tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

A pair of rainbow-colored saucers

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

A pair of rainbow-colored saucers Empty A pair of rainbow-colored saucers

Post  Carol Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:37 am

A pair of rainbow-colored saucers Flyingsaucers_strip
    FLYING SAUCERS: On August 1st, Ken Rotberg observed a pair of rainbow-colored saucers over Delray Beach, Florida --but they weren't UFOs. The technical term is pileus clouds: Atmospheric optics expert Les Cowley explains how they form: "On sunny afternoons, cumulus clouds boil upwards, pushing layers of moist air above them even higher where they cool and condense to form cloud caps or 'pileus' (Latin for cap). When pileus clouds form very quickly, their water droplets tend to be all the same size--the perfect condition for iridescent colors."

"I noticed the sun dropping behind a huge storm cloud in the west and ['the saucers' appeared]," says Rotberg. "I was just amazed at what I was witnessing, watching it slowly change. There was nobody near me at the time to share it with!" Consider it shared.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

A pair of rainbow-colored saucers Empty Re: A pair of rainbow-colored saucers

Post  Carol Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:53 am

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:21 am