tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

2 posters

Rapid Information Overlay Technology: RIOT

Brook
    Brook

Rapid Information Overlay Technology: RIOT Empty Rapid Information Overlay Technology: RIOT

Post  Brook Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:21 am

Software that tracks people on social media created by defense firm

Exclusive: Raytheon's Riot program mines social network data like a 'Google for spies', drawing ire from civil rights groups

Link to video: How Raytheon software tracks you online

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/video/2013/feb/10/raytheon-software-tracks-online-video

A multinational security firm has secretly developed software capable of tracking people's movements and predicting future behaviour by mining data from social networking websites.

A video obtained by the Guardian reveals how an "extreme-scale analytics" system created by Raytheon, the world's fifth largest defense contractor, can gather vast amounts of information about people from websites including Facebook, Twitter and Foursquare.

Raytheon says it has not sold the software – named Riot, or Rapid Information Overlay Technology – to any clients.

But the Massachusetts-based company has acknowledged the technology was shared with US government and industry as part of a joint research and development effort, in 2010, to help build a national security system capable of analyzing "trillions of entities" from cyberspace.

Article here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/feb/10/software-tracks-social-media-defence

eMonkey
    eMonkey

Rapid Information Overlay Technology: RIOT Empty Re: Rapid Information Overlay Technology: RIOT

Post  eMonkey Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:49 am

Brook wrote:
    gather vast amounts of information about people from websites including Facebook, Twitter and Foursquare.

hmmm, I think they already have this in operation a while ago. If it's news now, it was reality sometime ago. e.g. before 2010 and I suspect long before.

Sadly the spookies will not get much joy if you don't use such media - hehe.. since it is narrowly focused to data-mine a selection of sites in detail, rather than alot of sites in less detail.

For people like me who do not use such sites and never have, the spookies resort to other traditional invasive & direct means.. such as funding/paying email providers for regular activity reports and emails etc. just ask enemyNWO for other examples...

I don't make it easy for them :-)

Consider this, from what I know, mp4 compression technology was in use by the military in the early to mid 1990's and possibly quite sooner. Yet this technology is offered to us mainstream only 15 or more years later. So, it begs the question, what do they have now? So too, the question of how long they have the social media data-mining and what do they have now?
    They (A.K.A. the military industrial complex) won't give details of their current technology.. This will not be made apparent for some years yet. To coin a phrase, we only get to hear of yesterdays news.

Going further, what software do they use to build Psychological profiles of people on forums, such as this one.. I have many many questions and no answers other than to step aside, out of the limelight and their ability to classify me. Therefore I often post only nuetral posts without opinion.

i.m.h.o. "Real scary if you ask me"

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:34 am