I am saying,” he stressed, “the operation was much larger than anyone can imagine. Recordings, actual voice recordings, were turned over to the Obama administration, along with transcripts of texts, other communications and contacts.”

“The intimidation factor is huge if a media contact is outside of a small circle of ‘vetted’ journalists who are completely loyal to Obama and his agenda. If you are not part of that inner circle, you are a target, it’s that simple. You are seeing the formation of a state-run media and an administration that will intimidate, punish or prosecute anyone considered unfriendly to the Obama camp from the inside and the outside. Like I said, this also involves elected officials, their staffs and even in some cases, their families. And it is all being done under the color of authority and the pretext of national security,” he added.

“NSA assets were used, with the NSA acting as the collection agency for their intermediate client, the DHS. Then, at the highest levels of DHS, they sifted through the information collected. But the ultimate client or recipient of the information was the Obama White House. I don’t know if other agencies were involved in sorting through the material, but DHS, and this was limited to the highest of levels at DHS under the personal direction of Janet Napolitano, provided volumes of data directly to the Obama administration. One person inside the administration I know received the data was Valerie Jarrett,” he stated.
    “The other part of the lie is that this operation lasted only two months. That’s a lie. It went on well into late last year, was halted shortly after the election, but then picked back up sometime in January,” he said. Something happened in January where there appeared to be another active wiretapping operation started, but this one appeared to be more focused, or more limited in scope. Maybe, and I’m just guessing here based on some of the things I heard, that the Obama people had narrowed their interests based on the fruits of the previous operation.”

Now the ‘Holder hammer’ is coming down on anyone who opens their mouth, or previously leaked any information that could have been or be detrimental to Obama. I can tell you that Valerie Jarrett is working, out of the White House, with DHS and other agencies to co-ordinate their efforts with Justice,” the latter a reference to the Eric Holder Justice Department. “At the same time, on the media side, there is a ‘plumbers team’ headed out of Chicago, with a long reach to the New York and Washington press correspondents. So they are not only going after those on the inside, but the journalists from the other side.”

Loyalty to the man, not the office

It was at this point I asked my source, what were or are they looking for?

“Anything and everything,” he responded. “Obviously, it’s about loyalty to the man, damn the country and damn the law. Protect the man and the agenda, which is not just his agenda, but the people who put him in office.”

Like who? I asked.

“Who benefits? This is about dismantling the United States and nothing less. This is about foreign interests who have taken over our government without a shot. Look at Syria and our economy, both issues that are expected, at least as discussed within DHS, to play out this year. You had it correct on both counts when you wrote about our involvement in Syria, by way of weapons shipments from Benghazi, to open another war. You also had it correct when you wrote about the killing of the U.S. Dollar. You want to know how I know this? Because the blowback from those two issues alone, one foreign and the other domestic, are what DHS is gearing up for in our ‘homeland,’” he stated.

“Unless there are enough people who wake up fast enough, we will become involved in a war in Syria, with boots on the ground, facing not only Syrian troops but Russian forces. There will be blowback here in the United States. Along with this, you will see the U.S. dollar ‘collapse’ as the reserve currency, and social uprisings here in the U.S. over both. It will be DHS teamed with other federal agencies who will meet, with force, the uprisings. There will be chaos here, but it is expected to be different depending upon where you are at. Big cities will have the most problems, and plans are being made to cordon off cities and restrict travel at the time when these uprisings start. I really didn’t want to use this phrase, but expect martial law to be used ‘for the security’ of those affected by the turmoil.”

“Then, you will see the internet being regulated in a manner that will serve only the agenda of this administration. Either right before or during these events, so-called citizen journalists will be particularly vulnerable. Watch for a serious crackdown of bloggers, online news publications and websites, but not in the way that will be immediately obvious. The ‘plumbers team’ have coordinated their efforts with Internet Service Providers to identify the people like you and others who publish their information on web sites. At first they will cite violations of terms of service. Then, they will select a few ‘troublemakers’ and identify them for criminal prosecution. Others will experience hacking and other electronic attacks. And during all of that, there will be the Obama team flooding the internet with misinformation and disinformation. In fact, that is already taking place.”

During our conversation, I started to ask about certain journalists and bloggers who died, either from ‘natural causes’ or in accidents, suicides, and under other strange circumstances. My source interrupted before I could finish my question.

“Don’t even go there, don’t bother asking me, because I just don’t know, he stated in a rather agitated manner. I do have my suspicions about one, maybe two who got a bit too close to the truth and foolishly trusted certain people, but I really don’t know for sure.”

So, what will all of this look like, I asked, when it all comes down.

“I’ve thought about that myself, and have seen some DHS documents outlining different scenarios. Maybe not what you think,” he replied. “Outside of the rioting in certain urban areas, the low stocks at your local stores, and rationing of gas, maybe not as dire as you imagine. My best guess is a combination of the riots of the 1960s along with the gasoline rationing of the 1970s, at least at first. Once people who want to save the country, those with good intentions begin to organize, it will become incrementally worse,” he stated.

“Like a car careening off a cliff, but not hitting the bottom right away. It will hit jagged edges first, each time suffering more damage. Each blow will be worse than the next.”

Centralization

“Let me try to sum it up for you. It’s getting late, and I mean it’s getting late this morning and late for our country. This is all about centralization of power and pursuing an agenda that makes no sense or has any benefit to the United States. All of the things we are seeing are related. The IRS, Syria, Benghazi, the NSA, and just about everything you can name is about one thing: the consolidation of power and the centralization of authority. This party did not start with Obama, and might not end with him either.”

I interjected my surprise at this point, noting that I thought the worst, like others, that we might not see another presidential election. “When did I mention anything about an election?”

“You’re not thinking big enough,” he admonished. Nobody is thinking big enough, or has been thinking at all, which is why we’re in this position. This is a global agenda, or an agenda of the global interests, the money interests. Do you think for one second that if a person, and I don’t give a damn who it is or what position they hold, becomes a liability to those interests that they wouldn’t get rid of them? Don’t you think those in power know this?

Cryptically, he spoke of Obama’s apparent infatuation with Abraham Lincoln and asked, rhetorically whether that means anything. A country that will fall into a civil war of sorts, and all of the things common to both. Does Obama know something, or feel something? Is that playing in to his desire for oaths only to him, and not the country? Think about it.”

Time frame

As we were parting, I felt a bit like Peter Falk playing Columbo in the 1970s television series when I said that I had “just one more question.” When is all of this going to start?

What? He turned and looked at me as if I had uttered an insult.

“It’s already begun. You’re seeing it now. If you want to know a date when our money will tank, or when the war goes hot, or when you won’t be able to get food or gas, I can’t tell you, and I don’t think anyone can. But remember what I said before, about the metals taking a hit and something happening after that. Look at the metals market. The U.S. has very little gold. Everything you see is being manipulated, from the economy to the metals to foreign policy. I believe that most politicians know how dire things are, and most are clawing their way for a seat at the global table. But if I had to answer you, and I guess I will so you’ll let me leave, I’d look for something to happen in early July as a precursor to the more major events later in the summer or fall, maybe in October.”

“But don’t try to look at dates for answers, look at events, even the small ones. Remember, their objectives haven’t changed, only their plans to adapt to the right conditions. To the unaware, it will look like everything was just one big unfortunate coincidence.”

End...

Rush Limbaugh: "We are in the Midst of a Coup Taking Place" - Audio 6/7/13 E1c917c581

Last edited by Carol on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total

orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:51 am

I frankly think in terms of One Solar System Power Structure -- going back thousands (or millions?) of years -- so ALL of the governments and agencies MIGHT be working for the same boss. If this is true, a foreign agency might be monitoring us -- while a domestic agency might be monitoring the foreigners!! There might be agencies we've never heard of -- and never will hear of!! And, once again, if we exposed and deposed the current PTB -- we might not be capable of ruling ourselves -- as much as I hate to say it. What if Governance by Exploitation is the only thing keeping the Human Race alive?? -- as much as I hate to ask it. I sometimes wonder if a hypothetical new-regime would have to simply say "Just keep doing what you're doing -- but don't purposely cause trouble". This would mean No Instigated Wars -- No Instigated Economic Meltdowns -- No False-Flag Terrorism -- No Instigating Riots -- Etc. In other words, the new guys and gals might need to be satisfied with a Kinder and Gentler Version of the Way Things Are. But I still don't know why things are the way they are -- in an ancient and other-worldly sense -- which is why I just mumble and speculate on this relatively small site -- instead of making a great, big deal about everything. I sometime imagine myself as being an Ancient-Quitesh and a Modern Vala Mal Doran -- even though I am a powerless and confused male in this incarnation. It has a lot to do with modeling a REALISTIC Queen of Heaven -- even though this is HERESY!! Please don't burn me just yet!! I'm just a completely ignorant fool!!!
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:00 pm

Confirmation to exactly what he just reported on Drudge..

[link to www.mcclatchydc.com

Obama’s crackdown views leaks as aiding enemies of U.S.

Read more here: [link to www.mcclatchydc.com

WASHINGTON — Even before a former U.S. intelligence contractor exposed the secret collection of Americans’ phone records, the Obama administration was pressing a government-wide crackdown on security threats that requires federal employees to keep closer tabs on their co-workers and exhorts managers to punish those who fail to report their suspicions.

President Barack Obama’s unprecedented initiative, known as the Insider Threat Program, is sweeping in its reach. It has received scant public attention even though it extends beyond the U.S. national security bureaucracies to most federal departments and agencies nationwide, including the Peace Corps, the Social Security Administration and the Education and Agriculture departments. It emphasizes leaks of classified material, but catchall definitions of “insider threat” give agencies latitude to pursue and penalize a range of other conduct.

Government documents reviewed by McClatchy illustrate how some agencies are using that latitude to pursue unauthorized disclosures of any information, not just classified material. They also show how millions of federal employees and contractors must watch for “high-risk persons or behaviors” among co-workers and could face penalties, including criminal charges, for failing to report them. Leaks to the media are equated with espionage.

“Hammer this fact home . . . leaking is tantamount to aiding the enemies of the United States,” says a June 1, 2012, Defense Department strategy for the program that was obtained by McClatchy.

The Obama administration is expected to hasten the program’s implementation as the government grapples with the fallout from the leaks of top secret documents by Edward Snowden, the former National Security Agency contractor who revealed the agency’s secret telephone data collection program. The case is only the latest in a series of what the government condemns as betrayals by “trusted insiders” who have harmed national security.

“Leaks related to national security can put people at risk,” Obama said on May 16 in defending criminal investigations into leaks. “They can put men and women in uniform that I’ve sent into the battlefield at risk. They can put some of our intelligence officers, who are in various, dangerous situations that are easily compromised, at risk. . . . So I make no apologies, and I don’t think the American people would expect me as commander in chief not to be concerned about information that might compromise their missions or might get them killed.”

As part of the initiative, Obama ordered greater protection for whistleblowers who use the proper internal channels to report official waste, fraud and abuse, but that’s hardly comforting to some national security experts and current and former U.S. officials. They worry that the Insider Threat Program won’t just discourage whistleblowing but will have other grave consequences for the public’s right to know and national security.

The program could make it easier for the government to stifle the flow of unclassified and potentially vital information to the public, while creating toxic work environments poisoned by unfounded suspicions and spurious investigations of loyal Americans, according to these current and former officials and experts. Some non-intelligence agencies already are urging employees to watch their co-workers for “indicators” that include stress, divorce and financial problems.

“It was just a matter of time before the Department of Agriculture or the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) started implementing, ‘Hey, let’s get people to snitch on their friends.’ The only thing they haven’t done here is reward it,” said Kel McClanahan, a Washington lawyer who specializes in national security law. “I’m waiting for the time when you turn in a friend and you get a $50 reward.”

The Defense Department anti-leak strategy obtained by McClatchy spells out a zero-tolerance policy. Security managers, it says, “must” reprimand or revoke the security clearances – a career-killing penalty – of workers who commit a single severe infraction or multiple lesser breaches “as an unavoidable negative personnel action.”

Employees must turn themselves and others in for failing to report breaches. “Penalize clearly identifiable failures to report security infractions and violations, including any lack of self-reporting,” the strategic plan says.

The Obama administration already was pursuing an unprecedented number of leak prosecutions, and some in Congress – long one of the most prolific spillers of secrets – favor tightening restrictions on reporters’ access to federal agencies, making many U.S. officials reluctant to even disclose unclassified matters to the public.

The policy, which partly relies on behavior profiles, also could discourage creative thinking and fuel conformist “group think” of the kind that was blamed for the CIA’s erroneous assessment that Iraq was hiding weapons of mass destruction, a judgment that underpinned the 2003 U.S. invasion.

“The real danger is that you get a bland common denominator working in the government,” warned Ilana Greenstein, a former CIA case officer who says she quit the agency after being falsely accused of being a security risk. “You don’t get people speaking up when there’s wrongdoing. You don’t get people who look at things in a different way and who are willing to stand up for things. What you get are people who toe the party line, and that’s really dangerous for national security.”

Obama launched the Insider Threat Program in October 2011 after Army Pfc. Bradley Manning downloaded hundreds of thousands of documents from a classified computer network and sent them to WikiLeaks, the anti-government secrecy group. It also followed the 2009 killing of 13 people at Fort Hood, Texas, by Army Maj. Nidal Hasan, an attack that federal authorities failed to prevent even though they were monitoring his emails to an al Qaida-linked Islamic cleric.

An internal review launched after Manning’s leaks found “wide disparities” in the abilities of U.S. intelligence agencies to detect security risks and determined that all needed improved defenses.

Obama’s executive order formalizes broad practices that the intelligence agencies have followed for years to detect security threats and extends them to agencies that aren’t involved in national security policy but can access classified networks. Across the government, new policies are being developed.

There are, however, signs of problems with the program. Even though it severely restricts the use of removable storage devices on classified networks, Snowden, the former NSA contractor who revealed the agency’s telephone data collection operations, used a thumb drive to acquire the documents he leaked to two newspapers.

“Nothing that’s been done in the past two years stopped Snowden, and so that fact alone casts a shadow over this whole endeavor,” said Steven Aftergood, director of the non-profit Federation of American Scientists’ Project on Government Secrecy. “Whatever they’ve done is apparently inadequate.”

U.S. history is replete with cases in which federal agencies missed signs that trusted officials and military officers were stealing secrets. The CIA, for example, failed for some time to uncover Aldrich Ames, a senior officer who was one of the most prolific Soviet spies in U.S. history, despite polygraphs, drunkenness, and sudden and unexplained wealth.

Stopping a spy or a leaker has become even more difficult as the government continues to accumulate information in vast computer databases and has increased the number of people granted access to classified material to nearly 5 million.

Administration officials say the program could help ensure that agencies catch a wide array of threats, especially if employees are properly trained in recognizing behavior that identifies potential security risks.

“If this is done correctly, an organization can get to a person who is having personal issues or problems that if not addressed by a variety of social means may lead that individual to violence, theft or espionage before it even gets to that point,” said a senior Pentagon official, who requested anonymity because he wasn’t authorized to discuss the issue publicly.

Manning, for instance, reportedly was reprimanded for posting YouTube messages describing the interior of a classified intelligence facility where he worked. He also exhibited behavior that could have forewarned his superiors that he posed a security risk, officials said.

Jonathan Pollard, a former U.S. Navy intelligence analyst sentenced in 1987 to life in prison for spying for Israel, wasn’t investigated even though he’d failed polygraph tests and lied to his supervisors. He was caught only after a co-worker saw him leave a top-secret facility with classified documents.

“If the folks who are watching within an organization for that insider threat – the lawyers, security officials and psychologists – can figure out that an individual is having money problems or decreased work performance and that person may be starting to come into the window of being an insider threat, superiors can then approach them and try to remove that stress before they become a threat to the organization,” the Pentagon official said.

The program, however, gives agencies such wide latitude in crafting their responses to insider threats that someone deemed a risk in one agency could be characterized as harmless in another. Even inside an agency, one manager’s disgruntled employee might become another’s threat to national security.

Obama in November approved “minimum standards” giving departments and agencies considerable leeway in developing their insider threat programs, leading to a potential hodgepodge of interpretations. He instructed them to not only root out leakers but people who might be prone to “violent acts against the government or the nation” and “potential espionage.”

The Pentagon established its own sweeping definition of an insider threat as an employee with a clearance who “wittingly or unwittingly” harms “national security interests” through “unauthorized disclosure, data modification, espionage, terrorism, or kinetic actions resulting in loss or degradation of resources or capabilities.”

“An argument can be made that the rape of military personnel represents an insider threat. Nobody has a model of what this insider threat stuff is supposed to look like,” said the senior Pentagon official, explaining that inside the Defense Department “there are a lot of chiefs with their own agendas but no leadership.”

The Department of Education, meanwhile, informs employees that co-workers going through “certain life experiences . . . might turn a trusted user into an insider threat.” Those experiences, the department says in a computer training manual, include “stress, divorce, financial problems” or “frustrations with co-workers or the organization.”

An online tutorial titled “Treason 101” teaches Department of Agriculture and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration employees to recognize the psychological profile of spies.

A Defense Security Service online pamphlet lists a wide range of “reportable” suspicious behaviors, including working outside of normal duty hours. While conceding that not every behavior “represents a spy in our midst,” the pamphlet adds that “every situation needs to be examined to determine whether our nation’s secrets are at risk.”

The Defense Department, traditionally a leading source of media leaks, is still setting up its program, but it has taken numerous steps. They include creating a unit that reviews news reports every day for leaks of classified defense information and implementing new training courses to teach employees how to recognize security risks, including “high-risk” and “disruptive” behaviors among co-workers, according to Defense Department documents reviewed by McClatchy.

“It’s about people’s profiles, their approach to work, how they interact with management. Are they cheery? Are they looking at Salon.com or The Onion during their lunch break? This is about ‘The Stepford Wives,’” said a second senior Pentagon official, referring to online publications and a 1975 movie about robotically docile housewives. The official said he wanted to remain anonymous to avoid being punished for criticizing the program.

The emphasis on certain behaviors reminded Greenstein of her employee orientation with the CIA, when she was told to be suspicious of unhappy co-workers.

“If someone was having a bad day, the message was watch out for them,” she said.

Some federal agencies also are using the effort to protect a broader range of information. The Army orders its personnel to report unauthorized disclosures of unclassified information, including details concerning military facilities, activities and personnel.

The Peace Corps, which is in the midst of implementing its program, “takes very seriously the obligation to protect sensitive information,” said an email from a Peace Corps official who insisted on anonymity but gave no reason for doing so.

Granting wide discretion is dangerous, some experts and officials warned, when federal agencies are already prone to overreach in their efforts to control information flow.

The Bush administration allegedly tried to silence two former government climate change experts from speaking publicly on the dangers of global warming. More recently, the FDA justified the monitoring of the personal email of its scientists and doctors as a way to detect leaks of unclassified information.

But R. Scott Oswald, a Washington attorney of the Employment Law Group, called the Obama administration “a friend to whistleblowers,” saying it draws a distinction between legitimate whistleblowers who use internal systems to complain of wrongdoing vs. leakers, who illegally make classified information public.

There are numerous cases, however, of government workers who say they’ve been forced to go public because they’ve suffered retaliation after trying to complain about waste, fraud and abuse through internal channels or to Congress. Thomas Drake, a former senior NSA official, was indicted in 2010 under the Espionage Act after he disclosed millions of dollars in waste to a journalist. He’d tried for years to alert his superiors and Congress. The administration eventually dropped the charges against him.

The Pentagon, meanwhile, declined to answer how its insider threat program would accommodate a leak to the news media like the Pentagon Papers, a top-secret history of U.S. involvement in Vietnam that showed how successive administrations had misled the public and Congress on the war.

“The danger is that supervisors and managers will use the profiles for ‘Disgruntled Employees’ and ‘Insider Threats’ to go after legitimate whistleblowers,” said the second Pentagon official. “The executive order says you can’t offend the whistleblower laws. But all of the whistleblower laws are about retaliation. That doesn’t mean you can’t profile them before they’re retaliated against.”

Greenstein said she become the target of scrutiny from security officials after she began raising allegations of mismanagement in the CIA’s operations in Baghdad. But she never leaked her complaints, which included an allegation that her security chief deleted details about safety risks from cables. Instead, she relied on the agency’s internal process to make the allegations.

The CIA, however, tried to get the Justice Department to open a criminal case after Greenstein mentioned during a polygraph test that she was writing a book, which is permitted inside the agency as long as it goes through pre-publication review. The CIA then demanded to see her personal computers. When she got them back months later, all that she’d written had been deleted, Greenstein said.

“They clearly perceived me as an insider threat,” said Greenstein, who has since rewritten the book and has received CIA permission to publish portions of it. “By saying ‘I have a problem with this place and I want to make it better,’ I was instantly turned into a security threat,” she said. The CIA declined to comment.

Read more here: [link to www.mcclatchydc.com]

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:28 am

Michelle Malkin tells Obama & IRS to "Bring it on"

YOU TUBE: https://youtu.be/4KZ5Q4BxNGk Michelle Malkin

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:34 am

Michelle Malkin to Megyn Kelly: 
    IRS Not Just Scandal Because Of 'Ideology,' 'Obama's Intimidation'

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:18 am

Government could use metadata to map your every move
    Rush Limbaugh: "We are in the Midst of a Coup Taking Place" - Audio 6/7/13 6iSXE.WiPh2.91
    A driver uses a cell phone while behind the wheel in Evanston, Ill. | Alex Garcia/Chicago Tribune/MCT
    MORE ON THIS STOR

By Lindsay Wise and Jonathan S. Landay | McClatchy Washington Bureau
    WASHINGTON — If you tweet a picture from your living room using your smartphone, you’re sharing far more than your new hairdo or the color of the wallpaper. You’re potentially revealing the exact coordinates of your house to anyone on the Internet. The GPS location information embedded in a digital photo is an example of so-called metadata, a once-obscure technical term that’s become one of Washington’s hottest new buzzwords.
    The word first sprang from the lips of pundits and politicians earlier this month, after reports disclosed that the government has been secretly accessing the telephone metadata of Verizon customers, as well as online videos, emails, photos and other data collected by nine Internet companies. President Barack Obama hastened to reassure Americans that “nobody is listening to your phone calls,” while other government officials likened the collection of metadata to reading information on the outside of an envelope, which doesn’t require a warrant.
    But privacy experts warn that to those who know how to mine it, metadata discloses much more about us and our daily lives than the content of our communications.
    So what is metadata? Simply put, it’s data about data. An early example is the Dewey Decimal System card catalogs that libraries use to organize books by title, author, genre and other information. In the digital age, metadata is coded into our electronic transmissions.
    “Metadata is information about what communications you send and receive, who you talk to, where you are when you talk to them, the lengths of your conversations, what kind of device you were using and potentially other information, like the subject line of your emails,” said Peter Eckersley, the technology projects director at the Electronic Frontier Foundation, a digital civil liberties group.
    Powerful computer algorithms can analyze the metadata to expose patterns and to profile individuals and their associates, Eckersley said.
    “Metadata is the perfect place to start if you want to troll through millions of people’s communications to find patterns and to single out smaller groups for closer scrutiny,” he said. “It will tell you which groups of people go to political meetings together, which groups of people go to church together, which groups of people go to nightclubs together or sleep with each other.”
    Metadata records of search terms and webpage visits also can reveal a log of your thoughts by documenting what you’ve been reading and researching, Eckersley said.
    “That’s certainly enough to know if you’re pregnant or not, what diseases you have, whether you’re looking for a new job, whether you’re trying to figure out if the NSA is watching you or not,” he said, referring to the National Security Agency. Such information provides “a deeply intimate window into a person’s psyche,” he addedThe more Americans rely on their smartphones and the Internet, the more metadata is generated.

Read more: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/06/20/194505/government-could-use-metadata.html#.UcUymxbDGxI

magamud
    magamud

Post  magamud Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:59 am

magamud
    magamud

Post  magamud Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:05 pm

My data and experience confirm this ladies expose.  The Leviathan emerges....

USA Inc Depopulation & You - Deborah Tavares Trevor Coppola 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5vLuGPV-lU

Deborah Tavares explores some of the ways depopulation may occur and everyday things we are exposed to may be used as weapons against the people. If Depopulation is the objective these may be the tools to do just that. Filmed at Conspiracy Con 2013
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:28 pm

Top Obama official WE will kill the dollar WWIII allready underway????

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:16 pm

Everything Is Being Sold
    Market crash warning
    by Chris Martenson

Global financial markets are now in a very perilous state, and there is a much higher than normal chance of a crash.Bernanke's recent statement revealed just how large a role speculation had played in the prices of nearly everything, and now there is a mad dash for cash taking place all over the world.

After years of cramming liquidity into the markets, creating massive imbalances such as stock markets hitting new highs even as economic fundamentals deteriorated (Germany) or were lackluster (U.S.), junk bonds hitting all-time-record highs, and sovereign bond yields steadily falling even as the macro economics of various countries worsened markedly (Spain, Italy, Greece, and Portugal), all of this was steadily building up pressures that were going to be relieved someday. Just over a month ago, Japan lit the fuse by destabilizing its domestic market, which sent ripples throughout the world.

The early stage of any liquidity crisis is a mad dash for cash, especially by all of the leveraged speculators. Anything that can be sold is sold. As I scan the various markets, all I can find is selling. Stocks, commodities, and equities are all being shed at a rapid pace, and that's the first clue that we are not experiencing sector rotation or other artful portfolio-dodging designed to move out of one asset class into another (say, from equities into bonds).

....there is an increasing number of flashing indicators warning that a 2008-style – but worse – sell-off is arriving.We say "worse" because this time it looks like it will be accompanied by a vicious cycle of rising interest rates.Plus, governments and central banks have used up all of their major options already. There are no more white knights to hope for.

[link to www.peakprosperity.com

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:27 pm

Friday, June 21, 2013

Obama Confirms Conspiracy to Oust Ron Paul from Primary in 2012

Rush Limbaugh: "We are in the Midst of a Coup Taking Place" - Audio 6/7/13 Dees+ron+paul+debate
    Dees Illustration
    Activist Post

Obama was secretly recorded during the 2012 election saying that "the powers that be want it to be Romney...and it looks like that's what it's going to be."

Referring to how Ron Paul was obviously robbed in Maine, Obama says "Look what they did up in Maine...They wanted Paul out of the picture quickly, and we all know what happened there."

And to confirm that he's part of the "Powers That Be", he says "I can't say I blame them."

"Well, it's a moot point now anyhow. He's done," Obama said apparently referring to Ron Paul's hopes after the GOP engaged in outright fraud to ensure a victory for Romney.

This short 38-second video clip speaks volumes about how manipulated the presidential elections are:

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:31 pm

Obama phone waste and fraud blown wide open in undercover video from Project Veritas
    Thursday, June 20, 2013 by: J. D. Heyes
    (NaturalNews) The American welfare state is a massive failure but not because the U.S. government doesn't spend enough taxpayer dollars on its vast bureaucracy, or that the American people aren't "compassionate" enough, or that there simply are too few programs to go around. It is a failure because it not only feeds into the very worst of human behavior; it is a powerful enabler whichsustains and encourages that bad behavior.

The latest case in point is a program nicknamed the "Obama phone" - a multi-billion "outreach"-turned-boondoggle that is soaking taxpayers and is rife with fraud - at a time when the president is forcing the treasury to shell out nearly $100 million for a trip to Africa, and the sequestration is resulting in furloughs for a loss of 20 percent of pay for Department of Defense employees.

'Hey, I don't judge'
    A recent undercover "sting" operation, if you will, by Project Veritas - a conservative investigative organization founded by James O'Keefe - "shows two corporate distributors of free cell phones handing out the mobile devices to people who have promised to sell them for drug money, to buy shoes and handbags, to pay off their bills, or just for extra spending cash," Britain's Daily Mailnewspaper reported.

The Obama phone stems from the Federal Communications Commission's "Lifeline" program, which provides landline telephones and cell phones to "low-income" Americans. But O'Keefe's investigation found that, as is the case far too often with federal welfare programs, the $2.19 billion Lifeline program is being abused - badly.

As part of the undercover investigation, an operative for Project Veritas covertly videoed distributors from Stand Up Wireless and TerraCom Wireless handing out Obama phones mostly to people who showed them EBT - Electronic Benefits Transfer - cards, the modern replacement for food stamps. The EBTs are proof that those looking for a free phone qualify for welfare benefits.

In the videos Project Veritas plants are heard telling distributors of the phones that they will use them to "buy drugs" or "buy shoes."

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/040869_Obama_phone_government_waste_Project_Veritas.html#ixzz2WzFdr7pR

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 11:32 pm